First Love Pt. 1

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, I couldn't stay away from my two babies, Kai and Minzy - so I wrote another one shot on them. It's specifically towards them, so it's quite long because I was feeling some type of way with them, haha. Hope you likey. :D This is only part one, part two should be coming soon. 

On a day where the skies were blue and the sun was shining, standing in front of a haunted house at a carnival, Krystal and Luna were both pushing Minji to go in the building with them with all of their might. Minji whined loudly and shook her head. "Guys, guys, guys. Can I just please wait outside for you? You know I hate haunted houses." 

"Girl," Krystal called, still shoving her to get into the line, which was messing up her long black hair. "We are all going in together as a group. We are not leaving you out here alone. What kind of friends would we be leaving you alone like that?" 

"Good friends because if I stay out here, I won't get a heart attack. But if I go in there with you guys, my heart will get an attack," she stated, raising her voice loudly at them. She tried to be intimidating, but Luna and Krystal just stared at her with a straight face. Out of the three girls, no one was ever intimidated by Minji. No matter how mean or demanding she tried to be, no one ever took it seriously because everyone knew how she was. 

"It won't be that bad," Luna added, pulling her by the arm, and blowing a piece of hair out of her face to go back to her short, dark gray hair. "We'll put you right in the middle and put Jong In right in front of you. So pull, choke and kick all you want when the ghosts pop out at you." Luna referred to Jong In, Minji's boyfriend for over a year now, who was obviously there with them because they were in the same group of friends. He was currently standing next to Lay and having their own side conversation about a race car game, but when he heard his name, his eyes widened with curiosity, so he poked his head into the circle. "What about me?" 

"Yah, why would they pop out at only me?" Minji questioned, furying her eyebrows at them. Even though they suggested to put her boyfriend in front of her, she was still terrified and frightened by haunted houses no matter what. The only reason why was because it was a haunted house they had to walk through and no matter what ages it was suited for, she didn't like things popping out at her. Everyone knew that, so she didn't know why they had to drag her in with this. 

Luna laughed and answered, ignoring Jong In's question, but that wasn't anything new. "Umm number one, you're in the middle. They'll know you'll be scared by where we placed you. Number two, you'll be clinging on to one of us until our arms get bruised, and number three, have you seen your face? You're mad easy to read when you're terrified."

"And you guys are still putting me through this," Minji responded bluntly, glaring at her two best friends. Krystal laughed and pulled Jong In right next to Minji, telling her, "Your boyfriend is right over here. He can protect you by standing in front." 

As Krystal was tugging onto the long sleeves of his black sweatshirt, he chuckled and looked at her. "You want me to die or something?"

Narrowing her eyes in confusion, she questioned, "How would you die? You're not even afraid of ghosts or things popping out at you."

"I mean, if the ghosts can see me," Jong In joked, making Luna and Krystal glare at him as he was sidetracking with trying to get Minji to go in the house. Jong In knew his girlfriend quite well, so the only reason she would go in the house was that she felt bad since everyone wanted her to go in. If he could recall, the last time she ever went in a haunted house with them was October of 2012, which was almost three years ago. They were already friends but not the best of friends, but that was the day that brought them really closer together. He looked at them and shrugged, continuing on, "If they can't see me, they won't be able to pop out at me." 

Krystal groaned and said, "Them not being able to see you does not prove my point. I obviously know you're not gonna die because they pop out at you. Shoot, your face is beyond scary, they would probably be too intimidated to pop at you. I'm sure they don't wanna get punched."

"Well, I'm obviously not gonna die of being scared of them, because those fake ghosts, goblins and zombies are nothing to me," he corrected, shaking her shoulders, feeling the fabric of her blue flannel shirt. "But do you not see this this sweatshirt? It has a hoodie. Therefore, when Minji is behind me, she will grab onto the hoodie where it will result in me choking. You putting me through my death list by making her be behind me in a haunted house."

"Boy, we all dying with you if we bring Minji to the haunted house with us," Krystal corrected, jokingly glaring at him, as Jong In took his hands off of her. "It's not like she's gonna cling onto you only. Shoot, she loves me more anyway. She would find the opportunity to hug me while she's at it." 

He glared at her and said, "Yeah, but you're putting her behind me woman. I'll be the first to go." 

Lay came into the conversation after listening for so long and finally added in, "Dude. If she could, she'd probably make us carry her through the haunted house just so she wouldn't have to see anything."

"She'd have her eyes closed anyway during the time we carry her," Jong In replied, making everyone chuckle. Luna widened her eyes in excitement and added in, "Oh my gosh, such a good idea. Jong In, give your girl a piggy back ride while we all walk through the house." 

"I don't have time for that," Jong In replied back, raising an eyebrow at her. Luna just shrugged, still thinking that it was a decent idea for Jong In to give her a piggy back ride through the haunted house. She pursed her lips and nodded her head. "Minji would love that, and it would be pretty entertaining for my eyes to see that."

"Your eyes are getting no entertainment, fool," he confirmed to Luna, making her grunt at him. "Dude, if I give her a piggy back ride, none of you will see her. It'll be dark and , and I'm pretty sure she'll be kicking whoever is on the side of her everytime some sound effects play."

"Umm hello?" Minji spoke up, raising her hands, assuming that the four of them forgot about her because they were negotiating without her consent. "Did you ask this girl yet if she even wanted to go in? I don't want a piggy ride from Jong In through a haunted house. If I want a piggy back ride from him, I'd do in a more romantic setting, my gosh." 

"Did you ask me first about giving you one?" Jong In questioned jokingly, making his girlfriend glare at him. At this point, Minji was so used to Jong In not being romantic to her. She didn't mind at all though because he took care of her well and he was sincere to her, so she didn't mind that he wasn't able to express his romantic feelings to her as much. He always made her happy all the time, so she could care less about him not being romantic. When he made the comment, she only pinched his cheeks to make sure it hurt him, but it only made him chuckle. He only laughed at his scaredy cat girlfriend, going towards her to stand next to her. She looked at all of them and questioned, "Why don't you guys just go in? I can eat onion rings or something while I'm waiting. Eating is so much better than walking through that horror house." 

Luna sighed and replied, "This is a carnival anyway. How scary can a haunted house be when it's at a carnival? Little kids are here. It's not like the haunted hospital thing Jong In, Lay and I went to when we were high school. That was the real scary ." 

Jong In only shrugged and said, "It wasn't that bad."

"Yeah, beacuse your face was too intimidating like them, so they didn't bother with you," Luna teased. Lay chuckled and shook his head, "Yeah dude, I so agree with that. That one was scary, they targeted me and Luna like crazy."

"That's because you guys were running like maniacs clinging onto each other. If I didn't know any better, you guys would be a part of the act of the haunted hospital. The characters that were put in the psychatric ward, you guys look liked them anyway." 

"At least they could see us," Luna and Lay said in unison, referring to Jong In's tan skin that they always made fun of. Jong In, Luna and Lay were best friends since elementary school, ever since they helped Lay get used to Korea since he moved from China at such a young age. They were the type of friends who were really blunt and really stiff with each other, but it was out of love. Especially with Luna, since Lay and Jong In considered her as one of the guys. And all of their group of friends made fun of Jong In, no matter who it was. 

Jong In only laughed and leaned against Minji's body, silently whining to her but he didn't let anyone else see. Jong In was really only affectionate when it was just the two of them (if anyone could call it affectionate), because he was shy about being sweet in front of people, since he wasn't considered as a sweet person. Minji however, along with Lay, was the sweetheart of group, obviously the girl version. She didn't care about being affectionate in front of people, but she also didn't want to make it awkward for her friends, so she tried her best to be like Jong In by not being so touchy and sweet. It was hard sometimes, because Jong In always stood there so cute for her to play around with. Looking at him now, she pouted as she saw him whine to her about Luna and Lay's comment, chuckling and grabbing onto his waist to hug to, since he was many centimeters taller than her, that's all she could reach for right now. As she turned around to look at all three of them, she just twisted in fear and shook her head. "Those ghosts always see me, and they always come for me. So, can you guys please leave me out here? I'll be fine. There's food." 

Shaking his head, Lay only said, "Guys, if Minji doesn't want to go in, then we shouldn't force her. She clearly would rather stay outside than go in there, even if we're in a big group of people. Just let her do what she wants." 

Luna and Krystal squinted their mouth at him with a dissatisfied look, knowing that he went there again. Everyone knew Lay was a sweetheart but at the same time, he always came to the rescue at the wrong time, which made made him look good and made Krystal and Luna look not so good. Luna went next to him and grabbed his neck from behind, clenching his teeth. "Listen, I know you're trying to be Prince Charming and coming through on your white horse to save a Princess, but dude, Minji's never been in a haunted house with us. The last time she waited in the car by herself and you know how bad we felt? We ain't gonna make her wait outside at a carnival by herself now looking like a loner." 

"I went one time," Minji stated loudly, making sure they heard. "I remember it vividly. It was October 31, 2012 and I peed my pants." 

The four of them laughed at her comment since it was true, while Krystal responded after laughing. "Girl, it's Februray 2015 right now. You need to live a little."

"Yeah, I won't be living if you bring me in that house," she said, narrowing her eyes at her best friend since freshman year. "And trust me, if I go in there, I won't be tugging onto Jong In. You're my target I'm gonna hold onto. Watch me love you, girl."

"Nah, nah, nah. I'm gonna throw you back to your boyfriend, Kim Jong In. If he doesn't take you, then I'm throwing you to Zhang Yixing. He'll probably take you. Girl, you know if I hug you, I will throw you to one of them."

Minji slid her eyes over to look at the guy she called her twin, since their personalities were exactly alike. Taking her hands off of Jong In's waist, she went over to Lay and wrapped his arms around his shoulders and pointed to him. "Uh yeah, this twinsy of mine loves me. He has a better chance of carrying me through the haunted house more than Jong In, because he's Zhang Yixing, aka everyone's sweetheart." Lay only laughed and crossed his arms, not knowing what to say after Minji's sweet remark. Lay and Minji were best friends as well, thanks to Jong In. When Jong In and Minji met first in March of 2012, they were both taking an acting class for a Fine Arts requirement. Even though they weren't as close as they were a while before they started dating, they always chose each other for being partners, so they did work outside of class together. Since Jong In and Lay were best friends already, Lay would sometimes join them in the library or in the cafeteria when they worked on their project, so Minji and Lay became friends after a few times meeting each other. 

Then after, when Lay and Minji found at that they both could dance, Lay invited Minji to join a dance club with him that he was a part of for an extracurricular activity while she was still a freshman, and since Lay was a sophomore, he'd been part of it for a year that time. She agreed because she loved to dance. Ever since then, Minji and Lay became really close, which brought Jong In and Minji even closer, even though Jong In wasn't in the dance club with them. Even though Jong In was stiff and quiet at times, he was always the person people invited to go to their parties, because he was just that popular. Minji always felt like a loser compared to him because he had so many friends, but in the end, she'd rather have her Krystal, Luna, Jong In and Lay more than anyone. That's all that ever mattered to her, and she knew Jong In loved her so she didn't ask for much more. 

That's how they all became part of the same group of friends. Krystal and Minji were also two entirely different girls with different personalities, but now being upcoming seniors in college, they considered each other soul sisters. Krystal and Minji met before anyone else in the group, being in the same film class that they both had to take as a requirement. During the same semester but after Krystal's meeting, Minji had met Jong In, who was already friends with Lay and Luna, so basically all five of them became part of the same group of friends. Well, at this point, they were all best friends now. That obviously excludes Minji and Jong In since they were the couple of the group of friends, but they all started out as friends first, so nothing was awkward at that point. Minji considered Jong In as her best friend anyway, now he was the best friend that she was in love with. 

Finally giving up, Luna let out a deep sigh and asked, "You're really not gonna go in with us?" 

"I'd rather wait by myself than go in a haunted house with ghosts popping at me. They always target me too, I hate that," Minji complained, pouting . "I'm so serious guys, I don't want you to hurt you guys going through that house. I'll be right here."

"I'll stay with Minji myself," Jong In offered, making everyone turn to look at him. "That way she won't be outside alone. " 

"Yo dude," Krystal added in, sassing her tone. "If you said that from the beginning, we wouldn't have dragged Minji's for the past ten minutes. We didn't want her to stay outside alone, that's why we were dragging her, fool." 

"You guys didn't ask me." 

With fed up grunts, Krystal and Luna could only roll their eyes at typical Jong In. He secretly chuckled at their reaction, giving a smirk to Minji, making his girlfriend roll her eyes as well. Luna and Krystal just linked arms with each other and sneered at Jong In. Krystal pointed to him and gave him a death glare once more. "Whose best friend is that? He's not my best friend. Who is he? Can he even be part of our group? We're way too cool for him." 

"I don't claim him," Luna added on, raising her hand. "I take everyone but him, he ain't my best friend."

"I don't want him either," Lay joked as well, walking behind Krystal and Luna to join them. After the three of them were together, Krystal scrunched her face up and pointed at Minji to say, "Looks like you're stuck with that one." 

Minji cutely moved closer to Jong In and joked, "I mean, if no one else wants him, I don't mind taking him. He's not that bad."

"Okay, okay, okay," Luna concluded, turning her back towards the haunted house. "The line is gonna get too long. Let's go, let's go. We'll see you guys in a bit." With that, Lay, Luna and Krystal walked towards the haunted house all together, leaving Minji and Jong In outside of the carnival, stuck on what to do next. They looked at each other for a second, then started walking towards a different direction together, deciding on what to do while waiting for them. 

"You could've gone in with them, you know?" Minji said, looking at him sweetly. "I would've been fine out here. I can just sit and wait at that bench, and eat a corndog." 

He chuckled at her and shook his head. "Nah, it's fine. They already have a decent group of people, so I'd rather stay out here with you. Besides, those three would put me in the front anyway. So when the ghost pops out at me, I can just wave to them and be like, what's up dude. Since all the characters in there will fail at getting me scared, Krystal and Luna will come out complaining that I was not worth using five tickets for." 

"I know. You make all the characters in the haunted house waste all their energy popping out at you and you just stand there giving them a straight face."

"Not only a straight face Minz," Jong In stated, tilting his head closer to hers. "Don't forget I say what's up to them." 

"You lucky you cute," she complimented with a joking glare. "Otherwise, those zombies will probably swear at you."

"I don't think those zombies find me cute."

"Well, I find you cute so my statement is valid right now. If I was one of the ghost characters working in the haunted house, I'd probably only target you because you're so cute," she said, making him smile at her adorable scrunched up face everytime she becomes sweet with him. He only sighed and replied, "Yeah, you'd probably get fired then for not doing your job correctly." 

Minji could only laugh at his commented and continued on, "Maybe that's why they target me in haunted houses. They probably think I'm cute or something." 

Jong In laughed at her ridiculous statement, knowing she was being sarcastic. "Minji, I don't think think they scare people because they look cute. Besides, they're mostly dudes. If they find me cute when they come for me, that is just not a pleasant thing to think about. And the last time I went into a haunted house, that guy with the bag of chips in front of me did not qualify as cute in my book." He had remembered the last time he went into a haunted house was when he went to an amusement park with Lay and Luna just a few months ago, there was a middle aged man who came by himself and held a big bag of chips throughout the entire walkway. 

Minji lightly punched him in the stomach, where she felt her hand hit against his solid abs. He reflected back a little, since Minji's hitting never hurt him anyway, but he jumped from the sudden whack at him. She tried to give him a demanding face, but it came out funny instead. "Don't be mean, Kim Jong In. Everyone can be cute, it just depends on how you look at a person. Maybe those zombies found that guy cute, so they jumped out at him. If I were one of those zombies, I'd jump out at you because I find you cute."

"You think everyone is cute though." 

"Umm yeah, but I find you the cutest, get it?" 

"I know you find me cute Minz, but I don't know where is this conversation getting to. We're talking about zombies popping out at people in haunted houses because they're cute, then you call me cute if you were one of of those zombies," Jong In said, waving his hand at her, which made her laugh. She grabbed his finger that was waving in her face and shook his hand around with it, trying to play around with him. She pointed with her other hand and questioned, "I always think you're cute though. I'm cute to you too, right?" 

"Mhm."

"Yah Jong In, come on. Give your girl a compliment or something. Krystal dressed me up nicely today and I haven't seen you ask about my new top, and she did my make-up," she stated, pursing her lips while waiting for a response from her stiff boyfriend. She always loved to joke around with him like this though, because he was so stiff - it added a lot of more jokes on her part while he just answered his usual answers because he was too shy to be affectionate. He never minded it though because he found it funny that she was being sweet to him on purpose and she found it funny that he answered so stiffly. Their relationship was always like that since they were friends, so it just added up now that they're were dating. None of them changed though, she was still the sweet girl who showed her feelings a lot while Jong In was the quiet and stiff guy who didn't show his feelings as much, but he was considered a good boyfriend in everyone's book. 

Nodding his head, Jong In grinned at her and agreed, "Krystal dressed you up nicely today and she did your make-up. Is that a new top you're wearing?" Minji glared at him, knowing his repetition of words was clearly sarcastic for her. She grabbed his face and shook it around and began to , "You are so sweet, it hurts me sometimes how sweet you are." 

"Ah you didn't know what I was hiding under all of this?" Jong In joked, pushing his face closer towards his girl. "This is a sweet man right here, you just don't see it."

"Oh definitely," she said with a sneer, crossing her arms against her chest. "Krystal's cat shows more affection for me, and she's a cat." 

Jong In could only laugh at her, shaking his head in a highly amused way. He grabbed onto her hand and looked at the top she was wearing, which was an umber gray oversized sweater that had a few cutouts on the upper arm along with black leggings and boots. Minji looked at him to see his response at what she was wearing, seeing what stiff, unromantic and joking comment he would make with her - she also smiled at him, enjoying the feeling of him grabbing onto her hand, since he didn't do that often. Nodding his head, he finally said, "Why is it ripped?" 

Glaring at him with a bothered face, she slid her eyes to look at the sleeve part of the sweater, that had five stylish rips that showed a little of her pale arms. When she turned back to look at him, she answered, "It's not ripped babe. It's style." 

"I guess," he replied with a shrug. "Well, you look pretty in anything anyways. Just as long as you're not wearing that other shirt that shows your stomach and your arms. That shirt worries me." 

"The black one?"

"Mhm." 

"I like that one though," she stated, pouting like a little kid. "I only wear it during summer though since it matches most of my shorts. And I can wear it with sneakers. Krystal said it looked cool, so I go along with whatever she says since she's the fashionista in this friendship." 

"That's why I said that shirt worries me. I know Krystal dresses the best in our friendship, but sometimes you guys can't show too much skin. For Krystal, I gotta beat all the guys who try to holler at her when we go clubbing and for you, I just gotta be on the lookout for every guy who lays their eyes on you. I don't like that." 

"Aw, you're such a good friend to her. I don't see you protecting Luna when we go clubbing." 

"Well, Luna doesn't need my help because she's Luna - that girl can take care of herself, so she's off the list. Krystal, her and I are mad awkward on the dance floor together while you, Lay and Luna are in your own dancing world. Whenever a guy starts to hit on her, I'm the only one she can grab. Unless she takes off a heel and throws it at one of the guys, I'm pretty sure I'm the best bet to make a creepy guy get away from her." 

Laughing a little bit, Minji started to remember a few months ago, Krystal was getting hit on at a club by a really older guy, so she called Jong In to go help her out since Lay wasn't around. The best Jong In could do was put his arms around Krystal in front of that guy, which might have been stupid for the two of them since they were both not affectionate people, but at least it got the creepy guy away. Minji smiled at him and said, "I know, you're the best bet for everyone to get a creepy guy away from. Lay is too busy being confused all the time and when Mino joins our group, he doesn't necessarily do a good job of getting creepy guys away. If anything, the creepy guy starts to fall for him instead."

"This is what I get for not dancing on the dance floor," he stated, sighing dramatically. "It results in me being everyone's bodyguard."

"You're a good bodyguard though," she said sweetly, pulling on the string of his black hoodie. "Not to mention, a good looking one." Jong In only nodded his head and smiled, scratching the bridge of his nose. Standing very close to him, Minji continued, "No one knows my man can dance though. I don't know why you don't show off how good you dance to people. You look good when you dance." 

He shrugged and answered, "I just don't like showing people I dance, Minz. I don't like the feeling of people watching me, it's weird."

"I'm just saying you look good when you do dance. But it'll be kind of weird if you ever start break dancing on stage one day. People will just be confused." 

"Nah, you look better," he said sweetly, making her gaze towards his direction. He smirked at her and flirted, "I stick to showing only you my dancing. It's not awkward with you."

"It's not awkward because you dance well, duh." 

"Yeah, but I'm still not showing it in front of people," he confirmed, making her roll her eyes. "I stick to asking you if my hip movements are right, okay?" 

Becoming slightly erted, Minji stuck his tongue at him and grabbed onto his waist, pulling him closer. He looked down at her with a questioned face to see what she was doing, because he thought she was going to give him a kiss. Instead she said, "Your hip movements are always right though." 

He widened his eyes a bit awkwardly, pursing his lips and going closer to her face. "Are we talking about dancing anymore?" 

"Maybe... Maybe not," she answered with a erted thought, but innocently wandering her eyes around his face. He chuckled and gave her a quick peck on the lips, since it's probably what she wanted from him during that moment. They then pulled away from each other, continuing to walk through the carnival. Minji looked around on what to eat, while Jong In decided on what ride they should go on while waiting for them. Jong In looked back to see where the three of them were placed in line and saw that they were almost near the door. He turned back around and commented, "How long do you think the haunted house walk will take for them?"

She looked back for a few seconds then back and answered, "I don't know. It looks small. If they run, then I'd say thirty seconds."

"They wait twenty minutes for a thirty second walk. If they wanted something to pop out at them, they should have just hired me to do so." 

She stared at him with a straight face and shook her head. "Trust me babe, none of us want that. I don't think you would waste your energy doing make-up and dressing up just to come scare anybody. You're too lazy to start with that." 

"You should've gone in with us, Minz. I don't mind holding your hand if we're in a dark place like that."

She glared at him again and pulled on his hoodie, threatening to choke him. She sarcastically giggled and said, "You can admit you wanna hold my hand sometimes, okay babe? It's only the two of us, the others aren't here to hear about your sweetness. And trust me, they don't believe me when I tell them you can be sweet." 

"Why are you so terrified of haunted houses anyway?" Jong In questioned. "I remember you going into a haunted house with me too. We weren't even dating yet, you seemed to survive. It was the date you told everyone, Halloween of 2012."

"Umm, correction... I barely survived. The only reason I went was because of you, fool. You can't blame me for crushing on you that time, I had to do something to get your attention. You went into the damn haunted house and that Sulli girl was about to join your group, I wasn't having that." The last haunted attraction they all went together to fell exactly on Halloween Day, when Jong In and Minji were friends, but not the closest. Well, after that day they got pretty close. This particular attraction was a popular haunted school that was set for older kids, so it was pretty scary, especially for a girl like Minji. However, so many people went in that day that they only allowed four people to go in together at a time because it would be a mess if everyone went in at the same time. At first, Minji was with Krystal, Luna and their other friend, Minah. But then she ended up joining a group with Jong In, Lay and another one of their friends, Sehun thanks to the help of Krystal and Luna since they knew Minji was crushing on Jong In since her first semester. 

"That's why you casually made your way into my group?" Jong In asked again, remembering that hauted house's system of having four people at a time. "Because it looked pretty smooth by the way you joined, acting like you got lost and had to join our group." 

"Krystal and Luna was the one to make me casually join you guys. I didn't stop them because they were trying to help a shy girl out and I wanted to be in the group so Sulli didn't have to be all over you," Minji replied, rolling her eyes. She was so happy that Sulli did a foreign exchange program in a different country, otherwise she would've been all over Jong In. Everyone knew about Sulli's crush and obsession with Jong In that time, so Minji was only afraid that he would actually like her back because she was showing a lot of affection for him. That time, she wasn't so sure if a guy like Jong In would fall for girls who made the first move, but she was still cautious because she didn't know what to expect from a guy like him. That's why she had to stop that from happening, even though her crush on Jong In was small that time. So when Krystal and Luna suggested that they would help Minji join his group of friends that time, she didn't really disagree. She pointed at him and went on, "So if that didn't happen, we probably wouldn't even be dating right now." 

"Oh trust me, I'm pretty sure you would find other ways to casually join my group on other days. That day you just got lucky Mino was fine with joining a group of shrieking girls." 

"Yeah, but don't lie. You thought I was cute that day, right?" Minji asked jokingly, pulling out her cutesy face and flickering her sweet eyes at him. He smirked at her and rubbed her head to reply the usual response that he said to her, "Yeah yeah yeah."

"Shoot, if I didn't make the effort to join your group," Minji started, explaining with hand gestures by waving her fingers back and forth between them. "This right here... You and I... Would probably still be at the talking stage in our relationship. Don't be acting like you regret letting Mino leave the group and having me join you guys."

"I didn't say I regret it, but you know Mino's stupid will never stop reminding us that we sacrificed him to go to the group of screaming girls just to take you. Watch at our wedding day when Mino makes his speech for us, I swear he will mention it. He even said he will mention it." 

Slightly becoming shy, she flustered when Jong In mentioned the word wedding. That meant so much to her that the thought was even in his head. She tried not to act too excited, so she just shrugged and replied, "What's new about Mino though? We can do no right. I went to go to the bathroom one time and he told everyone that I left him eating by himself when the food came. He is never wrong. And besides, if it wasn't me, I'm sure Sulli would've tried to join the group anyway. In the end, that day, Mino was meant to get kicked out of the group."

"Yeah, and meant to haunt us about it for the rest of our lives," Jong In stated, making Minji laugh at his comment. She twisted at him and cutely glared at his face. "Just remember that you were my reason to go into that haunted house, so remember, I meant for it to happen. Well actually, Krystal and Luna meant for it to happen. But if it didn't happen, we would not be standing here together, so we have Krystal and Luna to thank for that."

"Yeah, they're all gonna make some sort of comment at our wedding day... I'm ready for it," Jong In stated, shaking his head. As they reached a soda stand, he nudged her and asked, "You thirsty?" 

"You getting a soda?"

"Yeah, my throat is dry."

"Can you get me a coke?" She asked nicely, gesturing towards an empty bench. "I'll go wait over there then. My legs are sore." 

"Alright, I'll be over in a bit." 

They went towards other direction, while Minji went to go sit at the empty bench to rest her ankles that was sore from dance class the other day. As she looked at Jong In who was waiting to buy refreshments in line, all the memories that they were talking about came back to her, which was one of her best days in her life. Minji was always happy remembering that specific Halloween day, because it was basically the day they got close to one another. Ever since the first day of Minji's class during freshman year, she had his eyes on him when he walked through the doors of the theatre auditorium. He didn't necessarily sit next to her, but for some reason, she just couldn't stop looking at him. It was probably because his looks were exactly his type, but she knew she wasn't going to make the first move. She had never had a boyfriend before, so she really didn't know anything about making moves or how to start a relationship with anybody. All she could do that time was try to become friends with him, but she didn't know how to because he was so quiet. Without even talking to him, she knew that he was a sophomore and an engineering major (which meant he was a year older than her) who had to take THEATRE 101 for a Fine Arts Credit. Since she was an elementary education major, she too had to take the same class for the same credit. At that time, she really didn't know how to take Jong In. She couldn't even tell if he was nice or not because he was so quiet during class; the only time he wasn't quiet was when the teacher asked him a question directed towards him, which were the only times she heard his really deep voice.

The real talking started two weeks into the theatre class, where the teacher announced that her class was based on a buddy system. Since it was an acting class, she felt it would be a good idea to have the students get paired up in pairs (since there were forty people in the class) so it won't be awkward having to switch partners around too much when they go on stage together. Luckily, Minji got paired up with Jong In to be her buddy so it went accordingly her way for some odd reason. At first, she was so excited, but then she realized that she should have looked at if he would even be interested in a girl like her at all. 

Even though Minji and Krystal were already friends by the time she was partnered up with Jong In, she still didn't know who to tell about her potential crush. She wasn't really close to anyone to tell. As a few months passed, entering April, Minji found out that Jong In was a really nice person and she considered Krystal her best friend as well, so she told her about her potential crush on him. However, Jong In and Minji didn't really meet up unless it was for class circumstances so she didn't know how Krystal could see him without it being weird. It all happened when Lay joined in the picture, where Jong In and Minji met up in the cafeteria, and Lay had no one to eat lunch with. Jong In asked Minji if it was alright for his best friend to sit down with them because he had no one to eat with, and of course Minji didn't mind because it was such a minor thing. Lay was a lot more outgoing than Jong In, being the social butterfly, the sweetheart and part of the dance club. After the first day, he really liked Minji as a person so he continued talking to her more as a friend. Minji found it ironic that she talked to the best friend more than the crush himself, but she knew Lay didn't have any feelings for her, and he was also such a good friend which made her like him as a friend as well. When he found out she could dance, he even invited her to join the dance club that he was a part of, but it was hard to get it because people had to be legit skilled dancers. However, Minji showed the two captains at that time, Kim Hyoyeon and Lee Taemin during the audition, and they took her a part of the club first. As Lay and Minji's friendship grew, so did her friendship with Jong In. They invited her to get togethers and other gatherings, where Minji finally was able to take Krystal and Jong In and Lay introduced Luna for them to meet. 

By that time, Minji and Jong In were friends but not the closest. She was closer to Lay and Luna (and obviously Krystal) more than she was to him. She didn't force anything though, she really took it step by step. She figured Jong In didn't want to open up to her and he was this really shy person who didn't know how to as much, so she couldn't do much about it but take it in. That all changed during Halloween, when everyone was in their second semester of the 2012 academic year. Since a bunch of people from their school was going, Lay and Luna invited Krystal and Minji to come along to a haunted school attraction that was open the night of Halloween. Of course, Minji went because she wanted to hang out with them, even if she was terrified of ghosts and anything popping out at her. 

At first, Minji was in a group with Luna, Krystal and Minah, while Jong In was with Lay, Mino and Sehun just a two groups away from them since they had to go in a group of four. Since the only people who knew about Minji's crush on Jong In, Krystal and Luna decided to take action with the two since Jong In had no girl in his life. Even though Luna knew he wasn't interested, it didn't hurt to try; she knew Minji was smart, so she knew she could take care of herself if Jong In didn't return his feelings. Luna's phone was with Lay during the time, but when he was right in front of the door, ready to go in, she shouted that she needed her phone badly to call her mother. Sticking to her plan, she made Minji walk up through the group of girls who were standing in the middle since she knew Minji would do it for her anyway. Once Minji went to go grab Luna's phone with Lay, the guard who was controlling the line came out at the same time to announce the next group had to go in. It took a few moments to decide on what to do until the guard yelled at them for being so slow, so Lay unexpectedly grabbed Minji into the group, which resulted in Mino to get kicked out and go to the next group of girls, which weren't the most pleasant girls he ever met. However, that brought Minji to cling onto someone, and since Lay and Sehun seemed to stick together, Minji was left with Jong In, when she was terrified out of her mind. 

Entering the dark and scary school, where there was frightening and creepy music playing, Minji, Jong In, Lay and Sehun walked side by side together, not knowing to expect. Minji put her body extremely closer towards Jong In, since he was the only person next to him while her heart was racing so fast. Lay put his body close to Sehun's, pretty terrified of the atmosphere of that place. Just then, someone brushed passed Minji's shoulders which made her scream and move away, holding onto Jong In's arms at that point. When she looked, a short girl whose long black hair covered her face walked slowly in front of them, making them know that these were one of the characters. 

"I'm gonna be late to class," the creepy girl said with an echo, still with her head down. "Please wait for me teacher, I'm going to class." 

"Oh ," Minji thought to herself, with hung open. "Why the hell did Luna make me get her phone for her? How am I gonna survive this thing?" 

"You good?" Jong In asked Minji, making her eyes widened and looked up. She quickly let go of him and brushed her hands off, nodding her head to say, "I'm sorry. I'm not good with haunted houses." 

"I can see," he replied with a chuckle. 

"Alright, we're doing this buddy system," Lay announced, still standing in the same spot. "Minji and I can't go together since we're obviously gonna pee our pants so I'm taking Sehun. They might not scare him, he looks like one of characters."

"Yah," Sehun grunted, glaring down at Lay after his remark. "I'm too handsome to be a ghost." 

Jong In laughed and added in, "I guess I'm taking Minji then. She looks terrified and I don't think it's the best idea to go with Sehun. That will just make everything worse." 

Even though Minji was petrified at this very moment, she was pretty ecstatic on the inside that Jong In was claiming to take care of her. As they began walking, Lay spoke up and said, "Let's just go now. I don't know which way to go. This is ing creepy as ." As Lay and Sehun walked in front of Jong In and Minji, only Lay and Minji were walking with their hearts racing quickly. Jong In and Sehun were never scared of haunted houses because they knew it was fake... The only difference was that Sehun would laugh at whoever screams and Jong In would just stay still. Minji wanted to close her eyes so badly but she had no one to cling onto, so she was afraid that she would be separated from them. She kept taking deep breaths, and praying that nothing would pop out at her. 

Right after, an eerie breathing came out from one of the doors she passed, which made her jump and brush against Jong In again. "Mmmmm," she began to cry, beginning to quiver from the fear. She took another step foward, when something jumped out at her that was dark and bloody, that made her scream on the top of her lungs. "Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!" Her entire body automatically flew towards Jong In, wrapping her arms his waist since she was afraid that creature was going to be in front of her still. Jong In, highly worried about her, tapped her hands and questioned, "You okay, Minji?" 

"Is he gone?"

"He's not there anymore, you're good." 

She still whined as she looked up, but her arms were still firmly wrapped around Jong In's waist. Jong In could feel her long hair brushing up through his shirt, since her head was resting against his chest a few moments ago. Slowly letting go of him, she scaredly said, "Sorry again, Jong In. You must be getting annoyed of me." 

"Oh trust me, we still have a long way to walk through."

"HUH? Long way?" 

"You didn't expect this to be five minutes, did you?"

"Actually, I did. Even five minutes is too long for me." 

"Do you see how big this building is?" 

"Yeah, we can't just walk a hallway and go to the exit?" She asked with a terrified tone, making him chuckle a little bit because she being really cute. He shook his head and responded, "No wonder why you were so good at acting scared during our theatre project. You actually are a scaredy cat." 

"I wish I could like I wasn't scared right now." 

"It's okay. Feel free to jump on me all you want," Jong In offered, making Minji feel a little warmer that he let her cling onto her. "I won't get annoyed by you. I'm more worried about your blood circulation right now."

"Thanks," she said bluntly, wanting to cry. "I think." 

Just then, another young girl with her hair blocking her face popped right on at Minji once more, making her scream again at the top of her lungs. This time, she jumped behind Jong In and tugged onto his sweater from behind, and he felt it from the hoodie of his red checkered sweater. He knew Minji was pretty scared, so he didn't know what else he could do help. When the ghost character walked away from them, he pulled back to her side and told her, "She's gone, she's gone." 

"Oh my god," Minji said with a deep sigh. "Why the hell do they keep coming for me?" 

"Well, if I was one of the workers, I'd probably come for you too. You're the only one screaming out of the four of us."

"How can I not scream?" Minji softly hissed, afraid of others popping out at her. "They just pop out in front of me like they want me to whack them or something. Ever play whack-a-mole?" 

Jong In suddenly cracked up in the middle of a haunted house with her statement and replied, "I'm pretty sure that they'll scare you even more if you whack them. If you need to whack any mole, just whack me. I'm right here." 

She stared at him with a wary look, wondering why he was being so nice to her. They had already been friends with one another, but she's never been this close to him that he was letting her smack him if she got scared. Then again, she knew he was a nice guy, but they just weren't that close. As she was saying "thank you" to him, another scary man popped right at Jong In, which startled her. Jong In waved at the guy and smiled at him. "How are you, sir?" 

Cackling a bit but still scared, Minji stared at Jong In in awe and questioned, "Did you just say hi to a ghost?"

"He always does that!" Sehun hissed from the front, while Jong In only laughed. He nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter