Beijing's Best Korean Baristas

Different Pair that Fits

"Zaoshang hao (Good morning), welcome to Yinhe Cafe! My name is Chen and I will be the one to serve your coffee today” the young man gave the customer a friendly smile

 

It’s been months since he was doing this, working in Beijing as a barista (but he’s not bad at his job though) . It is not like this is his dream; this is just his distraction while he tries to figure his life out. Everyone kept asking him why China.. well he doesn't know too (and here he thought his life could've make sense).

 

“I’ll have Black Eye. It’s to go ok since I am in a rush” says the man who is about 'skyscraper' feet tall.

“Can I know your name which I will write on the cup?”

“It’s Kris” the customer replied

 

Chen nodded and began to prepare for the customers’ order.

 

While preparing, he was smiling so hard that his cheekbones hurt. It was because he was trying to hide how tensed he was. “Black Eye?” he thought to himself “How can I forget how to make that?!” he knew that he could—WILL make a mistake since his friend Xiumin is not around to help him (why the heck does he have to run late today!?!)

 

As he returned to the counter with the customers’ order, the Kris took a sip of the coffee and gave a funny and distasteful look.

“Are you kidding me! This is doesn’t taste like Black Eye” he slammed the cup in the counter that it spilled the coffee “How the hell can you call yourself a barista if you can’t make a simple coffee like this!”

 

Some of the coffee spilled on Chen’s uniform but mostly were on the counter. Unlike the spilled coffee, he was trying his best to keep his emotions all sealed up and prevent himself hitting the customer.

Yes it was his mistake but shouldn’t he be treated better than that? He’s a freaking barista! He is not some peasant who can be treated dirt once he makes a mistake.

 

 

“Our apologies sir, my friend Chen here has a lot on his mind today... But I assure you that he is one of the best Espressino-makers out there” Xiumin quickly got to the counter to make Kris talk to him rather than cursing Chen who was wiping off the spilled coffee.

 

“Is he really a barista? He’s job is so simple yet he can’t do it right.” Kris was still picking on Chen “Are you a barista too? Are you the stupid one like him or the good one... just give me a Black Eye. And this time, you have to make a better job than that retarded ”

 

Xiumin clenched his teeth while Chen was unable to raise his head out of shame. “One Black Eye coming up” He took a cup and put the lid on it and placed it in the counter.

“Is this cafe run by retarded men? Where the hell is my black eye! Didn’t I tell you that I am in a rush?!”

“One black eye coming right up!” Xiumin’s fists ran across the man’s face and cause the man to fall. “Just wait for a few minutes and your black eye will show, sir” Xiumin mockingly said to the man.

He then whispered to Chen, who was still in shock “Run.”

 

 

They quickly got into the back exit and took off. They were running even though Kris was not on their tail.

“Why did you do that?!” Chen was hysterical and practically catching his breath “You knocked out a customer! That guy even looked like he is freaking rich!”

Xiumin was laughing and was also almost out of breath “What? You’re asking me why I knocked out that uneducated guy?! Remember Chen, we came to Beijing to have a good job and be a respectable barista. I didn’t come to work to a foreign country to be treated like a dog ” Then they looked at each other and stopped running. 

“Di lei (dog dropping)” Xiumin and Chen said in chorus and laughed

 

“You should take the day off since we both know that Lu Han will just flip on you if you got back to the cafe” Chen said as he rests on a bench near them.

“Look, he can flip anytime he wants... but we both know that he can never fire his greatest barista’s in China” Xiumin was smiling while he wiped of the sweat in his forehead.

Xiumin looked at Chen who is now looking down. He ruffles Chen’s hair “Hey cheer up! That won’t deport us back to Korea. And fine! I’ll take the day off”

Xiumin then left Chen without waiting for him to look up or say goodbye because he knows that Chen already took so much for the morning and the least he could do is argue with his friend.

 - - - - - END - - - - -

 


A/N:

Yay! my first weird fanfic. LOL (oh come on and admit that you find CL and Chen weird to be paired up) But I am still happy. If there are errors and if ever I'd put or add some stuffs.. I'll do it next time! It's freaking 3AM here! soo.. yeah!

Chapter 1 is about Jongdae first so you have to read chapter 2 to find out more! & GOOD NEWS! IT'S RELEASE DAY so it means two chapters release! Chapter 2 is out!

 

thank you for reading! please leave a comment♥