Mine and Mine Alone

Don't Leave

"Karl-ssi!" a male called from the side, waving to gain her attention.

She lowered her sunglasses, peering over her nose. Eyes sharp, they softened as she recognized the boy she's known since childhood. 
 

"Luhan!" Karl smiled, walking swiftly to greet him. "Did you wait for long?"
The corners of his mouth lifted. "My feet hurt; I've been standing here for well over an hour. Enough about me, how was Italy?"
Shaking her finger, she sighed. "I'm officially over pasta and pizza. That's literally all I ate since I don't have a clue about Italian cuisine."
Luhan chuckled, shaking his head. "You never had such good taste."
His remark earned him a swift smack on the head. "Shut up; I'm British, remember?"

People walking past the duo murmured as they saw the pair, whispering about how perfect they looked together and noting the angelic aura surrounding them. 

This was no surprise.

Since she was young, Karl was a remarkable beauty. Her long, dark-brown hair emphasized the hazel green eyes earned from her European heritage. With fair skin and soft lips, she was the ideal picture of what many would love to be; she was y and romantic with a hint of innocence. You would've thought she was a doll until you've realized her horrible temper. She must have everything prim and proper; if not, you're fired. Her moodiness eventually forced the Weston household to switch out the staff every week in fear of the wrath of Miss Weston.

Luhan was fairly the opposite. His baby face led to many admirers in his years; it led to his career and passion at SM. His large, doe eyes and pale skin earned him his name, "Deer", in Chinese. He was gentle and kind, resulting in many one-sided love affairs.

When they met, they weren't supposed to get along. It started with the business meeting between a future trainee and a sponsor's daughter. Naturally, he was slightly afraid of Karl's cold demeanor and winced as she lashed out at whoever opposed her voice. On the other hand, she was humored by his girly appearance and chuckled when his lips pursed in disliking toward the way she was treating her servants. Slowly, the two opened up to each other, sharing each others' pain and happiness. They were the closest 'friends' you would've ever met.

That is until Hana was brought in to the Han household.

Karl hated her the moment she walked in. This plain, ugly girl was acting all depressed about some accident in the US. What was worse was that Luhan believed her. He actually cared about how she was feeling.
 
Every day, instead of talking to her, he was fussing over his younger cousin, worrying over every small problem. A dreadful feeling grew as each day passed. It increased when she saw them cuddling in front of the TV. She wanted to grab this little girl by the neck and strangle her. 

When Hana entered middle school, Karl finally had enough. She didn't care that the younger girl was coming home with bruises and cuts from haters targeting those close to their idol. She didn't budge when Hana's leg twisted when she was 'accidentally' pushed down the stairs.

In fact, she loved it. That girl deserved it. 

Soon, the future trainee became an actual rookie at SM and was sent off. Karl followed him. She decided to move near the dorms to accompany her beloved partner. 
She was dedicated and faithful, unlike the one who left the moment Luhan boarded the train.

It has been 3 years since his debut. She left for a 5 month trip to Italy in order to broaden her European roots.

But she was back. That was all that matters.

Luhan grabbed the suitcase from her hand and began to lead her to the taxi he had called. "That reminds me. Hana came back 4 days ago. I'm sure you would get along."
Karl stopped abruptly. "What do you mean..that kid returned? After all these years?"
He nodded, opening the trunk and slipping in her luggage. "You two have a lot of catching up to do."
Entering the cab, she sat there, awestruck and dark. 

That bastard dared to come back.

Letting that sink in, she closed her eyes, sinking into the seat. 
This is beginning to be interesting.

-----------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

'ello!

I hope you enjoy this short/medium length update! Thanks for all the support!

Cactus