Chapter 8

The Start Of Us

When we went up, I saw Yunmi and Jessica sitting at a table beside the large window. They're good in choosing a place with nice view. They waved when they noticed we're walking in their direction, and we waved back with a big smile. "Soojung-ie! Sora-ssi! Here." Jessica screamed. When we sat down, I felt something's missing. "Hey, Yunmi! Do you feel any emptiness?" I asked, and she shrugged her shoulders. "Oh yes! Where's Haemi? Did you see her?" She shook her head. "Their class always come out 5 minutes later than us on Mondays. Just wait." Jessica told me. 

"Well, that's weird, because when the bell rang, I saw the students from their class headed outside earlier. Maybe they're in the toilet. Yeah, that's possible." I said. Right after my assumption, I saw Haemi coming towards us with her 2 other friends. When she noticed us at the table, she waved and said Hi. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Choi Haemi. Nice to meet you." she politely introduced herself to Krystal and Jessica. "Drop the formality, please. We're all friends after all. I'm Jessica, and this is my sister, Krystal." Krystal smiled and bowed. "Now. Let's have our lunch break! YAY!" Hyosung announced. 

Haemi took the seat beside me, Jieun sat beside Yunmi, and Hyosung sat in between Haemi and Jieun. After a moment, a waitress came to take our order. Everyone ordered Lunch Meal Set 1, including me. Soon, no noise to be heard from our group. They all seem to enjoy their meal, I enjoy mine too. They all have good manners while eating. Well, what do you expect? They're all from wealthy families. Duh! Why do I always behave like I'm not a rich person? I'm used to this kind of environment, but I somehow changed a bit after the kidnap. Gee, so scary. I don't even want to think about it.

After 10 minutes, we finished our lunch. "Woah, that was delicious. I hope I don't gain too much weight." Yunmi broke the silence. "Don't worry. All the meals served here is low-calorie, but still delicous! Yummy~ It's funny how on-stage we, Secret, and Jessica and Krystal are rivals, but off-stage, we're close." Jieun said with a small laugh. Everyone understood what her said except Haemi. Looks like she didn't know about what Krystal told me, yet. Her expression was somehow blank and confused. A mixture of both. 

"I'm sorry, but, I don't understand what are you talking about. Is it about exams? Are you good in academics?" Haemi asked. "Oops! I forgot to tell you, eh? Just listen, and I'll explain at home." Hyosung said and continued chatting. I feel bad for Haemi, she couldn't understand. "Oh yeah. After lunch break, we'll have 3 more lessons to go! Yoohoo~ It actually feels great that we finished way earlier than others."

***

Haemi's pov

Ah! It's the last period and I lost my interest in focusing. It's not boring, but I just don't feel like studying it. So, are you curious on who stared at me that made me feel uncomfortable? Aren't you curious, readers? Well, that person is... 

RING! Oh? The bell rang. "Haemi, let's go!" Jieun called me and walked me outside with Hyosung. "How was school today, huh? It's fun, right?" Hyosung asked. I nodded and smiled. We chatted for a while and I didn't realize that we're already in the vehicle that we will be using to go home. "We're riding this? This van? Who else will ride it?" I asked while pointing to that big, black van. "Everyone in the special classes. Why?" Hyosung answered. "Oh, it's because that, um. Don't you think it's a bit too small for all of us to fit in? I mean, look at the size! It's only enoug for 9 people." I told them. "Hihi, Haemi. Don't be such a fool. Enter it. It's even bigger than what you expected, you know?" Jieun laughed at my silliness. I'm not that stupid, okay? I always scored my exam. 

So I entered. Is it true? Is it big and spacious as what they've said? Well, I don't know. So, I went in to check it out.