Please Don't

No Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong In came back home late that night, coming to sit in Ha Yi's room since it was the last place he saw her. He held in his tears back at the hospital, not wanting to show anyone how depressed he was right now. 

He had been crying now, grasping onto her pillow tightly. He didn't want to believe that he saw her this mornng, now coming back into her room knowing that he wasn't going to see her face again. 

"You always said that you were sad that Appa left us," Jong In cried, tears rushing down his face, "Why didn't you think about us when you decided to leave us too?" 

He thought back to when he last saw her, remembering the last conversation they had was him telling her not to leave the house. He thought she was actually going to listen this time, but she just ended up being stubborn again. He wished that they had a better conversation than their bickering words, but then again, he had no idea that her life was going to end. 

There was a family photo at Ha Yi's nightstand, right where Jong In had put the medicine pouch he gave her in the morning. He pick it up and sighed more, staring at Ha Yi's face.

"Appa," he called, mourning through his raspy voice and tears, "Take care of Ha Yi please. Maybe she'll actually listen to you up there." He tried to catch a breath, continuing to speak to his father, "Why did both of you leave when you didn't even deserve it?" 

The next thing that caught Jong In's eye on her nightstand was a photo of Ha Yi and Minji, hugging one another, and smiling happily. He placed the family photo down on the bed and grabbed the other picture on her nightstand. 

His body began to shake as he stared down at Minji's picture angrily. He began to think back about his father's death, remembering that a group of men brutally shot him in his chest and his head. Now thinking about Ha Yi's death, he knew who had done it to her. He always promised that if he saw the group of men who shot his father, he wouldn't let them get away with living. But now that he knows Minji was the cause of Ha Yi's death, he didn't only want to see her face again... Hatred ate up his entire body.

Minji killed his little sister... Minji killed the one of the people that meant the most to him in his life. It wasn't an accident to him, he believed. He didn't believe what Minji was saying back in the hospital. All she wanted was to get pity from Taecyeon, so that he wouldn't put the blame on her. He believed that Minji knew she was sick but wanted her to come out anyway because of her selfish needs. Ha Yi tells Minji everything from chronological order, there was no way she wouldn't have said that she was deathly sick in bed. 

He continued to convince himself, forming his hands into a fist angrily and shutting his eyes, "She knew you were sick, she knew you were freaking sick. There's no way that she couldn't know." 

He grunted to himself and pushed out more tears from his eyes. He breathed heavily, shaking as pressure came through his fists. What the hell was he going to do about this?

It was difficult for Jong In and Taecyeon to hold back all of their emotions from their mother, since they tried their best to be strong. She hadn't stopped crying for three whole days since the accident, so the two of them held in quite a lot trying to get her to feel a bit better.

However, they were currently in Ha Yi's room trying to clear up everything and it really didn't help push away the pain that all of them felt. But her room had to be cleaned since she left it quite messy, with her clothes piled up, so they had to come pick it up eventually. 

Eun Hee, finally speaking up through her closed up throat, asked, "Can we keep her clothes? I really don't think I have the courage to throw it away." 

"We're not throwing away anything Omma," Jong In replied. "We're just cleaning up her room." 

Taecyeon added in, suggesting, "Maybe you shouldn't be in here Omma. Jong In and I can clear up the room ourselves." 

She shook her head to disagree, crying more, "I have to be in here. If I don't endure it now, I won't be able to move on with my life at all." 

Taecyeon pleaded, sighing in distress, "I know Omma, but -"

"Please," Eun Hee interrupted, sounding stern. "Just let me deal with the pain right now. The funeral is in just a few days, I have to take care of all the church services and her obituary documents anyway. It's not gonna go away easily." 

Jong In and Taecyeon had no idea what to say to convince her to leave the room, so they continued to go back to what they were doing in silence. As Eun Hee found their family picture on her nightstand, she began to welp quietly, gradually breaking out into tears. She fell onto the bed slowly, holding the picture frame tightly to her chest. She cried loudly, wailing, "My baby... My poor baby. Why did you have to leave me so easily? Why didn't you tell me you were going outside? Why did you do this to me?" 

As her crying excessively increased, Taecyeon went to sit by her side and rubbed her back. He consoled her the best that he could, trying not to cry along with her. He sighed loudly and said, "Omma, I really think that you should let Jong In and I handle this. We promise we aren't going to throw away anything of hers." 

It seemed like she wasn't able to hear him, continue to cry out, "I just don't understand why she had to leave that. What bad things have I ever done to lose two people that I ever loved? First your Appa, and now your little sister. I just don't understand why it had to happen to them. I really just don't understand, she was just seventeen." As she began crying more, Taecyeon continued rubbing and patting her back, doing his best to stop his tears from coming out. 

He let out a deep breath, replying, "It was an accident Omma. You didn't do anything bad and both Appa and Yi didn't pass away because they deserved it. It was all an accident, remember that." 

As Eun Hee got silent, Jong In spoke up, without moving a muscle, "Who said it was an accident?" 

"What?" Taecyeon quickly replied, questioning his statement.

Jong In sighed loudly, putting his hands on his waist, continuing, "Ha Yi's death wasn't an accident." 

"What the hell are you talking about Jong In?" Taecyeon asked, getting angry. "She got into a freaking car crash. Her car literally went into a tree, do you think someone wanted her to get in that damn accident?" 

Jong In stared at him blankly, feeling like a dead soul. He rested his arms by his sides, answering again, without flicking an inch of his face, "There was only one person who caller her to come out the night of ther death." 

Taecyeon narrowed his eyes and angrily shot back, knowing he implied hit to, "Don't even bring her into all of this, she didn't do anything." 

"Was it not her that called Ha Yi out to pick her up in the pouring rain? When she was freaking sick with a high fever in bed?"

"She didn't know Yi was sick. Yi didn't message anyone that day so we were the only ones who knew. If we told her or if she knew, she obviously wouldn't have called her out!" 

"You really believe that Hyung?" Jong In argued back, raising his voice. "Yi tells that girl everything about her daily life from morning to night. You expect me to believe that she didn't know that? Ha Yi practically caters to that girl." 

"Jong In," Taecyeon called very sternly, also glaring at him, "I know you and her aren't talking to each other, but your miscommunication with one another doesn't effect her and Yi's relationship. Ha Yi was way closer to Minji that she was with you." 

"Who knows?" Jong In asked with a shrug. "Maybe it does effect her. You probably just don't know it. Who knows what's going on through her mind?" 

"You really see Minji like that? Who the taught you how to think like that? I'm not letting you accuse a poor, innocent girl for this. She is in enough pain, I'm not letting you put her through more of your stupid ." 

"It's not what I think Hyung," Jong In replied, glaring back at him. "These are the things that I see from her. Stop thinking that she's some poor, innocent girl. That's probably what she wants you to think. That's why it all came down to this." 

"What the hell are you trying to say about her, huh?!" Taecyeon yelled, finally standing up to argue with his brother. Eun Hee finally stood up to stop them because she was getting more stress about their argument. She exclaimed, "Enough! Is it really the right time to argue about this? Your sister hates it when you argue like this so that's enough!"

"Omma!" Taecyeon exclaimed back, pointing at Jong In, "Do you see what he's saying? He's acting like Minji freaking killed Ha Yi." 

"And she didn't?" Jong In added more, breathing heavily. Taecyeon widened his eyes, shouting back, "What reason would she have to kill her, huh?! You think she wanted to get your attention this time? Because if you really think that, I'd suggest you getting a check up on your ed up brain." 

"Enough!" Eun Hee repeated, shouting very loudly for them to become silent. "I said that's enough! Taecyeon, that's enough. This isn't the time for an argument like this." As the two of them became silent, Eun Hee turned to Jong In and lectured, "I'm going to say this to you only once Jong In. You need to get the thought about Minji killing Ha Yi out of your head, because no one was ever as sweet or as kind as a person to her as much as she was. Minji would never kill a soul, so she wouldn't kill your sister. I understand you're probably stressed out right now, so you need to go cool down and clear up your thoughts a little." 

Taecyeon slightly glanced at Jong In to see his reaction, since everyone seemed to disagree with his thoughts right now. 

"Omma -," Jong In started, getting interrupted by her again. "That's enough. Go calm your brain and you can come clean up her room after. You're obviously not thinking straight right now." 

Jong In glanced between his brother and his mother, angry that they completely disagreed with him. He grunted, waving his hands at them and shook his head, "My brain isn't clogged up with any confused thoughts at all." He turned to look at Taecyeon, confirming, "It wasn't a damn accident." 

With that, Jong In stormed out of Ha Yi's room, angry and frustrated that no one else saw what she intended to do. He scratched his head, feeling like it was about to explode. He breathed heavily, sliding down to lean against the wall of the hallway. As he hugged his legs together, he tried to think heavily of what he was going to do.

He wasn't going to let Minji slide away with this.

Everyone pitied Minji right now because they thought she all felt bad about Ha Yi's death. She was probably happy at home, thinking she was going to get his attention. He brought his head up to stare at the wall, knowing that Taecyeon was going to take Minji's side about this situation. If Taecyeon wasn't going to back away from Minji, there had to be some way that she was going to back away from his brother. 

He had to make her back away from his entire family. He wasn't going to let her step foot near his family members again, knowing that she did this to Ha Yi. 

Minji was going to make his entire family brainwashed, and he was not going to let that happen.

Minji stared out the window lifelessly, hesitating to get out of the car. She stared blankly at the dark gray building, observing the romanesque architecture that it displayed. As the car was parked in front of the church building, Minji only saw Taecyeon and Eun Hee at the entrance. They were saying their greetings for people came to say their prayers to Ha Yi and probably taking in the sympathetic words about her death. 

Most of the phrases that Minji imagined were, I'm so sorry for your loss. 

She was such a young girl, she shouldn't have gone so fast.

She was such a kind person, why did it happen to her?

All those phrases got to Minji's head, making her even more depressed within herself. It was her fault that Ha Yi wasn't here at this very moment... It was her fault why Ha Yi died. 

Minji's mouth began to quaver, not wanting to face the pain and suffocation that was going to occur the moment she steps out of the car. 

"Minji," she heard her name get called, but she couldn't look away from the gray building. She caught a glimpse of Ha Yi's photograph located at the inside of the altar, with flowers surrounding the frame. Minji wanted to cry because she felt guilty about everything, but she also didn't want the entire family to hate her because of it. 

She knew she deserved to be hated by them but she couldn't bare if they wouldn't talk to her anymore. 

Kang Dae, who was sitting in the drivers' seat glanced over to look at his daughter staring out at the window, assuming that her head was blocked out from all the sounds. Her brain seemed to be ocuppied by sadness and depression the past week, which was not surprising since her and Ha Yi were best of friends that grew up together. Hyun Jae looked at her daughter, wanting to cry after her because she was in so much pain. 

"Minji," Hyun Jae called again, wanting to get her to look away from the church. Minji seemed to have her mind and ears blocked by her sadness, so Dara was the only one to hear her. Dara reached out to grab her hands, shaking her a little, "Minji." Minji finally snapped out of her train of thoughts, turning around to look at Dara, "Hmm?" 

"Omma called you two times already." 

Minji turned to look at Hyun Jae, questioning, "Yes Omma?" 

"Why don't you and Dara go inside first," she suggested, nudging her head towards the direction of the church, "Appa and I need to go park the car in the back." Minji slowly nodded her head, agreeing with her suggestion. Dara softly said, "Let's go," then opened the car door to get out. As she shut the door behind her, she quickly fixed her black sweater dress and pulled her long strap purse over her shoulders. Minji got out on the other side, fixing her black shirt dress as well. When she looked to check if her three buttons were all buttoned up, she remembered that her and Ha Yi picked it ou

She wiped her stuffy nose, trying to be strong in front of people. Dara came besides her and wrapped her arms around her shoulders, "Please stop blaming yourself for this." 

"Easy for you to say," Minji replied sadly. "You're not the one who called her out to die." 

Dara sighed loudly, only patting the back of her head and pulled her to go into the church. Taecyeon saw Minji and Dara at the dropoff area, immediately picking up his head to make sure she was alright. Minji and Dara began to approach the entrance of the church, stopping their tracks right at Eun Hee and Taecyeon. 

Minji forced a very small grin at Taecyeon, turning to Eun Hee to bow at her. Minji wanted to apologize as much as she could in a repeated order, but she wasn't sure how Eun Hee felt about the situation right now. Eun Hee began to smile at her, tears rushing down her eyes right away. Minji grabbed her hands and started, "Auntie Eun Hee, I don't know how many times to say I'm sorry. But I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for all of this to happen."

Eun Hee smiled, reassuringly answering, "Minji sweetie, it's not your fault at all. Why are you saying sorry to me?" 

"You know I -"

"Minji," Taecyeon called, interrupting her. "It's not your fault at all. It was all just an accident. An accident that made us lose her, there's no one to blame for this." 

Minji only cried, making Dara hug onto her waist even more. Minji looked down, extremely ashamed of herself and only said, "I'm just so sorry." Taecyeon smiled sincerely and patted her head, nudging his head towards the inside of the church, "Why don't you go in and say your prayers to her. Your friends are probably took their seats already. Your parents came too right?" 

