25

Bermuda Triangle
Hyunwoo opened the passenger door for me, like any gentleman would, and closed it after once I stepped out. He had driven the both of us to the mall, to purchase an attire for me that I didn't even desire in the first place; I technically had no other choice than to go along with his plea. The bond between us was flourishing, or healing to say the least, after all of the confusion being lifted away. I adored this side of him, talkative, cheeky, giggly, he was his true self which I couldn't appreciate and love him more for- I probably fell harder for him now. 
"How about that store?" He pointed at retail store, just by a quick glance, anything in that department was probably worth more than my parent's house. "Look at that dress!" He grabbed my hand without my consent- not that I didn't mind, I was more astonished than anything- and dragged me behind him. 
"That color?" I uneasily questioned the bright red piece of fabric he was intrigued by. I suggested the black dress next to it, there was more clothing covering the mannequin to say the least. "I think I should wear something more conservative."  
Before he could say anything else, one of the employees came up to us, since we probably appeared like we were in dire need of one of their products. She gave us both an unauthentic grin- one that she was taught to put on for customers- and welcomed us. 
"Are you guys looking for a dress for your anniversary?" She questioned, peering down at our hands and smiling bitterly. 
I jerked my hand back to my side, I wasn't fully aware that our hands were still intertwined, and allowed Hyunwoo to explain the situation so I wouldn't choke up words and make it more unbelievable. He side-glanced at me, smirking at the fact that I was slightly humiliated before turning to the lady. 
"More like a business dinner, anything elegant that she could wear?"
She showered us with dry humor, "Well, I hope she would be wearing it," which we both only grinned as a response. "We have a larger selection at the back of the store, there are more options for colors, sizes, and occasions." She beckoned to the multiple racks of dresses hanging from the walls and floor. 
"Thank you," I said while heading to where she directed.
She didn't lie, there were more dresses than area to place our feet, to sort through each one would be torture; maybe that's why she must despise her job greatly. Hyunwoo had brought my attention to some but they weren't my style, simple styles went along way for me. It took more than a handful of minutes before I pulled a black lacy dress from one of the hundreds of clothing racks, placing it out in front of me so he could observe. His eyes lit in delight almost immediately, he was basically forcing me to try it on. 
I shuffled to the dressing room, awkwardly holding the article of clothing while arranging my stuff on the bench they provided. They probably heard the rustling of the hanger, untying shoelaces and the bottom of my sneakers, struggling into the dress. I buttoned the top and zipped it up as best as I could, hopefully it covered enough of my back to conceal my bra, and examined myself in the mirror standing in front of me. I wasn't exceedingly thin compared to Krystal, more weight tied in around my hips, s, and thighs, but I was comfortable with myself, and in this dress, it proved that. The fabric hugged my waist and flared out at the bottom, it was past my midthighs but before my knees. I ran my hands continuously over the lacy sleeves, contemplating whether I adored the look of it or whether it suited me. Once I prepped myself- a few breaths to calm my beating heart (which I wasn't aware of until now) and smoothing down the places where the dress peaked- for his reaction, I opened the door to expose myself to their eyes in which his widened. He inspected me from head to toes, not in a critical way or anything, but in something else; his mouth was open, the ends of his lips tugging into a smile while his hand covered half of his face as his other arm supported it up. 
"Is it bad?" I questioned after not hearing a response. "Does it look too-"
"Beautiful," his voice cracked in which he coughed to clear his throat. "You look beautiful." He averted his eyes to the front of the store, avoiding mine, his cheeks were growing remotely a maroon color. 
"Change out and I'll check you guys out in the front," the lady beamed at the both of us then pivoted on her heel and strode away to the front. 
I did as she indirectly commanded, shimmying into my thrown clothes on the bench and shoes, briefly accustoming myself to my old clothes. As I stepped out, Hyunwoo greeted me with his buzzing eyes, he was already walking towards the entrance. I shot him a puzzled look when I caught up, basically questioning whether we were going to purchase this dress but he only shuck his head and rose the bag to imply that he already bought it. I waited until we stepped foot back into the main walkway and out of the store to be stern with him. 
"I'm thankful, I really am, not only for this dress but for you not kicking me out yet and making sure I get fed. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice thing of you to buy this for me but I'm perfectly capable of paying for my own-"
"Are you now?" He smirked as he halted in the middle of the walkway, a hand on his hip. "And why should I take that into consideration? I promised to get you stuff for tonight, I'm only doing what I said." 
"But I didn't ask for this." I huffed, blowing out air from my filled cheeks. 
"I know," he grinned, realizing that I was defeated and he was the victory in this battle. 
We began to walk again, on the search for a shoe store, making small jokes, light bickering, and pushing each other around. The question of why I was even going was brought but he simply shrugged it off and just reasoned that he desired a change in events; the same repeating faces were gradually killing of boredom. Where would I even sit: next to Krystal where I already acknowledge the possibility of there being something terrible happening to me again, his parents where I have to generate something along the lines of small talk, or the negotiators that I have no idea who they were. 
"There," I directed us both to shoe palace. "I think I have an idea of what I want to wear." 
Hyunwoo followed me in, making sure to open and hold the door so I can go in first. 
I told him I wanted something basic, just plain heels that wouldn't draw too much attention. I should've known that he was going to select shoes that were too tall or extremely sparkly, exactly what I didn't want. I wasn't complaining because that would not even be the rearmost thing I would do, but it just didn't suit me. 
"I like these ones," I held up a pair of , lace heels. "I think these are subtle." 
"I think they would look great," he said with a wide smile. A smile that pushed up his cheeks to his eyes, an eye-smile that I wish I could physically capture and place in a glass bottle to retain forever. He should be elated more often, it suited him. 
I had tried them on before purchasing, they didn't seem too uncomfortable but I only had them on for five minutes. Our cashier glanced up at the both of us ever so often while removing the tags and such, grinning as something in his eyes traced to longing or yearning. He placed them back into their box, took Hyunwoo's card, and entered keys into his computer. 
"Oh, we're not-" I attempted to mutter since he must've concluded that we were a couple.
Hyunwoo draped an arm around my shoulder so suddenly, tying me close to his body, also shocking me. "Don't worry." He stated with reassurance to the cashier, as if time was the only boundary to discover who his companion would be.
"Have a nice day, you two," he carefully handed me the bag but Hyunwoo grabbed before I could. We both thanked him as we left the store. 
"He totally thought we were dating!" I exclaimed as we both we far enough so the guy couldn't hear us. 
"I mean," he grabbed onto my wrist to drag my hand to his fingers. "Is that such a bad thing?" He threw one of his famous smirks at me again, making my heart jump into my throat. 
"Oh, uh, it's-"
He repeated the noises that were emitting from my mouth before he grinned and began tugging me after him. We headed home.