10

Bermuda Triangle
The bell rang after a painful twenty minutes ticked by with the teacher's monotone voice, dismissing us to third period. Just one more until lunch, I was starving and the fact that I was rushed and skipped breakfast didn't aid my rumbling stomach. 
"Sorry," Hanuel caught up to me. He bravely linked his arm with mine, but instead of a regular person that would pull away in disgust, his easygoing attitude changed my thoughts. 
"For what?" 
"Getting you in trouble. Let me make it up to you." Repeatedly, he tugged on the sleeve of my shirt, pleading with puppy eyes. It was difficult to not cave in, he had promised to take me out for ice cream. Now this was my type of guy. 
"Fine, but only because you're my new friend." 
After that, he guided me to my third period wearing a goofy smile that radiated off to me. Calculus, we meet again. Every night, every day of the damn week, I would complete endless worksheets of you just so the teacher can state that it wasn't for a grade, every time. Every time I fall for your taunting and just scribble formulas and answers, for nothing. 
"Class, settle down. We have a new student," the teacher slung an arm around my shoulder with a small grin. She introduced me with such amazement, even stating where my previous school was; the most horrible mistake that she could've said. 
"Oh, she's from that dirt-poor district?" One girl pointed out and the class roared with laughter. When I focused on her, it was the same spoiled brat that Chaerin and I bumped into earlier. 
"Now, now," the girl beside her began. "She might pull a knife on us!" They were all mocking me, these students, these immature children that had everything fed to them on a golden platter and had their asses only on the finest piece of furniture. My comeback was going to be held more aggression, I decided for the best of my circumstances and answered with a simple, "You're right." 
Immediately, the teacher directed me to my new seat in the front of the class, where the quiet learners tended to be. I sat beside one of them, nodding their head as a greeting but at least it was more humane. The teacher was rambling about formulas as she pulled up a powerpoint on the new material we were going to review today. My hand was jotting down notes, the entire period nothing but just pencils screeching against the desk. Back in my dirt-poor district, as one we reviewed and inquired and the teachers actually had sympathy towards us. But here, all the fighting and bickering was to witness who was on the top three of our class; just ruthless arguments based off of nothing, everyone was stripped of their civil manners. 
I reported to my final class before lunch, with Chaerin catching up to me down the hall. She had been concerned over me, if the students were being unnecessary and I wasn't going to lie. I informed her on the girl from before, her fists clenched in pure hatred, but I didn't blame her. She was flat out dead. No emotions, no sympathy nor mercy, just the ways of utter evil churning in her system, I didn't expect any more or less. 
"See you at lunch," Chaerin waved. I smiled, waving back as she jogged down the stairs to the first floor. She had to attend a faculty and staff meeting concerning some troubling topics and such. I didn't mind, this was she worked for, ensuring safety amongst the hallways and I didn't doubt that something about that girl would slip. 
AP Government was rather amiable, a warm feeling surrounding me. The students, or the majority were very welcoming and cheered as I walked in, claiming they needed a change anyways. I didn't mind being the center of attention in this class, they were just kind and worrying, checking up if I needed a piece of paper or pen to write with. Maybe they were just being generous and thoughtful to make my first day something positive to remember.