"Of course they did," Minji answered with a nod. "They have to come." 

Eun Hee smiled at her, admiring her as she always did, "Go on in sweetie. Ha Yi would've been complaining by now." Minji tried to smile at her amusing comment, but she was too sad to even pull out a happy expression. Taecyeon patted her shoulders a few times and insisted, "Take it easy kiddo." Minji and Dara nodded their head, finally going inside. As she was heading to the front of the altar, Minji came across Seok Jin and Seohyun sitting towards the back of the church on the right side. 

They lightly waved at her, while Dara and Minji just smiled, continuing to go towards the front. When they continued walking, Krystal and Naeun sat towards the front of church on the left side, while Minji guessed she was probably going to sit behind Jong In and his family. Minji's stomach began to churn as she kept coming closer and closer to Ha Yi's picture and closed casket. She didn't know how she was going to feel with the body so close to her; she wanted come to the wake where the casket was open and visible, but she couldn't bare to see Ha Yi's lifeless face so close to her.

She just felt so guilty for being the cause of her death, that she didn't even want to believe that it was all so real. 

Ever since the day of the accident, she had hoped every second that she would wake up from the nightmare. However, this was worst than a nightmare... Way, way worse than a nightmare. As Minji finally reached her photograph, she abruptly stopped at her tracks when she almost bumped into Jong In who was trying to walk down the aisle. 

Jong In had just finished talking to the priest about Ha Yi's funeral service and he was going back towards the front of the church to stand with Taecyeon and Eun Hee. He was actually surprised to see Minji here, since she wasn't here for the wake. It would've been better if she didn't show up though because he couldn't exactly contain his anger towards her.

When Jong In and Minji almost bumped into each other, she lifted her head up to look at him and the two actually met eyes for once. Minji didn't want to break her contact away from him because he was the first person she wanted to get down on her knees to actually apologize to. Minji wondered what was going on through his head because they hadn't said a word to each other for two full months. She did expect him to hate her even more; she expected him to curse her, yell at her, insult her or just even gave her dirty looks. She wouldn't blame him at all if he actually did that to her. 

But she couldn't figure out what he was thinking with him staring down at her blankly like this. Sadly enough, her feelings for him never disappeared even after Jong In demanded her to leave him alone. She still wanted to see him and have a conversation with him, even if he wanted nothing to do with her. 

Although she had a hint of hope that Jong In would look at her decently again, she knew that Ha Yi's death probably changed that hope now. 

They made eye contact for another three seconds but Jong In finally decided to move away from them, since he didn't really want to see her face right now. He changed his blank stare to a different facial expression, looking more angry and annoyed at her now. Jong In fixed his suit a little, frowning more at Minji, making her sadden her eyes more. Minji was about to open to apologize to him but Jong In walked away from them, slightly brushing against her arms. Her stomach twisted after getting the cold shoulder from him, realizing this was probably the coldest that she's ever seen him. 

Minji inhaled a deep breath, with Dara only rubbing her back a few times. She sighed and said to Minji, "Don't think too much about him right now. He's not important." Minji nodded as she closed her eyes and took another deep breath, finally moving forward to give her prayers to Ha Yi. Dara and Minji linked their hands together while they stood in front of the casket and bowed to her, while Dara actually began to cry since she lost one of her best friends. Minji glanced over to see Dara sobbing silently, with tears rushing down her eyes making her become mournful again. 

She looked back at the casket, wishing she could bring Ha Yi back to life at this very moment. Through her crying and short breaths, she confessed, "I know this was my fault Yi... But I want you to know that I loved you more than anything. You were my best friend and my sister, I wouldn't have been able to get through my childhood life without you. I don't know what I'm going to do without you now." Minji cried even more, tears rushing down to as she concluded, "I miss you so much." 

Dara went closer to touch the casket and wiped her tears off from her face, sliding her hands a few times, "Rest well baby girl. We'll meet again for sure. I love you so much." Dara took her hands off the casket and let out a deep breath, controlling her tears. Minji tried to control her breakdown, standing still and linking her hands together. Dara grabbed Minji's arm to signal her to go sit down, so Minji sighed loudly and nodded her head. 

The two of them walked back to where Seok Jin and Seohyun were sitting, waiting for Hyun Jae and Kang Dae to come in so they knew where they were going to sit. As Minji sat right next to Seok Jin, he immediately grabbed onto her hands and asked, "How are you doing?" 

"If you want to be honest," Minji replied, looking at the painted ceilings. "I'm doing pretty terrible." 

Seok Jin patted her hands that were rested on her legs a few times, giving her words of sympathy, "Hang in there Min. It'll get better in time. Ha Yi wouldn't want you to be this sad for the rest of your life." She forced a grin upon her face and looked at him, nodding her head, "Thanks Jin. Thanks for always being here for me."

"What are friends for?" He replied with a sincere smile.

Minji then looked at Dara and smiled at her, resting her head against her shoulders and cried, "Thank you for everything. I'm sorry if I ever do anything wrong." Dara rubbed her head a few times and replied, "Girl, I'm always your friend. Nothing can change that. No one's perfect, but please stop blaming yourself for this. Jin's right, Ha Yi wouldn't want you to be this sad for the rest of your life. It'll be okay in the end girl. She loves you and she knows that you love her to death." 

"Minji, Dara," Minji and Dara heard as she lifted her head off from Dara's shoulders. She looked up to see Taecyeon standing at the edge of the aisle, looking at them. "Why are you guys sitting all the way back here? Come up to the front to sit with us."

"Up front?" Minji asked, reassuring herself. "The row behind you?" 

Taecyeon shook his head and answered, "Just come sit with Omma, Jong In and I. You're a part of the family anyways, you and Dara should sit with us. Seohyun, Jin... Come sit with us too." 

Seok Jin spoke up, shaking his head, "It's fine Taecyeon Hyung, Seohyun and I can stay here. Thank you so much though, we don't want to interrupt your family too much." Taecyeon shook his head as well, waving his hand and reassured, "You guys are no bother at all. Come sit behind us, you shouldn't be so far away from Ha Yi. You guys were her good friends too." 

The four friends turned to look at each other and nodded their head, then Taecyeon slid away to let them move their seats. As all four of them began to move their seats up front, Jong In, who was at the entrance, turned to look at Minji angrily. 

Jong In sighed to himself frustrated, forming a fists with his hands behind his back. He breathed heavily and thought to himself, I'm sorry Yi, but I can't let someone who killed you think she's going to get away with it easily.

An hour and a half after the funeral ended, everyone stood up to bow to conclude the service, then the priest took his bible and walked away from everyone. Minji and Dara sat in the right in the first row, with Hyun Jae and Kang Dae sitting right beside her. Minji glanced behind her to see everyone slowly walking out of the church, quite shocked to understand that this was really the end of it.

By the time the burial service is over by tomorrow morning, Ha Yi will officially be gone. 

Minji heard her mother talking to Eun Hee, saying, "You should really get some rest Eun Hee. You look like you haven't gotten sleep for days." Eun Hee smiled and grabbed her wrists, replying, "I will, I will. I'll go back home tonight to rest for the burial tomorrow. You're coming tomorrow morning right?" 

Hyun Jae patted her hands and answered, "Of course I'll be here. I'll come to the church early in the morning to help you prepare everything." 

"You should go home and rest too," Eun Hee suggested, patting her shoulders. "I'm sure you had a long day at work before you came by the funeral. Go ahead, we will be alright Hyun Jae, I can promise you that." 

"If anything, please call me," Hyun Jae promised. "You know that we're always here for you." As Eun Hee nodded at her, Hyun Jae signaled Minji and Dara, with them all getting up. All of a sudden, Jong In, who was sitting towards the edge of the front row the entire time, walked passed Minji again without looking at her direction at all. Minji turned to look at him, seeing him walk out of the church, not saying a word to anyone. 

He didn't even say a word to Krystal and Naeun as he walked passed them. Minji noticed that Krystal looked quite annoyed, guessing that Jong In probably was not paying attention to her at all. Minji didn't particularly wanted to go home yet, because she wanted to stay with Ha Yi as long as she could. She wanted to do every possible way to make it up to the rest of the family that she hurt, even if they looked at her differently now.

"Are you ready to go sweetie?" Hyun Jae asked, looking at Dara and Minji. Dara nodded her head but Minji stood there staying still, looking at her mother, "Omma." 

"Yes honey?" 

"Do you mind if I stay here?" 

"Why?" Hyun Jae questioned, widening her eyes a little bit. Minji scratched her head a little and replied, "I wanna help clear everything up. Maybe they need help preparing for setting up tomorrow, so I wanna help Auntie Eun Hee and Taecyeon Oppa as much as I can. It's the least I can do for them." At first, Hyun Jae thought about her staying alone at the church but then again, she was with Eun Hee, so she shouldn't be worrying about anything. Also, maybe it would help Minji feel better since she has been depressed about Ha Yi for the past week. 

Hyun Jae finally nodded her head and answered, "Okay, that's fine by me then. I'll see you at home then?" 

Minji nodded her head to agree, feeling relieved that her mother let her stay. She turned to look at Dara and requested, "You should go home, you're pretty tired." 

Dara nodded her head and asked, "Are you sure you'll be okay?" 

"I have to be okay," Minji confided in herself, sighing loudly. "It's the best I can do for her one last time." 

"I'll see you tomorrow then, okay?" Dara confirmed, patting her head a few times. Hyun Jae smiled at Dara and asked, "You need me to drop you off at the condo Dara?" 

"Yes please, Omma," Dara replied with a sweet smile. Hyun Jae nodded her head and answered, "Alright, let's go then." Hyun Jae, Kang Dae and Dara turned to leave the church, while Dara only waved at Minji. Before Hyun Jae left, she asked Eun Hee, "Do you mind bringing her with you in your car?" 

"Of course not," Eun Hee replied, looking at Minji. "I have to thank her for doing all of this for us." Minji forced a smile and wondered why they were so good to her. It made her feel even more guilty to know that they were so forgiving, making her feel like she had to make it up to them for the rest of her like. Well most likely for Taecyeon and Eun Hee, she didn't know if Jong In could even look at her face anymore. 

"I'll see you at home then sweetie," Hyun Jae concluded, walking passed her and tapping her shoulders. Kang Dae concluded his words with Eun Hee and did the same, rubbing Minji on the head a few times. Dara followed them, waving at Minji, "I'll see you tomorrow morning at your house girl." 

Minji nodded and requested, "Call me when you get to your room." 

"Will do captain," Dara said with a salute. She turned to look at Eun Hee again and waved her hands, "Bye Auntie Eun Hee, see you tomorrow." Eun Hee waved at her and then began to walk out of the church, following Minji's parents. As everyone started to leave, Minji went closer to Eun Hee and asked, "Do you want me to help out with anything particular?" 

She smiled and answered, "Let's wait until the church is all cleared up first, then I'll let you know sweetie. Thank you for staying with us, it means a lot." Minji smiled at her as Eun Hee continued to say, "I'll be right back. Stay with Taecyeon for a little, I just want to go talk to the priest about tomorrow morning." 

Eun Hee walked away from them, leaving Taecyeon and Minji waiting around for everyone else to leave the church. Taecyeon tapped her head a few times and started, "What's up kiddo?" 

Minji smiled, admiring the care that he still had for her despite him going through a rough time.

From a far distance, Jong In and Krystal were standing by the door, thanking everyone who had came to the service. Pausing himself, Jong In saw Minji and Taecyeon talking to each other at the front of the altar, narrowing his eyes and surprised that she was still here. 

He saw Hyun Jae, Kang Dae and Dara leave the church already, so he didn't expect Minji to still be here.

He shook his head, sighing, why the hell are you trying to do Gong Minji? 

By ten o'clock at night, when everything was done and cleared up, only Minji, Taecyeon and Eun Hee were the only ones left in the church. They had already clean up and prepared everything for tomorrow morning, but Eun Hee was finalizing paper documents before they left the church. 

Minji sighed loudly and said to Taecyeon again, "I'm sorry... For like the ten thousandth time." 

"Minji, stop saying sorry."

"I really can't stop Oppa," she sighed, shaking her head. "I just want you to know that I really didn't mean for all of this to happen. I just don't feel like I deserve the kindness that you and Auntie Eun Hee are giving to me after all of this." 

"You didn't do anything wrong," Taecyeon assured, grabbing onto her shoulders. He pleaded, trying to get Minji to take the blame off of herself, "Stop saying it's your fault and please stop blaming yourself. Ha Yi is not going to blame you for all of this, so stop being so hard on yourself." Minji wiped some tears off her face and replied, "I'm being hard on myself because I know it's true Oppa. No matter how many times you try to say it's not, I know in the back of my head that it is." 

Taecyeon rubbed her head a few times and sighed, “Just take it easy, alright? It’ll get better in time.”

“Shouldn’t I be saying that to you?” Minji replied sadly, staring deeply at him, “You’re the one who lost a little sister.”

“I’m not fragile like you though, Minji,” he answered, looking at her mourning eyes. Minji cried again, feeling pain and frustration towards herself. She knew they weren’t going to blame her, but she still felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter