Chapter Seven

Sasaeng's Pen

Jikyun ran as fast as she could. And in one of the streets alongside Gangnam, was a gigantic commotion. There were teenagers on uniform crowding the area. Not to mention the people dressed in Police Uniform and police patrols around.

It wasn’t the commotion which caught her to stop right there. But instead, it was this familiar and friendly van parked near the commotion. It looked like one of those vans she used to chase before. It was a van of incredible familiarity to her. That white 15-carrier van, with a slight scratch on the side near the windows. It was…

She then turned to the commotion, trying to figure out how to get up front despite the wave of people crowding the area. Jikyun looked upwards the tall building and recognized it to be a hotel. It wasn’t a Five-Star one, but yet people tend to frequent it.

From where she was standing, there was approximately a 15-meter ferocious distance to the entrance of the building, 113 feet blocking her way and no possibility to get inside, except for flying above the crowd and passing through the people without them noticing it.

The engine on her head cranked, gears locked up — formed a smoke and broke her whole engine down.

“I… I got an…-I got nothing…,” she retreated and scratched her head in embarrassment. Jikyun wasn’t an honor student, nor did she have an IQ as of Copernicus does. But hell, this isn’t rocket science for her not to figure out a simple plan. A simple plan a normal South Korean College Graduate could easily formulate for seconds, and she was an abnormal sasaeng fan who did finished college but took minutes and still got nothing.

“I… I am useless. Nothi—“

She was caught off guard when a battalion of female teenagers walked pass through her. It was the tingling familiar sensations she felt. She shifted her gaze on the teenagers and noticed something; they were wearing black shirts with a printed back which says, “Azamu.”

She searched her lexicon and found it on the farthest page.

Azamu – The richest and most famous group of sasaeng fans. Often mistaken to be fansite masters as of how they resemble them.

She remembered her only encounter with one of them. It was an EXO Concert, Lost Planet, in fact , wherein tickets cost almost $300,000. Jikyun’s group just chose to camp outside as for the tickets are nowhere near of what they could afford.

The group, Azamu, was so desperate to get tickets when they were selling out, they actually had to create a commotion and cut off the line. No, I am not referring to simple pushes or pull, they diverse a pretty clever plan to get inside. A member acted as if she was fainting causing everyone to form a commotion around her, and with a flash, the tickets sell out having all the members inside. The one who “fainted” stoop up with all confidence and winked at everyone, grabbed her ticket from another member and vanished.

No wonder, “Azamu” is the Japanese for deceive. They sure knew how to deceive and bear false against people around them. But why must they be in such a situation where no idols are involved?

The light bulb flickered on her head and realized, she could just stroll pass these people, ignoring the existence of fellow sasaeng fans around. As time flew, the crowd got thicker and thicker outside and Jikyun found where the main commotion was.

At the lobby of the 13th floor.

Holding a 20-inch model of Baekhyun’s Snowflake Ring from the Mama Era, she was attempting to crack her stomach bleeding with the pointy edge. She looked like a devastated walking zombie. As if she was a cast of The Walking Dead.

Insect bites cascading around her eyes, cheeks filled with mountains of freckles and acne revolving into volcanoes, a body weighing almost 75Kg or more, a head of 8 weeks of uncombed hair. She looked wasted. She looked pitiful.

Jikyun studied the atmosphere more and shifted her attention to the people instead of the girl. She noticed 7 to 8 people wearing pink shirts. The shirts weren’t identical but the shade was quite all the same. They weren’t moving as a group but they were all over the place, taking care of errands.

“Baby Pink shade #1313.” She whispered to herself. “SM’s shade of pink.”

Tingling sensations her like lightning, burning trees to ashes. These people were familiar.  In fact, their faces were imprinted to hers. They were the helpers — the helpers of managers who takes care of sasaeng issues, car banging, and errands. Most hated staff of the company.

“Helpers are my most hated people in the world! Living a sasaeng life, facing them is a counter part of your choice. Being free has a responsibility to encounter. They can kill, and they already did. I witnessed it but never dared approaching the police about it. For one, thy might not believe me. For two, they could have killed me also. “ Jikyun remembered her essay on her note the day before she died.

It all fell into place that she, Jikyun, and other sasaeng fans as well, were trapped by SM Entertainment into a big four-dimensional cage. Baekhyun’s words echoed to her eardrums. “I just wanna tell you that The Big Three are going to get rid of all of you. They’re actually devising a plan to get rid of every one of you, once.”

Jikyun looked through the transparent walls and saw that all the commotion was gone. And the girl with the Baekhyun Ring was also gone. The lobby became crowded. More and more mass of people dug themselves inside. All of a while, the lights flickered. And a spotlight was fixed on the CEO. Ah yes, long time no see, Soo Man! And another light was spotting on Young Min.

Young Min the female .

Jikyun examined all the exits, blocked like God’s cave they were, armed with security. Soo Man started making his speech, breaking the ice. Ferociously making her tremble and turn into a pool of icky goo. It was as if she anticipated this, before, but was never prepared to face such happenings.

“Did you know that everyone has an end in it?” the old moron joked. But no one found it funny except for the two retards laughing their off on stage. All of the attention was glued to them, obviously. It was as if an album launch but with sasaeng fans as guests instead of honorable individuals.

“My dear sasaeng fans, I all have a gift for all of you!”Young Min followed with a rather irritating tone. “We brought EXO, SHINee, So Nyu Shi Dae, f(x), DBSK, BoA, Suju with us. Everything was an act to all of my fans, thank you for attending this marvelous event. And also, thank you for helping us get rid of all of you!” he continued as if offering a speech to his loved one. 

Behind Soo Man and Young Min was an enormous glass container, containing all the artists. Yuri, Taeyeon, Henry, BoA, Onew, others, and Baekhyun at the end. They waved a forceful act and tried smiling.

Our spirit’s hand started to tremble. “Rid” was just vague and irritating to directly use. It was as if your main target and reason is to wash them down the drain or spray alcohol to them like bacteria. This is much of what she could handle. She could eat dirt if you wished to, she could sell her body if she needed to, but to be treated as if trash and nothing?

A salted water drop from her waterline came out, dripping slowly down her cheeks, dampening her soul. They were already nothing and trash but now you are treating them more useless than a trash— as if a rat to be killed, Ebola to be prevented.

Jikyun gathered herself and wiped off the tear with her confidence. “You already treat us to be nothing. And now, you literally want us to be nothing?! What, are you crazy? We are humans too who have families and background. Some may have gone overboard but consider others as well! Is your heart pea-sized or dust-sized?!” she shouted from where she was standing, tried to increase her decibels for everyone to hear.

Everyone became silent, as if acknowledging her presence.  For a second, she felt what she needed. Attention. Everyone clapped their hands together as if applauding the speech. But she was wrong, it wasn’t meant to be for her. But instead, it was for Baekhyun, who was not in a place where Soo Man will be happy about. 

“You already treat them to be nothing. And now, you literally want them to be nothing?! What, are you crazy? They are humans too who have families and background. Some may have gone overboard but consider others as well! Is your heart pea-sized or dust-sized?!” Baekhyun spoke out.

All of a while, a sound of broken glass awoke everyone. On the window-like walls was a girl who just jumped off of the barrier, causing a loud shattering to be heard. On the 13th floor, another fan attempted to commit suicide. The same reason as why she died.

Everyone followed. The sasaeng fans have no choice. If they go through the safest exit, a bullet would haunt them down. Jikyun just watched how all the fans did the same and passed though her. Her jaw fell as he noticed who just passed her.

It was Baekhyun, running towards the broken window where everyone else was just too idiotic to jump off of. “No baekhyun, don’t!” she tried to forbid him from doing so but he waved his hand and bid good bye, as if saying, “Sayonara!’


[A/N]: Hello my dearies! How are you, all? Months of not updating. Here I am now, on Novemeber 13th Presenthing a 13 Themed Chapter to everyone. Comment? May you? Subscribe? Will you? Upvote? Can you? :3 I missed writing so much. Hahaha xD