Prologue

Sasaeng's Pen

Prologue

It was another hectic day for every Korean superstar and EXO is still inside the recording station. The sun was flaring outside and tension was building up already.

Sasaeng groups have already crowded outside and so as Jikyun’s group. They  were all waiting for EXO to step foot out of the building and surely, the thrilling chase of sasaeng fans for EXO will start.

But based on Jikyun’s experience, she sure knows that it’s too early and EXO won’t be coming out from the building in the next 2 hours.

Why can't they just sneak inside the recording building  than wait? Oh, yes. Because for one, the security's deadly; it's impossible to get in. For two, if you may get in you can't get out. And for three, if you may get in and get out, you won't be living again with complete body parts.

Every sasaeng’s suffering outside under the red hot sun. They chose this path then they’ll suffer under the circumstances. They don’t have a choice, do they? It was their fault for choosing this, there’s perfectly no reason to feel sorry for them.

Why did they even choose this path, anyway? It will just ruin the whole society and their lives. It will just stain up the name of South Korea and what an ugly impression it will make to visitors.

It’s the ugliest decision a Korean teenager will ever make. It is the most stupid idea of all ideas, the most worthless path of all the great ways to choose from. It is nothing but bad and unworthy, it is a hideous and crummy choice. It is a very ignorant option.

They better just go to the Han River and dive there or go to the top floor of the SM Building and jump than doing this. Stalking was never been a great choice in life. Would you rather be a stalker than a professional?

They better just lock themselves in a cage and never get out than stalking. They won’t even accept that what they’re doing is stalking. Following someone and chasing them. Taking pictures of them that they love to stare upon every time.

Stalking is a tough topic in the industry. Psychologists and all that stupid scientific crap cannot explain the reason. They could diagnose these fans with some brain-related diseases or some kind of personality disorder, but let’s be real here, they can’t say the real reason behind these sasaeng fans’ actions.

Sasaeng’s are the only ones who could explain why they stalk and not some crummy old psychologists with a lab coat who studied psychology for years. People may criticize and rant about them, but these rants never changed a fan.

People say that they aren’t even fans to begin with, they’re stalkers. Netizens always react with such hurtful words such as gross, disgusting, stupid, but do they even care to know about these people? Do they even care to pay attention and look who’s the real culprit? No, they don’t care.

Yes, they are the dirt on the South Korean flag; the scandal of South Korea, the dark side of the K-Culture but have the community forgot that there are feelings behind those rumors and news about them?

Have the intelligent nation of people became blind to not even see the mistakes happening?

To tell you frankly, sasaeng fans are really foolish and very idiotic! They crashed Baekhyun’s brother’s wedding, flashed their camera at the event and etc. Don’t they know that they spent a lot of time planning for that wedding? They wanted a real wedding, an extravagant marriage and all you did was crash it?!

And when Tao ranted about you stupid sasaeng ‘fans’, you got angry and placed flowers for the dead people in front of the SM Building. That’s very childish and ignorant. Sasaengs are a big problem in the industry and must be washed out.

They must be flushed away. Why haven’t the government done something for this? Is President Park deaf to not hear about the news? Can’t they just lock up those insane fans that lose it already?

Suddenly, the sasaeng fans outside started to roam the place for information they could sell online. While Jikyun just leaned over to her pad and pen and started writing.

“Hmmm…Since it’s my first note on this journal through this pen, how shall I start?” Jikyun thought to herself, tapping the pencil onto her chin. She then decided to start the story with a biography, a simple biography of her life.

If you’ll assume that she’s normal, her life would be boring. But since she’s a sasaeng fan and beyond normal, her life’s amazing, fantastic and thrilling. You might want to hold on the edge of your set while I show you the real meaning of life.

I was born and given the name Jikyun on the 7th day of May, 1993. My mom told me Jikyun is a name picked randomly by her. I was the only child of the family and lived a pretty normal life for 18 years.

Later on, I discovered my own country’s music and started as a normal fan. I watched various groups perform in concerts, in Inkigayo and other shows. I also attended fansigns before. Pretty much I was just plain old boring normal fan who lived an amazing life back then. I love those groups and actually became creepy for dreaming about them.

 And when I heard about this awesome group 2 years ago, named EXO, I got easily attracted just like the others. I was caught off guard of their perfection. And there’s this one amazing member who is really incredible and amazing, he was Byun Baekhyun.

According to the Wikipedia, Baekhyun is the mood-maker of the group. He is the main vocalist and the one who has great eyesmile that would melt people. He could play the piano and He even could do hapkido! He’s amazing. He’s fingers are incredible, is he even human?

Sometimes I would ask myself if he’s a robot, but of course, he is not. I mean, come on, and look at that smile. He’s gorgeous lips! And he really is funny. In one interview, when the host asked every member what is their distinct facial feature, he answered, “My hips.” Then when the host replied, “Could we see it?” He was like, “Sure!”  He was even attempting to pull his shirt but then he realized, “Oh, no. You can’t see it.”

He’s really funny. He’s the perfect guy every girl dream to have. He is very unique and for example, I have a box of 64 crayons and he’s not –

Jikyun was just about to continue writing the short introduction when she was interrupted by the leader of their group, Yongki, who was wailing with her phone in her hand. “Guys, guys, guys. I got Baekhyun’s number!” She shouted joyfully.

Everyone started to gather around her and get the phone number. “Are you sure this is the correct number?” Jikyun asked with an unsure tone. Everyone’s eyes started to be curious until the leader, Yongki spoke, “Nah, Jikyun, my dongsaeng, this is the right number. I got it from a reliable source!”

Yongki patted Jikyun’s head for not trusting her. “And since, this is the one we are waiting for since the year started,” Yongki continued while checking her phone. It became silent as everyone got their noses onto their phones.

Jikyun quickly registered the number in her contacts and named it as “Baekkie-oppa”. She then texted the number.

Baekhyun-oppa!  This is Yong Jikyun, your sasaeng fan! >.< Be ready to meet me!

She then her phone and fixed her notebook with her pen. Suddenly, her phone started beeping. “Yah, Jikyun. Answer your phone!” The other members reminded her.

When she went back to her phone and saw the caller ID, she was shock to see who it was. “Baekkie-oppa,” The phone reads. Usually celebrities don’t reply to sasaeng fans because that is pretty much self explanatory. It could cause trouble and even get the celebrity to be suspended.

A simple exchange of text message might cause hurt and danger to both the celebrity and the fans. It might cause other fans to in the conversation.

But why did Baekhyun reply to Jikyun? Is it happening that celebrities finally gave a way to sasaeng fans? No, that is impossible and will never happen. But will Baekhyun and Jikyun be close because of a simple text messages? No, because no such thing exists.

No…because no such thing will happen to a disgrace for the society. No, because sasaeng fans are never those to be gifted with blessings…


Author's Incredible Part to Babble: Well, hello there! Sorry for the long wait. I hoped you like what I presented for today. COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE and UPVOTE! Comment now, subscribe now. Awooo~ I'll sure love you. *Sings with the tone Wolf*

Don't be such a silent reader! Let's talk together through the comment box below. Tell me watcha thinkin' about the story. I have great plans for Jikyun! Don't worry, I don't bite. Ahehe. Anyways, anneyong!