The Reasons I Live

Don't Leave

Hana's head was slumped over her desk, her chest rising and falling. 
Papers were scattered underneath her disheveled, dark hair, and the morning light shone through the window, giving her a temporary halo.
The edges of her lips were lifted, giving her a slight smile, and her cheeks were a slight pink.

This is what Luhan saw as he peered into the study.
She had stayed up all night, calling lawsuits to sue the perpetrator. He was kept awake by the constant rings of the phone, accompanied by the familiar, "Hello? Yes, this is Hana speaking." While he was tossing and turning on his mattress, she was making herself coffee to sustain the caffeine needed to keep her awake.

Luhan chuckled softly, shaking his head. She was certainly a special one.

"Dongsaengie~!" she was awoken by the source of her problems. 
Rubbing her eyes tiredly, she yawned and stretched. Her arm almost missed a freshly-brewed cup set on the table.
She smiled. He's a keeper alright.

"Coming, oppa!" she called, wrapping her hands around the act of kindness. Taking a sip of his signature brew, she pulled on her shawl and marched downstairs, witnessing Luhan burn his seventh plate of eggs. She rushed over, taking the pan with her free hand.

"Hana-ssi...I was cooking for you!" he complained, trying to reach for the stolen item.

She raised it in the air, just beyond his reach. "Stop wasting food!" She smacked his arm with her spatula, making him jerk away his hand. 

"Ow..." he voiced, rubbing the slightly red area to lessen the pain. "I just wanted to help. You worked so tired last night."

She placed the dish back on the stove, cracking a pair of eggs while ignoring his complaints.

He stared at her dejectedly. "Thank you."

She didn't look up.

"Thank you for always being there for me," he repeated.

She kept her head down, throwing the egg shells into the bin.

He continued. "You've been through so much yet you're always here. I...I couldn't thank you enough."

She coughed. A silence came between them, only interruppted by the occasional sizzle of the oil.

He wiped his eyes and headed upstairs.
She turned off the stove and slumped onto the floor. 
The sniffles came quietly; the tears flowed swiftly.

She cried for the first time since the accident.

It didn't happen on purpose yet it all seemed planned.

She laughed when she heard the news. They were playing the blame game.

The plane malfunctioning was the mechanic's fault; the pilot was out in the toilet.

It was never just one person's fault; other people were always involved.

Luhan's uncle and aunt had passed on that flight. Hana's mother died on impact, eight months pregant with their first son, their second child. Her father died in the asylum, blaming himself for his wife's death. Hana herself was different. She protected Luhan with all her heart, bringing him through tough times and delivering him from harm.

When he was bullied in highschool, she was the one who recieved the physical abuse. 
The constant bruises and scratches were merely child's play compared to the eternal wound in her soul.

It took away from the real pain.

When he left to train, she got over her phobia and went to the United States.
She felt safe there, away from all the toil and fears she had in Korea.
She knew she had to return one day, but she didn't care.

 

The longer she was away, the more peaceful she felt.
 

 

Her whimperings finally stopped.
Picking herself off the floor, she dished out two servings of the eggs.
Hana took hold of one plate and walked up the stairs.

She knocked on his door and placed the plate on the floor.

He opened it moments later, grabbing the slip she left near the food.

'Sorry. Thank you.' 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guise :D This week was really busy for me, so I couldn't update daily. I hope this can make up for it...maybe..

If there is anything you guise want or needed, PM me or comment! It really means a lot!

 

Yours Truly,

Cactus AKA Prickle-tan