Have We Met?

Don't Leave

He smiled slightly, twisting the cord with a finger. "Hey, you picked up."
Rolling her eyes, Hana shrugged and twisted into a blanket cocoon. "And I'm regretting my decision."
He laughed before covering his mouth quickly. "Just don't hang up, okay? I helped you yesterday and now I'm wondering whether I should have."
She in her breath, puckering her lips. "Whatever. Do you have time? I want to thank you for your kind efforts."
He bit his lower lip, holding in a chuckle.  "Your sarcasm is much appreciated. I'm a busy person; why do you I have time?"
"Oh, that's right. Forget about it," she muttered. "I'll call you later. Don't want to disturb a busy person, you know."
He jumped. "Wait! Sure, sure. I'll make time. Where and when?"
The corners of her lips turned. "The Mozart Cafe. In 2 hours."
They hung up with mutual greetings yet a feeling pulled on Kai's heartstrings.
"It's a date," he murmured. The words fumbled in his mouth. He repeated them slowly until they smoothly tumbled from his tongue, feeding a gnawing sensation sprouting in his mind.
Shaking his head, he hammered his head with his fist. "Get it together, Kim Jongin," he growled. "She's just another girl, nothing special. She probably doesn't think that way and you shouldn't either, you idiot." And of course, his heart wouldn't stop fluttering.

Opening the door, he stepped inside as the smell of fresh coffee flooded his senses. He looked around, wondering if she stood him up. 

Yet there she was. 

She waved him over, a cup of hot chocolate in her hands. Smirking, he sat down noisily, the chair banging against the table legs. 
"You're two minutes late," she scowled, pointing at the clock.
Chuckling at her sense of time, he rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Did you miss me?" He leaned forward, resting his head on his hand.
"Hell no," she flicked his forehead, him reeling back in pain. Holding his brow, he frowned and stuck out his tongue. "Idiot."

Karl walked in, the distant sound of a bell welcomed her. She scanned the room, eyes narrowing as she saw Hana fooling around with some..man.
Walking up to her, she pointed at Kai. "Looks who got a new playmate while Luhan is feeling depressed. Don't you have a heart, Hana? Have some guilt or self-pride will you." She accused.
Hana clenched her jaw, slamming her palm onto the table. "Listen here. I've been holding it in for 14 years, and goddamnit. I've had enough. Get your silly out of here or I'm going to make it." She pointed at the door, finger shaking as her face turned red. "If I ever see your face or hear you talk about Luhan, I will sue you for harrassment."
Karl stepped back in surprised, unaccustomed to being yelled at. "Freak..no wonder Luhan wanted to leave you," she shouted back. "He never wanted to be with you in the first place. Stop keeping him wrapped around your finger; you use and abuse and then throw him away. Thanks for the threat; I'll keep that in mind when Luhan disowns you." She glared at Hana before storming out of the building.
Knees buckling, Hana fell down as tears began to drip down her cheeks. Kai was stunned by the outburst; it started and ended so abruptly. He slowly recovered, scooting down to sit by her. Leaning her head on his shoulder, he her head. "It's going to be okay..it's going to be okay." he repeated, feeling her breaths grow steady. Closing her eyes, she spoke after a long silence.

"I know."
But I just declared war.