And So It Begins

Don't Leave

**Warning: Language**

Kai pulled into a convience store, laying his head on the steering wheel as the car jerked to a stop.
The plastic container was thrown onto the passenger's seat; the clatter of metal chopsticks hitting against plastic was deafened by the sound of a roaring car parking next to him. Glancing out the window, he notices a familiar face.
"Hi Kai, you bastard. Why in the world are you here right now," Hana mumbled, pulling her hoodie to hide her swollen eyes. 
Raising an eyebrow, he steps out of his vehicle and peers into her window. "Lookie here, it's the infamous Kang Hana. What's up with you?"
She drags the hood down lower. "Nothing, you creep. Step aside before I hit you."
Opening it slightly, it jolts shut as Kai kicks the door. Growling, he leans forward; his breath fogging up the glass. "You're not leaving until you tell me why you look like a panda who had a horrible allergic reaction. Now, speak up."
She pushes harder. His foot doesn't budge.
Finally she stops, arms crossed in stubborn defeat. "I'll talk, I'll talk," she sighs. "Luhan's being a narrow-minded child, and I'm sick and tired. Now, can I please go buy my brew?" 
The corners of his mouth lift up. "You just noticed?" She rolls her eyes.
Opening the door, he whips out his wallet and smiles wider. "Looks like today's your lucky day. Tell all that you sat with the world-famous Kim Jongin; the drink's on me, kiddo."

She cracks open her 9th can.
He stares at her, amused, as he sips on his first.
"Goddamnit, I hate her. Her and her little y crew," she yelled, face flushed. "I was flung down the stairs, trash was stuffed in my lockers, all that nasty junk. I thought she was gone. I had enough of her , alright, and here she comes strutting her ty stilletos back into my life."
He nodded his head, taken aback yet humored by her vulgar language.
Pointing a shaky finger at Kai, Hana stares dizzily at her partner. "You feel me right? You saw that nasty as she disrespected me. In my house. In my ing house." 
The can dropped to the floor; her head settled into his lap. Murmuring, she wraps her arms around his waist. 
He pokes at her face, careful not to spill any drool on his dresspants.
Chuckling, he lifts her by the arm and carries her to his car, locking her own in the process. 
The seatbelt locks her in the back, putting her in a less-than-comfortable position.
He peers behind, taking in her sleeping face, before pulling out of the lot and driving her home, awaiting the time to retell this precious story.

She awakes on the floor of her room; head dizzy, Hana pushes herself up, scratching her unruly hair.
Anticipating the sight of her cousin, the events from yesterday played back like a broken record.
The knot in her stomach tightened; her fists clenched reflexively.
A phone vibrated next to her, and out popped in large black letters, "Your Life Savior - Kim Jongin".
Smirking, she picked up the call. "Hello, Hana speaking."

----------

 

Author's Note:

 

the love story has begun.

xoxo,

cactus