06

Bermuda Triangle
The rest of the car was ride to the school was excruciatingly silent; the air was dead cold. He didn't offer me to select a radio station to ease some of the tension between us, but it seemed as if he was enjoying this discomfort. In my eyes, it was awkward and another reason to pop my earbuds in, the other because I would've enjoyed a short nap to replenish my energy, last night was a nightmare of tossing and turning. But his constant and sudden action of slamming on the breaks woke me almost immediately, this was all a game to him. He was just pissed off that he had to share a section of his luxurious house, had to glance at me every day for the rest of his life, and have a burden of driving me to his school. What was the point of staying in his dwelling, his territory if I was unwanted? To complete this school, to create some type of achievement out of my life so I could impress my parents and direct their attention to avert from arguing for once. 
"We're here, I'll walk you to the office-"
"No," I curtly interjected. "I don't want to be seen with you. Just hang out with your people." It was to spare some mercy on his reputation, so he wouldn't be plummeted to his demise from utter embarrassment of being near my presence. Maybe that was just how I felt on the situation, but maybe he secretly sighed a relief. 
"Thanks for the ride, see you-" 
"Babe!" A shrilled voice exclaimed from behind the convertable. "I haven't seen you since-" I didn't stay any longer to listen in on the rest of their conversation, simply because it was none of my business and I just wanted this day to kick in. Something good was bound to happen. 
I shoved my backpack on both of my shoulders while clutching onto the straps, huddling myself together and compacted so I wouldn't be a bother to others. Several heads turned towards my direction but the hypnotizing beat of music had me disregarding their eyes. They were just shocked to witness another girl exit from a complete jock's expensive sport's car and not his own girlfriend, that was sure to start rumors and that was the rearmost thing I needed at the moment. Top priority was to head to the building ahead where the front office was located; so I could get my schedule and just set a beginning marker of this day. First day and impressions were everything.