Chapter 3

The Start Of Us

There are two girls lying down here. Which one should I wake up first? I'll wake this girl with white dress. Is she married? The dress looks like a wedding dress, and it looks pretty expensive. I tapped her shoulder gently. After a few taps, she woke up with shocked expression plastered on her face. "Where am I? Who are you? Why am I here? And who is this girl?" Not trying to draw attention from outside, I quickly hushed her and whispered, "I don't know where are we. I'm Haemi, I just woke up and saw you two lying here, so I decided to wake you up. It's a very selfish act if I rescue only myself." I smiled to her.

"Keep quiet. We don't want them to know we're awake. Let's wake this girl," I told the bride. She whispered to her left ear while I shake her body. She's pretty sensitive, right after first touch, she woke up. Her eyes wide open, with face full of fear, hugged me almost immediately. "Keep calm. You're okay now. Let's find a tool and get out of this place," the bride told her.

We heard a guy talking with his buddy saying, "Hey, Jin. Let's go buy some food. Just leave them here, they won't get out anyway."

"You sure, Jimin? What if RapMon found out that there was no one guarding them?" he asked with full of concern. "Eh, it's just for a while. Come on!"

"Fine, but if we're caught, you'll be held responsible. I'm not in this!" Jin shouted.

"Girls, we have chance to escape. Try to find something to get out of this spooky, old storage room. Luckily, it's made of .. " I got interrupted by the bride. "Hey! Look at what I've found! An axe. We could break those walls and get out of here! Simple as that." She smiled. "..wood." I continued. 

After the sound of the car moving gets farther, we quickly start our survival mission. Since they are both tired and still shocked, I broke the walls enough for three of us to escape.

"Quick! Quick! They'll come back in any minute." I yelled. Then, we ran in one direction, hoping to find a way out. When we're already far from the "place", we sat down in a group trying to catch a breath after running about 15 miles away. 

"Does any of you have your phone?" The girl who woke up the last asked. "Before answering that, let's introduce ourselves. It will be easier to address each other." The bride said. Each of us introduced ourselves : I'm Haemi, the bride is Yunmi, and the girl is Sora.

"Oh yeah, back to the question. I think I have it. Well, I hope so. Luckily, I have my bag with me, but let's not get too excited. We don't know whether they took my phone or no." I told them.

"Ta-da! I found it! Let's try calling my mom. She must be worried," I told them with a sorry expression.

 After a few rings, finally someone answered. I felt warm liquid flowing from my eyes down my cheeks. I missed her voice, her warm, motherly voice. 

Mom : Hello?

Me : Mom! I missed you so much! 

Mom : Sweetie!

Me : Mom, what are you doing right now?

Mom : Are you okay? Are you hurt?

Me : I'm fine. I didn't get hurt.

Mom : Listen to me, Haemi. Don't come back here, yet. It's dangerous!

Me : Why? Did something happened?

Mom : Ha-ah (sigh). It's complicated. Just listen to me, okay? Do you have any idea where are you right now? I'll send a helicopter and bring you to grandpa's in Seoul, South Korea.

Me : Wait. Oh yeah! Also, there are 2 other girls who are in the same boat as me. They're with me right now. May I bring them too?

Mom : Sure, that's no problem. God bless anyone who helps others. 

Me : I'll send you the screenshot of the location we are at right now.

Mom : Okay, be careful sweetie. Mommy loves you!

Me : Okay. You too, be careful. Don't get hurt, and live at a safe place. I love you too!

Mom : Bye, I need to go now and call the securities to take you there.

Me : Bye.


About an hour passed, we sat there, waiting patiently. To let them know our location, we ignite the flares we found in the storage house earlier. Tsk, tsk. Why are they so careless?

We heard loud noises approaching us. Is it the helicopter?