The Dare Box

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Will you listen to me?" Myungsoo asked in demand, turning his entire body, causing Minji to slightly fall over, since she was leaning her head against his back. He rolled the paper up and hit her head, making her widen her eyes as he went on, "I thought you said you wanted to pass this exam. What is this? You ask me to tutor you and then you're just texting on your phone." 

She rubbed her head - the head that he just hit his paper on and replied, "Yah. Why are you such a harsh tutor? I can't even text somebody? What if I was texting my mom, huh?" 

"Trust me, I know Omma pretty well. She's pretty leniant, she wouldn't text you this time of the day. She's more busy than you, and she's definitely too busy working to be concerned about you," he replied more, placing his hands on her head this time. He shook it around a few times, making her squeal loudly, but he didn't want to stop until she got the point. "Are you going to listen to me or not? You were the one who asked me to tutor you on this, so I can leave if you want." 

"What kind of best friend are you, huh?" Minji continued asking, leaning her head close to his. She studied his face to see if he was actually being serious or not, because sometimes she couldn't really tell. He crossed his arms and stared down at her without changing his serious facial expression. She ended up giggling after a few moments and hit his shoulders, shoving him backwards a little. "My lord, lighten up dude. You're acting like you're an actual tutor I hired or something. Shoot, I didn't even pay you. Imagine if I did pay you, you'd be worse than this." 

"Trust me, by the way you're studying, a real tutor wouldn't want your money." 

"Yeah, but you're my bestie."

"And as your bestie," Myungsoo said, glaring down at her. "I am telling you that you need to pass this history exam. I know you hate history and that it bores you, but it's part of your general education courses. You need it to pass. Besides, you're the one who begged me to give you this lesson on World War II. What's the point of me teaching you if you're gonna be on your phone and texting? Who the heck are you texting anyway?" Myungsoo tried to snatch her phone away from her, but she quickly grasped it tightly and pointed her finger at him, "No, you can't read it."

"I wasn't planning to."

"Then why do you want it?"

"To see the name of the person who is currently bothering my student." 

"Bestie, not student," Minji said hyperly, bouncing her head around. "If I was your actual student, I wouldn't be doing this to you." Minji rested her head on Myungsoo's shoulders again, making him sigh and cross his arms. Other college students had been passing by, where they looked at the pair quite amused since many people thought they were a couple. 

Myungsoo felt a little flustered, so he just scratched his nose and tried to contain his smile to himself. Myungsoo looked down and saw Minji's dark red hair, his nose being able to grasp the scent of floral lavendar from the top. He chuckled and said to her, "Will you get your head off of me? People are looking." 

"So? Let them look. They're just jealous because they don't have a best friend they can comfortably lean their shoulders on," Minji replied, taking her head off of him. She then made herself more comfortable and began to bring her legs up, about to sit cross-legged. Myungsoo's eyes widened as he saw her bring her legs and and stopped her, pushing right leg down, "What the heck are you doing? You're wearing a skirt." 

"Myungsoo, it's a long skirt that goes below my knees. It won't flash anyone, don't worry about it," Minji replied carelessly, shrugging her shoulders. She brought her other leg to sit cross-legged, and covered her entire lower body with her long blue skirt that her mother had her wear to school today. He let out a big sigh and asked again, "Are we studying or not?" 

"Okay, I know I asked you to tutor me and all, but my exam isn't until next week. I wanted a tutor session like a day before." 

"You should be studying the materials continuously, Minji," Myungsoo lectured, making blow the piece of bang out of her face from the boring statement he was going to say to her. "History isn't something you can read about within a day and grasp all aspects of it. It's really complex. If you want to pass your exam, I'd suggest you studying now." 

Before Minji could reply, a girl had passed by them and sweetly waved to Myungsoo. She smiled at him and greeted, "Hey L." Myungsoo looked up and flashed a grin at her, also giving her a small wave. Minji slightly gave an unsatisfied face between the both of them and had hung open. Minji noticed that she was really girly, much more than she was herself. She wore dark blue jean shorts with a black undershirt inside of her long, white cardigan that went way passed her . She was also wearing nice and fancy white high-top sneakers, which made her look even prettier since her fashion sense was on point. Myungsoo replied back as she was walking away, "Naeun, did you do the readings that we were supposed to post online yet?" 

"Not yet," the girl named Naeun said, putting her hands on her hips. "I was about to go to the professor later today to see where the readings even were. I can't even find them on his website." 

"Oh okay, I thought I was the only one having that problem. What time are you gonna see Professor Kwon? I'll go with you if it's after my class period."

"I might go at like 4. I get out of class at 3:45. Wanna come? That way we can clear it up together." 

"That's perfect, I get out at the same time," Myungsoo replied, nodding at her. "I'll text you then." 

Naeun nodded in agreement and concluded by waving at him, finally walking away. Myungsoo pulled his attention back to Minji's study guide, but he probably had no idea that she was glaring at him very irritated right now. When he looked up to see her, he raised an eyebrow and asked, "What are you looking at?" 

"L?" Minji questioned, crossing her arms. "Since when do people call you L?" 

"No one calls me L besides Naeun. It's an inside joke. She was my chemistry partner last semester, so it stuck with her." 

"Besides Naeun?" Minji rhetorically asked, crossing her arms and pouting . "I didn't even know that this Naeun girl calls you L. Since when did you start having inside jokes with other people besides me? I thought I was your best friend." 

"Just because I have inside jokes with other people, it doesn't mean you're not my best friend, Minz," Myungsoo replied, rubbing the top of her head playfully. "Besides, it's only Naeun. Everything is a joke to her."

Minji sarcastically laughed at him and scrunched up her face, "It's only Naeun. You're assuming like I know her or something. I didn't even know you guys were friends until she waved at you just now. Like seriously dude, no introductions though?" 

"I didn't know you wanted an introduction," Myungsoo stated with his eyes widened, looking back at Naeun who was very far away at this point. He snickered at Minji and nudged her with his elbow, "Oh hey, I didn't know you roll that way. Give your friend a hands up if you wanted an introduction, I would've done it for you."

She flicked Myungsoo's head and jokingly made an angry face at him, making him laugh a lot. "I didn't mean it like that, fool." She clenched his teeth at him and he only scratched his nose, narrowing his eyes as he laughed. Minji made eye contact with him and continuously glared at him, trying not to soften up everytime he flashed his smile at her. She went on and nudged her head a bit, asking, "Seriously though. What's with the special nickname?" 

He shrugged a bit and replied, "It's a chemistry thing. It's something to do with the periodic table because she said my personality matches with the qualitifications with one of the elements on the table. Like strong and unbreakable, so she called me L for fun at first. I think it just stuck with her." 

"Cute," Minji said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Wouldn't it be better if you explain the science terms to me? Since you know, I'm not good at science." 

"Woman, you are not taking any science or chemistry classes," he said sternly, looking seriously at her. "I don't need to explain any science to you. Right now, all you need to learn about is history. You're an elementary education major, you need a history course to pass the program Minz. Stop sidetracking and listen to me tutor you already." 

"Yah, I'm not done with my concern yet."

"What concern?"

"About that special nickname of yours."

"Oh lord Minz," Myungsoo said with a big sigh, shaking his head. "I already told you it was an inside joke between Naeun and I. Her and I were in chemistry last semester. In her words, my personality fit an element that's on the periodic table so she called me by that element because it began with an L. I don't think you would want to know the description of that element otherwise you'll probably fall asleep even more from me giving you a science lecture." 

That was true. Minji always hated science with a passion. Myungsoo was really good in science since he was studying Electrical Engineering, so it was probably a piece of cake for him. Minji was just curious to see how close he was with this Naeun girl, that way she could look out for him if they were any closer. 

"Oh, even cuter. You both are smart, chemistry people. Of course, you can't explain to me. Only she would understand, right?" 

"Minz, what's wrong with you today?" Myungsoo asked with a big chuckle, amused that Minji was getting irritated from his small interaction with Naeun. "You're acting like Naeun's gonna steal me or something. She would be too afraid of you to try and steal me." 

Minji pursed her lips and pulled on his ear, "You ain't getting stolen from me easily. She better get pass this best friend first before she tries to go start any type of relationship with you. I do background checks." 

"Oh goodness," he replied with a sigh, not being able to hold in his chuckling. "You're worse than a mother now. I'm just gonna call you Officer Minji, with your damn statement on background checks." 

"You could've introduced me to your friend, you know? Just saying. You ashamed of your bestie or something, huh?" Minji asserted, shoving Myungsoo's arms a bit. Myungsoo snickered and grabbed her hands, replying, "Does it look like I'm ashamed of you? I'm sitting here with you, how the heck could I be ashamed of you? Besides, I'm not even close to Naeun myself outside of class. I wouldn't even know how to introduce you two when I'm not even close to her." 

"You just said you were gonna go with her after class. You have to be close at a level to be going together somewhere."

"We're going to a professor's office to get the damn homework." 

"That's a level of closeness."

"Nah, that's the level of I don't want to fail the homework assignments," Myungsoo responded, rolling his eyes. Minji sneered and shook her head, making him ask more, "Why are you so concerned about Naeun anyway?" 

Her eyes went wide as she immediately answered, "I have to be on the lookout for you. If you like anyone, I better be the first one to know. You would break the rules of being a best friend if you didn't tell me your love interest. So if you like this Naeun girl, I have to approve of her first before you begin any deeper relationship with her."

Myungsoo bursted out laughing and asked, "Okay mother."

"I'm serious!" She exclaimed, hitting his arm hard. "I must be on the lookout for you. You were always looking out for me when it came to guys coming up to me and I'm just doing the same thing." 

"Ah yes, but there's a difference between you and I."

"What's that?" 

"I listen, you don't."

"Yah, what's that supposed to mean?"

"Remember that time? Where I told you not to go on a date with that innocent looking guy because he was bad news? You didn't listen to me, and you still ended up going out with him a few times. Look at what he did to you, he left you stranded at a telephone booth by yourself in the middle of nowhere."

Minji pouted as she remembered the time she went out with an older guy named Suho. They had met at a party off campus, but he claimed that he had gone to a different school. She did hit it off with him a few times, but he ended up being bad news. Myungsoo had warned her, but she just didn't listen to him. Like Myungsoo said, he left her stranded at a telephone booth because he had to go pick up someone else, so she called Myungsoo, who came to get her within twenty minutes. 

Myungsoo was really the only guy she ever relied on, ever since they were friends from birth, up until now. 

She didn't think that was ever going to change. 

She bit down on her teeth and replied, being embarrassed, "Can you not remind me of that? I know I didn't listen, but I apologized to you so many times already. No need to bring it up." Myungsoo snickered as Minji nudged him to keep talking, "And what do you mean you listen? You haven't even had any girls for me to even warn about. You're always studying or caught up in a science book."

"Yeah, but I would listen if you warned me about a girl. I don't fall for people easily like you Gong Minji."

"Yah, what are you saying about me?" She questioned, widening her eyes. Myungsoo only laughed and slouched on the bench, making Minji shake his shoulders. "Hey, I'm not done yet. I do not fall for guys easily, what makes you think that, huh?"

"How many dates have you been in the past six months?" 

Minji began counting in her head, but when the time went passed five seconds, Myungsoo interjected again, "See? You had to think about it for over five seconds. That proves my point."

"Okay, going on dates does not mean I fall for guys easily. I just keep my options broad, so I choose wisely," Minji stated, with hung open from Myungsoo's comment. Myungsoo only nodded his head, slightly disagreeing with her, but he wasn't going to argue. Minji wasn't a player at all, but she really did go on dates often because a lot of guys were into her and asked her out. 

She just gave a lot of guys the chance, but it ended up failing because they didn't go well together. It was mostly Minji's fault for calling it off after every date, because she just didn't feel like they were going to have a good chance together. Her friends always that she was picky, but she really couldn't bring the courage up to become official with someone when her entire heart wasn't with them. 

As for Myungsoo, he was really the school person. Many girls did like him because of his quiet, serious and smart brains, but he barely looked at any girls. Actually, he looked at none. It made girls even more interested because he seemed hard to get. The only person he opened himself up to was Minji, and that was because he didn't bring up the courage to trust anyone else. Everyone knew that Myungsoo and Minji were best friends, and really nothing could break that bond that they had with each other.

Minji could be going on a date and she would still come to Myungsoo to check where he was, that way he could come for her if anything happened. They were always first on each other's minds. 

Minji elbowed him on his arm and continued on, "When will the time come that I'll see my bestie actually fall in love with someone?" 

"After you study for your history exam."

"Oh my god, I'm serious. You really don't like anyone? Like, you're not interested in anyone at all?"

"No Minz."

"Why not?" Minji asked curiously, leaning her face closer to him. She wrapped her right arm around his shoulders and went on, "I mean, you're a handsome guy Myungsoo. Girls are all over you every time I bring you to a party. I don't understand how you don't have your eyes for anyone. That Naeun girl is beyond pretty, and she even calls you by a special nickname. If it were any other guy, they'd probably be catering to her knees right now."

"I'm not that desperate now." 

"But are you interested in her?"

"Nope."

"Will that change?"

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow and gave her an annoyed face, answering straightly, "Nope." 

Minji groaned and rested her right arm on his leg, letting out a deep sigh, "If I didn't know you any better, I would think that you're saving yourself."

"Saving myself? How so?"

"Saving your heart," Minji responded, widening her eyes at him. They looked at each other for at least five seconds before Myungsoo became flustered and looked away, scratching his head. Minji squinted and continued, "I would think that you're saving your heart for a girl or something. You're like one of those guys who find a girl and fall madly in love with them, and you're the type of guy who would only has one girl. No matter if she breaks your heart, your heart will always have her. Am I right?" 

"Why are we suddenly on the topic of how I would be if I fall in love with someone?" 

"Because, we're besties. And besties talk about these kinda things, capiche?" Minji sarcastically joked, tapping his cheeks with her index fingers a few times while he kept a straight face. "But if the time comes where you find a girl and she breaks your heart. Don't worry man, I got you. If she breaks your heart, I will break her."

"Oh alright, Miss Tough Girl. What are you gonna do, huh? Jump on her back or something?"

"Boy, just because I'm short does not mean I can't put up a fight," Minji assured, raising her hands up to his face. "And you know I would put you first before anything. Shoot, the chance of me standing up for you is higher than me standing up for myself. That's how I love you." 

Delighfully smiling, he smirked and responded, "I'd rather not have you fight. If I do have a girl, she'll probably be taller than you anyway. That would definitely result in you jumping on her back."

"Yah, do not understimate the love that I have for you. I know you love me too, but you're so expressionless that I look like a lost puppy compared to you sometimes. With your personality, it looks like I'm using both of our hearts to express the love to you."

"Express it to all the guys you go on dates on, Minz. Why are you expressing the love to me? I know you love me, you send me heart emojis every single night. The ones who need those heart emojis are the guys you go on dates on. With the way you answer them, they'll probably think you're some stiff girl who wants no romance in her life." 

"So? Who are they? If they were really determined to be my boyfriends, then they'd probably keep trying," Minji stated, tapping onto Myungsoo's knees a few times. "Honestly speaking, if I did get a boyfriend, I'd feel pretty bad for them."

"Why's that?" 

"Because I wouldn't put them first," Minji replied honestly, smirking at him. "I'd always put you first before anyone else." 

"You don't know that. You haven't had an official boyfriend yet. You say this now, but watch you forget all about me when you find your special someone." 

She shook her head and disagreed entirely, "Nah, I can't imagine anyone coming before you. That's something that's so unlikely to happen. You're always my number one. So whoever is my special someone better prepare to be in a three-way relationship, because you're not going anywhere."

"Yah, did you ask me if I wanted to be a part of this three-way relationship?" 

"No, I didn't ask, because I'm not letting you go anywhere," Minji replied, tugging onto his arm. He scratched his head and answered, "Yeah, I will feel pretty bad for the guy. You realize this is a guy and a guy you're bringing into this relationship, right? I know I'm good looking and all, but I don't he'll approve of being in a relationship with me." 

"If his doesn't approve, then he can say goodbye. It goes the same way for you. If you get a girl, then I'm gonna be a part of the damn relationship too. If she doesn't approve of me, what do you say?" Minji asked, wanting to hear Myungsoo's response. He put his head even closer to her and stared at her for a decent five seconds, then answered, "I would say... Sit down you crazy short girl, because it ain't happening anytime soon."

Myungsoo pulled away making her pout , also letting go of him to cross her arms. She sighed and said, "Seriously though. Whoever the girl is... If she breaks your heart, I swear I will break her. Her facial features better be natural because... That won't be a pretty sight." Minji jokingly punched her fist into her palm to imply to Myungsoo that she would punch any girl who messed with him and broke his heart, because she was going to do it if it happened.

"Better start punching yourself then," he whispered by accident, taking out a pen from his backpack without realizing what he was saying. When Minji's eyes went wide after what she heard, Myungsoo realized what he had said right after. Myungsoo became frozen right after she said that, feeling that his heart skipped an entire beat. He gripped onto the study guide he was holding tightly and gulped nervously, wandering his eyes around. His eyes glanced between the clear blue skies, the trees, the grass and the other benches that were placed outside in front of the engineer building of the university. He let out a sigh and turned to look at Minji, groaning a bit, "I meant if you punch someone, she's obviously not gonna take you punching her. You might as well punch yourself to save yourself from the pain she'll give to you." Myungsoo realized he made no sense so he shook his head and corrected himself, "But you're thinking way too far ahead of yourself. I don't even have any girl yet, save the punching for after I find a girl." 

"Umm, I have to be prepared. What if she comes out of nowhere and takes your heart away like that?" She asked, snapping her fingers. "You ain't an ugly man. I have to check for sincerity and committment. You're like every girl's type, so obviously you have so many of them to choose from. I just don't know who you're gonna choose in the end. It's a mystery."

"You act like you don't know me." 

"Nah, I don't know which girl you're saving your heart for. That's the most important part of this conversation right now."

"No, right now, the most important part is me tutoring you on this history lesson. Enough sidetracking, I'm going to get up and leave if you don't start listening to me now," Myungsoo said, changing the topics smoothly. Minji groaned and gave up with him, picking up her study guide to finally listen to him. She moved closer to him and rested her head against his arms, finding a comfortable position to actually listen to him this time. 

"Ah, this is better than our backs against each other. I can see what you're teaching now."

"You're just gonna rest your head on here as I teach you?"

"Umm yeah, it's comfortable." 

"You know, if people didn't know any better, they'd probably think that we're dating." 

"Psh, let them think that then, I don't care. You're better than all the guys at this university anyway. And I'm so much more fabulous than all the girls at this university, so you shouldn't care either. The only thing that matters is that you and I know what we're doing, and how our friendship works. No single person can interfere with our awesome friendship."

Myungsoo chuckled more, just looking down at the top of her head who seemed like she was ready to learn something. If Myungsoo could only tell her who he was saving his heart for... 

Then she wouldn't have to be so curious.

"Ready!" Minji yelled out as Myungsoo prepared his tennis racket in his right hand, while seeing Minji on the opposite side of the tennis court at a far distant. Ever since they were young, Minji and Myungsoo had always played tennis together since both of their parents played. They never considered joining a team though, because all they ever wanted to do was play with each other.

It was their friendship bond, they called it, so they didn't dare play with anyone else either. 

They always had to play at least once a week, and if they skipped a day, they would have to make it up an extra day. Even Myungsoo took his time off of studying to come do this with her and she would take a break from, well, anything she was doing just to come hang out with him. 

Myungsoo yelled back, cupping his hands around his mouth to project his voice, "I'm ready!"

The fun part about this game was whoever lost, they would have to pull out a command from the dare box that they made for each other. They thought of dares to put in the box every single week, that way the person who wrote it wouldn't remember what they wrote - so they could be surprised as well. 

The game began when Minji hit the tennis ball, and they would play three rounds, that way the person who won two games would be declared the winner. They didn't actually go by the rules of tennis since they just rallied back and forth until the ball hit the ground on someone's side. Since they were both really good at the game, they could've went back and forth for a while. It just depended who messed up or who tripped while playing the game.

One time during one round of a game, they went on for an hour because no one was messing up at all. They both had so much energy that they could keep the game going on for so long. 

The first game went on for twenty minutes, where Myungsoo messed up because the ball came into his side of the court too quickly. 

The second round started where Minji started the game again and they began to rally with each other until one of them missed hitting the ball. Thirty minutes later, Myungsoo swung his tennis racket really hard, causing it to bounce on Minji's side, but she jumped sideways because it came at her too fast. She was scared that the ball was going to hit her head hardly, so she stepped aside and let it bounce, which caused her to lose the second game. 

Myungsoo smirked as he started the third game, positioning himself to hit the ball to her side correctly. As he swung his tennis racket perfectly, the third game began, which would determine who was going to take on the next dare in the box. 

The rally went on for around another thirty minutes, where Myungsoo swung the ball towards Minji's court, but she missed the swing completely. She watched the ball bounce pass her, casually making its way towards the fence that surrounded the entire tennis court. She turned back to Myungsoo and pouted, as he put a smile on his face and exclaimed loudly, "Dare time!" 

They went to sit next to each other, with their backs against the wired fence, as Myungsoo handed her a bottle of water to drink to refresh herself from the hour and a half game. As she was gulping down her cold water, Myungsoo pulled out his rectangular box that was aluminum on the inside, decorated with a bunch of doodles that he created on the outside. The main focus of the box was her name, Minji, written in big and bold red letters. She silently glared at him as she forcefully pulled the box from him, making him eager to know what was the dare this time.

She opened up the box and pulled out a piece of paper without looking, setting it aside when she got it in her hands. She unfolded the paper as it read, "Come to school dressed as a guy." She glared at him and frowned, as he only smiled even more reading that dare. He remembered writing that for her because she was one of girliest people who knew, who always had to look nice and fashionable everywhere they went. Even if she was just going to the supermarket in her neighborhood, she would have to throw on a dress and a cardigan to look nice. 

"Really?" Minji asked, unsatisfied with the dare she just pulled out. "You couldn't have given me dress ugly or something?" 

"What's the fun in that?" Myungsoo replied with a shrug. "Besides, dressing ugly requires you to go out to buy something. You have a little brother for clothes, go to him." 

"Oh my god, are you serious? Han Bin dresses like such a man, you want me to wear something of his?" 

"Hey, remember what our alternative dare was if you don't go through with this dare," Myungsoo stated, making her sulk even more. "It's up to you, my friend." 

Minji only whined out loud as Myungsoo put his arms around her shoulders, highly amused with this dare right now. 

"Myungsoo," Bobby called, nudging him while he was sitting across the study table in the engineer building. Myungsoo looked up from studying his textbook and gave him a questioned look as Bobby went on, "Isn't that Minji? Why is she dressed so differently today?" 

Myungsoo quickly turned around, seeing Minji about to enter the building. She was wearing all guys' clothes today - a dark blue plaid dress shirt that was obviously way too big for her, really loose jeans and a pair of light brown timberland's. She looked like she was struggling to walk because the jeans were way to big for her and she covered her inside shirt with the oversized dress shirt. Myungsoo smiled, not knowing that she was actually going to go through with the dare. He rapidly pulled his smart phone out of his backpack and left Bobby at the study table by himself, immediately exiting the buiding to go see Minji. 

As he was about to reach up to her, he the camera on his phone and then began to joke when they made eye contact, "Oh Han Bin, what are you doing here? Did Minji forget her homework at home again?" 

Minji frowned, feeling more uncomfortable since she was not enjoying wearing this outfit, and she felt everyone had been staring at her. She had just come to school and Myungsoo was already making fun of her... She couldn't imagine what all her female friends were going to say about her. However, if she didn't go with this dare, she had to go with the alternative one, which is something she didn't want either. 

"Fool, shut up," Minji demanded, holding onto the plaid shirt tightly. She fidgeted around a little and tried to pick up her shoes, since Han Bin's feet were slightly bigger than hers. He was younger, but Minji wasn't all that tall, so everything that belonged to him was bigger than her. Myungsoo continued chuckling and held up his camera, "Here, here. Smile for me."

"No, no, no. I'm already afraid of wearing this outfit to school. How do you expect me to smile for the camera?"

"You always smile when I take pictures of you," Myungsoo replied, not moving his phone out of her sight. "Come on, my camera roll is filled with your pictures and your selfies. And plus, I like this look on you. I think you should wear this more often." 

"You want me to look like a boy more often?" 

"I don't know. It makes you look prettier, I believe. It brings out more of your features even more than when you're wearing your normal outfits."

Minji frowned and nearly cried, hearing this from his mouth. "You saying I look ugly in my regular outfits or something?" 

"Did I say you look ugly?" Myungsoo questioned back, jokingly glaring at her. "I'm just saying that the male outfit brings out your face more. When you wear dresses and skirts and stuff, the outfit is already pretty, so your face blends in with the pretty outfit. But when you're wearing guys' clothes, everyone can see how pretty you are. Now smile." 

Minji still pouted and shook her head, "So I have to wear guy clothes for me to look pretty or something, huh?!" 

"Minji, you look fine," he assured, determined to get a smiling picture of her. "I explained myself already, so I'm not repeating myself again."

"Myungsoo, stop. I'm already embarrassed enough. I have to go around school wearing this all day, you do realize that right? This was your freaking dare. Why the hell did you even write this dare?"

"Honestly speaking, I wrote it because I thought you weren't going to do it, which would result in the alternative dare that we absolutely have to do if we don't do the one from the box. But damn, you proved me wrong. I didn't think you'd be that afraid to do the other dare." 

"How badly do you want me to do the other dare?" She asked, with narrowed eyes. He shrugged and replied, "It would be nice to know." 

She rolled her eyes and sighed, looking away from his camera. A few moments later, Bobby came outside to greet her as well, asking with a laugh, "Oh damn Minji, what side of the bed did you wake up today? What's with the outfit change?" 

She glared at Myungsoo and replied without looking at Bobby, "Stupid Myungsoo and his stupid dare."

Bobby laughed in reply and said, "I mean, you look good. I wouldn't suggest you going on any dates though, because you look exactly like your brother with this on." 

"I don't look like that ugly fool." 

Myungsoo laughed and scratched his head, highly amused by her frustration on wearing this outfit. No matter what, Minji had to look nice. She made it a mission to wear skinny jeans only once a week because she would always have to wear dresses the other six days, since she had to look nice. Especially when she came to school, she would always be top notch on her outfits. Among the student body in her major, she even got voted as Best Dressed, and also friendliest, so everyone who studied the same major basically knew her. Minji knew that people had to question what she was wearing today, and when it came to her outfits, she felt very doubtful of herself. 

"Yo!" Bobby yelled out, making them both jump. He pointed towards the floor and called out, "We even have the same shoes. Dang girl, you can definitely pull this guy look. Wanna come play some ball with me after school today?" Bobby nudged her a few times with his elbow, but Minji wasn't having it. Bobby continued teasing, jokingly shoving her like she was one of the guys, "I'll even teach you some pick up lines with the girls, since they always come to watch us. If you want a corny one, just say... Ay girl, you smell like trash, can I take you out?" 

Myungsoo and Minji both raised their eyebrows, both wondering where the heck he came up with that statement. Snickering at his response, she angrily replied, "If you used that pick up line, even a gay guy would run away from you. Don't even talk about getting that by a girl, that would result in a black eye for you." 

"Oh really?" He asked, not being able to constrain himself from giggling. "What would you say to me Minji?" 

She clenched her teeth and crossed her arms, responding to him with an annoyed tone, "I would go up to you and make your eyes smaller than they already are." 

"Ooh," he cooed, pretending to get scared. "Myungsoo, protect me. The new Gong Minji is coming for me." Tugging onto Myungsoo's arms, he stood behind him and ended up touching him a little too much, which is something Myungsoo didn't like. The only person he was every alright with being touchy with him was Minji, but that was also because they were beyond comfortable with each other. She also did it even though she knew Myungsoo didn't like being touched, but he really didn't care if it was her. She could slap his and he still wouldn't say anything because it was Minji doing it.

He coughed and glared at Bobby. "Squinty."

"What dude?" 

"You're about to get a black eye for real if you don't your hands off of me," he threatened, causing Bobby to release his grip on his arm rather quickly. He scratched his head and softly muttered, "I forgot I wasn't Minji. I can't lay any precious hands on you." Myungsoo lightly slapped his hands off again and made sure they were off from him, fixing himself up a little bit. 

Myungsoo turned his attention to look back at Minji's angry face again, still amused by how adorable she looked in a male outfit. He began pinching onto her cheeks like a little child, moving it around which made her head moved around as well. He laughed and said at the same time while pinching her cheeks, "You're like a cute little boy right now. If y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter