13

Bermuda Triangle

Play, Listen & Read

 

We finished in about ten minutes, all while chatting away some memories of ours to share. Arriving on campus, there was three minutes until the bell. Hanuel parked the vehicle in the same spot where it originally was, once again opening the door for me. 
"Thank you for the ice cream," I shyly muttered as my shaken hands picked at the ends of my skirt. 
"Well, you did insist paying on half so thank you. And thank you for being my company." He beamed down at me, my arm. Heat devoured everywhere he touched, warmth submerged me with his scent. I shook my head to rid of the crowding nonsense. 
"I have to go now, I'll see you around?" I pulled out my schedule and school map to search for my next class; near the entrance, AP Drawing. 
"Do you want me to take you to your next class?"
"I think I got it, thanks though." I waved and smiled behind me as I strode toward school gates. On either side of the walkway there were bushes of blooming flowers that I didn't realize before. Maybe it was the season for them to sprout. 
I sighed, not of stress, but of pure joy. He was so thoughtful and open unlike all of the other students that attended this school, same thing with Chaerin but she was a worker. I was thankful already for this school year, if I just had them I think I could survive. 
"Hey girly," I turned to my right to the voice owned by a student. "How would you like to get rid of that skirt?" 
"I wouldn't really like that, I have at least some class," I rolled my eyes at these teens that were a sack of raging hormones. "But thanks for the offer." My sarcasm could burn acid if it wanted. 
"I thought girls that come from her school would be willing to hop right on top," he commented to the guy on his right. I didn't get good enough glimpse to decipher if they were attractive or not before I swung my fist. They were barking up the wrong tree. I halted my clenched fist just before striking him, allowing him to squirm in his place. 
"Next time, you two will meet," I whispered in his ear. It might've sound threatening and might've not, I didn't care enough. 
"Hey!" Someone drew my hand back, dragging me away from the group of boys. I was rugged and pushed into a bathroom by two rough hands. I whipped around to scream what was the big deal but sealed my lips faster than I have ever had. 
"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Hyunwoo exclaimed, his hands raised then running over his face. "Are you trying to get yourself suspended? I was almost done with you when you bumped into Krystal earlier." His teeth ground against each other, if he clenched any more I could've sworn they would shatter. 
"Why because she just smooches you? And for second thought, why do you even care about what I do or not? It's none of your business and it will never be. I told you to just go your way so stopping bumping into mine." I dashed out of the stalls until he grasped my wrist, luring me back in to this hell hole. He pushed me against the tiled wall, not giving a thought if it hurt. If I wasn't already flamed with those kids, then I'm enraged now. I could tell my nostrils flaring, my muscles tensing, my blood boiling to thousands of degrees hotter than the sun. 
"Don't say I didn't warn you, but Hanuel is bad news. He sleeps with a different girl every other day."
"He's my friend, not yours. Don't let rumors decipher what people think he does and what really happens. Why do you even care? Just go back to your lovesick puppy and your wealthy friends. Leave me alone." I snapped my wrist out of his tightened grip, swerving around him to attend class. 
The bell rung a few seconds later and it was a good thing my class was right outside. Drawing could aid containing the steam in for awhile.