The Time Of A Song

Yearning For Your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can’t calm the storm. So stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass…”  

Song inserted in this chap: Meet You Now by Lee Ki Chan (credit to owner)

 

Manager Han entered the pass code and was surprised to find Lee Min Ho’s house was so dark when he stepped inside. He closed the door behind him and quickly moved to the side to switch on the lights. When he made his way to the living room, he was shocked now seeing Min Ho sitting on the floor with his back leaned against the wall. His face looked pale and lifeless.

“Yah! What happened? Why are you sitting in the dark? Where is Shin Hye? You argue with her?” Manager Han asked as he looked around the house looking for Shin Hye. He squatted down in front of Min Ho and looked at his face. Only then he found out that his eyes were puffy and red.

“You cried? What happened? Since day one I started working with you, except when you were filming, I never seen you cry before. Please don’t scare me. Tell me what happened?” he asked, looking worried and concern.

Min Ho looked at him senselessly and slowly leaned his head against the wall as he closed his eyes. He let out a deep sigh. “We broke up.”

Manager Han widened his eyes as he opened his mouth but nothing came out. Although he wasn’t a big fan of Min Ho dating but he can’t deny that he was happy for him when that person was Park Shin Hye. Not to mention they looked cute together but the way Min Ho looked at her, he knows Min Ho was really serious about her this time. It was definitely different from the time when he was dating Park Min Young. He let out a long sigh before sitting on the floor besides him.

“Because of the photos? Don’t be so sensitive. I’m sure they were just having lunch. You had lunch with Park Sol Mi and Shin Dong Mi before. It doesn’t mean anything, right. It’s just lunch among colleagues. It’s normal. And I really can’t understand youngsters nowadays. Couples fighting are normal. I’m sure that broke up was just some emotional words slipped out when you guys were angry. Tomorrow will be okay.” Manager Han said as he patted softly on Min Ho’s shoulder.

Min Ho took a deep breath before turned to his manager. “I haven’t even started to question her about their lunch date yet. She was even pissed off than me. But that wasn’t the point. We didn’t actually argue. Everything she said today, it was like she has been thinking about it and has decided about it already. The way she looked at me, it was different from the last time we fight. I saw coldness, I saw emptiness and I saw sadness.” He chuckles sadly before he continued again. “She said she was tired. Tired about us. She wants an ordinary life that I couldn’t give her. She said she changed her mind. She was wrong about us. And most importantly, she realized that she doesn’t love me as much as she thought.” He felt that his tears were blurring his vision. “I love her. I love her so much that I’m willing to give up everything for her. I planned to work even harder in these 2-3 years before I enlist so we will have a better future and to have ordinary lives after that. But I guessed I was the only one who thinks about the future. She never plans to be with me that long.”

Manager Han felt a pang in his heart as he saw the tears welling in Min Ho’s eyes. He can feel the sadness and hurts he’s suffering now. “Don’t jump into conclusion yet. Although Shin Hye has just work with us for few months but we know her. You know her. But with all the scandals, crazy schedule and pressures, I think she was just exhausted and need time to think thoroughly. Give her more time. Give yourself more time. As long as she’s still working with you, and you can see her every day, everything will be alright. You still have a chance.” He assured him with a smile.

Min Ho closed his eyes tightly as he buried his head on his knees. At least she’s still by my side. I can still see her every day.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye was sitting in a cafeteria nearby the agency. It was only 7am and she was waiting for Song Won Seuk. He texted her last night asking how was she and he was worried about her. She knows she owe him an explanation or at least an apology.

She was playing with the bracelet with her mind full of Min Ho. Is he alright? She has never seen him looking so vulnerable since the first day they met. His tears were like sharp knife stabbing right into her heart.

She doesn’t need anybody to tell her how pale and tired she looked. She didn’t sleep for the whole night and the headache was killing her.

“You looked like a panda again today.”

Song Won Seuk’s voice shook her off from her deep thoughts. She straightens herself and looked at him apologetically. She wait until he ordered his drink, she cleared before she speak. “I’m sorry.”

Won Seuk tilted his head and narrowed his eyes at her. “The lunch was planned beforehand and all those flirtatious smiles, gestures were planned too. Am I right?”

Shin Hye dare not to look at him and shifted her gaze at her coffee, staring at it mindlessly.

“Mind to tell me why do you want to do that? From what I saw in the meeting room yesterday, I guess you and Min Ho sunbae should be dating, right? He looked like if killing a person isn’t breaking the law, he will kill me already. It doesn’t make any sense if you are the one who plan all this. What actually happened? Did someone force you or threatening you? You can trust me. Although I couldn’t help anything but at least you can find someone to talk to.” Won Seuk asked, looking at Shin Hye with concern.

Won Seuk let out a sigh when Shin Hye didn’t reply and just keep silent. “Did you argue with Min Ho sunbae yesterday? Do you need me to explain to him? I can do that.”

Shin Hye shook her head with a smile. “We broke up.”

“What? Just because of those photos? Then I should really explain it to him.” Won Seuk was surprised but he can’t deny there’s a slight happiness deep inside.

“It has nothing to do with you. And it’s really not important anymore.”

“But you doesn’t looked that the break up isn’t important to you. Are you sure you okay? You are working with him and you guys still have to face each other every day.” Won Seuk said.

Shin Hye chuckled as she looked at Won Seuk. “That will not be a problem too, very soon.”

And before Won Seuk could react, he was startled by his phone’s beep sound. It was a message from his manager, telling him that they will be having a meeting with President Kim at 10am later. Min Ho, Shin Hye and Manager Han were in the list too. He looked up at Shin Hye. “You know about the meeting later?”

Shin Hye sighed before nodded. The situation is just getting worse.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

By the time Shin Hye stepped into the meeting room, everyone included President Kim was already there. She can feel all the eyes were staring at her but what makes her most uneasy was Min Ho and President Kim in the same room together.

“Good morning Park Shin Hye-sshi. We are all waiting for you. Take a seat.” President Kim said, with his signature smile. The same evil smile that makes Shin Hye felt breathless.

She just bowed at him without replying. She looked up and the first person she saw was Min Ho. He was sitting beside Manager Han while Won Seuk and his manager was sitting opposite of them. By right, she should take a seat beside Min Ho but after today, that seat will not belong to her anymore. She averted her gaze from Min Ho slowly made her way to the sit beside Won Seuk. All four of them was surprised when she sit down beside him.

“Why are you sitting there?” Min Ho was the first one who broke the silence. If President Kim wasn’t there, Min Ho really wanted to drag her to the dressing room and do what he wanted to do the most now, pin her against the wall and kiss her senseless. He clenched his jaw when Shin Hye remained silent and doesn’t even look at him.

“Min Ho-sshi. Let’s start the meeting first. You will know later why Shin Hye-sshi was sitting there instead of sitting beside you.” President Kim said. He then let out a small laugh before he continued. “First of all, about the photos released online yesterday. Although most of you will think that it was a scandal but we should think at the positive side. After the photos were released, Song Won Seuk’s name was in the top 3 search on Naver. I believe more people got to know him now and getting interested. Since it doesn’t really cause a big impact, our agency will not release any statement for this incident. Another good news was Manager Choi just received a call from the China side this morning. The CF we have been discussing since last year was now confirmed to use Won Seuk. So, from next two weeks onwards, you will need to travel to China quite often. Congratulations.”

Shin Hye closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. It’s coming. Her heart was pounding so fast and hard now. She clenched her hands into fists, trying to control her trembling hands.

Song Won Seuk noticed her nervousness and looked at her then to President Kim. He wasn’t sure what’s going on but he can sense something about President Kim that makes Shin Hye feel so nervous, or even scared.

“Secondly, we need to discuss about Min Ho’s schedule. You will be having the LINE CF filming starting tomorrow and attend the KIA event in Qingdao, China next week. After that you will start filming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter