7

Sacrification
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Does it hurt?” Sooji asked as she applied ointment onto Baekhyun’s arm. They had just finished washing up and the servants gave them new sets of clothes.

“A bit,” Baekhyun answered, holding back the stinging pain.

“Don’t move. Stay still,” Sooji said as she bandaged his arms, “There, done.”

“Thanks,” Baekhyun smiled, “And thanks for saving me back there.”

“It’s okay. You saved me a lot of times too so thanks,” Sooji smiled.

“Umm, sorry for interrupting but Queen Taeyeon wanted to see you,” Yugyeom informed as he stood shyly beside the door.

The two immediately stood up and went to the hall. There already seated the Queen and her siblings, Princess Hyoyeon and Prince Key.

“Baekhyun and Sooji! You’re here!” Queen Taeyeon smiled as she saw the two, “I have something to tell you.”

The Queen whispered something to the servant near her and the servant immediately left the hall.

“You saved the lifes of our little Trolls and we wanted to thank you for that,” The Queen said. Her servant came back with three big boxes. “Now choose one of these boxes, as our gift for you. But remember, just one box,” The Queen continued.

“The right one,” Sooji whispered to Baekhyun.

“No, the left one,” Baekhyun insisted.

“The right one please.”

“The left one seems better.”

“Are you guys okay?” Prince Key asked.

“Yes, we are. We are just confused on which one to choose,” Sooji answered with a smile.

“Okay, go on and choose wisely,” The Prince said again.

“So which one?” Baekhyun asked, “I still root for the left one.”

“Hmmm, this isn’t going anywhere. How about the middle one?” Sooji suggested.

“Hmmm, okay. Sounds fun anyway to choose the middle one,” Baekhyun nodded in agreement and turned to the Queen, pointing to the middle box, “We will take that one.”

“Sure,” The Queen smiled and gestured her servant to open the box. He took out it’s contents. There were amenities, some gold coins (which they do not know what they’ll use with it), bow & arrow, compass and a gun. Baekhyun and Sooji looked at each other in surprise.

Come back with a gun in hand.

 

♡♡♡

 

Out of the blue, thunderstorms could be heard and rain poured hard outside. One soldier came running into the hall. He looked panicked. “Bad news, Queen. The Strikers are here,” the soldier announced, panting hard.

“Explains the bad weather,” The Queen said, “Make sure everyone is inside the castle. Lock all gates and doors. Keep everyone safe,” the Queen ordered as she stood up. Her siblings followed her.

“Hyoyeon, you can help me take care of Sooji and Key

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter