It's a tour...not a date

Different Pair that Fits

Chaerin was sitting alone at Yinhe cafe. After Professor Kijin left to rest in the hotel they’re staying, she has been on her phone for hours and is trying to ignore of the people’s stare, glances and whispers about her.

 

Chaerin’s presence in the cafe intimidates any every being. Ladies who were enjoying their cup of coffee can’t help but envy her great sense of fashion and how the ‘all black look’ was made for her and didn’t made her look like some gothic emo chick. Men, on the other hand, can’t help but steal glances to her because of the charisma and y aura she exudes.

 

Out of the people who just admired and envy her from afar, only one had courage to come up to her. He gently knocked on the table to get Chaerin’s attention and gave her a friendly smile,

“Shall we go?” Chen now traded his barista uniform for comfortable plain shirt with a leather jacket, pants, and sneakers. 

She stood up and got her things “I still can’t believe daddy convinced... bribed the weird Chinese guy I met earlier,” Chaerin continued while following Chen to the exit “and he is now my weird Chinese tour guide.”

Chen can’t tell if Chaerin was serious or what she said has humour in it, he just laughed “Ahh... stop assuming that I’m Chinese. I AM 100% KOREAN.” Chen held out the door so Chaerin exit “But on the weird part.. I won’t argue with you on that one”

 “In that case, why won’t you just speak in hangul?” Chaerin looks at Chen “and another thing, not a question though. I noticed you smile a lot... in fact, you smile too much”

“And you don’t” Chen felt like what he said was wrong, it just felt like he was intruding her or something “Well, I just noticed that too... so, where’d you like to go?” he gave an awkward laugh and rubbed his nape with his left hand “Ahh.. sorry. It sounded like we are going on a date. BUT IT’S NOT LIKE—“

“Is there any place where I could enjoy and relax myself? I’m not much familiar in this side of Beijing”

“Oh ok,” Chen smiled after he remembered a place Xiumin recommended him “I think I just know that place where a person like you would fit in”

 

“One ward eight” Chaerin ordered to the bartender. “So this is the place where you think I fit in? Where I can enjoy and relax myself” Chaerin nods as if she was just talking to herself.

“Isn’t it? Here’s your relax” Chen spread out his arms to show the high-class serene bar. “And here is your enjoy” he raised his glass of rum

“I still can’t believe your father is Lee Kijin.” He looked the melting ice in his drink “You must have travelled a lot. It must have felt good to be able to dream and travel at the same time...”

Chen was surprised when Chaerin clinked her glass to his’ “I guess you love my dad’s work too much that you even quote his lines”

Chaerin was looking at the bar where it displays a variety of wine, beer, and other types of drinks. “...dreaming to travel is like dreaming to drink or even just have a taste of every drink displayed in that bar. It’s exciting and it makes your imagination run wild. But... once you’ve got to drink or even taste so much, like travelling, it becomes sickening and meaningless.”

“Wow! That was depressing” Chen clinks his glass to Chaerin’s “...because it’s true”

Chearin nodded “It is depressing. It’s like living a life where you know you can’t make big dreams and decisions because you know those kind of permanent things just can’t happen in a life you have...”

In one shot, Chen drank his remaining rum. He put down his glass and smiled “Let’s go. We’re not enjoying ourselves anymore... we’ll just end up getting drunk, and I can’t risk that since my friend Xiumin is not here to bring me home”

 

 

This time, Chen brought Chaerin to a place where he thinks she could relax herself. It was not a classy place but it is still good. Though there are no more fancy chairs, there is a good grass where one can lay to. This place has less people, but it has more trees that make you feel the breeze of air. There was no longer a view of different drinks; instead, there was a serene lake that is in front of them.

“There’s nothing much to enjoy here, just the scenery... but I guess this is the cheapest place that could give you relaxation...” Chen took off of his jacket and laid it on a spot that is under a tree and just near by the lake “You may think that this isn’t much,” he looked at his watch “but if you would just wait, you’d see that this is better than the bar we went earlier.”

“Why did you bring me to this place?” Chaerin was leaning on the tree

“Because you reminded me of myself. And maybe just like me, you need a place like this to clear your head. I don’t know why, but even if there is a great difference on whom we are—really great difference. But after hearing your melodrama earlier, it made me feel like I know how you feel”

“Which one? The travelling part?”

Chen was just looking at the lake and shook his head “No. I meant the dream part. But our difference is that I don’t know what to dream of... this may sound weird because I’m telling you too much,”

Chaerin scoffs because she did thought it was weird. It was weird how they were just strangers earlier and now they’re telling each other’s deepest thoughts.

“But I think creating your dreams is more complicated than making them happen. It’s so complicated that it makes you feel lost because you don’t know what to do with your life. But I think once you wait, it will eventually come...” Chen looked at his watch again,

 

In just a few seconds, the whole place light up. The tree Chaerin is leaning on, and the other trees surrounding them, lit up like Christmas trees because of the lights hanged on it. There is a place from the other side of the lake that also began to light up and it created a beautiful reflection in the lake.

Chaerin was in awe while Chen just smiled and continued “and when that time comes, it will just feel great knowing your existence and what you would like to do with it.”

After a time, the two fell silent. It was just until Chen finally spoke “Why don’t you just stay here for a while, you can sit on my jacket which I laid out for you.”

When Chen passed by Chaerin, she stopped him and said “Hand me your phone”

“Yah, are you trying to rob me? Trust me, it’d be useless” Chen smiled and just handed her his phone.

She dialled something on his phone and her phone began to ring then ended. “There, I have your number and you have mine. When I call you, it means you have to answer it or call me back.” She handed him back his phone and didn’t looked at him “And don’t ask too many questions. I am not familiar in China and that’s the reason why I will call you from time to time.”

“I must admit, that was a little cool for a weird Korean-who’s-mistaken-as-a-Chinese” she sat on the jacket laid out under the tree and took out here phone once again.  Chen nodded and said “I’ll be just waiting for you in a nearby bench. Just call me if your finished”

She shook her head and is too busy on her phone “I’ll be here for a while. This is our goodbye for now. Just like before, you can leave and everything is cool between us.”

Chen didn’t argue with Chaerin and asked her why she would stay late. He knows that she can take care of herself (well—she has been travelling all her life and she still manage to be in one piece) He bid his goodbye and Chaerin nodded.

 

 

Chen took a cab. He was resting on the backseat. While his eyes were closed he heard Xiumin’s voice echoing in his head “YAH KIM JONGDAE! Does this mean you’re joining me to China?..Maybe you’ll find your dream there.”

 

“Yeah maybe...” Chen opened his eyes sighs “just maybe.”

                                                    - - - - - END - - - - -


A/N:

Ahh.. I had doubts to post this--the problem happening to EXO is just depressing... but all I want to say to other EXO fans out there, just have faith that no EXO member is the bad guy. ALL OF THEM are victims.. & the news you've been reading... DON'T TRUST THEM.

 

Back to the story.. ahh. What do you think? I am still struggling on how to bring up the topic where they need to go to korea.. whyiswritinghard? Also, excuse my english and stuffs.LOL. Well, I don't know if you liked the story.. if you did, please give my story a vote (LOL)