Chapter 2

The Start Of Us

"Hikaru, I'm going home now. You may continue talking with your friends." I waved at him and went out of the school. I called my mom and told her that I'm going to wait for her outside the gate. As I sat on a bench a bit farther from the school, suddenly a hand with cloth covered my mouth and nose.

I felt so dizzy from the strong smell and fell unconscious. What is this feeling? I feel like I'm in another dimension and started to dream about so many things. I tried to move or wake up, but my body is paralyzed. I tried to speak, but my throat got stuck. I just lied there and wait until I could move. 

***

Hikaru's p.o.v

I was talking to my friend until my phone vibrated signaling that there's an incoming call. I excused myself from the group and answered it.

Hikaru : Yes, Aunt Heejoo.

Haemi's mother : Hello there, Hikaru. Are you still in school?

Hikaru : Yes, I am still in school. 

Haemi's mother : Oh. Did you see Haemi?

Hikaru : I'm afraid not. She said she will go home and went out of the school half an hour ago.

Haemi's mother : Oh, okay then. But I don't see her here. She said she was going to wait for me outside the school's main gate.

Hikaru : Why don't you try to call her, or shall I call her instead?

Haemi's mother : She didn't answer the phone. 

Hikaru : I'll end this call and call her phone. Please wait, and I'll tell you if she's somewhere else.

I tried to call her many times, but there's still no answer. Dang it! I should have send her home when she said she was going to. I'm such a fool! Not willing to waste time, I immediately call her mother.

Haemi's mother : Do you know where she is?

Hikaru : I'm sorry, Aunt Heejoo. I called her dozens of times, but there's still no answer.

Haemi's mother : Oh, okay.

Hikaru : I'm sorry to say this, but, there may be a chance she's kidnapped. I'm so sorry for my foolish act. I should have send her home instead of talking with my friends. I'm really sorry.

Haemi's mother : It's okay, dear. There's nothing we can do now. We just have to hope that she's coming home sooner or later.

Hikaru : Thank you! I have to go now, bye.

Haemi's mother : Bye. Take care, Hikaru!

***

Haemi's p.o.v

I still can't do anything. All I can do is pray to God for safety. The car suddenly stopped. I think we're here. I'm so nervous, wondering what will they do. 'Please, I want to stay alive!' I feel someone, a guy maybe, carry me like a bride and brought me in a place. He then tied my legs and hands, and left me there. This room smells so old. It's scary! Then, I heard two other voices struggling to open the ties on their legs and hands. I hope it's not a ghost. Ugh, I'm tired now. I'll sleep and I hope I can wake up as usual.

Finally conscious, I opened my eyes and squealed happily, although I'm not saved yet. I started to worry. What will they do to me? Kill me? Use me as hostage? I think those two choices are possible. I have to get off this tie and look around for tools to cut these annoying ropes off. This room is creepy, but at least the candles are lit. If it's not, then I probably will panic, imagining ghosts around me, smiling in the dark and ready to devour me. Sheesh, that's so scary! Now, I've got to find something! Voila! A pocket knife. I went to get it by moving like a caterpillar. That's good because with this, I can be better in body waves. 'Let's not waste time, and cut these ropes and run away!' 

I gasped as I hear voices outside. 'Shoot! I hope they're not going in!' I thought to myself. "Jin! I'll go in to check the girls!" I heard someone yelling to his other buddy called Joon? Jeon? Jin? Jang? Whatever! Now it's time to panic! I saw the door knob turning. 'No! Please don't! God, please save me! I'm too young to die. I have a company to look after, I'm not even married yet! Please forgive all my sins. Amen!' I thought again. "Jimin! You can go later. Help me with these! They're so heavy." That person demanded him. I sighed in relief and quickly cut off the ropes. 

After I finished, I see two other girls lying on the ground. I guess they're still unconscious, but I heard their voices few hours ago. Maybe they're sleeping. Should I wake them up? What if they're baits, and told the boys that I woke up? That would be really dangerous. Just take the risk and be quick. Time is ticking. I'll never know if I didn't try, so this is my chance. 

There are two girls lying down here. Which one should I wake up first?

I'll wake this girl with white dress. Is she married? The dress looks like a wedding dress, and it looks pretty expensive.

I tapped her shoulder gently. After a few taps, she woke up with shocked expression plastered on her face. "Where am I? Who are you? Why am I here? And who is this girl?" Not trying to draw attention from outside, I quickly hushed her and whispered, "I don't know where we are. I'm Haemi. I just woke up and saw you two lying here, so I decided to wake you up. It's a very selfish act if I rescue only myself." I smiled to her.