Counter Threat

Yearning For Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about…”

Won Seuk: Are you sure your plan will be alright? Nothing will happen to Shin Hye?

Min Ho: I can’t be 100% sure but that was the plan and I think it will work. The only thing I need you to do is to make sure Shin Hye to be far away from Korea.

Won Seuk: That you don’t need to worry. We will be going to Beijing tomorrow. The trip will take 3 days. You have enough time to do what you need to do.

Min Ho: Good. Continue to keep her in the dark. I don’t want her to know a single thing first. I’ll tell her myself once everything is settled.

Won Seuk: You think I’m stupid? Because of that drunken incident, she is still ignoring me. I really not dare to imagine what she will do to me after she knows everything.

Min Ho: I’m okay if she hates you forever. That was actually one of my plans too.

Won Seuk: Aishhh… Lee Min Ho. You better remember you owe me this.

 

Min Ho let out a soft laugh after he ended the call. He looked up and his manager was standing in front of him with a file on his hand.

“Everything was settled and I just received the contract from KeyEast this morning.” Manager Han said as he passed him the file.

Min Ho took a look at the contract and nodded. “I didn’t know they are willing to pay me this much. I think I’m kind of expensive. I’m sure that old man’s eyes will pop out when he see this contract.”

“Never doubt your popularity now. I’m sure a lot of other agencies are willing to pay you that amount. You met with President Shin in KeyEast office yesterday. I think he should know about it by now since his people was watching you like 24/7. I’m sure he will contact you very soon.” Manager Han said.

“The sooner the better. I want to end this as fast as I can before Shin Hye came back from Beijing. Have you contacted President Jang?” Min Ho asked.

“I talked to his PA 2 days ago but he was still in New York for some business issue. I’ll send a copy of this contract to US once I get hold of him. But are you sure you need to alert him?” Manager Han looked at Min Ho as he took a sit next to him. 

“He’s my last and only hope to get rid of the old man once and for all.” Min Ho said sternly, looking determined.  

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Beijing, China

Song Won Seuk made his way to the door when someone pressed his hotel room doorbell. He was surprised to see Shin Hye standing outside.

“Wow. It’s 10 at night and a beautiful girl was standing at my door looking for me. We had been working together the whole day and you still miss me? I don’t mind if you want to share the same room with me tonight.” Won Seuk said cheekily.

Shin Hye was still glaring at him but her eyes looked even scarier when she heard what Won Seuk just said. “ert! Move! I need to come in to ask you something.” She pushed him hard to the side and walked into the room.

Won Seuk laughed as he closed the door and followed behind Shin Hye. She took a seat on the couch while Won Seuk sits on his bed, looking at her, still with his playful smile.

“That day when I was drunk, why do you send me to Min Ho oppa’s house? You know we had broken up. How can you leave me with him when I’m totally unconscious?” Shin Hye said angrily as her eyes still glaring at him.

“Then what you want me to do? You told me not to send you home if you were drunk. I can’t simply bring you to any hotel, right? I did thought of bringing you back my house but luckily I didn’t. Min Ho sunbae said he will kill me alive if I did. Your ex-boyfriend was kind of over possessive.” Won Seuk said.

“If you ask me, I’ll rather go to your house than his. If you didn’t tell him about me drunken with your big mouth, he wouldn’t know about it. And that morning…” Shin Hye stopped mid-sentence and her face turned blushing red.

Won Seuk narrowed his eyes as he walked to the couch and sit on the coffee table in front of her. “Why are you blushing? Omo. Something happened that morning? What did you guys do?”

Shin Hye shifted uncomfortably on the couch before she glanced over at him, her large, round eyes blinking at him, don’t know what to say. “W-What blushing? Your room is kind of hot, okay. And you better don’t try to change the topic. I still have something to ask you. When you send me over there that night, did you say anything about President Kim?”

It was Won Seuk’s turn who shifted uncomfortably on the coffee table now. He averted his gaze away from Shin Hye and made his way back to his bed. “What President Kim? Why would I talk about him? Yah! I promised you that I’ll keep your secret. I wouldn’t say it to anybody. You said you trusted me.”

Shin Hye narrowed her eyes and looked at him suspiciously. “Are you sure you didn’t say anything? Because that morning Min Ho oppa looked very weird. And those things he said to me were like he knew about it already.”

“Yah! Did you say anything when you were drunk? Maybe you are the one who told him.” Won Seuk said, trying to confuse her.

“If I did then it’s still your fault.” She glared at him as she walked to him and stood right in front of him with her forefinger pointed at his nose. “I still don’t trust you. You have to swear that you didn’t tell him anything on that night and wouldn’t tell him about it. If you lie to me, all your CF will be pull back and no new jobs for 2 years.”

Won Seuk widened his eyes in shocked. “What? For 2 years?” He sighed. Lee Min Ho, your girlfriend is just as scary as you. “Okay. I swear that I didn’t say anything to him on THAT NIGHT. If not all my CF will be pull back and no jobs for me for 2 years.” My dear God, I didn’t tell him about it on that night. I told him the next day. So technically I’m not lying.

“And I swear I wouldn’t tell him anything about it.” I didn’t really tell him but technically I’m telling Manager Han. So it doesn’t consider a lie, right?

“Satisfied? Can you leave now and let me rest? Tomorrow we still have an early schedule. Please go back to your room now.” Won Seuk said as he pushed her to the door.

Shin Hye glared at him again before she stepped out. She just doesn’t know why but she felt he was hiding something from her and it worried her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho chuckled when his manager told him that President Kim wanted to see him at his house. He took few hours leave from the movie director and went to his house directly. Manager Han was waiting in the van outside the house when President Kim’s PA led Min Ho to his study room.

When Min Ho stepped inside his room, he saw President Kim was sitting at his study table, not looking good. His evil smile was not seen on his face and Min Ho was sure he will look even worse after he hear what he was about to tell him.

Min Ho made his way to his study table and took a sit in front of him. His hand was holding the contract from KeyEast. He was looking straight into President Kim’s eyes with a smile on his face.

“I heard you want to talk to me. So talk. What you want to talk about?” Min Ho was the first to break the silence.

“I heard you met President Shin from KeyEast 3 days ago. As far as my concern, we do not have any business collaboration with them. And you didn’t inform your agency first before you meet him. May I know what did you guys discuss there?” President Kim asked, not looking pleased.

Min Ho chuckled before he threw the file he was holding on his table. “Take a look yourself. You will understand what we talk about that day after you see this.”

President Kim stared at him, looking uneasy before he took the file and read it. His face turned green with his eyes widened when he saw the contract. “Management contract with KeyEast? What are you thinking? Your contract with us hasn’t end yet. ”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter