Don't Do This To Me

No Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was highly afraid of posting too slowly if I did the entire thing, so I decided to post a small part first. Don't worry, the rest is coming soon. I swear I won't take months for the next part. But read this first, haha thank you waiting ever so patiently. 

It was another Wednesday night where Jong In was eating dinner with Krystal at a Japanese buffet restaurant, but he felt more down then usual... Because, well, it was his birthday tonight and he was with only Krystal. For his 26th birthday, he felt pretty lonely. Usually, he spent it with friends or even his mother, but he never spent it with only Krystal. All day today he just had a bunch of work piled up for him, so he spent his birthday signing contracts, reviewing documents, making sure every department of the hotel was in shape, and dealing with bills. It was just a busy day that he spent most of his birthday in his office doing work. And he couldn't even go home until later today because he had more work waiting at his office so by the time he got home today, his mother would already be sleeping. It would've been better if Chanyeol and Tina were here. For all the years he's been friends with Chanyeol since middle school, they've never missed eachother's birthday and for all five years he's been friends with Tina since their internship years, they've always saw eachother on their birthdays. 

This was just a bummer for him. 

At the moment, he and Krystal were inside of Coex Mall for his birthday today, and she was treating her boyfriend to a nice dinner before he went back to the hotel to work. Then again, Tina and Chanyeol weren't really fond of Krystal to be at the same dinner table as her, so he couldn't really blame them as well. 

"Babe," Krystal called him, making him snap out of his train of thoughts. He looked to her with a questioned face as she said, "It is your birthday." 

"I am aware." 

"Since it's your birthday and your girlfriend is treating you to dinner," she explained, as he chewed on his piece of sushi lifelessly. "Shouldn't you eat the food?" 

"I am eating though." 

"At least look happy eating it."

"Krystal, you want me to smile eating after every bite?" Jong In asked sarcastically, putting a piece of sushi into his mouth and flashing her a wide smile while the food was all full inside, making his cheeks bloated. "Is this what you want?" 

"You look stupid," she said with a big sigh, shaking her head. She would've laughed because she knew he was joking, but he was playing around when she said something serious to him, which she didn't like. He chewed the rest of the food down and said, "Just giving you what you want." 

"I wouldn't exactly call that giving me what I want."

He sighed loudly, bothered by how she was being right now. He was already out here with her, he didn't know what else she wanted. He was already stressed about coming out because he still had loads of work to do, but she basically forced him out because she wanted to treat him for his birthday, which meant he left the work hanging just to come eat dinner with her. Also, he had to go back to the office after this dinner, so this time spent with her was nothing extravagant, even if it was his birthday. All he's been eating for the past week was food from the cafeteria and food that he bought on the street vendors because the launch party of the new hotel was approaching, and all the work needed to be finished. 

Not knowing what to do, Jong In just pulled out his phone and began texting who he wanted to see the most right now, which was obviously his good friends, Chanyeol and Tina. Around this time, in which it was seven at night, Tina was probably still working while Chanyeol was probably still at his clinic with one of his patients. It wasn't a problem to bother them though, since it was his birthday, and he called them out to eat, but they wanted to pass since Krystal was here. 

Jong In invited Chanyeol, Tina to the chat. 

Jong In: Guys, do you know what day it is? 

Chanyeol: It's Wednesday. 

Tina: What the heck? How am I in this chat?

Jong In: Look above. It says I invited you.

Tina: -_- 

Chanyeol: Hi Tina :D :D :D

Tina: -_-

Jong In: Woman, what day is it?

Tina: Your friend said it already. It's Wednesday. 

Jong In: Ahem. Day & month in particular? 

Chanyeol: January 14th :D 

Tina: Boy, I know it's your birthday. 

Tina: Did you not check your Instagram? 

Jong In: Girl, with the amount of work we have, you think I have time to check Instagram? 

Tina: Boy... I made a special post for you. I remembered it was your birthday, okay? It was mad cheesy, you better go look at it.

Tina: Don't even say I forgot because I posted first thing in the morning and sent you a line. It had hearts... I don't do hearts. 

Jong In: Well, I haven't looked at anything because I had too much work to do.

Jong In: But what I did was invite you two to have dinner with me so we could chill for my birthday.

Jong In: And ya'll said no.

Chanyeol: Who are you with again? 

Tina: Does it look like I want to die? 

Jong In: Why would you die? 

Jong In: No one has time for you to get pinned down to a table. You think I would let Krystal do that?

Chanyeol: I know, and you'd have me too :D 

Tina: You're not even there though.

Chanyeol: Lol, if you were there, I'd probably be there. 

Jong In: Umm, ya’ll would be here cause of me, cause it’s my birthday.

Tina: You really had to message us that though.

Tina: Like, together? 

Tina: -_-

Chanyeol: Lol, some good thing came out of this chat.

Tina: What good thing?

Chanyeol: Got your line now :D 

Tina: Jong In... I'm gonna erase our IG post right now, fool. 

Jong In: My bad though, hahaha.

Tina: I'm not laughing with you. 

Jong In: You still love me though.

Tina: It's your birthday. It's the only day I love you. 

Chanyeol: Huh? 

Jong In: This is a Jong In - Tina thing. 

Chanyeol: Obviously, when have I ever been a part of anything? :/ 

Jong In: Well... If you were here... you'd be a part of this dinner.

Jong In: You too, Miss. Marketing Director. 

Tina: I'm working from my house

Tina: This launch party that we are in together.

Tina: Yeah boy, I couldn't sit any longer at my office, so I came back home to do it. 

Tina: My back was in pain. 

Chanyeol: Is your back okay? 

Tina: This is a group chat. 

Tina: Why are you asking this on a group chat? 

Chanyeol: Haha, I have your line now, we can always make a personal chat room. 

Jong In: 4 years later...

Tina: Save me under Princess

Jong In: Hahahahahahahaha. What the , Tina? 

Tina: You have me under as Princess in your phone, General Manager.

Jong In: That's because you saved the number yourself and wrote Princess Tina.

Tina: But did you change it though? 

Jong In: Does it look like I have time to erase nine letters from your contact name? 

Tina: Then yeah, Princess Tina it is. 

Tina: Understand, Chanyeol? 

Chanyeol: I thought you said this wasn't a personal chat ;) 

Tina: This goes for both of you.

Tina: Aren't you guys one person anyway? 

Chanyeol: Lol okay, I'll save you under Princess Tina.

Chanyeol: Okay Princess? 

Chanyeol: Anything else, Princess?

Tina: I said to save me under Princess. Not to call me Princess.  

Jong In:  What are you guys doing anyway? 

Jong In: Besides missing my birthday.

Tina: You're not gonna live this down, are you? 

Tina: Boy, I'm doing work... For the SAME event that we are attending.

Jong In: Woman, we are not attending it. We are it. 

Tina: Haha I know. It's nothing without us. 

Tina: But on a serious note, I am still contacting people for this event.

Tina: And your line keeps popping up as I am talking to them.

Tina: Like, I know you love me, but let me work, my homie.

Tina: What kind of boss are you? 

Jong In: Please. When have you ever considered me your boss? 

Tina: Here's a selfie to prove that I'm working for real. 

Tina: (Selfie of herself making an angry pouty face)

Jong In: You look like an angry toddler.

Tina: Hoe, we're the same age. 

Jong In: That's my point.

Tina: I'm your cutest friend though. 

Tina: Don't be hating cause I'm beautiful. 

At that moment, Jong In's phone continuously kept blowing up because Tina kept sending selfies of herself working from her house alone. He assumed that she obviously forgot that this message had Chanyeol in it too, in which she never wanted to get his line, because if he got her line, that would mean he got her number. And he knew how protective she was with her number, especially with Chanyeol. 

Jong In: Yah, yah, yah. You keep forgetting this is a group chat. 

Jong In: Not the only one receiving your selfies here. 

Tina: Yeah, I forgot. 

Chanyeol: Haha, you can keep going. It's not like I mind. 

Tina: It's for you though, Jong In, so you know I'm working. 

Jong In: Why you sending so many though? 

Tina: It's your birthday, duh. I gotta give you something special for your birthday. 

Tina: So you don't miss my face, my bestie :D 

Chanyeol: So... Before I was in this chat, you didn't send selfies to him?

Jong In bursted out smiling with Chanyeol's flirting on this messaging app, making him not regret accidentally adding both of them into the line to talk. There was a brief pause until Jong In came back in. He can just imagine Tina's face in shock right now, probably nervous from Chanyeol's words to her. These two were always the funniest pair to be around.

Since Chanyeol was always so flirty and friendly, he always pulled out some sweet lines with Tina. And being best friends for Tina for quite some time now, he knew that she was so innocent, and everytime someone flirted with her, she’d just be awkward or run for the hills. Since Chanyeol always did it with her and probably wasn’t interested, it just resulted in all bitterness and bickering.

It was quite funny though; he actually wished these two could be a pair but he wasn’t quite sure when Chanyeol was going to stop his flirting gestures with every single girl, and he wasn’t sure that Chanyeol was Tina’s type.

Jong In: Damn though.

Tina: I figured you BOTH needed some cuteness in your life.

Tina: Sorry for trying to help both of you out. 

Chanyeol: Well, you certainly added it to my life :D 

Within a few minutes, Jong In got another text, saying it was from Tina but it came back to their personal chat with just them two.

Tina: You really did that to me.

Jong In: Do what? 

Tina: Put me in the same group chat as your friend. 

Tina: Now he has my line again.

Tina: You know what else that means? 

Jong In: Yeah girl, your number. I used that method with Krystal too when I first asked her out. 

Tina: Now aren't you two just the happy couple. 

Tina: So sweet, she took you out for a dinner date for your birthday, omg, best girlfriend status.

Jong In: Yeah, cause someone didn't wanna join.

Jong In: My birthday only comes once a year. 

Tina: OMG REALLY? I had no idea. I thought your birthday was just last year. 

Jong In: We still had dinner together though.

Tina: Yeah, but I'll pass this year. I don't wanna risked getting slapped, especially on your birthday.

Tina: On a serious note, I'll see you after if anything. I would give up work for you. 

Tina: I just won't sacrifice getting slapped, I ain't THAT nice now, lol. 

Jong In: I guess. 

Tina: Let's get a late dinner or something. I have your present too, so obviously, I'll make it up to you.

Tina: (Laugh) (Laugh) (Laugh)

Tina: Just let me not get slapped please. You put a piece of sushi on my plate and she be think we're gonna go have hot steamy or something. 

Tina: My face is too precious to be getting slapped. 

Jong In: PSH, I came to your birthday... Ten days ago. 

Tina: Homie, you gotta understand that a girl has got to keep her life. And second, I don't have a crazy girlfriend.

Tina: But I still got you.

Jong In: I know you don't have a girlfriend, you're straight.

Tina: Listen, if it’s trying to get away from your girlfriend, I don’t need to be straight. I take anyone that helps me tell your girlfriend that I don’t want you.  

Jong In:  Okay, I know that. But you really don't wanna come? There's sushi.

Tina: It's not worth it. Umm first of all, your best friend Park Chanyeol isn't there.

Tina: If Park Chanyeol is not there, what makes you think I'll survive? 

Jong In: Haha, if Park Chanyeol was here, would you be here then?

Tina: You about to have only Park Chanyeol as a friend then.

Jong In: Nah, I can’t have only one friend.

Jong In: He doesn’t eat lunch with me.

Jong In: I need my lunch buddy.

Tina: Enough with the teasing if you want to keep your lunch buddy, bro.

Tina: You already put me in the same group chat with Chanyeol.

Tina: That’s enough for me to cut you.

Jong In: He’s not that bad.

Tina: Don’t even…

Tina: Remember the time your girlfriend slapped me in front of the hotel... Where it made on television news.

Tina: My parents had to call me from America to check up on me. I had my friends and family blowing up my phone because they saw the news of a girl slapping me to the ground. 

Tina: You know how embarrassing that was? 

Jong In: Damn woman, I was just joking. 

Jong In: Kidding, kidding. Haha. Don’t be too afraid of him. He doesn’t mean any harm.

Jong In: I mean, you guys didn’t have eachother’s line until today.

Tina: He had my line before. But when I changed my number, all the data got erased too.

Tina: So when it came back, I just never re-added him (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Jong In: Forever hiding.

Tina: I’m not hiding.

Tina: Listen, I need to go back to work to working on these contracts and contacting all of these companies that are participating at our hotel launch.

Tina: I will see you later in life.

Jong In: Kay, I got macaroons for you if you stop by the hotel later.

Tina: We can be besties again.

Jong In: Lol, go back to work.

Jong In could only laugh, wondering when all of this Tina and Chanyeol love story was going to settle down once and for all. 

After a while, Krystal began getting irritated seeing Jong In just looking down at his phone and messaging happily to god-knows-who. She coughed a bit, getting his attention as she asked, "You talking to Chanyeol?"

"No, it's Tina," he answered straightfowardly, getting her to bite down on her teeth. "I invited her to come to dinner, but she doesn't wanna come."

"That's fine, I wouldn't want your birthday dinner to be ruined anyway."

He looked up and gave her a demanding face, letting out a big sigh. "My birthday dinner isn't going to be ruined by Tina. She's my friend, she's one of the people that I want to come be with me today for my birthday. But stinks that none of my friends don't even wanna be here." 

"Don't even worry about them," Krystal said sweetly, grabbing his hand. "I'm with you for your birthday, that should be enough, right?" 

"We're with each other almost every day," he said straightly. "I'm pretty sure it's no different from other days. Today is just another day that I'm eating dinner with you. It just happens to be the day my mom gave birth to me, that's basically it." Jong In pulled his hand away from her, continuing on to eat, leaving her sitting there with a frown upon her face. What the hell was wrong with him? Why did he need to see Tina so badly for his birthday? 

****

"Oh my god," Dara complained, losing strength on her arms from all the shopping bags she was carrying from her forearms. "I need to put this down, my arms are dying right now." In the middle of Coex Mall, Dara and Minji had been shopping for neccessities to move into their brand new condominium that Yuri and Young Bae had helped them buy. They just decided to take a break in front of a Japanese restaurant, catching their breaths because they had so many things in their hands right now, they just needed to take a break. 

"I forgot that moving in a different place takes a lot of work," Dara continuously complained, leaning her arms against the railing, remebering about settling in when they moved with Yuri and Young Bae's house. Minji ran a finger through her long hair and laughed, shaking her head to reply, "Coming from the girl who bought two pairs of shoes." 

"Girl, those were cute shoes though. I couldn't resist. And it was buy one with the other half off, that's a good." 

"Always," she snickered, taking out a blue paper bag that had Yoogeun and Young Joon's clothes that she purchased for them. She nudged Dara, pulling out the two outfits she bought back at the children's clothing store and asked, "Hey. You think our babies would like this? I feel like they both have so much style, this would match them." For Young Joon, since it was a larger size, it was a stylish blue sweater with straight jeans and for her adorable son Yoogeun, it was a jean jacket with black pants. Dara hummed and looked closely, nodding in agreement. "It's cute. That needs to be shipped straight to them because Young Bae Oppa clearly don't know how to dress the children." 

"I mean, they have Yuri Unnie, but she's the one who wants to leave the house at seven in the morning to go work. Then she comes back home complaining to Young Bae Oppa that he doesn't dress their children nicely."

Dara nodded her head, agreeing with everything. "Then she throws those poor kids for not rejecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter