01

Bermuda Triangle
"We don't have enough money for them!" My father screamed, disregarding the fact that I wasn't suppose to acknowledge anything of their conversation. 
"If we can't pay them then we have to sell the house," my mother stated rather tranquil compared to my father. 
They were at it again, bickering about the bills that the landlord was demanding and the taxes that the city are charging. I knew deep down that no matter how affectionate and great my parents were, there was nothing that can save us. My father's business was plummeting through the ground while my mother's income was not efficient enough. Not to mention I was failing Chemistry because either my teacher repeatedly lost my turned-in assignments or she couldn't grade. Talk about a rough day I was having. 
"What about your boss? Have you asked for a raise?" 
"He's in the states to visit his ill family member," my mother heaved a sigh. "Unless he comes tonight, I can't do anything." 
The sound of glass breaking screeched inside my ears and silenced my mother. I wished that my father didn't have such a rotten temper, it caused him more trouble than he needed at the moment. My mother didn't deserve the tormenting that she had to undergo every evening because of him. She was a beautiful, delicate lily who's stem was very sturdy but her insides were set aflame. She had a habit of keeping words hushed to herself and bottling up her emotions. Releasing them until she bursted was the worst situation I have ever encountered. 
From the mention of my name, my ears perked hungrily for information. They were discussing if I should hold a part-time job at the coffee shop down the street. The prices of the lattés were extremely expensive for an inadequate amount. If I worked there, maybe a second income of minimum wage could aid a portion of the debt we owed. Debt, the word that lingered on my parent's tongues twenty-four-seven. That was the only subject of their conversation, and my grades. They warned me about slacking off, no schoolarship means no way of defending the struggle we've been through. We couldn't possibly pay for a full tuition to an acceptable college, so the only opportunity was through high school. It was the last straw my parents hoped for since the others were diminished. 
Supposedly, my father granted a loan from one of the most prosperous companies thriving in South Korea. They brought much profit in and out of the country, no matter how to put it, without that company every citizen will lack their incomes. It was a humongous chain effect. 
"They want some type of property from us," my mother informed my father. 
I couldn't bear another outbreak so I shoved my face into a nearby pillow. Tears threatened to fall but they wouldn't, something was holding me back; my conscience. It was telling me I was a weakling if I sobbed until I fell asleep, I was not a baby anymore that could simply rid of their problems by crying. 
"By tomorrow, we lose her," my mother's voice became brittle with her once concealed emotions. "It's even stated in the contract. We trusted them and didn't read the entire document." 
"I'm not losing her no matter what!" My father bellowed. 
My eyes grew heavy, entrapping me in the darkness.