23

Bermuda Triangle
A few moments passed as I only breathed, for the words I had prepared vacated when I was about to put them to use. And I found them deeply hidden in the pocket of my mind before he began to speak himself. Our words mashed into each other's in which I lowered my head in slight humiliation, he then gave me full access to say what I wanted when he realized I was going to utter something. 
"I don't like Haneul, not like that anyways. We're only friends even though he asked me out a few times, I didn't go because I liked him, I went because we're friends. I know he has some interest in me," I peered to Hyunwoo's eyes to see if he was paying attention, his furrowed brows caught me off guard and caused my heart to skip a few beats. "But I don't like him in any way. He is just a good friend that I talk to." 
I only talked to him because I couldn't talk to you, I thought you hated me because I ruined your family. 
"I know." 
That also made my heart skip beats once again, probably for the thousandth time this evening. He acknowledged the fact I wasn't interested in Haneul, that was a mystery to me. 
"The way you look at him is the same way you look at Chaerin, in a friendly-looking way." 
I hesitated, halting my words from spilling out and checking them over as they stood in a single-filed line before exiting my mouth. As I paused my body slanted forward to him but I straightened myself with the assistance of my hand that was still at his wrist. "Thank you." 
His eyes- once they were done with inspecting over my body to make sure I was alright- raced to mine as his eyebrows rose momentarily in manner that meant something like huh or explain
"Thank you for explaining yourself and clearing things up. I know it wasn't easy for you to do that, I mean since you saw me crying. I'm also sorry for that." I reclaimed my hand, bringing it back home to my side because it seemed like it lingered too far for too long. "I don't really cry that much but recently I have been and it probably bothered you when you were trying to sleep at night. I don't have that much time to myself so I bottle everything up until I get home." 
"It didn't bother me in a pestering way as you were implying, it was more of a way that broke my heart. I know you have a lot of things to be sad about, especially your family, but I just wanted to go in your room and cradle you to sleep but I couldn't do that because our situation wasn't cleared up. Your cries sounded so desperate and hopeless that it broke my me more than you think it would." 
My heart was going through too much at this moment, ups and downs, dips and dives, but it wasn't being destroyed so I shouldn't be complaining at all. The wounds and gashes he had created in my heart were healed with his words and heart-felt actions, his warmth and touch. It was okay, everything was going to be okay, alright, perfect and I was ecstatic about our new beginning yet feeling a bit guilty about Krystal; she had every right to be with Hyunwoo as I did. 
"I have a question," I coughed to clear my throat of the cotton balls that were shoved down it. "When I was in the car yesterday, you seemed so cold to her. You only answered her in short responses and spoke to her only when she asked something. I mean, when she mentioned me you babbled like a baby but I know the reason of that." 
Because you love me and I love you. Because we were head over heels for each other and dazed, daydreamed about each other. 
"But we're you always like that with her?" 
He his reluctant response had my brain whipping up a storm of thoughts that contained if's and but's and other factors that could deny anything that he was going to utter. He answered with a shake of his head, and said something low under his breath. "It wasn't as bad before I met you." He met my eyes, reassuring me that it wasn't me who made his interest waver but himself; he never loved her to start with. If it was me that made his heart beat- while he was still in a relationship- the same could happen if another girl passes by, and he suddenly views me dull.
"I was forced to be with her, through both of our parents but I knew I wasn't happy. Of course I didn't tell her anything, that would've ruined everything and my parents would've shunned me." 
Hearing this up close and personal created the cracks in my heart even more damaging, my heart hurt for the loss of sympathy from his parents. 
With that, he bid a sweet goodnight filled with a new affection reflecting off his earthy orbs and placed a subtle, warm kiss on my forehead so abrupt that I knew that he must've been building up his courage to. He appeared to be so innocent but yet I shouldn't be the one to decipher factor so simply. I had wished him a deep slumber consisting of dreams contained only with positivity and happiness. We both went to bed, knowing that we will now sleep soundly and wake up well-rested, and closed our eyes into an abyss of wonder.