9

Sacrification
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two finally reached the shore and went looking for Kris. They found him sleeping underneath a tree and ran into him. They were excited to see him again but as they approached nearer him, they realized that Kris wasn’t only sleeping but he was injured.

“Ommo! Kris Oppa! What happened?” Sooji asked as she woke him up. Kris steered up before he woke up and greeted them faintly.

“What happened, hyung? Why are you bleeding?” Baekhyun asked worriedly as he took out some ointment from his bag.

“When I flew here,” Kris started, “I felt weaker and weaker and then I fell. That's how I got injured.”

“Eat this oppa,” Sooji said as she handed him her chocolate, “trust me it will help.” Baekhyun nodded to Sooji's words and Kris ate the chocolate.

“Do you feel better?” Sooji asked and Kris nodded. Baekhyun cleaned his wounds and bandaged his elbows and knees as Sooji helped him with the chocolate.

“Let's go,” Kris said as he stood up. Baekhyun and Sooji looked at him in confusion.

“I'm okay now. I don't feel good in this island so we better off now,” Kris said and the two nodded. They packed their things and get ready to set off. Kris transformed himself into a dragon and the two sat on his spine.

 

♡♡♡

 

There were no rain but there were thunderstorms as they flew across small islands and the sea. Kris was almost hit several times by the lightning but luckily he was able to move away.

However, the wind was really strong. Baekhyun could feel Sooji who sat behind him shivering. Baekhyun took her hand from behind and brought them around his chest.

“I’m warm. Come and hug me if you’re feeling that cold,” Baekhyun said with a smile.

“Thank you, Baek,” Sooji replied. She tightened her arms around his chest and rested her face on the back of his shoulders. Baekhyun blushed as he could feel tingling feeling on his stomach.

“Soo?”Baekhyun called nervously. He remembered asking Sooji couldn’t reply to his very important question the other day. Baekhyun took a deep breath as he continued his words.

“Can I date you?”

Sooji let go of his chest and held her breath for a moment.

“Baekhyun, I…”

*ROAR*

The thunder roared in front of them and it almost hit them. Kris managed to dodge it by his sudden swing to the left but that was his mistake.

“Baekhyun!” Sooji screamed as she failed to catch the falling Baekhyun. Baekhyun had fall off the dragon’s back. Kris cursed and sprinted his way to follow Baekhyun. Sooji could feel tears streaming down her eyes as she saw Baekhyun’s body falling through the dark sky, towards the forest underneath them. She regretted and hated herself for letting go of him. She could have saved him too, if she was paying attention.

Sooji closed her eyes and hang tight on the dragon’s neck as he raced downwards against the wind and landed between oak trees in the unknown island. Sooji quickly ran to where Baekhyun fell but as she ran towards, she found a shadow walking towards her.

“Sooji, wait for me!” Kris yelled as he ran to follow her. Seeing Sooji stood rooted to the ground, he asked her what was wrong and she pointed to the shadow. Kris widened his eyes and pulled Sooji to hide behind one of the trees, thinking that those shadows are threat. But Sooji pulled his hand off.

“That might be Baekhyun!” Sooji scolded him as she ran to follow the shadow.

“Sooji! It’s dangerous!” Kris reminded as he followed her. Sooji called Baekhyun’s name as she ran towards the shadow and suddenly the shadow stopped. As Sooji ran, she could see that the shadow belonged to a man, but it wasn’t Baekhyun. The man was carrying Baekhyun instead.

“Hey, are you looking for this guy?” The man asked. Sooji ran towards the man and saw that there were bruises and cuts in Baekhyun’s body.

“Oh no…” Sooji cried.

“I found him while I was looking for wood. He seemed to have broken his arm,” the man sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter