First Love Pt.3

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up. What the did that say to you?” Krystal asked back, as they were in the downstairs bathroom and locked themselves in so people wouldn’t see them. Krystal had found Minji crying by herself on the backyard deck, so Minji had just finished telling the entire story with the conversation she just Seohyun, so she got pretty angry when she heard that she was making her feel like Jong In didn’t love him. Slapping her back hands together, she said, “Listen, I know she claims that she knows Jong In really well because they knew each other since first grade and . But, she doesn’t ing know that Luna and I were the people who got you guys together. If I didn’t approve or didn’t hear the stories of how he felt about you, why the would I even let my best friend go with someone who doesn’t even fully love her? She’s insulting me by saying that too because it wasn’t even you or Jong In who tried to get together, it was mostly us because we knew you guys were too shy. We would not bring that drama upon you, we freaking love you guys, we wouldn’t do that.”

“I know, but she certainly doesn’t think that Jong In is over her. She was giving me reasons to tell me that Jong In wasn’t over her. ”

“Umm, she better be looking herself in the mirror if she really thinks he’s not over her,” Krystal aggressed, widening her eyes with full irritation. “First of all, we all knew Jong In had feelings for her when we all started becoming friends with him – it’s not like he was hiding it. It just so happens that he started changing his feelings towards you, so obviously we made the move to actually do something about it. Why would Luna and I do that to you if Jong In still had feelings for someone else? That would be such a ed up move if we actually did that. It’s not like you were desperate for him. Shoot, if you were desperate for him, it would not take over a year to actually start dating him. She’s talking like you don’t have any standards for yourself, my god, I’m about to go outside and cuss her out myself. I hate es like that, thinking they’re all of that and that guys are so head over heels for them.”

Minji stayed still as Krystal went on about how angry she was, when she was just feeling sadder for herself more than angry. “I mean, they have the same personality, while I’m so different from him. She does make a point that there’s a lot of reasons why he wouldn’t be over her.”

“Umm, they are so not the same,” Krystal opinionated, widening her eyes. “Jong In doesn’t have a cocky mindset. Okay, they have similar interests and similar personalities, but what the hell? Jong In is not a ed up person. Even if it wasn’t you, he’s not gonna date someone just so he can get over another girl. If he really was like that, you think I would do that to you, Minji? I would be a messed up friend doing that. You’re my best friend, I only want the best for you.”

“I know,” Minji said with a sigh, shaking her head. “Her words were pretty harsh though. Like damn, I know that he was pretty rough from that breakup but she made it sound like he came to me just so he could cope with the pain.”

“You didn’t believe her, did you?” Krystal questioned, looking at her swollen eyes. “I mean, you were crying, so that means you let it get to your head. Please don’t tell me you actually think Jong In still has feelings for her.”

“I was in the moment,” Minji said, looking directly into Krystal’s eyes. “She didn’t give me any space to say anything. She went from oh, you know Jong In is allergic to sesame seeds right. You’re inconsiderate, you don’t think about the little things. You actually wanted someone who made the effort to delete my picture off of Facebook, wouldn’t you think he has feelings for me? You dated him for one year, I dated him for five. Like damn girl, making me sound like a selfish girlfriend only wanting to show affection.”

“If I heard that conversation, she wouldn’t even continue talking with her bull,” Krystal said stressfully, face palming herself. “This is what happens when Gong Minji gets left with an arrogant .”

Pouting , Minji crossed her arms against her chest and said, “I don’t know what she wants to do now. Did she expect me to break up with Jong In after that conversation or something? Does she think I’m that unreasonable?”

“Trust me, if you guys were to break up, it wouldn’t even because of you two. We’d be the ones to deliver messages for you, goodness,” Krystal joked, making Minji glare at her lightly. Krystal looked at her and shrugged to say, “I’m just saying, I know you two aren’t gonna break up, so I don’t know why she’s putting all this crap into your head. Seriously though, if Jong In still had feelings for her, he’d make it mad obvious. There’s two types of guys with ex-girlfriends they’re not over. The first, he’d probably just ignore her the entire night and act bitter that she’s here, so that means he still cares and has feelings. And the second, he’d be all over her to show that he still has feelings for her. Shoot, he doesn’t go under any of those. He’s acting so normal by letting Jungkook, Joy and Ji Soo hang out with her, and letting her chill with the rest of his family. That obviously means he’s fine with her but he can’t hang out with her himself, that’s just awkward because they haven’t been friends ever since their breakup.”

“I need to stop overthinking it,” she said to Krystal, trying to tell herself about it. “Why did she have to be in the patio room the moment I got food for him? Why did I even pick up the tray that had sesame seeds in it? I should’ve been more careful with the damn sesame seeds. She found a reason to actually start the conversation with me putting something in his plate that he was allergic to.”  

“Don’t even stress it girl,” Krystal suggested, shaking her shoulders that shook her entire body to make her feel better. “I know he doesn’t show it, but remember that Jong In is similar to me. We may not be good at expressing our lovey dovey feelings but he does love you. Trust me, I was the person who got his messages about he felt about you. Stop worrying about what Seohyun is trying to put to your head because she’s obviously mad that she can’t get him back anymore. Freaking jealous girls piss me off.”

“You think she’s gonna do anything about it?” Minji asked worriedly, sulking . “Like, what if she tries to tell Jong In that I tried to kill him by putting sesame seeds in his plate or something?”

Squinting with a fed up tone, she replied, “Girl, Jong In may be stiff, but he ain’t stupid. He knows you well. He told you to put everything in the plate, obviously if he tells you that, then you’re gonna do it because he wasn’t being specific. The only thing Seohyun would try to do is him or something – she seems like one of those.” Widening her eyes with fear, Minji looked at Krystal and got scared if that actually were to happen. Krystal put her hand up in her face and went on, “Girl… That’s not gonna happen either. Do you see how big Jong In is? He could just give her one push and her body would go flying across his room. No need to worry about that.”

Just then, someone knocked loudly against the door, causing the two to jump for a second. Hearing that it was a female’s voice, she questioned from the opposite side, “Excuse me? Are you almost done with the bathroom? There are people waiting outside here. Are you doing drugs in there or something?”

Krystal glared at the door and replied loudly, “Umm excuse me. This is a bathroom. There are actions of urinating and bowel movement that need to be in this particular room. No one got time for drugs, what do you think this is?”

Since that answer amused her, Minji let out a chuckle and shook her head. Krystal continuously glared at the door and complained, “People think we have time for drugs in a bathroom at a graduation party.”

Heavily still thinking about what Seohyun told her, that basically stuck in Minji’s brain, even though she knew she was overthinking it. It just meant that his ex-girlfriend of five years still had feelings for him, which is what worried her the most even if he was still with her. Krystal looked at her uneasy face and grabbed her face, pushing it to actually push some sense into her. She sighed and said, “Girl… Jong In loves you. I know that for a fact. Sure, they knew each other longer, but I know for a fact that you made him fall in love with you. Stop overthinking it and stop being hard on yourself. You’re not a bad girlfriend. You just love showing how much you love him and there’s nothing wrong with that. I mean, you guys obviously learned how to adjust to each other. Isn’t that the most important thing to do in being in a relationship? To adjust with one another? You’re the one who writes love stories, you just should know this more than anyone.”

She tapped her fingers to each other, nodding her head to try her best to listen to Krystal on not being hard on herself. Sighing loudly, she just agreed, “Yeah. I guess so. Jong In knows I love him, right?”

“Girl,” Krystal responded with a straight face. “If he can’t see your love, then I don’t know what the he sees. That’s like you asking me if I see your love. If you don’t love us, then I don’t know what love is anymore.”

Chuckling at her response, Minji continuously sighed to herself. Feeling more relieved, she just now wanted to know what Seohyun was trying to get through her head. 

Looking around, Jong In saw that everyone was on their phones so he decided to pull his own out until Minji came back with his food. Once he pushed the button to turn his Galaxy Edge phone on, his screen lock picture was Minji holding a heart pillow when they went shopping together one time. He remembered that he had accidentally set it as a lock screen and he just kept it because it was a cute picture of her. He unlocked his phone typing the digits of his birthdate 0114, where his home screen opened up to a picture of him and Minji when he took her out for their one-year anniversary to go further away from Seoul, which was Jinhae.

He went to his Instagram first, since his phone was getting a lot of notifications from getting tagged in people’s pictures. Going to his profile first, he saw the group selfie that Chanyeol took when they were playing the game which had Chanyeol in the front, Krystal behind him, then Minji and Jong In the back. He laughed at the caption that read, Some of the greatest people in my life. I love them so much, muah muah. Shaking his head, he turned to Chanyeol and held up his phone to say, “Dude. I’m taking a wild guess you wrote this.”

Chanyeol a bit closer to get a better view and laughed it off. “Yeah man. Your captions are always so boring when you upload pictures. Only writing people’s names and crap. Like yes, I know that I’m Chanyeol.” He rolled his eyes and continuously looked at the pictures that were uploaded on his profile, since his friends loved taking his phone and hacking his Instagram sometimes. He saw a selfie of Krystal and Minji together with a caption that read, My girls. Love them so much, how would I live without them? He just laughed to himself, smiling widely at how amusing they were.

Chanyeol noticed Krystal’s picture and nudged Jong In to ask, “Yo. Does Krystal have an Instagram?”

Nodding his head, he answered, “Yeah, she does. You want her username?”

“Obviously man.”

“You into my friend or something?” He said, giving Chanyeol a skeptical look. Shyly responding, Chanyeol said, “Dude, I struggled to come sit next to her. Shouldn’t that answer your question? I have long legs, I could’ve easily sat with Chinaman right next to him.”

Skeptically looking at him still, he raised an eyebrow and went on, “If you’re into her, you’re gonna need a lot of approvals. Number one is Minji and number two… That’s me.”

“What are you guys? Her bodyguard or something?”

“We’re more than that. We’re best friends, homie. On top of that, she’s picky too. I know she was eyeing you and all, but that’s just the first step. You better make a lot of effort.”

Chanyeol nodded his head and replied, “Does moving back to Korea sound like an effort to you?”

With widened eyes, Jong In was taken aback and said surprisingly, “Damn dude, if you make that much effort, you can skip all the steps. I forgot you were Mr. Romance.”

“She is pretty cool though,” Chanyeol stated, thinking about his time with Krystal for the past hours. “It’ll be cool to get to know her more before I go back to America.”

“Just one thing,” Jong In said with a sigh, narrowing his eyes at Chanyeol. “You’re a sincere dude, right?”

“Do you see this face?”

“I do, all I can see is your teeth because you smile so much.”

He laughed at that comment and smiled more for Jong In, making them both laugh. Chanyeol sighed and honestly said, “Nah dude, I’m more than sincere. I can tell you now that I wear my heart on my sleeve, so there’ll be no heartbreaking on my part." 

“I know man, I’m just playing,” Jong In said, slouching his back down. “I know you’re sincere. I’ll never forget the day you cried when you found out your older crush who was in seventh grade got asked out to a dance. Man, you cried for so long, I had to buy you chicken soup in the lunch line. I had no money left after that.”

Scratching his head, Chanyeol was slightly embarrassed that Jong In still remembered that moment when they were in middle school. “Good times, right?”

“Definitely,” he responded, smirking at their conversation. “But if you want Krystal’s Instagram, try asking yourself. That’ll probably show more than you’re interested and that you wanna be a creep by following her pictures.”

“Bastard,” he insulted jokingly, gesturing to hit him. “I mean, if you made the effort to get a sweet girl like Minji, I’m sure I’ll find a way to get to Krystal. I just wanna get to know her more, she’s cute.”

“Okay, Mr. Romance,” he joked, snickering at the same time. “Shoot, everyone calls me stiff. No one knows my struggle with trying to get a girl like Minji. She may be a little monkey, but she’s so shy. She showed no feelings for me until I actually had to show my interest in her.”

“She’s reserved,” Chanyeol stated, smirking at him. “Wait a second, nevermind. By everything I just heard from the game, it seems like you guys are way passed reserved.”

Jong In just chuckled and blocked his face, rubbing it to absorb all that was revealed about their personal life of their relationship. Thank goodness it was his close friends, otherwise he’d be more flustered to get teased by random people. He saw Krystal coming back towards the television viewing area and mentioned the same thing to Chanyeol. “Remember to show you’re interested.”

“Okay,” he whispered back, cueing up the ‘ok’ gesture with his fingers. When Krystal came back, she looked at Jong In who was giving her a strange look so she asked, “What’s up man?”

“I can’t smile at you, fool?”

“Not with that ugly smirk on you face, fool,” she said, going back to sit in her original seat. He thought Minji was going to come right after, but he didn’t see her at all. As a matter of fact, he hadn’t seen her since he asked her to go get food for him, which was around ten or fifteen minutes ago. He turned to Krystal and tapped her in the arms, making her turn around.

“Where’s Minji?” He asked curiously. Before she could answer, Jong In heard Minji’s voice calling, “Jong In.” He turned around and saw her holding a plate full of food, along with an open beer bottle that was being handed over to him. “Here you go.”

Giving her a sweet smile and grabbing everything, he said, “Ah, thank you Minji. I was wondering what took you so long.”

“I just stopped to talk with someone,” she replied softly, still a little hurt by everything that was just put upon her. He still smiled and asked, “Who? It wasn’t Jimin again, was it?”

“No,” she answered, shaking her head. “I wish it was Jimin though.” That answer made him slide his head back with high confusion, as she made her way to sit back down into her seat next to Krystal. She sat back on the couch with a straight facial expression, leaning her back very close to the couch, linking her hands together to put on her lap. This gesture was quite odd to see because she seemed more stiff than usual, which never ever happened to her. She wasn’t even playing around with him, which was even more unusual. He coughed and adjusted his seat a bit, making sure his beer didn’t spill.

“You want any more food, Minz?” He asked, picking up a fork to begin eating. She looked at him and gave him a small grin, shaking her head to reply, “No thanks. I’m full already.”

Okay, this was just strange now. Usually when he asks her that, she would open purposely so he could feed her. She’s never once said no thanks to him. Now thinking back, when she came back to him, she also called him Jong In. That also doesn’t happen, because she calls him babe nearly all the time. He continuously looked at her while he was playing with his food, but she just looked blankly at the table, having no emotions right now.

“Hey,” he said, nudging her neck to make her turn around. When she did, he looked at her blank eyes and asked, “You okay?”

She smiled at him, making him know that it wasn’t really a real smile because of her sorrow eyes at the moment. But she answered him saying, “I’m good. I think I’m getting sleepy.”

“You wanna go take a nap in my room?”

“Nah,” she replied, shaking her head to deny the offer. “We’ll probably go home soon, I’m good.”

She definitely wasn’t her playful, affection self at the moment, which disturbed him quite a bit. He didn’t know what just happened, but all he knew was he didn’t like seeing this stiff side of Minji at all. It wasn’t his Minji.

Minji wasn't around when Jong In finally opened his graduation presents in front of mostly everyone in the dining room, which striked him a little because he wanted her there. He knew her and Krystal's gift were coming after, but he still felt uneasy that Minji wasn't next to him right now. 

He turned to look at Krystal after he finished opened Aunt Nari's present. She was standing next to Chanyeol right behind him and asked, "Where's Minji?" 

With a shrug and a slightly down face, she mouthed in reply, "Don't know." He looked around the room and bit the insides of his mouth, highly confused to where she would be. Jimin was standing right next to Jungkook in the corner, so she couldn't have been talking to anyone in particular. He scanned the room for a few moments, but there was still no sight of her.

Sighing to himself, he grabbed a next large sized present bag that was pink and purple, along with a transparent bow on the top. As he was about to open it, Seohyun, who was right across from him at the dining table called out, "Oh, Jong In." 

"Hmm?" He questioned, looking right at her. She nervously laughed and said, "Maybe you should save mine for later. My gift is not really an easy one to open, it might take a while to get through it." 

"This one's yours?" He asked, getting her to nod her head. He just stayed still and grinned at her and saying, "Alright then. Since you said it's not easy to open." 

"I don't mean to pry," Krystal added on, going closer to Jong In and looking at Seohyun, still angered at what she told Minji to make her sad. "But I think Jong In has the choice to open what he wants and when he wants. I don't think he should be demanded to open your present last." 

Even though Jong In agreed with what Krystal just said, he just held on to her wrist so she wouldn't have to say anything else. He mouthed to her, "It's fine, don't waste your time on her." An irritated Krystal stepped back next to Chanyeol, keeping straight expressions on their faces because they were both uneasy to her trying to get Jong In's attention so much. Especially Krystal after hearing Minji's story on what Seohyun said to her. 

Slightly looking at Seohyun's determined face to get him to open her present last, he was starting to wonder what she really was trying to do. She was just acting strange at this point. 

"What?" Jong In questioned to Krystal with his mouth hung open, after hearing the entire story Minji had transferred to her, and now was distributing for him to hear. "She said that to Minji?" 

"Believe it or not, yeah," Krystal responded, still pretty angry by the entire thing. "That's why she's been hiding. I think she's taking it pretty hard on herself, so she's trying not to cry in front of everyone." 

"I believe it, but are you saying she believes what Seohyun told her?" 

"We all know how Minji gets," she stated, leaning against the counter to talk to him more clearly. "One snap and she breaks. Minji's not even mad at Seohyun, she's sad at the fact that she doesn't think she's a good girlfriend. And Seohyun did a pretty good job on giving reasons to why you could've possibly still had feelings for her. It was about you erasing her pictures from Facebook and all of her pictures on your folders in your computer." 

He shook his head in disbelief, wanting to know what Seohyun wanted from him. If she wasn't over him, she shouldn't have even come to cause trouble and pain to his girlfriend... It just wasn't right and he didn't like that. He narrowed his eyes quite agitated and asked, "What does me erasing her pictures out have to do with how I feel about her? When I still liked her, yeah, I kept her pictures. But when I moved on to Minji, I obviously erased it. Not because I was afraid of Minji being jealous, but it was only because my feelings were done. There was no point in keeping them. I felt nothing when I got rid of them and I don't regret it at all. It was just, I have Minji now, so there's no point in keeping them."

"Well, she certainly didn't put it that way."

"What the is she trying to do?" 

"She's not over you, Jong In," she stated, letting out a deep sigh. "Girls who aren't over their exes do weird and they don't care if it ends up hurting other people. The only person hurt right now is clearly Minji, whose taking it way too hard on herself." 

"I just can't believe she came all the way to my graduation party just so she could do all of this." 

"The thing that I'm confused about," Krystal started, pointing at herself. "Why the would she break up with you if she still had feelings for you? Okay yeah, I understand you're going to study abroad for four years, but she wasn't trying to make that work out? I mean, I'm not saying that it should've worked out because I love you and Minji together, I'm just trying to think of the past. She brought it upon herself to break up with you, so why the hell does she think she can come back and still claim feelings for you? It's just a y move, especially now that you have Minji. Her going to Minji is way worse than telling you that she has feelings for you." 

"I really don't care about the breakup at all," he said, linking his hands together. "I could care less that she's here. I'm only talking to her like an acquaintance because I don't know what to say after not seeing her for four a half years. I'm just more concerned about how Minji feels. She locked herself in the bathroom, I can't even get her out." 

"Interesting ex-girlfriend you have yourself, Jong In." 

"It's just worse because she made Minji feel like she was so much more different than me," he said, rubbing the bridge of his nose stressfully. "We all know that Minji gets sensitive when people point out that she shows too much love or affection to me. She always worries about me being annoyed, so if Seohyun really put it that way, that's the only thing Minji is going to think about." 

"She always has insecurities about people not loving her," Krystal replied, sighing a bit. "I understand where you're coming from because you're the type of guy that doesn't show your feelings, but she obviously does because she's affectionate. Minji is always going to be afraid of losing you, Jong In. I mean, I come first in this equation but you get what I'm saying. She's a sensitive girl, so if your ex-girlfriend of five years comes to say this to her, she's bound to crack. You just have to make sure that you still love her. I know you guys a strong couple, but it doesn't hurt to be sweet once in a while to her. She needs it sometimes." 

"Yeah, I know."

Krystal glared at him and pointed to his face. "And by sweet, I don't mean by you two having and you become sweet."

"Woman," he aggressed his tone, twisting his mouth at her. "I know that already. I guess it's time to clear some feelings with them. Seohyun needs to go somewhere with claiming her feelings for me and saying that I still have feelings for her, which is so invalid. I got over that years ago."

"Because of Minji, right?" she teased, cooing at him with finger gestures. He rolled his eyes and snickered, "Why would you even ask me that when you already know?" 

"So, are you gonna clear it up?" Krystal questioned curiously. "First things first, you need to get your girlfriend to stop being sad."

"Yeah, I'm gonna clear it up with both of them." 

"Seohyun too?" 

He nodded his head in reply, making her stay silent, which meant she actually agreed. Jong In sighed to himself and thought heavily to what he was going to say to Seohyun. Even though his feelings were completely gone, he had to make her know and realize that it was never going to come back to her, and how much he did not appreciate her saying things to his girlfriend that was blown completely out of proportion. Minji was the girl he loved now and was madly in love with, it was not Seohyun, and it was not going to go back to Seohyun. 

He looked at Krystal and said, "The only way Minji is gonna come talk to me is if you or Luna help me out. She's obviously afraid for me to see her sad because she wants to act like she's not, so you guys are my only hope."

"What do you want us to do?" 

He continuously looked at her and leaned closer in, so he could tell her. At the moment, Jong In really didn't care about Seohyun. He wanted Minji to go back to her regular, hyper and smiley self, and made sure she knew that he loved her so much. Also, he wanted to say everything he could to why she was a good girlfriend to him, but if she wasn't coming out from locking herself up, the only people she would come out to was Krystal and Luna. 

Walking slowly through the hallway of all the bedrooms upstairs, Minji slowly made her way to get to Joy's room as quietly as she could. Krystal had told Minji that she forgot her eyebrow makeup pouch in Joy's room since she did her makeup, so she came upstairs to get it for Krystal since she was stuck talking to someone downstairs. Minji wasn't sure where Jong In was, but she was afraid he'd be in his room since she did not want him to see her swollen and puffy eyes from crying so much because of Seohyun. Since Jong In was the first room on the right after the stairs, she walked passed the door, telling herself that she succeeded from him not being in there. That all changed when the door opened and Jong In pulled on her arm from behind, making her eyes go big in shock. She turned to look back at him as he stood at his doorway, so he forcefully grabbed her in his bedroom. Once she was in, he locked the door to make sure she couldn't go anywhere, and that no one could barge in this time.

"Jong In," she called, with hung open. He saw her swollen eyes which worried him more because she was stressing herself about reasons that she shouldn't be stressed about. He went closer to her and asked, "Minz. Why didn't you just come to me when Seohyun talked to you? Why did you have to hide the conversation that you had with her?" 

"Krystal told you?" 

"Yeah, because I wanted to know where my girlfriend was," he rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter