How a Beatiful Day should be spent

Different Pair that Fits

“Che—Kim Jongdae-ssi” Chaerin whispered to Chen who has been left sleeping at the seat by the window. As he rests his head on the table, “Gwaenchanha?” she leans closer to him and smiles “Don’t worry, everything’s going to be alright”

She was startled when Chen held her handand brought it close his cheek “Did you just wake up?” he smiles

“Neh” Chaerin looks at him.

“Where’d you sleep?”

“I took the opportunity to sleep in your bed since you just fell asleep in that chair. I was going to sleep in my room but I just ended up sleeping in your bed because I was caught up in sketching”

“Did you just made me as your model again?” he held her hand close “Why are you so helplessly in love of my good looks?”

“Yah Kim Jongdae” Chaerin slaps his cheek with her hand that was held close on his cheek

Chen chuckles and opens his eye “I guess I made you miss your precious sunrise”

Chaerin nods “That’s why you owe me.” She slaps Chen’s cheek lightly “Get up so that we can check out and have coffee”

“Coffee?” Chen leans back as he stretches his arms

 

 

Chen was staring at Chaerin while she was busy retouching her sketch. He took a sip of his latte and shakes his head because of dissatisfaction. Chaerin puts down her sketch “Wae? Do you not like the coffee you ordered?”

Chen shakes his head when Chaerin took a sip of her coffee. “Marocchino?” he raises his eyebrow.

Chaerin smiles “Wae? Is it wrong for me to order marocchino?”

Chen puts down his cup “I thought you love café au lait? You once mentioned in our conversation in Beijing that you love having it because the taste reminds you of Italy or Germany”

“I just find marocchino a good substitute” Chaerin takes another sip before she puts her cup down and resume to her sketch.

Chen’s eyebrows furrowed “good substitute? I haven’t heard any news that there is a problem in the production of espresso nor milk that you need to look substitute drink” Chen slumps on his seat like a kid giving her that fine then attitude. Chaerin sighs “Why are you even making a big deal on what I drink? You really want me to explain again and talk as much as I could, don’t you?” Chen shrugs and looks at her.

“I didn’t know that you’re such a kid” she mumbles. Chaerin puts down the sketch (for the second time) and looks at him “Because ordering café au lait is nostalgic but once I drink it—it’s not the same thing anymore. Do you understand? I like ordering it because I get to see you smiling over the counter. I like drinking that coffee that I order not because it reminds me of my favourite countries but because I like the idea that you specially made it for me” she picks up her sketch “Are you happy now?”

Chen sits up straight and before he drinks his coffee, he mumbles “Neh”

“After I finish my sketch, what do you want to do?” Chaerin says as she is focused on her sketch

“Mwo? Want to do? You make it sound like I’m the girl who’s on a date.”

“Didn’t you tell me that you’re the visitor that’s why I should give you some Korean hospitality.” She grins

“Are you sure that it’s only because of that? It could be because you find me more pathetic than usual”

“Aish,” Chaerin looks at Chen “Look what you made me do to my sketch. Stop talking nonsense so that my sketch won’t be filled with negativity.”

“Araasoo~”
 

 

“So where should we go?” she looks at Chen who’s walking beside her.

“I’m thinking of accepting your offer about taking a walk” He looks at her and smiles.

Chaerin nods “But you do know that offer expired when you made fun of me at the cemetery. Should we just go to an amusement park? Or an arcade shop?”

“Are you serious? Those places are crowded. You hate places that have too many people in it.”

“What are you saying? That I have a fear of being in a crowded place?”

“Ahni. It’s not that you’re scared or anything, you just hate it. You like places that calm you, not stress you out by people’s stares. That explains the bar we once went to and why you enjoyed the lake view more”

“That’s a pretty good observation of yours Kim Jongdae” she smiles.

Chen clears his throat “umm… can you not call me Kim Jongdae. It feels weird.”

She shows her hand to him “Then give me your identification card so we could figure out if you’re an oppa or dongsaeng”

“That’s not it” Chen was looking away because he is trying to be serious and feels like he’ll die in shame if he says it to Chaerin bluntly. As they’re walking, he grits his teeth and held Chaerin’s hand gently to put it down “Call me Chen, just like when we were in Beijing. Even if you now know my past or who I really am, I still want you to call me Chen… because calling me Chen makes me feel like nothing has changed between us”

Chaerin rolled her eyes playfully and smiles, Chen stops on their track and burst out “Wae!?!”

Chaerin faces him and puts her hands on his cheeks “Yah. You’re so cheesy and weird… I really thought you’d ask something strange”. Chen laughs lightly “Why did you thought I’d ask you to call me bae or something?” he bit his lower lip then says “But you have to admit, it’s the reason why you like me too.”

She tilted her head and hummed “mmm... Who gave you that idea?” she puts down her hand then linked her other arm to Chen’s “I guess I did.”

“Stop being cheesy romantic, I think my sickness is starting to get into you” he smiles as they continue walking “How about a movie then”

“Too boring”

“Then should we just walk around this town?”

Chaerin nods “Sounds like a perfect and familiar plan,” she looks down on the path they’re walking “But I don’t mind it. I like this. Just like before, I get to walk with you in some unfamiliar place. But this time, we get to be closer together as we walk”

“Neh. That’s why you have to do that thing that you used to do in Beijing when I accompany you on your trips. If something or someplace reminds you of the countries you’ve went, I want you to tell me your stories. I like listening to your story trips” he peeks at Chaerin who is now looking at the shops they pass by “To be honest, I just like listening to anything you say”

“Really?” she raises her eyebrows then smiles “You know what, you could be a good writer if ever you ever consider it. You’re like appa, because he is such a good listener and is excited about mostly everything that is foreign to him. In fact, he was able to become a good writer where people could relate to him yet still learn new things about him because of that kind of attitude he has. I remember this one time where we visited a small town…”

And just like what Chen asked, Chaerin did tell him stories whenever a place they pass by or a thing they see on the street remind her of something that has happened to her. Most of her stories are about the stores she visited or something about what happened to her father. Although most of her stories are likely the same, Chen still enjoyed her stories. He paid great attention to her stories, to her smile, to her laugh, and her cute expressions which she is unaware. Chen doesn’t forget to laugh or smile back, not because it is the right thing but because his laughs and smiles just come out natural with Chaerin.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to a nice place so that you can have a more decent food?” Chen places the tray that is full of food on the table. He gives Chaerin two samgak kimbap, a cup of ramen, and water which all came from the convenient store. Chaerin looks at Chen and laughs lightly “I just realized,” Chen takes a seat which was across Chaerin’s “I haven’t told you a story that reminds me of you”

“Don’t worry, I think we could still have a lot of dates where you could tell me a memorable event where I am included in.”

“And you consider this a date?” she took bite of the kimbap and gives Chen that judging look.

“mmm…No?”

Chaerin nods “Didn’t you tell me that I should just accompany you in getting lost.”

“Then what…are we?” he scratches the back of his head.

“Yah Chen-ssi, even if we both know that we like each other doesn’t mean we’re in a relationship. You still need to take me in some dates.”

 “How many?” he opens the cup of ramen “How many dates are you talking about until I get to call you a cheesy nickname like bae?”

“I don’t know Kim Jongdae, it depends on how great you are in dates.” Chaerin gives him a cheeky smile.

“Yah, I said call me Chen” he scrunches his nose and gives Chaerin a determined look “Once we get back to Seoul, I will not waste time. You will be my girlfriend. You will permanently call me Chen”

“You treat everything like a game” she shakes her head “But I guess I’ll have to see where this will lead”

“So… how about Monday? That is our first official date?” he scratches the back of his head because Chen feels weird that Chaerin just coolly talks to him about this kind of silly thing without even blushing.

Chaerin pursed her lips then says “Oh, I can’t I have this thing all weekdays. I do have a life here” she teases him.

“I know” he was unable to think of what he said out loud, “Ahh.. I meant I know people have their own lives too. So… Saturday?”

“I’ll be looking forward to our official date in Saturday” she hides her smile as she looks the other way.

“N-neh!” Chen cleared his throat because his voice was exaggerated “Neh…. After we finish with our meal, we could catch a bus to Seoul.” he looks down on his ramen and smiles.

- - - - - END - - - - -


A/N:

Ahh.. so what did you think? I just wanted to write a light chapter showing how these two would spend their day after what has happened. No more sad scenes (๑≖ิิ益≖ิ๑)>. 

I really had a hard time with this chapter since I am now struggling on how my characters would change. That's why I really need my awesome readers' opinions based on how Chen and Chaerin acted in this chapter (esp. Chae),

Do you guys think it's too fast & seems like it's out of Chen and Chaerin's character to act all sweet and stuff now?

Other than that, tell me your love & your hate in this chapter! Sorry about not the good transitions of scenes, I'll work hard next time!

Now, all that is left that I'll be waiting for your comments! Thank you very very very much for taking time to read my crack fic~♥♥♥