First Love Pt.2

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Approximately 1:00 pm, everyone was finishing up with their food and more than half of Jong In's invitation list already came to his house. That included his friends, family, family friends, his mom's friends, his dad's friends, his aunt's friends, and like he mentioned to Minji, everyone and their mothers. Jong In and Minji had just finished helping each other making Mrs. Kim's seafood fried rice, with a little lecture added on because they made the vegetables too soft and the eggs too hard, but that was no surprise to anyone - they knew how to eat, but they were clueless when it came to cooking. While Mr and Mrs. Kim, Jong In, Minji, Hyoyeon, Tiffany were in the patio room, which is where the food was going to placed, everyone waited for Mrs. Kim to finish setting up the burner for the food warmer of the tray that everyone brought. 

It was finished after a few more minutes and all the food was finally placed on the food warmer, ready for the guests to eat. Hyoyeon smiled happily and rubbed her hands together, excited for people to try the pasta that she put all her effort into making by herself. Jong In saw how excited she was and . "Omma, get an ambulance ready for when people pick up Hyoyeon Noona's tray of pasta. I think we should have it on standby." 

Before Hyoyeon could even say anything, Minji hit him in the stomach and defended her Hyoyeon herself. "Fool, Hyoyeon Unnie's pasta is going to be fabulous." 

"Babe," Hyoyeon called for Minji, raising her hands up with a straight look. "It's okay, I got it." 

Hyoyeon slowly walked up to stand in front of Jong In and she was so short compared to him, she just looked up and gave him a fake smile. He looked down at her, since the top of her head only reached his shoulders, just like Minji. She grabbed onto a piece of skin on his stomach which made that piece burn as Hyoyeon scolded him, "Listen Kim Jong In, the only ambulance that needs to be called is for you. You tease me one more time about my cooking, I swear you will be put in the emergency room and I will even follow you to the hospital bed to smack you more. Understand me boy?" 

Feeling pained, Jong In pulled Hyoyeon's hands off of him and faked a smile to her, trying to hold in that burning sensation in his skin. "Okay Noona." When she let go of him, she turned around and flipped her long hair into his face, making everyone laugh, including Jong In. That's always how Jong In and Hyoyeon acted around each other no matter what. He loved teasing her and she always hit him because he was so annoying towards him - but they were really close since they were in the same math class during his freshman year and her sophomore year. Still laughing, Minji crossed her arms and went to stand next to Jong In to rub his stomach to make sure he was alright. All she could feel was his rough abs as she rubbed against him and asked, "You good?" 

"She swears I have skin in that area," he replied jokingly, tapping her hands that were on his stomach. "It felt like a pinch."

"Okay, strong boy." 

Clapping her hands, Mrs. Kim announced to everyone, "Alright guys, the food is all set, thank you very much for all the help. I'm just gonna go see whose here already. Feel free to dig in now. All the plates are under the table." With that, Mrs. Kim left with Mr. Kim and left all of the youngsters at the patio room. Hyoyeon clapped her hands once and projected her voice for everyone hear. "Okay. Anything else I can help with? Love, hugs or moral support?" 

Everyone chuckled at how bubbly and happy she was, but Jong In just snickered and answered with a joking smirk to bother her. "No." 

", did I ask you?" Hyoyeon quickly responded, giving him a death glare and becoming more vulgar since his parents left already. Hyoyeon pulled Tiffany out of the patio to leave which left Minji and Jong In alone again. She broadened her eyes at him and bit the inside of her lips, just giving him a silly facial expression. He chuckled and poked his head out to say, "I think our friends are here already. Mino and Minah have been here since the morning helping with cleaning and organizing the house." 

"Oh yeah, I forgot they were here already. Where are they?" 

"They had to go out to buy extra table cloths," he replied, shrugging his shoulders. "But they probably got lost. Those two are a bad duo together when they're in the same car. I'd say they'll be back in an hour or so, they must've got lost finding a retail store." She laughed in agreement, shaking her head as he nudged her to go outside already. 

Krystal and Minji were standing at a corner together, munching off all the food they had on their plates. Jong In had branched out to greet everyone who came by the party to come congratulate him so he was trying his best to get to everyone. As Krystal was chewing on a chicken tart, Minji shivered a little, seeing goosebumps on her arm. Shaking her shoulders, she told Krystal, "Damn, it's colder than I expected." 

"Really?" She asked with a surprised look. "I'm mad hot right now, there's so many people in this room." 

"Someone better give me a personal heater or something. It feels like someone shut off the heater in this entire room. My nose is all red." 

Krystal snickered and suggested, "Girl, where's your jacket at? I thought you were wearing it today."

"Girl, Omma put it in the piano room, and do you know how many people are in there right now? I'm too shy to go get that."

"What's new about that?" Krystal questioned with an amused laugh. "Gong Minji forever being shy about everything." 

She just tried to ignore the coldness that she felt seeping into her body, hoping she would just be adjusted to it in a few moments. As Krystal looked around to find her group of friends and where they were, Krystal told Minji, "So Mino is pulling out his erted card games to play."

"I swear, Mino and the word erted need to put in the dictionary together. That boy is always erted and ." 

"I agree. But that boy expects us to play a dirty game in a place where there's adults all over the place. They're gonna judge us so much." 

Minji scratched her head and also rolled her eyes. "It's Mino though. He's not exactly Albert Einstein. We could be together in a nursing home and he would probably want us to play this game because he feels like it. Shoot, he'd probably invite all the elderly people in the nursing home to play along with us as well." 

"Girl, you can't compare him to Albert Einstein. Mino can't even reach to Einstein's brain at all, he's only the mole on his neck. He can't even get inside his head, that's how stupid Mino is." 

"I'm in agreement with that." 

"Noona!" Jungkook unexpectedly jumped towards Minji and grabbed her wrist to cling onto. She looked at him with a questioned look as he said, "Omma and Appa wants you to get in the family picture. She called me to come get you."

"Family picture?" questioned Minji, widening her eyes with total surprise. "Shouldn't you guys take it then?"

"We already did that," he answered, holding onto her wrist firmly. "She wants one with you and an additional one with Krystal Noona. She called me to come get you guys because you're family." 

"Aww," they answered in unison, sweetly looking at each other. Krystal grabbed Minji's plate and said, "You go first. I'll go put our food on the table then follow. You should be in the picture first." 

"Alright, don't forget to come," she said, letting Jungkook drag her. As they were walking across the room and politely passing by people, Jungkook said, "Noona. Our Uncle-In-Law is here too, the one whose a novel writer in America. Maybe you can talk to him about getting an internship at the publication company he works at in California, Jong In Hyung told him a lot about your amazing writing, so he really wants to meet you." 

"Oh my gosh, for real?" She responded excitedly. "You don't know how excited that makes me." 

The moment when Minji and Jungkook reached to where Jong In was, he saw him and Lay talking to an older person who had a petite figure along with medium length black hair that were evenly straight, standing in between Mr. and Mrs. Kim, making her guess that it was one of their aunts or their friends. Jungkook softly pushed Minji so stand next to Jong In and he tapped her back once he saw her. Right when Minji got there, she seemed to be talking to Lay. 

"Are you in the same major as Jong In sweetheart?" She asked Lay. Standing politely with his hands linked in front of him, he nodded his head to reply, "Similar majors. I'm in chemical engineering, but Jong In is electric engineering."

"Such smart boys. I'm so proud of both of you. How many years do you have left, sweetheart?" 

"I graduate my next year. I'm a little behind because I changed my major sophomore year. That's why Jong In got graduated on time, we were supposed to graduate the same year." 

"Ah, that's fine. As long as you know what you're doing, the amount of time you're studying does not determine your future, remember that sweetheart."

As Lay politely smiled at her like he was did, she turned to look at Minji with a questioned look as Jong In introduced her and said, "Aunt Nari, this is my girlfriend, Minji." He tapped her back once more and looked at her to continue on, "Minz, this is my Aunt Nari, Appa's sister who lives in China." 

"Ah," Minji said with a polite bow, giving her wide smile. "So nice to meet you Aunt Nari. Jong In has told me so much about you."

"Aw, this is your girlfriend, Jong In?" She asked, genuinely looking at her nephew's adorable girlfriend. "It's nice to meet you too, sweetheart. You're such a cutie pie."

With a tiny giggle, she replied nicely with, "Thank you so much." When she bowed again, Aunt Nari looked at Jong In and asked, "How'd you get her? She's too cute compared to you." 

Jong In chuckled and shook his head. "I get that a lot, Aunt Nari. I'm so used to it." 

Mrs. Kim shrugged and said in agreement, "Everyone is right about it, Jong In. You're lucky Minji even gave you a chance, you know how much Appa and I have to thank her for becoming your girlfriend. Before you even dated, I liked her so much, I was going to pay her to date you. Thank goodness she was able to give you a chance before I had to do that."

"Omma," he said with a whiney tone. "You're acting like I'm some criminal whose scary or something. I'm not that bad." 

"Yes, I know you're not bad sweetie, but sometimes you're just a tad slow. You're just like Appa, I had to do all the work just to get his attention." 

Minji, Lay, Aunt Nari and Mrs. Kim laughed, as Mr. Kim and Jong In stood there slightly embarrassed, rubbing the bridges of their nose. Mr. Kim was just flustered that she mentioned their old days and Jong In was flustered by the thought of their parents courting one another. Holding his hands up in front of his mother, he pleaded, "Omma, can you please not mention you and Appa's old days? That's just a weird image." 

"Sweetie, you're gonna be old as us one day, you'll have to be telling your children too." 

Scrunching up her shoulders, Minji just smiled sweetly at him and rubbed his lower back a few times before resting her arms to the side. Aunt Nari looked between Minji and Jong In again to ask, "How long have you guys been together already? The last time I saw Jong In was during his high school days so I'm so behind on his life. I didn't even know he was graduating college until I got the e-mail for an invitiation to this party." 

"A year and a month now," answered Jong In, grinning right after and looking highly content. Right when he answered, it put a smile to Minji's face, since he added that one month that made it so specific. 

"You better be sure this one doesn't go anywhere. I can't have a round two because I really like this girl," Aunt Nari hinted, referring to Jong In's past that she remembered. Jong In's muscles once again tightened in his face, so he stood there pretty still, not aware of what to say or do. Minji noticed everyone's facial expressions, from Mr. and Mrs. Kim, Lay and Jong In, who seemed to not say anything at the very moment. They all seemed to have an unresponsive faces to Aunt Nari, so Minji spoke up instead with a laugh. "I'm not gonna go anywhere, unless Jong In tells me to go somewhere. The only way I'll be going is if he tells me to go away." 

Jong In nervously chuckled and said shortly, "I don't think that's gonna happen. Don't worry about that Aunt Nari." 

"Let's take a family picture now," Mr. Kim announced, breaking off the topic. "We have one with Lay already, so let's get one with Minji now. Jungkook, come call your sisters for a picture." 

When they were gathering, Minji became slightly confused to why everyone seemed so stiff when Aunt Nari made that specific comment. She wanted to believe she was hinting towards Jong In's ex-girlfriend, but at the same time, she also didn't want to think that, since the phrase was "you better make sure this one doesn't go anywhere. I can't have a round two." From Jong In's story of his past girlfriend named Seohyun, he told her that she was the one to break up with him but there wasn't a particular reason to why. Up until this day, he honestly had no idea and it still left Minji curious. Minji never told Jong In that it always lingered in the back of her head if Jong In still thought about her from time to time, but she really wasn't daring enough to ask. If she asked for an honest answer, she was afraid to bare with the truth if it went accordingly to what she though. 

Jong In tapped her shoulders, which made her snap out of her train of thoughts. When she looked at him, he pulled her to stand in between himself and Jungkook, while Ji Soo and Joy were on the other side of Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Jungkook called one of his best friends that came to the party, Youngjae, to take the picture for them. Holding up Jungkook's Iphone 6 in his hands, he smiled at them and then questioned, "Are you guys ready?"

"Yepp," he answered. Jungkook put his arms around Minji's shoulders while Jong In, at the edge, put his arms around Minji's waist for their picture. 

"Okay... 1... 2... 3..." Youngjae took a few pictures on the phone of their happy and smiling faces, making sure the photo was aligned well. When he finished, he handed the phone back to Jungkook, giving each other a thumbs up. 

"Jong In Oppa!" Jong In heard a little girl's voice call for him, turning around to see his eight-year-old baby cousin, Lillie, sprinting up towards him. He spread his arms out so when she jumped him, she wrapped her legs around him, so he just picked her up to make it easier. He grunted a bit and said, "Lillie, you're getting way too big for me to carry you." Once he picked her up, he gave her a kiss on the cheek which made the little girl happy that she was getting love from one of her favorite cousins.

"Mommy and Daddy told me to come tell you congratulations," Lillie said, giving him a smile with her two front teeth missing. "They also told me to tell you to take care of the family, be successful and stop being mean to me."

"Did you add the last part yourself?" 

"No, I asked them if I could say it and they approved."

"Did they tell you to tell me anything else?"

"Yes Oppa," she said with a nod as Jong In adjusted her towards the side. "They said you're old now. Make money."

"That sounds like something your parents said," Jong In stated, knowing his uncle and aunt very well, who didn't really know how to say cheesy and sweet things to him. "Where are they anyway?" 

"They just came, but they're getting food now. They sent me to come to you first because I wanted to see you."

"Aww, how cute." 

"I know I'm cute, Oppa. I have three boyfriends at school and all three of them know about you too. I told them I have a cool cousin named Jong In Oppa and they all want to meet you." 

Jong In raised an eyebrow at her and responded, "Did you say three?" She nodded her head and made Jong In snicker, shaking his head. "Lillie, how'd you manage to get three boyfriends? Who said you were cute, your two front teeth are missing." 

"Oppa!" Lillie shouted with a face of shock. Jong In laughed at her reaction and Minji flicked his arms at his jokingly mean comment to a little girl. He glanced at Minji for a few seconds and winked at her, making Minji roll her eyes at him. He turned back to Lillie and pushed towards Minji's direction. "Lillie, give your Minji Unnie a kiss. She said she missed you, did you forget about her?" 

"No!" She exclaimed confidently. "I always love Minji Unnie! I can never forget her!" Lillie pursed her lips for Minji to kiss so she kissed them softly and smiled at how adorable she was. 

"Don't listen to Jong In Oppa, baby," she informed her. "Jong In Oppa is always mean. He's even mean to me, baby."

She demandingly looked at Jong In and pointed a finger at him. "You can't be mean to Minji Unnie, Oppa. You promised me I can be the flower girl at your wedding. If you're being mean to Minji Unnie, how will there be a wedding?" 

Jong In's eyes went completely wide, utterly shocked that Lillie just mentioned what they talked about a long while ago. Looking petrified, Jong In wondered to himself why he ever told Lillie she was going to be a flower girl at their wedding, and also wondered why Lillie was so damn smart. He had expected her to keep shut because it was only between the two of them, but obviously Lillie's mouth was too big. Minji's mouth hung open with what Lillie said, trying to hold in how much those words made her happy... That Jong In mentioned their wedding to a little girl. Even though Jong In said it from time to time, she never expected him to mention it to a little girl, or even have a flower girl. 

Glaring at Lillie to quiet down, he talked between his teeth softly. "Didn't I say that was supposed to be between us, Lillie." 

"Well, I have to say it if there's going to be no wedding. A promise is a promise, Jong In Oppa. I have to be a flower girl."

"Oh goodness, you talk too much," he stated, starting to put her down. Minji shyly scratched her head, trying to contain how happy she was because she didn't want Jong In to feel awkward. Right when Lillie's foot hit the ground, Minji heard Joy gasp loudly, so she turned around to see her face full of excitement. Wondering who she saw, Joy immediately projected her voice and started waving hysterically. "Seohyun Unnie!" 

That name instantly made her feel like her entire body system stopped working, but she still managed to turn to Jong In to see how he was going to react. He still had his hands around Lillie's hands as she was put down, but he seemed to make eye contact with Minji at the same time, seeing how she was going to react. Joy then rushed over excitedly, brushing her arms pass Minji's arms to run up and hug her. Jong In watched Joy run into Seohyun's arms that was already spread out for her to hug and watched them hug each other like they had missed each other so much.

Rubbing the bridge of his nose, he nudged Lillie on the shoulders and told her, "Lillie, go back to your mommy and daddy. Oppa's gotta talk to some friends, okay?"

"Will do Oppa!" She saluted, obeying her older cousin. When she ran off away from him, he noticed that Minji didn't even turn around to look yet, which worried him to how she was feeling about the entire situation right now. When they made eye contact, Minji just smiled at him, but he kind of already knew that it was a forced smile on her part.

Oh no, what the hell am I going to do? He thought to himself, worrying about Minji's feelings a lot right now. He turned to look at Seohyun who was hugging Joy so happily, seeing that her face barely changed at all. Her light skin complexion, her almond shaped eyes, her broad tip nose, and her long mouth shape. Whatever she looked like four years ago when he last saw her, she still looked like that up until this day. 

The face that he long forgot exactly three years ago. He didn't necessarily know what to do since they hadn't talked since she had broken up with him midway into their senior year of high school. Even though he remembered the breakup quite vividly, when she told him that she didn't want to be together anymore because it was only going to make them more distant from one another, he still had no idea what to do. 

They didn't leave on a good note and they never cleared it up until this day. During that time, they were already the type of couple who were considered independent and really expressionless people, because both of them were basically the same.

He was quiet, she was quiet.

He was stiff, she was stiff.

He was reserved, she was reserved.

He was independent, she was independent.

He was casual, she was casual.

He barely showed any affection, and she always did the same. 

There wasn't really any quality traits that differentiated them because they were really the same. They knew each other since they were in first grade and they became really good friends since then. He remembered that they had a lot in common since the first day. Their favorite subjects were science and math, when everyone else in their class dreaded it. On top of having similar personalities, their common interests also brought them closer together. 

Until this day, Jong In didn't even know how they became a couple, it gradually just happened. Since they both didn't really know their own feelings, their friends brought them together when they were only twelve. Even though it was quite silly and foolish to think that two people can date since a young age such as twelve, somehow Jong In and Seohyun made it up until their last year of high school; that is when she broke up with him to tell him she was going to study in Sweden. He counted the years that they dated, which was five and a half years, and also knew that it took a while to get over her. He didn't get until a year later, obviously after he met Minji. 

It's obvious to say Seohyun was Jong In's first love and he believed that he was the same with her, but now he had Minji, and that was the girl he was in love with. His only concern at this very moment was how he was going to talk to her and have Minji not feel down. His only concern was about Minji right now. 

Finally turning to look at what she looked like, Minji finally saw what Seohyun looked like. As she expected, Seohyun was a lot prettier than what she had visualized her to be. The last picture she saw of Seohyun was on Jong In's Facebook profile when they were really young, but he had deleted it when he developed feelings for her, so she didn't see it after that. She dressed very casual, wearing a thick black sweater, with light blue washed skinny jeans and white converses to complete her outfit. After she finished hugging Joy, she hugged Ji Soo while Minji heard her girly voice that asked, "How are you guys?" 

Jong In went to stand next to Minji and placed his right hand on her back, making her look up at him with her genuine smile. Jungkook went on the other side of Minji and said, "Oh Hyung. I didn't know Seohyun Noona was coming. Did you invite her?" 

Shaking his head, he answered, "No, Omma did." 

"I haven't seen her since you guys -"

"Jungkook," he called strictly, interrupting what he was about to say. "Go give your Seohyun Noona a hug. I'm pretty sure she misses you." Jong In always remembered them being close and Seohyun loved being around Jungkook, so it was only a nice gesture if he told her to do it, since he was an obedient brother. Jungkook nodded and listened to Jong In, going over to say his greetings to her, since he hadn't seen her for a long time. Jong In went really close to Minji and asked, "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said in a high-pitched voice, nodding her head. "Why wouldn't I be?" 

He didn't know what to say, so he only had his hands on her back, which was strange to her because he never really did that. She looked at him strangely and asked, "Are you trying to cover my back or something?"

"No," he answered shortly, shaking his head. "I'm just..." 

"Seohyun's pretty," she complimented, cutting him off since he seemed lost on what to do at the moment. "She's very pretty. Shouldn't you go say hi to her though? Her gift bag looks really big, looks like she got you a big gift." He nodded his head and grinned at her, starting to walk. He then went behind her and pushed her forward, indicating that she was coming along with him. Minji's eyes went a little big, stuttering to what he was doing. 

Once all of his younger siblings finished saying their hellos to Seohyun, Jong In finally stood in front of her, along with shy Minji towards the side of him. Being able to get a closer look, Minji saw how gorgeous she was, already starting to compare their looks with each other. She knew she shouldn't have done that, but she just couldn't help it, because it was always an insecurity of hers. 

"Hey Seohyun," Jong In greeted for the first time in four years of not seeing each other. He bent down to give her a slight hug and when she patted his back two to three times, he quickly went back to stand next to Minji again. "How are you?" 

Grinning at him and linking her hands in front of her with the gift bag in her hand, she replied, "I'm doing great, how about you?" 

"I'm good." 

"Congratulations on graduating," she praised, staring upon the same face that she remembered the last time she saw him. "Time flies, huh?" 

"Yeah, it does," he replied, feeling a little awkward now because he didn't know what to say. "Are you done with school yet? You studied in Sweden, right?"

"Yeah, I finished a semester ago, so I'm basically back in Korea now." 

"That's good. Early graduation?" 

"Pretty much. I'm just working now. Omma invited Aunt Haeun, so she told me about it, so I wanted to come congratulate you on graduating. I hope that's alright," she said, making Minji amazed by how smart she was. An early graduation was tough, but she was able to manage three years at a foreign college, which was pretty impressive for her. Pretty and smart, what else did she need to have? 

Jong In just smiled and nodded his head. "That's fine, I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy to see you. Have you seen Omma and Appa yet?"

"Not yet. Where are they?" 

"They're around," he answered, scanning the room to see if his parents were anywhere near him. When he saw that they weren't, he turned back to look at her and saw Minji standing there shyly. He chuckled and told Seohyun, "When you see them, just call them. I'm sure they'll be really happy to see you again." 

"I will," she assured, really wanting to talk more to him but the image of the girl standing next to him was slightly standing in her way. When Jong In saw them make eye contact, he pulled Minji more forward and finally introduced her. He smiled widely and said proudly, "This is my girlfriend, Minji. Minji, this is Seohyun."

Seohyun's heart literally skipped a beat when Jong In introduced her as only that, when there was so much more to them than she probably knew. Coughing to restrain herself a bit, Seohyun bit down on her lip and asked, "Girlfriend?" 

"Yeah. We're still Facebook friends, right?" Jong In asked, trying to be as friendly as possible. "I post once in a blue moon, but when I do post, it's mostly of this little monke right here." 

"Yeah, we're still friends on there. I just don't really go on Facebook because of my busy schedule, so I don't really check people's updates," Seohyun slightly lied, now knowing who the girl she was always curious about when she saw Jong In post a picture of her. When scrolling through his page, he never had any captions or anything to indicate their relationship, so she just thought it was a good friend. Trying to keep her head up, she nodded and finally replied to Minji, "Nice to meet you, Minji."

"Same here," she responded shyly, not knowing how to adjust herself in front of Seohyun. 

"So, did you graduate as well?" 

"Not yet," she answered with a bright smile. "I just entered my junior year, so I have about a year left before I graduate."

"Oh, so you're younger than Jong In?"

"Yepp, exactly a year a younger." 

"That's sweet," she replied, sliding her eyes back to look at Jong In. "I never thought you would get a younger girl. When we were younger, you always said you liked girls our age or older because they were mature." Minji completely stopped when she made that comment, and she wasn't able to go further to say anything. What the hell did she mean by Jong In liking mature girls? Did that mean she wasn't mature to her? Not knowing what to do, Minji slightly pinched Jong In on his back, which implied that she felt weird at this point. Jong In smiled at Seohyun and replied instead, "Well I'm dating Minji now, so that statement obviously changed."

Looking back at Minji, she asked her, "So, are you in the engineering field with Jong In as well?" 

"Umm," Minji started, feeling slightly rushed by the fast pace of topic change, blinking at lightening speed. "I'm not in engineering with him. I'm studying education." 

"Oh," she responded, eyes widening. "To be a professor? Do you wanna teach at a university when you're finished? What subject?" 

"Oh no," Minji said slowly, trying to keep up with the conversation, but she felt slightly awkward at this point. "I'm studying elementary education, so I'll be teaching elementary kids when I'm done. And I double major in writing, so I'll probably be teaching them about reading and writing." 

"Wow," she said shortly, giving her a slight grin because she didn't know what else to say. Nodding her head, she continued on, "That's nice. That's a lot different from what I expected Jong In's girlfriend to study." 

"What did you study?" questioned Minji, trying to move on from the topic of her because she felt way too dumb compared to Jong In right now, who had finished a double major in engineering and physics. Seohyun let out a chuckle and answered, "I studied meterology and atmospheric science."

"In Sweden, right?"

"Yepp, at Uppsala University."

"That's so good," Minji stated, highly impressed by all of Seohyun's accomplishments. She was so smart, just like Jong In, and she finished school within three years. Minji heard about Seohyun from Jong In, but she never knew that Seohyun had so much brains. Scratching her head, Minji let out a nervous chuckle and went on, "You must be really good at science then. If I was majoring in those subjects, I'd probably be in school forever."

Seohyun chuckled more, amused by Minji's comment. "Yeah, I'm pretty much a science freak. When Jong In and I were younger, everyone always made fun of us. They called us the freak duo because I loved science so much, while Jong In loved math.

Jong In cleared his throat and started to speak up since he didn't want that conversation getting further for Minji to hear. "You said you were working now, right?" 

With a nod, she responded, feeling slightly content that Jong In was trying to clear a situation with his girlfriend. "Yes. I work at Korea Meteorological Administration as a policy analyst right now, but I'm hoping to move up to be a consultant or researcher soon. But I'll wait until I have more experience with my position right now, it's just the start anyway, I have time." 

"Wow," Minji added on, nodding her head with complete astonishment. "You have a really set plan ahead of you. That's great." 

"Yeah," she replied, looking back at Jong In with a pair of gazing eyes. "I'm that type of person. I know what I want, and I'm always determined to get it. You were like that too, remember? Did that all change now?"

They made eye contact for a few moments, making Jong In observe that Seohyun's stare at him was quite strange. He started to dislike the vibe that she was giving towards him and he didn't really like how she was talking to Minji, even though she was presenting herself as a nice person. Jong In began to question Seohyun's motive for her questions towards Minji and her comments towards him. It seemed like she was trying to intimidate Minji in some way, but he couldn't figure out what she was doing, or why she was even doing it. Even though Jong In was a really stiff at times, he always had a good sense for reading people. And right now, he was reading that Seohyun didn't only come here to congratulate him, but it seems like she had other intentions that he couldn't really figure out. 

All he worried about was Minji right now, who seemed highly uncomfortable with everything that was coming out of Seohyun's mouth. He started to pull Minji away and held onto her wrist, nudging towards Seohyun's gift bag that she was holding. "Is that for me?" 

She looked down at her gift bag then back up with a nod, confused to his sudden change of the subject they were talking about. "Yeah, I got you a gift for your graduation. Omma's present is in here too. Did you want to open it?" 

"Oh, I was just gonna tell you to put it on the present table where everyone else's presents were. It's in the dining room on the big table."

Going completely blank, she was pretty much disappointed in Jong In's reaction of seeing her today. On top of not expecting to be with his girlfriend that seemed to cling on to him, she also didn't expect that he would be this closed towards her after their break-up. She thought he would have at least be happy to see her, or at least miss her in some way, but it didn't seem like he did. He only smiled more at her and said, "I gotta take Minji to meet some of my aunts and uncles, they've been annoying me about meeting her. You know where everything is, feel free to grab food. It's in the patio room." Seohyun only nodded her head at him as he gestured Minji to follow him, and she went right to the side of him, grabbing onto his sleeve. 

As Seohyun watched them go together, she saw Minji's touch on him and observed that she was a lot different from herself. Minji seemed a lot more clingy to Jong In by the way she stood and grabbed onto his sleeve, which surprised her, because Jong In didn't really liked to be touched. She remembered when they were dating, they were the couple that never held hands, never kissed in public and barely ever hugged each other, but the feelings and sparks were still there. None of them minded it because they both weren't affectionate or romantic people, so they got along pretty well in the dating aspect of their relationship. They never had any major problems... Well because both of them were the same. They didn't really express their feelings as much and they weren't the type to cling onto each other all the time, but they still had strong feelings for one another that time. 

Was Jong In even content in this relationship? Given Jong In's personality, she never once in a million years thought that he would be able to handle a playful and bubbly girlfriend who even held on to the sweater of his shirt - it just couldn't make it through her mind that he would be alright with dating someone like that. Jong In always told her that he liked girls more on the quiet and reserved side, and someone most definitely not hyper. Minji didn't seem to have any quality traits that he ever considered in a girl. Minji didn't seem to be anything like Seohyun, and she knew that she was the first girl Jong In ever fell in love with.

It couldn't have been. Jong In couldn't have officially moved on from her, it was impossible. Minji was way too different from him that she couldn't accept the fact that he would be able to move on from someone so similar to him to someone completely opposite. Crossing her arms to try to figure out what to do, she just knew she had to clear with up everything with these two.

Starting with Minji. She had to make it known that Jong In was her first love, and she was his as well. She was going to make it known that all the feelings that she had for Jong In ever since they began dating, still stayed with her. 

When their group of friends finally gathered together by around 5:00, they started to isolate themselves from everyone at the party and grabbed their own drinks and went to go sit at the other section of the massive living room. Even though the living room was big, there was an empty section a part of the room that was considered the television room, where the only thing there was three couches surrounding the entire space and a wide-screen television attached to the wall. Sehun, Minah, Lay, Luna and Mino were already seated with their drinks in their hands, while Krystal and Jong In were about to sit down. When Jong In realized Minji wasn't there, he nudged Krystal in the arm and asked her, "Yo, where's Minji? Is she playing games with us?"

"She said she was getting more food," Krystal answered, poking her head to scan the room. "I'm pretty sure that's where she is. But yeah, she's joining in the game."

"I'll go check in the patio room. Did you want a beer? I'm gonna grab one before I sit down, and go get Minji." He asked back, looking at her for the answer. Krystal enlargened her eyes and nodded her head to reply, "Get me a wine cooler or something, dude. I want something fruity. If there's not any left, I just want a soda."

"Okay. Do you want more food?" 

"No, I can't eat like you and Minji. I'm mad full. All the adults kept feeding me, I can't stuff any more food down my stomach." 

With a chuckle, Jong In just said, "Okay. I'm gonna go get Minji then. Make sure no one takes our seat, and make sure the sisters don't join us. I can't expose them to what they're gonna hear when we play this stupid game."

"Psh, okay then. Hurry up and get your girlfriend." 

Krystal went to go sit down as Jong In bumped into Jungkook while turning around. Jungkook widened his eyes as his soda was about to spill but Jong In just grabbed his wrist to make the cup stay still. With a smile, he complimented, "Nice save, Hyung." Jungkook peeked saw all of his friends crowding themselves at the television part of the room and questioned, "You guys gonna play a game?" 

"Yeah. Make sure Ji Soo and Joy don't come around here. I don't want them to hear what we're about to talk about. You know how Mino and everyone gets when they've had too much alcohol." 

"Will do, Hyung," Jungkook said, obeying his older brother as he always did. "Minji Noona isn't playing?"

"I'm about to go get her to join us," he answered, scratching his head. "Have you seen her?" 

"Umm yeah, last time she was talking to Jimin in the kitchen. That was like five minutes ago, so I'm pretty sure she's still there."

The muscles in his face tightened up when Jungkook told him, so he bent his head forward to ask clearer. "Wait, Jimin? Our cousin, Jimin?"

"Yeah, our cousin."

"As in, Shin Jimin our older cousin, or Park Jimin, our younger cousin?" He asked, since he had two cousins with the same name, one who was a female and one who was a male. 

"Park... The younger one. The one you can't see his eyes when he smiles. The boy," Jungkook answered shortly, answering every one of Jong In's questions in order. Jong In scratched his head stressfully and sighed, "Damn it, Jungkook. Why did you leave Minji and Jimin together in a room where no one is in? You know Jimin has been looking at Minji ever since he came in? The first thing he asked me when he saw us was, where's Minji Noona?" 

"I couldn't really see what he was looking at," Jungkook answered with a small laugh. "I don't know where his eye direction is going, Hyung. It's small. And I didn't leave them in a room together, they were already there. I just came out because people were calling me and Omma has been making me take out the trash like I got wings to carry it easily or something."

He sighed once more, dismayed to how oblivious his little brother was. Park Jimin was Jong In and Jungkook's cousin, obviously being the same age as Jungkook because they were both seventeen years old. However, they were quite different where Jungkook was more towards the shy and sweet side, while Jimin was the complete opposite, super outgoing and super flirty with every girl that comes by him. Jong In knew he had a slight crush on Minji because every time he saw her, he would become more touchy and send sweet signals to her, but he didn't do anything further because she was obviously taken by him. He wasn't a bad kid, he just got a little carried away with his crush on her. 

Shaking his head, he stated, "Alright. I'll go get Minji myself."

When they separated from each other, Jong In headed towards the kitchen where Jungkook said he last saw her. 

Once he stepped into the kitchen to get his girlfriend, her and Jimin were already having a conversation that he felt slightly rude interrupting. 

"Seriously Noona," Jimin said as Jong In arrived to the kitchen doorway, seeing Minji's face and Jimin's back. Minji made slight eye contact with him and smiled, turning back to listen to Jimin talk. "If you come visit me in Busan, I promise to take you to all the nice beaches, Noona. The condominium that my parents own... I can tell them to save a special room for you because we have one room that has a balcony and leads to a pool right from there. That room also has the best ocean view, so you have to come visit if you want to take awesome beach pictures." 

Snickering and crossing his arms, Jong In leaned against the doorway, negatively bothered by Jimin showing off his fancy condominium that his parents own to his girlfriend. Jong In knew his cousin meant no harm to anyone, but Jimin was just crushing on the wrong girl right now. He just waited to see what else he would say, which is why he wasn't going in yet. Jong In wasn't the type of get crazy jealous or angry whenever she talked to someone, he was just overprotective because sometimes she was too nice to back away herself, even when she didn't want to talk back. 

Minji smiled at the adorable boy and replied, "Aww thanks Jimin. I'm sure I'll get really good pictures if I ever go to Busan. I'll definitely come visit. No need for the special room though, I'm sure all the rooms are super nice." 

"Heh," Jimin slightly said with a nervous laugh. "Oh right, if you ever need a model for your pictures, you can call me." The moment he offered that, he made a silly face at her to make her laugh. Since Jong In was staring at Jimin's back, he was slightly bothered to see why Jimin was trying to get her to visit him at his hometown, without even suggesting his name. It would only make sense if Minji went with Jong In, since they were a couple, and Jimin and Jong In were the cousins. 

Nodding her head, Minji said, "Okay, I'll definitely call you when I need a model. Prepare for it, okay?" 

"Ah, if you're gonna call me, doesn't that mean you need my number then?" 

Minji got a little lost for words, so she blinked a few times and remained silent. After a few seconds, she gave a beyond cheesy smile and said, "I'll use Jong In's phone to call you. My phone's not on me right now and I have a bad memory if you give me the number off the bat." 

Letting her know he got sad, Jimin gave her a pout. "You don't wanna hang out with me, Noona?" 

"I do, I do," answered Minji, feeling bad now. "I promise I'll go visit. Whenever your Jong In Hyung goes, I'll go with him too so we can hang out together." 

"Wah Noona," Jimin whined. "Jong In Hyung never comes to visit me at all. I'd have to wait for my next life until I can hang out with you then." 

"Nah, I'll make him bring me. Don't worry about it. I will drag him by the collar of his shirt or hoodie, and make him drive his way there." 

"Well, you can drive, right Noona? If you're ever free, just drive down. There's one beach with a really cool walkway on the ocean that is so awesome at night. And swimming is really cool around that area. The less people, the more you'll see, I guarantee it." 

"So, it'll be me, you and Jong In?" Minji questioned with really big eyes having so much curiosity in her mind. "I might have to drag him when we're in the water. The only thing I can do is float."

"You mean you don't know how to swim?"

"I can float," Minji answered, waving her arms up and down to show him what she can do. Jong In only laughed at how silly she looked, but her hyper self was always too cute for him. As Minji saw Jong In's reaction, she scrunched up her face just a bit and went on with Jimin, "But yeah, that's how I'll look when I'm swimming. That's my knowledge with swimming so if I drown, your Jong In Hyung will just laugh at me first then save me after." 

"I won't be like that," he said confidently, eye smiling at her. "If you drown, I'll go save you first. What else can you ask from Jong In Hyung? He's the only male species I know that swims with a t-shirt on." 

"Shoot, if he leaves me drowning, I'm gonna drag onto his t-shirt then."

Jimin looked at her with a cunning smile and said, "Wouldn't it be better if someone wasn't wearing a shirt then? You don't even have to drag on to me, I'd just save you." 

Not being able to think of anything to say, Minji just awkwardly smiled and let out a few chuckles in response. He was pulling out some flirtacious lines that she wasn't really used to and the number one thing he seemed so confident in was his body. Before their condominium conversation, he kept talking about his toned muscles and how he barely wears a shirt when he's back at his hometown. Coughing loudly for both of them to hear, Jong In couldn't handle the conversation anymore, so he finally went in to interrupt them. Jimin jumped a little from the loud cough he heard and turned around to see his older cousin walking in the kitchen. Nervously laughing, he started, "Oh, hi Hyung."

"What are you guys talking about?" Jong In asked, going to stand beside Minji and placing his arms on the kitchen table, which was right behind her back. Jimin became slight intimidated, but at the same time, jealous that he was able to place his hands anywhere around Minji. He kind of wished he had that opportunity, but that was slightly hard because he knew he didn't stand the chance. 

Smiling at him, she answered, "Oh, Jimin wants us to go visit him at Busan to check out the awesome beaches they have there. And he said he'll take us around since he his parents own a condo there." 

"You Noona, I said you. I didn't mean you two," he corrected Minji, sliding his eyes over to look at Jong In. "Jong In Hyung never visits me, I visit him more than how many times Minji Noona says your name."

"Why would she visit without me there though?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes at the younger boy. Jimin stood straightly and coughed nervously, not knowing what to see. Giving him a smile, Jong In said, "Dude, why would I visit you anyway? You come up to Seoul literally all the time. I don't need to see your , you acting like we see each other once a year or something." 

"Umm Hyung... That's a simple question. It's Busan. It has beaches. It's not Seoul." 

Rolling his eyes, he responded, "Shoot, you mad annoying, why would I wanna see your puny eyes all the time?" 

"Just bring Minji Noona sometime to come visit," Jimin commanded, making his eyes bigger on purpose. Minji hit his stomach lightly, inferring to stop being mean to his cute little cousin. As Jimin continued, he said, "I need new people to visit me anyway, if I wait for Minji Noona to wait for you, Hyung, I'll be a skeleton on the shore of the beaches. The only thing left will be my shirt and my pants."

"More like your pants because I barely see you wear a shirt during the summer," he replied, making Minji smile amusingly. With a jokingly sad face, he clenched his teeth at Jong In, causing him to roll his eyes. Jong In snickered and went on, "Ah, just for you man, I'll go visit you in Busan and I will bring your Minji Noona along for you. I'll even give her to you all day and I'll go play volleyball at my favorite gym over there. I ain't swimming, that's not my thing. I don't even like taking off my shirt."

"Yeah, and I don't think your beautiful face needs a tanning session," Jimin joked, but satisfied with the answer that he was going to give his Minji Noona to him when he visited. Minji lightly grabbed Jong In's arms that she always thought was toned and muscular enough for her, just to that he said he didn't like taking off his shirt. Jong In faked a laugh for Jimin and went on, "Fool, Minji covers herself up when she's swimming too. She wears a big t-shirt and shorts. If she could bring an umbrella in the water, she would do that too."  

"Umm Minji Noona," Jimin responded, looking directly at her. "You wear all of that when you're going out for a swim?" 

"Heh, I don't swim," she said shyly. "I float."

Instead, Jong In answered further, "Yeah, she doesn't wear bathing suits. There's no two-piece or one-piece for her, she comes in a full wetsuit. No need to get your hopes up." 

"Jong In Hyung," Jimin hissed softly, trying to get him to be quiet. Seeing that it's been a while since they've been in the kitchen, Jong In turned to Minji and asked, "Did you get your food yet? They're waiting for us to play a game. Mino bought his dirty card game of something called Truth and Truth, and he bought a new game he wants us to all try out."

"I'm all set," she said, grabbing her plate of food that she set aside when Jimin began talking to her. "I just got caught up to talking to this cute boy over here, so I took a while." 

Jong In lightly pushed her to walk out of the kitchen so Minji gave him a small wave and mouthed, "I'll talk to you later." Jimin nodded at her and the two of them walked out of the kitchen to go join their friends.

Once they got back to the living room and back to the television section where all of their friends were sitting, all of them had taken up three of the provided seats that were there. Luna, Sehun and Minah sat next to each other on one long couch, while Minah was closest to the television on the wall. On the single sofa chair, Lay had been sitting on and faced the television directly. And the other long couch that was across from Sehun and Minah, Krystal and Mino were sitting on. Mino, being closest to the television, saw Minji and Jong In come closer so he pushed over for Minji to sit next to Krystal. Smiling happily because she was sitting next to Krystal, Minji carefully took her seat next to her and placed her food on the table in front. 

Sehun called for Jong In and asked, "You wanna sit here dude?"

"Nah," he rejected, shaking his head and taking his seat on the arm of the couch that Minji, Krystal and Mino were on. "I'll sit on the edge, just in case people call me." 

"Psh," Mino spoke up, rolling his eyes at Jong In. "Just admit you just wanna sit next to your girlfriend, no one's here to judge. We're just here to make fun of you." 

As Minji and everyone else laughed, Jong In pointed the table and began to explain himself. "Fool, do you see that table? And do you see how small this area is? I am not looking like an idiot to pull my leg over that table just to go sit next to Sehun's ugly . Besides, my entire family is here, someone is bound to call me to ask me what I'm doing with my life. I'm sitting here." Adjusting himself to be more comfortable, Jong In placed his position on the arm of the couch and held onto his beer bottle carefully, since he didn't want to spill it. 

At that particular moments, Jong In saw Ji Soo pass by, seeing that she looked at their section with a curious expression. With excited and widened eyes, she questioned, "Ooh Oppa, what games are you guys playing? Can I join?" 

" only, Ji Soo," he replied, giving her a slight shove to get away from this area. 

"The hell Oppa, I'm 19."

"Okay. and the no-siblings zone. Capiche?"

"Ugh, you're such a bum Oppa," she said with an eye roll, crossing her arms and leaving them bothered that she wasn't able to join.

"Anyways," Mino said, going on with the game now. "This is how the game works. It's called Cards Against Humanity. The pile with the black card is basically the question card, while the white cards that you guys are going to get is the answer card. Say I pull out a black card and it says 'What are my parents hiding from?' You'd have to pull out one of your cards that you think best answers the question and the person who read the card has to choose which one he or she likes the most. It's all options, if you think it's the funniest, you can choose it. If you think it makes the most sense, you can choose it. That's pretty much it."

"So, what does this game have a winner?" asked Jong In, looking at Mino because he was lost on how to play the game.

Scratching his messy black colored bangs on his forehead, he responded, "The person whose answer gets picked five times win the game, that means the rest of the losers gotta take shots. This game is to basically test your sense of humor, so if anyone gets the most cards, that means you got a sense of humor. Everyone ready to start?" 

"What happened to your erted Truth or Truth game?" Krystal questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. Mino smirked and replied, "Oh trust me, we're getting to that game. We gotta get people a little tipsy first then that game will be more fun. This game was just on sale on the counter, so I bought it." 

"Alright, whose starting?" She asked in a careless tone, wanting to start already.

Tilting his head a few times to read the beginning instructions thoroughly, Mino tried to grasp everything so he could explain to everyone how to begin. He coughed to clear his voice and said, "Okay, so I have to choose one question of who has done what recently and the person who did it the most recently has to go first."

"What question is i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter