The Girlfriend

No Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my lovelies. Just like I promised because you guys were really good with the comments. Haha. It seems like everyone is getting the reaction that I expected haha. Don't hate me though, I swear the story is going to get better. This is a bit long because there's a big time span in this one, so make sure you have time reading this ;D I separated into two chapters so it wouldn't be too much. Apologies for the time lapse for this one but I felt like it would drag if I mentioned everything, so here you go. Prepare for the drama. Love you all!

Trying to break the silence in the house, Eun Hee quickly ran up to Jong In and smiled at the two, "Jong In, you're finally home. I didn't get to say happy birthday to you this morning." 

Jong In grinned and nodded his head, "I was in a rush this morning. Sorry Omma." He also recalled that he had to go to Krystal's house to pick her up in the morning since she was so nervous meeting his entire family. 

Eun Hee clapped her hands and said happily, "You should've told me that you were bring another friend. I would have ordered more food." 

Before Jong In could say anything, Krystal put in, "It's okay Omma, I don't eat that much." 

Eun Hee was quite stunned that she called her Omma right on the spot without any introductions yet. 

"Omma," Jong In started quietly, pointing to Krystal with his left arm that wasn't hugged by her, "This is Krystal." 

Krystal slightly looked at Jong In, waiting for him to introduce her as something more. After ten seconds of silence, Krystal said herself, poking her head out, "His girlfriend. It's so great to finally meet you Omma." 

Eun Hee nodded her head and tried to smile at Krystal, with many questioned thoughts wandering in her head. She was wondering why Krystal was so confident, that it kind of scared her. She was never exposed to any girls that Jong In brought and she was stunned by the audacity she had. 

Near the sofa where Dara, Ha Yi and Minji stood there in slight astonishment; Ha Yi had already been annoyed by the fact that this girl was so shameless, already acting like she owned her brother. 

Ha Yi rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "This is how you get a guy nowadays? I need to take some new lessons." 

Dara looked at Minji and patted her shoulders, "You good?" 

She held up her tray of tarts and faked a happy voice, "I hope I made enough tarts for them. I didn't know his girlfriend was gonna come too, I would've made more." 

"Are you serious Minji?" Ha Yi asked frustrated, amazed by how sympathetic Minji was. She laughed and nudged her head towards the kitchen, "I'll go check in the kitchen if there's enough. I'll be back." Minji walked away quickly to try to hide her sad facial expression, taking a deep breath before completely leaving the room.

Dara and Ha Yi looked after her, shaking their heads and feeling dejected for her. Dara let out a deep sigh, turned to look at Ha Yi again and reassured, "That's really Jong In Oppa's girlfriend? I wouldn't expect him to get a girl like this." 

Ha Yi groaned lightly and answered, "All I know is... It's gonna be one hell of an awkward night for my family." 

After an hour into the party, Minji decided to isolate herself from everyone to be alone, locating herself to go to the piano room since it was quiet. Minji was in the piano room for about twenty minutes already, where it had been quiet and isolated from the rest of the house. She was too upset to be facing so many people so she had the feeling that she just couldn't hide her facial expression well. 

She held a lily in her hands and took each petal out one by one, staring deeply into the flower, "He likes me... He likes me not... He likes me... He likes me not... He likes me... He likes me not... He likes me..." As she reached the last petal to tear off, it was the answer that she had been despising to get, although she knew it was true.

Holding onto the last petal for at least ten seconds, Podo came panting into the room, looking like he was searching for something. Minji made eye contact with the dog as the siberian husky came right up to her and placed his head onto her lap from the floor. She started petting him and pouted, "How'd you get here? Did you find me to make food for you?"

As he only looked at her with his innocent eyes, Minji frowned and continued, "Were you listening in on my pathetic conversation?" Throwing the last petal on the floor, she started talking to Podo, almost crying, "Your brother looks at me like I'm a shadow or something. He doesn't even see me. How stupid do you think I am?" Acting like the dog could answer, she looked at him for a few seconds, staring at his cuteness. She only rubbed his entire body and nodded her head, "You're right. I'm too stupid to be thinking about this." 

A few moments later, Minji felt someone walked in and she jumped to stand up when she saw Jong In come through the door that was already open. Her eyes widened, holding the remaining stem behind her and called, "Jong In Oppa." 

He turned around, surprised to see her and scratched his head, "Oh, Ji Ji. I didn't know you were in here." 

She nodded her head and started to lie, scratching her head nervously, "I got tired. I actually came in here and just fell asleep."

"Smart, I should've done that too," he said with a chuckle. Jong In sat down on the couch Minji was previously sitting on, making her nervous that it was just the two of them in the room. With the exception of Podo, but he didn't particularly count. He even went to lay down by the corner, looking after Minji and Jong In. By the looks of it, Jong In didn't seem as happy as he should have looked for his birthday. Minji poked her head a little to see if his girlfriend had followed, but there hadn't been any sign of her. 

Minji sat back on the same couch, towards the edge and the other side of him, watching Jong In rub the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed. When Minji saw him looking stressed like this, she just couldn't help wanting to know what was wrong with him. 

School had been closed for vacation about a month ago, so it couldn't have been that reason. 

Maybe it was his about his girlfriend. It is the first time he ever brought a girl back to his house, so that could have been the reason. But Minji would never know because he doesn't tell her anything. 

She then coughed and began talking, "I'm surprised you're alone in here. I'd expect you to be having fun outside. Even Channie Oppa's here, you guys should be talking about sports."

He opened his eyes and snickered, "Ji Ji, I know that Chanyeol's here. He's my best friend, why wouldn't I know that?" She pouted by his answer as he continued, "And kid, you're in the room too. That's not really being alone, smartie. The big fluffy guy is in here with us too."  

She slouched her shoulders down, sulking a little. Minji got more quiet as Jong In stepped on the petals that were thrown onto the carpet. He narrowed his eyes and looked down, wondering why there were flower petals on the floor. Minji nervously laughed and said before he spoke, "I was doing decorations, but all the petals fell on the floor. I'll pick it up." She began bending down to pick up the petals on the floor until Jong In stopped her, "It's fine kid. You can just clean it up when we're cleaning the house." 

She picked herself back up to sit on the couch and obeyed him, being a little intimidated by him. He glanced at the flower petals again and sneered, "What are those? Roses?" 

She shook her head and answered, "They're lillies. The best kind of flowers there are." 

He rolled his eyes and snickered, "They're all flowers anyways. They look the same to me. I don't know why girls like them so much." 

She frowned a little, forcing a grin upon her face. She looked up to the ceiling to try to avoid any awkward eye contact, trying to think of something to say. 

"I'm too sleepy to back out there," Jong In started, catching Minji by surprised that he talked first. 

"Are you not havng fun Oppa?" 

"It's a birthday dinner, Ji Ji," he replied, slouching back on the couch, "It's not a birthday party. It's all family that I see anyway." 

Minji felt a little happy that Jong In enjoyed the birthday party that she threw for him last year, since it looked like he had a blast. She just felt happy if he put a smile on his face because of her. 

He finally turned to look at her and asked, "Why are you hiding out here anyways? I'm surprised you're not with Yi or making cookies in the kitchen." 

"Psh, cookies are too easy Oppa. I make cupcakes, they're more advanced." 

He snickered and looked up, sounding blunt, "They're all sweet in the end anyway." 

Minji bit the insides of , angry at herself that she tried to make a joke with him. That was clearly a fail. She squinted sideways, not knowing what to say after that closed remark. 

After a few moments, she asked eagerly, going closer to Jong In, "Did you open your presents yet?" 

"No, they're all still sitting on the table in the living room. I'll probably have to open them when I go back out," he answered as he slouched back onto the couch, crossed his arms and closed his eyes. Minji smiled and reached out to the side of the couch, where she hid the present she prepared for Jong In. She held the green present bag on her lap and looked at him while he closed his eyes, sighing deeply. She handed the present bag towards him and spoke up to get his attention, "Open mine first then." 

Jong In opened his eyes back up and saw Minji giving him a medium sized, green present bag. As she handed him the gift, she smiled at him sweetly, nudging, Happy Birthday Jong In Oppa." He slightly chuckled, lightly grabbing the present bag from her and asked, "What's this, Ji Ji?" 

"Open it, you'll find out." 

He chuckled again and reached out into the bag, encountering a hard-felt object with many other things surrounding it, in which he had no clue what it could've been. He pulled out what looked like a photobook, putting the present bag down and placed the present on his lap. It left him slightly confused because it didn't look like a photobook that could be flipped around. 

It was a box-like object, decorated with blue and dark blue plaid, along with nine mini square tabs that seemed like it was able to open. He slightly chuckled and scratched his head, wondering what it could be, "Is this a photobook or something?" He tried flipping the box around a little, but it he didn't seem to guess correctly. 

The nine tabs that he saw were set in a column of three and a row of three, aligned right next to one another. 

"Open up the first tab, you'll see," Minji insisted, getting more and more excited. 

"I feel like you bought me a board game, Ji Ji," he said with a chuckle.

She laughed and shook her head, "It's way more than a board game, Oppa." 

As he pulled the first tab on the top left corner, it revealed his favorite basketball player, Ha Seung Jin. Minji looked at his confused, yet happy facial expression, admiring every single one of his actions. "Why is there a picture of my favorite basketball player?" 

"Keep opening." 

He laughed and opened up the tab next to the first one, revealing his favorite soccer player this time, Ki Sung Yeung. He narrowed his eyes in more confusion, wondering why these pictures were there. He kept going, pulling all the tabs in order, which revealed all of his favorite athletes; his favorite baseball player, his favorite football player, his favorite ice hockey player, his favorite volleyball player, his favorite wrestler and his favorite rugby player. Before he opened the two last tabs, he smiled and said, "Ji Ji, you covered all my favorite sports already. What more can there be?" 

She sighed and pointed towards the lock of the side of the box, "Press that and open up the box." He slanted the box a little, pressing on the easy key that locked the box up. When it clicked, the box split in half, revealing the back side of all those pictures. 

He realized they were little photo cards with seven different signatures signed directly towards him.

Jong In! Thank you for being a fan, keep cheering and I promise I'll do well - Seung Jin. 

Dear Jong In, thank you for your support. Go Swansea city! - Sung Yeung. 

He slightly chuckled, reading all of the signat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter