Please Come Back

No Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alright, I edited everything and updated a preview. Comment, subscribe and upvote for me please <3 Love love. 

October 2009

"Are you thinking about places to go work at yet?" Taecyeon asked Jong In as he took the last bite of his fried rice dish. 

Taecyeon had called Jong In out to have lunch with him during his break between classes, since he also had a break from working at the hospital. They had been eating and talking about random things for the past hour, until Taecyeon got serious with the conversation of where Jong In was going to work. 

Jong In sat back, waiting for him to finish calling and replied, "I only have one place in mind if Omma doesn't want me to work with her."

"Krystal's Dad's hotel?" Taecyeon asked with a snicker. He knew Jong In had basically been under Krystal's control since they were dating, also knowing that he probably was going to work at Oakwood Hotel along with her dad, since she wanted to him to be involved with everything about her life. 

"Where else Hyung?" She already told her dad that I was going to intern and work there after graduation." 

Taecyeon snickered and replied sarcastically, "You guys make such a great couple. I can't wait until the wedding. Can I be one of the best men or is Krystal going to pick them for you too?" 

"Yah Hyung," he proclaimed, raising his voice louder. "Can we not talk about marriage right now? I haven't even graduated yet, don't put that in my head." 

"Oh, I'm not kidding," Taecyeon replied, while shaking his head. "Do you think Krystal is gonna let you go easily? You're basically her robot. You just go with whatever she says." 

"Yeah, and when she gets annoying, this robot explodes on her." 

Taecyeon slightly laughed and responded, "Honest question bro. Do you even like Krystal? I feel like you only started dating her because she was pretty."

"I don't know Hyung. That's kind of hard to answer." 

"Wow," Taecyeon answered, pushing his plate aside and widening his eyes in surprise. "You really do have no heart."

Jong In slightly glared at him but just looked away when the waitress came to take his empty plate from the table. "Did you want anything else for today?" The waitress asked, looking between Taecyeon and Jong In. They both shook their heads and replied, "No thank you." She smiled at them sweetly and began walking away to go get their check. 

"What time's your class?" Taecyeon asked, taking his wallet out. Jong In checked his watch and answered, "At three, so about twenty minutes."

"You're walking back?" Taecyeon asked, making Jong In nod his head. Taecyeon continued asking, "Are you coming back home tonight?" Before Jong In could answer the question, Taecyeon put his hands up to pause him and continue on, "Wait a second. You're the wrong person to ask. I'm better off asking Krystal, right?" 

Jong In glared at him and sarcastically said, "You got jokes now, Hyung?" 

Taecyeon chuckled as the waitress came back with the bill and he immediately began taking cash out to pay for it. He looked at the receipt quickly and put down enough cash, including a tip for the waitress. 

Jong In and Taecyeon stood up, exiting the restaurant to go back to where they came from in the morning. 

"Are you going back to the hospital?" Jong In asked, stepping outside towards the sideway of the road. Taecyeon began walking towards the intersection and answered him, "Yeah, but I have to buy some supplies before I head back to the hospital." As Jong In nodded, Taecyeon pulled out his list of supplies, stepping foot onto the busy intersection of the crossroads. Taecyeon was so stuck on reading his list, that he hadn't been able to see a car that had been speeding down the road. Jong In, seeing the car, had a sudden panic attack since it was coming on so fast and it Taecyeon wasn't looking at all.

Taecyeon was pretty much on the road as the car speeded towards him, so Jong In called, "Hyung." Before anything, Jong In roughly pulled Taecyeon back, making him tremble back towards the sidewalk again. 

Jong In, scared out of his mind, said loudly, "Hyung, be careful. You gave me a panic attack there." It really did startle him, since the driver didn't seem to look at where he was going as well. Taecyeon, being a little shaky from almost getting hit by a car, replied, "Thanks." 

Jong In grinned at him nervously, with his heart quickly racing. Taecyeon nudged him and concluded, "Let's just go." 

"Girl, did the earth stop moving or something?" Seohyun asked, handing her a can of ginger ale. Minji smiled at her, eagerly grabbed the can and asked, "What are you talking about?" 

"I've been friends with you for a semester already and I've never seen you take a sip of soda. I was morally shocked when you asked for a can of soda when I texted you what you wanted." 

Minji shrugged and popped the cap of the can up, quickly putting the drink up to and drinking it quickly. She felt a sense of relief being able to drink soda and she had strangely been craving for something bubbly and fizzy all day. It was just stranger because she hadn't drank soda before, but she couldn't stop drinking it right now.

Seohyun stared at her in confusion as Minji gulped most of the soda, finally taking it out of to sigh in relief. Minji smiled at her and replied, "I don't know, I was just really thirsty, I needed something refreshing." 

Minji did remember Doctor Lee saying that early pregnancy makes women crave for certain products; mostly soda, ice cream, chocolate, fruits and chips. Out of all of those, Minji did not enjoy drinking soda so she knew the pregnancy was making her crave it. 

Seohyun continued looking at her with a raised eyebrow, making Minji ask, "What are you looking at girl?" 

"Are you okay Minji?" Seohyun asked seriously, looking at her with high concern. 

Minji stopped a little and replied nervously, "I'm fine." 

"I hate to bring it up but you kind of closed yourself out after Ha Yi passed away," Seohyun told her honestly. "Jin and I are your friends, we've been worried about you." 

Minji smiled contently and squeezed her shoulders, gratefully saying, "Girl, I know you and Jin are my friends. And you guys are my greatest friends too. The accident just shocked me a little, but I've been trying to take it easy." 

"He and I have just been worried about you because we know it's been rough for you. I just hope you know we're here for you anytime you need us." 

"Thank you." 

"I hope you are taking it easy like you said though. I just hate seeing you so sad for so long." 

Minji smiled again and replied, "I'll take it easy, I promise. You and Jin need to take it easy on worrying about me. You're gonna make me worry about you guys right after." 

Seohyun slightly laughed, shaking her head while they reached the student lounge. Minji had to do a group project for her physics class, so Seohyun had been walking with her until they reached the lounge; the place where Minji and her two partners decided to meet and do their project. 

Seohyun turned to look at her and asked, "Alright, I'm gonna head back to my apartment now. Dara's picking you up today, right?" 

Minji nodded her head and replied, "Yeah, no need to worry about me girl." 

Seohyun nodded but looked at Minji up and down, noticing something different about her body. "Minji," Seohyun called, grabbing onto her wrists, lifting it up and trying to find what was different about her. Minji had an extremely questioned facial expression, wondering what she was doing. Seohyun only pondered and continued, "Did you gain weight?" 

Minji's stomach slightly churned and she looked back at her with a blank stare, frightened that people began noticing her weight gain. She wasn't so sure what excuse to use so she nervously said, "It's probably from all the chocolate I've been eating. My parents buy these chocolate packages, so I've just been eating it all." 

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing," Seohyun assuringly said, feeling morally relieved, also letting go of her. "That makes me happy to hear that you're eating again. You looked so sick during the summer, I was starting to get worried you weren't eating." 

Minji slightly smiled, relieved that she didn't suspect anything more. Seohyun nodded and concluded, "Alright then, I'll get going now. I'll see you Monday." 

"Bye girl," Minji finished, waving at Seohyun as she finally walked away. Minji looked down at her stomach and patted it a couple of times. She noticed that it was slightly growing bigger, biting her lip down to keep the stress in. 

Before she walked into the lounge, she patted her stomach a few more times then walked inside the room. She saw one of her group members, Hyo Jung, sitting at a circular table. Hyo Jung looked up when she heard the door open and waved at Minji to show her presence. Minji walked over and sat down across from her and said, "So Yung isn't here yet?" 

"She's on her way," she replied with a smile. "She said she was hungry, so she stopped by for food before she comes here." 

Minji nodded in agreement as Hyo Jung pulled out her computer to say, "If we're building a mechanical model on measuring knee stress, how would we write that into a full report? The report has to be ten pages, right?" 

"Yeah," Minji replied stressfully, scratching her head. "I mean we could describe knee dieseases and knee injuries first, it would explain why we're planning to build the model."

"That's actually good," she said happily, pointing at Minji. "Then we could go on saying the tension of the knee joint to show what the model would do." Minji nodded her in agreement as Hyo Jung continued, "Ah, that's good. We'll go off of that. Then we can just talk about our model and how it will help, does that sound good?"

Minji nodded, taking her notebook out to take down some notes as So Yung entered the student lounge with rushed steps. She immediately saw Minji and Hyo Jung sitting at the circular table nearby the big trashcan, rushing over towards both of them. When she reached them, she put down her two bags of food and exclaimed, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I was too hungry and I couldn't make it any longer without food. I was in class all day today and I wasn't able to eat during my lunch break. You guys don't mind if I eat right here, do you?"

Minji and Hyo Jung shook their heads, signaling that they were alright with her eating while working on their project. So Yung sat down and took her food containers out, placing three right in front of her, making Minji's eyes widened. 

She scratched her head, pondering to herself that she must've been really hungry to have three boxes at the same time. 

So Yung began picking on her food, which was a box of fried rice, a box of stir fried seafood and also a small box of cubed radish kimchi. She chewed on her food happily, extremely relieved that food was going into at the moment. While chewing, she asked, "Hmm! So, how do you guys wanna divide the report up? Should we switch off doing the pages, or should we just take a section and type about three and a half pages each?" 

"We were thinking about dividing the report up into different sections," Hyo Jung responded, pulling up different sites on her computer. "About which parts we should do, maybe we should outline the heading and body, then we can figure out which part each person will have." 

So Yung nodded in agreement and replied, "Sounds good to me." As she continued eating her food, Minji's nose began to become sensitive to the scent of the food that was sitting right in front of me. She tried to hide it by lightly fanning her nose with three fingers, also scratching her nose to try to keep the smell away from her. It didn't seem to have been working, since the scent kept getting stronger and stronger. 

She took a deep breath to try and deal with the nauseating odor. She tried to act like her nose was itchy, but she kept squeezing them as much as she could to keep the scent away from her nose. However, everything began to come up from her stomach, rushing through to her neck until she couldn't control it anymore. She abruptly got up and went to the trashcan nearby their table, vomiting every little substance that was in her stomach. 

Many people in the student lounge got up when they heard her vomiting and sticking her head near the trashcan, widening their eyes in horror. So Yung and Hyo Jung looked at each other, quite disgusted that Minji was vomiting so close to them. Minji patted her chest to try to get the remains in her stomach out, finally stopping when her dizziness disappeared. She took short deep breaths, continued patting herself in the chest to relax her circulation, then turned back around to see her partners with the look of disgust on their faces.

Minji tucked her hands behind her ears, feeling completely embarrassed, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen. I must've ate the wrong thing this morning."

"Umm," So Yung, still feeling highly disgusted and paranoid said, "Are you sick Minji? Because if you're sick, you didn't have to come. I just lost my apetite after being hungry all day." She began to close her food containers, making Minji feel terrible that she stopped eating because of her vomiting. She pursed her lips together and apologized, "I'm so sorry." 

Hyo Jung began packing her computer into her laptop sleeve and looked at Minji with a discontent facial expression, "Maybe we should do this another time, since you obviously can't do it right now."

"No, it's fine. I should be fine now." 

Hyo Jung put her computer into her backpack and stood up, pulling her straps over both of her shoulders, "It's fine, Minji. I don't want to risk seeing you puke again. Let's just do it another time. I'll work on the outline then I'll send you anything if I end up writing." With that, Hyo Jung bluntly walked out, making Minji's face warm up from all the embarrassment. So Yung quickly stood up as well, quickly putting all her food containers back into the plastic bag and looked at Minji, "When we meet next time, let us know if you're sick or not. I don't want to lose my apetite again." 

So Yung left right after, making Minji almost tear up from the shame and embarrassment that she just caused to herself. Even though they were being ignorant, Minji still couldn't help feel bad that she embarrassed them by vomiting in the trashcan of the student lounge. 

Outside the student lounge, Jong In stood at the front door entrance, seeing Minji packing her bags after excessively vomiting into the trashcan. When two girls walked out from the lounge, one of them immediately exclaimed, "That was beyond gross. If she was sick, she could've told us so we didn't have to waste our time coming. She just puked in a trashcan and people know that she was with us. Oh my god, that's so embarrassing." 

"I know," another girl stated, shivering a little. "That was embarrassing. At least tell us you can't make it or something. Sending the assignment to her would've been a better option than her standing there and puking." As the two girls walked off, Jong In crossed his arms and looked back to where Minji was standing. 

He sighed to himself and clicked his tongue against his teeth, "What the hell could possibly be wrong with you?" 

At exactly midnight, Minji sat at the sink counter of her bathroom, staring down at the pill package that Doctor Lee told her to take during pregnancy. She held it tightly, not breaking her stare from it, as she tried to think hardly about how she was going to go on from here. 

She replayed everything that people have said to her ever since her pregnancy started, heavily thinking about how she was going to face everyone.

You're pregnant, Miss Minji. During the pregnancy, you may experience being lightheaded, not being able to smell some certain foods and feeling fatigue most of the times. It's just the beginning so these symptoms may occur again. You're a very young mother, so there can be a lot of advantages and disadvantages to having a child at this age.

Minji, did you gain weight? 

Are you sick, Minji? Because if you're sick, you didn't have to come. 

It's fine Minji. I don't want to risk seeing you puke again. 

Minji's tears rushed down her face, pulling most of her hair from the top of her head to ease out her headache. Her mind was clogged with over a million of scenarios, wondering how her life could end up being better. She felt like she was driving down a dark road, with absolutely nowhere to turn, and she was completely lost in her own world on how to bring her life back to normal again.

Tears dripped down to her stomach, making her place her hands upon it, feeling the growth of the baby. 

The baby that belongs to the one person she hated the most. 

The baby that carried Jong In's blood.

The baby that was going to change her life forever. 

She didn't know why this was all happening to her. She didn't know what she did so wrong to deserve all of this. She didn't want Ha Yi to die. She didn't want to get by Jong In. She didn't want to be carrying the baby that belonged to him. She didn't want any of this at all, so she didn't know why it all came crashing down to her in the end. 

It was her fault for even liking Jong In in the first place; if she had set her heart out to stop liking him, none of this would probably never have happened. 

She slapped herself in the head with the same hand she was holding her pills in, trying to balance out the mental pain that she felt as she hit herself. When she stopped, all she could do was shed tears and dig her face into her legs, wanting to scream out so loudly for people to hear. 

But she knew she couldn't. With her parents being home and her neighbors next door, she just knew that she couldn't. 

She finally got off the sink and turned around, staring into her face into the mirror. The look of pain, anger and sadness was written all over her face, as tears couldn't stop running down her face. The person she hated the most right now wasn't Jong In... but it was the person who she was staring at in the mirror.

She wanted to ask herself why she was so stupid.

She wanted to ask herself why she was naive. 

She wanted to ask herself why she was so weak. 

She wanted to ask slap the person she saw in the mirror right now. 

She wanted to go back in time and stop everything from happening, but she knew that she couldn't. She couldn't even take one step back to stop all of this from happening. All the bad things that she ever imagined in her head, all happened to her in the blink of an eye; and she hated every part of it.

She threw her pills into the trashcan near the toilet, angry at herself for not being able to do anything to Jong In. She didn't even know where to start if she wanted Jong In to get in trouble, but she hated herself for caring that she was going to see him again if she even thought about telling anybody. 

****

Minji stood in front of the tree in the park that her and Ha Yi used to go to on Sunday mornings when she came back from church. Minji would run around taking videos of her, while Ha Yi ran away from the camera, hiding her face. Those were the times when they were just young, innocent children; running around happily without any worries in the world. 

Minji was always afraid of the park during the night, but she didn't seem to have a care in the world right now. After crying her stress out for an hour, she snuck out of the house to walk to the park that she used to come with Ha Yi all the time. She stood at the same tree that they always hung out at, remembering every little details about her time with her. 

"Minji!" Ha Yi yelled loudly, running away from Minji's camera as fast as she could. "You need to get that camera out of my face, I don't like being on video!" She ran around the tree like her life had depended on it, making Minji pout and put her videocamera to her side, "You're really not gonna cooperate with me on this? I want to go edit a cool video with music in it. A friendship slideshow, I think it'll be really cute." 

"Girl, you need to do that without my face in it," Ha Yi replied, making sure Minji's camera was away from her face. "Did you stop recording yet?"

"Yes," she said bitterly, making Ha Yi sigh out of relief. She sat down on the tree happily, taking her Nintendo back out to play with. As she started to play her warrior game, Minji sat down and leaned against the tree next to her, and said, "What are you playing anyways? You've haven't put that thing down since I came home from church. I thought you wanted to hang out." 

"We are hanging out," Ha Yi said, not taking her eyes away from the game. "But let me finish this level first, then we'll hang out more." 

"If you don't finish the level soon, I'm about to take my videocamera and put it into your face again." 

"Yah, don't you dare," Ha Yi said with a stern tone. "You know I absolutely hate being on camera. I will hit you if that camera comes near my face."

"I don't understand why you don't like being on camera. You're such a pretty girl," Minji complimented, pinching Ha Yi's cheeks while she was playing her game. "You could be an actress or even a model with that face of yours." 

"Funny," she said, highly unamused. "The pretty one in this friendship is you and Dara, I am not part of that equation."

"Girl, you're so wrong about that. We are a cute trio, okay? We stay pretty together, so don't even try pulling that out with me." 

Ha Yi snickered, slightly ignoring her as she tried to finish the level she was on. Minji slightly looked at Ha Yi, wondering if she was insecure about her looks because she grew up with two boys in the family. Ha Yi's personality wasn't soft as hers and she wasn't girly like Dara, so she wondered if it was because of the family she was surrounded by. Minji looked at Ha Yi's pretty face, feeling lucky that she was a part of her life. Minji sighed loudly and rested her hands on her lap, as the sun blared down in her face, "You know, our hangout would be more fun if you taught me how to play that fighting game." 

Ha Yi giggled a little, finally killing off one of the villains in the game and replied to Minji, "I can't imagine you playing this game. You're too soft to even understand the meaning of how to fight."

Her eyes widened and responded, "I'm that soft that I can't even pretend to be strong in a game? What do you take me for?" Ha Yi turned off her Nintendo and put it down to answer, "Girl, you literally cry everytime you see blood in movies. I don't think this game is for you at all."

"Did Jong In Oppa introduce the game to you, or something?"

"Both Jong In Oppa and Taecyeon Oppa," Ha Yi replied, slightly correcting her. "Taecyeon Oppa even bought the Nintendo Gameboy for me to play individually. At home, there's an entire set to play with on the big screen. That's how dedicated we are to the game."

Minji slightly rolled her eyes and laughed, "You guys are so cute." 

"That's what it's like growing up in a house with two older brothers," Ha Yi responded, laughing with her. "They make you immuned to stuff that guys do." 

Minji nodded in agreement, squinting to show her understanding of what she was saying. She looked at Ha Yi and asked, "So you're not gonna teach me how to play?"

"Girl, you stick to making your cookies and cupcakes. You don't see me trying to do what you can do. I'm going to stick to my fighting warriors game, and you stick to making amazing desserts, okay?"

Minji snickered and replied, "Fine."

"Anyways," Ha Yi continued, changing the conversation. "Speaking of desserts, I have a question that's been on my mind for a while."

"What is it?"

"Does cheesecake come from real cheese?"

"What?!" Minji exclaimed, smiling very amusingly at her. "What are you talking about? What kind of question is that?"

"The brothers and I were talking about it the other day. We were wondering how would a cake made out of cheese even be good. Wouldn't it just taste like cheese?"

Minji laughed and shook her head, "Of course there's cheese in there, but it's cream cheese. It's not like you're eating an actual cheese cake, there's a process to make it sweet and delicious. Did you wanna learn how to do it?"

"Nah, that's too much work to learn how to do it. How about you make it for me?"

"Umm, it takes three to four hours to make," Minji replied, slightly glaring at her. "You better be my helper and sit there with me as I'm making it for you."

"Girl, of course. I want some though, I've only seen it on the food channel, but I've never had any before. You can do it for me, right?"

"Sure, sure. What kind do you want me to make?"

"Hmm," Ha Yi said, bobbing her head around to think. "Could you make strawberry cheesecake? That sounds absolutely delicious." 

Minji nodded her head and answered, "Sure, but then that means I'll have to make two cakes. So that'll be six to eight hours total."

"What?" Ha Yi questioned, raising an eyebrow at her. "Why would it take at least hours to make? And why would you make two cakes?" 

Minji snickered and replied, "Jong In Oppa's allergic to strawberries, remember?"

"So? He isn't asking for the cheesecake, I am. Why does he matter?" 

Minji pinched Ha Yi on the head for a little and chuckled, "I can't bake a cheesecake without everyone having a little piece of it. If I make a strawberry cheesecake and let everyone eat it, wouldn't Jong In Oppa feel left out because he can't eat it?" 

"Girl, you think too much. I would just feed him a bite of the cake, it doesn't matter if he's allergic or not. That's his problem."

She squinted in return and sighed, "If you want a strawberry cheesecake, I am going to bake two cakes. I would look so bad. You're eating the cake, Taecyeon Oppa's eating the cake and Auntie Eun Hee is eating the cake. What about Jong In Oppa, huh?"

"Oh gosh," Ha Yi grunted, rolling her eyes. "Fine then, we'll change it to a blueberry cheesecake just for your Jong In Oppa. But I expect a strawberry cheesecake for my birthday." She pointed to her and continued demanding, "If I don't get a strawberry cheesecake for my birthday, this friendship is going down the drain, capiche? I don't care about Jong In Oppa, what kind of person is allergic to strawberries? That's the strangest thing to be allergic too."

"Not really," Minji disagreed, making Ha Yi look at her with a questioned face. "Appa's allergic to fabric softeners."

"Fabric softeners? Like, when you're doing laundry?"

"Yepp, those fabric softeners. Now that's stranger than Jong In Oppa's allergy." 

Ha Yi continued nodding, agreeing with Minji at this point. Minji then sighed and continued, "I'll agree to make the cheesecake for you if you agree with me with one thing."

"Which is?"

"Take a picture with me so I can go hang it up on my wall." 

Ha Yi groaned a little, crossing her arms, "Fine. But only a picture though, no videos." Minji smiled and held up her other camera, putting her head against Ha Yi's head. As they smiled for the camera, Minji pressed the button, then released it right after she heard the shutter sound taking the photo. Bringing it back down to her, she previewed the picture to see if it was alright, but Ha Yi began squealing. She shook her head and exclaimed, "Oh my god, no! Take a new one, that picture was absolutely horrible."

"What are you talking about?" Minji asked, looking down to see Ha Yi's adorable smile. "We both look so cute, this is appropriate enough to hang on the wall." 

"Oh my god, no, delete that one please. Let's take a new one." 

Minji stood up, not letting her touch the camera and went on the other side of the tree. She stuck her tongue out at Ha Yi and disagreed, "No, if you make me delete this picture, then you'll make me delete the other pictures we'll be taking. I won't believe you this time." Ha Yi began to chase after her, going for her camera, while Minji just continuously ran away, having too much fun joking with her.

As Minji relived the memories with Ha Yi at this certain point, all she could was cry and accept that it was just another memory in her heart. She sobbed out loud, saying with a trembling voice, "I know you prob-proba-probab-probably can't he-hear me, but I just want you to know that I miss you s-s-so much." 

Minji tried to remember Ha Yi's voice, and what she would say if she was still here, and how she would sound when she answered. Her modulated, thick voice was the sound she wanted to hear the most right now. 

But she just knew it wasn't going to come back to her. 

"I hope you know what Jong In Oppa did to me," she continued crying, staring at the tree with all her sorrow and sadness coming out of her. "But I know he did it out of anger. If I didn't call you out that day, none of this would've happened. I don't know if I should be complaining or not, but I want you to hear me." 

She paused herself for a little bit, trying to catch a breath to be able to talk further. She hesistated a little, then continued talking in a shaky voice, "I know you love your brother, but what he did to me can't even be compared to what I did to you. I know it was wrong to call you out and make you get in that accident, and I accept every single part of that guilt. I regret everything and I wish I could take it back." 

She cried more, not being able to talk, and just bit down on her lip. As she let her tears rush down her face, she took a deep breath and said, "But you're not living through the pain that I'm living through right now. If I had the choice, I would've just died along with you, so I wouldn't have to suffer all of this pain. But there's no way back for me, Yi. Your brother wanted me to go through the pain and agony. He even said it before he did this to me; that I had to suffer all the pain that he was going through after you passed away. He even put me in a taxi after he me, Yi. I'm sorry I have to say this, but what is his heart even made out of? I would've been fine if he had ignored me for the rest of his life, but to do all of this to me and leave me hanging out with his child is just too much. There's a level of tolerance that I have and I think my heart is about to explode with everything I've been bottling up." She broke down crying, losing all the strength in her legs as she fell on the ground to her knees, staring upon the tree in darkness. 

She didn't know who she was talking to anymore, but she had a hint of hope that Ha Yi would be able to hear it from above. She wanted Jong In to hear how she felt, but she also wanted Ha Yi to be right in front of her to understand her feelings. 

"What did I do so wrong to deserve all of this?" She continued asking, feeling like she couldn't stop her crying. "All I ever did was have a crush on your brother. Was that so wrong? If I knew all of the feelings that I had for him was going to lead up to this, I wouldn't even dare to begin looking at him." Her anger began to increased because she felt her face becoming warm, clenching her fingers and teeth together, "Why did you leave me, huh? You know very well that I only have you and Dara to depend on as friends, so why did you leave me?! Why would you leave me like this to make me deal with all of this pain, huh?!" 

She cried out loud, knowing that not a single soul was wandering around this park late at night. She just had to scream, she just had to let out everything that was bottling up inside of her. She cried and yelled, "Just tell me what I did to deserve all of this! Just let someone tell me that this is a ing nightmare that I will wake up from! Just let me go back to the stupid, naive girl that I always was, just please! Please come back and tell your brother that he ed up my entire life!" She pressed her hands up her head, feeling like her brain was about to explode. 

She finally began screaming, letting out all the anger, hatred, exasperation and resentment that she had towards her life right now. 

All she could do was dig her face into the ground, wanting to scream at Kim Jong In's face for ruining the happy life that she had. 

"Ow!" Taecyeon yelled out, having a reflex in his arms from the hot handle of the pan. He looked into the pan and saw all the vegetables he had put in there quite dark, making him frown, "So much for dinner tonight." Eun Hee ran into the kitchen after she heard him scream, looking panicked and exclaimed, "Taecyeon! What happened?" 

Taecyeon groaned a little, looking at his red hand, "I burnt myself a little Omma. I was trying to make some dinner for you tonight." 

"Let me see," Eun Hee replied, taking his hand into hers and seeing the burnt wound from the handle. She quickly turned off the stove and saw the burnt vegetables, turning back to Taecyeon to say, "Who told you to make dinner tonight, huh? I told you already that you can't cook without hurting yourself or burning down the house. Besides, you're not supposed to touch a pan when it's been cooking on the stove for over ten minutes. That's the first rule in cooking. "

"Yah, it's not my fault you bought a bad pan, Omma. And hey, almost burning down the house happened when I was a teenager, can we not bring that up again?" Taecyeon joked, pointing at her with his other hand. "And besides, I wanted to try to make something for you and Jong In today. It seems like you both been having a stressful week, so I wanted to try to cook a decent meal for you guys."

Jong In came in chuckling, biting into an apple, "So much for trying, Hyung." Jong In came to sit at the stool at the kitchen island and went on, "The last time you made something, we had to order pizza for delivery, remember? Why are you still trying to make food?"

Taecyeon slightly glared at him, making Eun Hee wave at Jong In's face, "You two, don't argue right now. Let me get something to wrap your hand up in. I'll be right back." Eun Hee left the kitchen, leaving Taecyeon and Jong In sitting at the kitchen island. Taecyeon turned around to see Jong In biting into his fresh, red apple, while staring at him with an amused face.

"Why don't you make something for us tonight? I don't come home early this often."

"Hyung, I already ate with Krystal. It's Thursday, remember?"

Taecyeon rolled his eyes and carressed his left hand, trying to ease out the stinging burn that he felt. Jong In saw a hand wrap on his right hand, making him ask, "What happened to your other hand, Hyung?" He lifted up his right hand and answered, "I was putting stitches on a patient's leg yesterday, but after I finished, the needle that I used to stitch her up just cut my right hand completely. Leaving me with an ugly cut on my right hand."

"Oh wow," Jong In replied, sulking his mouth. "This really is not your week. First you cut your right hand, and now you burn your left hand. What else is next?" 

"Cutting you," Taecyeon threatened, massaging the burn in his hands to make himself feel better. Jong In rolled his eyes at his brother, sighing loudly. Eun Hee rushed back into the kitchen with a first aid kit and placed it right next to Taecyeon on the counter. As she prepared the hand wrap, she continued complaining, "Next time when you want to make food, call me first. I don't understand why you didn't ask Mi Hyun and Min Hee to come help you when they're clearly just sitting in their rooms and watching dramas." 

Taecyeon chuckled a little, shaking his head, as Eun Hee grabbed his hands to wrap the bandage around, "I'm not home early that often, so I figured I would try doing it since I'm free. I guess that was a fail." 

"I've always told you that you need to stick to saving people's lives," Eun Hee said jokingly. "Trust me, with your cooking, you're not saving anyone's life." Jong In let out a laugh, making Taecyeon turn his head to glare at him. Taecyeon shook his head and looked back at Eun Hee, replying, "Alright then. What are we gonna eat tonight then?"

"I have to go out to grab some more dry food for Podo," she replied, finishing wrapping the bandage wrap around his left hand. She scratched her head and continued, "His food bag just ran out this morning. I'll grab some food for you on the way back here, do you want anything in particular?" 

Taecyeon shook his head and answered, "Anything is fine. I just need to eat." 

Jong In began to joke, pointing to the food that Taecyeon was in the process of making, "You can't give Podo the food that Hyung made? Doesn't our dog just love homemade leftovers?" 

Eun Hee looked at Jong In highly unamused, sighing loudly and whispered to Taecyeon, "I think he hangs out with his girlfriend too much." 

"You don't say, Omma." 

Eun Hee shook her head and looked at Jong In, saying, "The only homemade food that Podo ever liked was when Minji made it for him. I swear that girl has a gift for cooking. Everything she makes is absolutely amazing. Out of all the dogs there are in the world, I am confident that Podo is one of the pickiest dogs when it comes to food. Not when it comes to Minji's food though, he gobbles that all down within ten seconds." 

Taecyeon sighed sadly and shook his head, "Where's Minji when you need her?" 

"Speaking of Minji," Eun Hee said, remembering she hadn't seen her in the longest time. "I haven't seen her at all. The last time we actually talked was at Ha Yi's funeral, but she hasn't stepped foot into our house ever since that day." 

"I think she's taking it harder than all of us," Taecyeon guessed, immediately feeling bad for her again. Jong In snickered and rolled his eyes, "I'm sure she's doing fine." Taecyeon and Eun Hee turned their heads to look at Jong In with dissatisfied faces, not wanting to hear him talk anymore. Eun Hee sighed and sat down with Taecyeon, ignoring her other son, "Have you talked to Minji at all? I'm starting to miss her, I haven't seen her at all. I don't want to ask for her to come by either because she might be busy with school and other things." 

"I haven't talked to her Omma," he replied, shaking his head. "I saw her at the market with her friends about two weeks ago but we only said hi to each other. She still seems pretty sad about everything."

"That poor girl, she really is taking it harder than us. She loved Ha Yi so much, they were like magnets stuck to each other." 

Taecyeon forcefully grinned, turning his head to look at Jong In and said, "Jong In." 

"Hmm?" He replied, looking up. Taecyeon continued, narrowing his eyes at him, "Have you talked to Minji at all lately?" 

Jong In began to stand up, taking a can of soda from the fridge and replied with a shrug, "Nope. I'm the wrong person to ask that question to." Without saying anything else, Jong In walked out of the kitchen to get away from talking about Minji; otherwise he would've gotten angry. 

Eun Hee became slightly confused to why he looked so frustrated talking about Minji, while Taecyeon just sat there wondering what was going on between them. 

He knew there was definitely something wrong, but both of them weren't saying anything. 

One Week Later

"Minji," Hyun Jae called as Minji was in front of the oven, waiting on her chicken to be fully roasted. She widened her eyes and turned around to her mother, questioning, "Yes Omma?" 

"Appa and I have to go to Gwangju this Sunday for a business meeting, so I'll call the your teacher at church to tell them that you can't make it to school." 

Minji nodded, being perfectly fine with that idea. Kang Dae was sitting nearby the dining table, seeing her eyes light up to know that she didn't have to go to Sunday school. Hyun Jae went to sit at the island and began to pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter