Chapter Eight

Sasaeng's Pen

Jikyun stared at Baekhyun’s smiling face; asking herself what was so funny about. Indeed, Baekhyun was smiling, both corners pointing upwards. It was as if he was happy about it. But little did he know, Jikyun was nowhere near the word “happy.” It was as if a farewell goodbye to someone you hate, a farewell of happiness, not a farewell of hatred. Baekhyun was cheerful about it, but she wasn’t.

What a picturesque moment it made. With Baekhyun’s newly dyed blonde hair glimmered through the sky. It was as if a 24Karat gold sample as the air blew it against it. It was Baekhyun waving a goodbye, ready to jump. It was as if a photo shoot, with SM’s photographer capturing a picture to be published as a magazine. But no, she found nothing about it to be good or whatsoever.

In fact, she found every bit of it to be wrong;
The hand wave which sent her running and blazing like fire furious of what could have just happen.

She found the edge to be dangerous.


 He was just a few centimeters to the edge, a few centimeters to death. Broken glasses pointing at his feet ready to cut through his flesh and persuade the blood out. It was a minefield out there! One wrong move and you could instantly meet Death the Kid.

She found the person in the situation to be the wrong one.

Heck, she was supposed to crossover, but no, she chose to watch over him, she chose to sacrifice everything she has. “Stalking?” Well, it wasn’t the right term to be used. “Guarding” was. She wasted her time for him, and all he did to pay her back is to commit suicide?

She sacrificed her family for him who does not even know she breathed air. The consequences for her weren’t a win-win situation but it was her life for her. She did all this, she was in this, she died like this, and she went through all this just for him. It was as if Baekhyun wasted the reason why she felt alive.

Jikyun was crying silently on her box-like cage, simply watching how he attempts to jump. She was assuming Baekhyun was being selfish, not realizing about the fans, her, and above all, his career. If she could be three-dimensional again, she swore she could have just slapped Baekhyun right across his pretty face for wasting all her efforts.

It wasn’t the lovey-dovey kind of quarrel but it was a fan-idol quarrel involving a life, a soul could only gain once, efforts that were funded all throughout a lifetime. If she was a cat who has nine lives, she could have just let it pass, but again, she wasn’t.

She was close to breaking down— it was her only choice, after all. She can’t influence her surroundings. She doesn’t possess any supernatural power to save Baekhyun. She was a spirit of uselessness. She had to self-proclaim herself to be the Goddess of Uselessness to prove how useless she was. Don’t spirits possess powers? Possession? Moving things?

But she wasn’t informed that Baekhyun wanted to end all of this. Baekhyun needed a stop, a change, a nightmare of a peak, an ending. He needed to finish this life he got into, almost ruining his life. He was tired and pushed over his limits. He wanted to stop the crazy havoc o fall this.  

True, it was his decision to become a trainee, and later, debut as an idol. But it wasn’t the kind of life they promised and described to him. They promised a good, never-ending-money, happy life. But it was nowhere those adjectives. It was crazy. It was different. It was hopeless.

He was tired of running away from fans, of being a puppy to obey CEO’s decisions, of being a stupid reckless mess for not even having a true love life. He was exhausted of that kind of life. He needed a rest, an eternal rest. And so he chose this way.

Kris and Luhan chose to terminate their contracts but Baekhyun chose his way. He needed not to be chased by this life. He was affirmative that Kris was still being after fans, still has that kind of lifestyle, and Luhan as well. So it was his best decision after all.

For all his life he decided to always be the giver and not to be selfish. But today, he chose to do it different. He chose to make his life as his first priority before anything else. He chose to at least do this once, only once he wished for it.

Jikyun saw how Baekhyun mocked her death, as if mocking her on an irritating way. She was close to not believe and cut this nonsensicality off. Her mind filled with scolds about herself, pouring through all her dignity.

It was so idiotic of her to believe in such thing, to hope for nothing, to assume there is a thing. But it was all her world; her world which trapped her and prohibited her neither from getting out nor from coming in.

Until…

Baekhyun hummed a soft tone which awaked her crying heart once more. Her heart became rehydrated after hearing him hum such song. His humming developed into firm singing. It was a nice, heartwarming song.

All I hear is raindrops,
Falling on the rooftop
Oh baby tell me why’d you have to go
Cause this pain I feel it won’t go away
And today, I’m officially missing you~

He ended the song with a soft note emphasizing the code behind the lyrics.

“Did he?” she asked herself pausing from her cries and whimpers. She watched how Baekhyun gracefully jumped still singing the beautiful song. It was sinful like watching for an 8 Year Old Child. It was sinful having to witness a death.

Jikyun paced through the edge with a speed of 10 km/second, if such speed exists. And without any hesitation, she did it again. She jumped over again without a specific plan. She was not even sure if she would float or what, but she jumped.

The familiar gushing feeling of the wind welcomed her, it was mocking her death. She loathed her death and so a memory of hers but this was an exception.

As her soul inched near his falling body, he was still humming the song, putting grace into every note, every tune, every word he emits.

Oh~ Cant nobody do it like you (woah woah)
Said every little thing you do
Hey baby say it stays on my mind
And I… I’m officially missing you

Jikyun saw it, saw the white string hanging over his neck and examined it further. Indeed, it was her pen, her pen which she longed so much seeing, her pen which she left as a mark about her in this world, the only reason why she felt alive, thriving and her heart to be beating.

He kept it. All her doubts were indeed right. He looked through her notebook. He kept her pen. He cared. He cared for her. He cared for her! Carve it on a stone, he did! She could care less for all of what was happening. He cared. He was bothered. He mind about her.

She could have just jumped and clapped her hands together in joy, but celebrating will eb later, saving Baekhyun should be her priority. After all, all her life, he was her only priority.

Jikyun’s eyes were flooded by tears as all her efforts finally came to an end. It finally had a good bearing onto it. The treeshe planted for so long finally bore a fruit. She finally gained what she was chasing after the whole time. It was only what she wanted—Care.

She hugged Baekhyun’s falling body. She hugged it tightly not hoping a reflex action against it. She hugged it without hopes or worries but she continued to hugged him, caressed his body. With every inch of power she left with her soul, she clasped him between her long but invisible arms and rubbed her face against his chest, burried her thoughts away.

She looked over that soft luscious pink lips and kissed it, kissed it with all dignity she has left with her body, with all love, with every emotion she could gather. She nibbled against his lips like her life depended on it. She pecked without him knowing it. She kissed him like how she wished she could. Her lips ached for contact against his, only his, and no one else’s. Her soul wished for more, if she could go any further. And she felt Baekhyun responding to her actions. She wasn’t experienced but kept her eyes tightly shut. Baekhyun responded to her actions under her lips by moving his upper lip and gliding them with hers, puckering his lips to match hers. For a second, she thought she was brought back to life. But he was just humming, making his lips to appear to be moving.

The kiss was electrifying. To her, it was Baekhyun she was kissing. But to him, it was the cold mist of the air he was pecking his lips to. To him, it was nothing. But to her it was everything.

I’m officially missing you, Jikyun.

He hummed and caressed her name with his tongue. Jikyun was shocked and pulled away from the kiss. It was all she ever wanted, wished and archaic for, all she ever desired to have. More than what she prayed to God. Everything she needed was given to her to accompany her need. It was all she ever wished, all her life.

“Baekhyun, saranghae,” she softly uttered.

They were only 3 meters away from the ground and the rate of death was nearing them as impact was closing to them. They both closed their eyes shut at the same time. Baekhyun wrapped his hands around her hips and hummed more to calm her down.

Jikyun shifted their position and made sure her back was facing the ground. Hoping Baekhyun wouldn’t be affected by the impact. She can’t do the calculations neither the science but what she was capable of doing so was to hope and pray.

3 meters…

2 meters…

1 meter…

And whoop!


[A/N]: Hohoho, fellas! I, cuteismysterious, just wrote her first kissing scene! Huehue :) Well, I also proclaim Officially Missing You as one of the OSTs. I will be posting the full soundtrack tomorrow or maybe on Teusday. Induldge witch Masayume Chasing and Officially Missing You as of now. BTW, I used Masayume Chasing on the fourth chapter, check it out!

Teaser for the songs, eh?