Chapter Two

Sasaeng's Pen

Chapter Two

Jikyun was marching towards the shop as planned when she realized something and started asking herself, “Hey, what am I doing? What am I so happy about?” She laughed at her own stupidity.

“Do I want the media to see me meeting with Baekhyun and die? Do I want the other sasaengs to struggle me to death?” She continued pointing to herself and shook her head as a response to her answer. “No. I don’t want myself to get killed.”

She then pulled her brown hoodie to cover her eyes and proceeded to walking. The streets were pretty much empty and cold wind was passing through. There were a few vehicles that passed through.

When she reached the said coffee shop, Baekhyun was nowhere to be found. Infact, the whole shop was empty and looks like it’s about to close already. Jikyun didn’t really care and just waited for him, still hoping that he’ll come.

She anticipated that Baekhyun will show up since Baekhyun was the one who called her. She still waited for him to come. Jikyun waited for the next few hours for him to come. She expected that there’ll be something big to talk about that’s why Baekhyun will come.

She pretty much got bored and started pacing around the shop back and forth. The staffs of the shop were looking at her weirdly, but she didn’t care. She banged her head against the table showing her boredom. Seriously, she could nearly tear herself in half for being so bored.

There was no sound to be heard around the shop, no life, no color, just pure dullness was present. Who won’t get bored when the whole place just looks like a ghost town?

The cashier was telling her to to go home since they’ll be closing the shop. “Miss, just leave. It’s closing time already,” The workers of the shop told her but Jikyun just kept her head against the table. She was still assuming that Baekhyun will come.

It was 10 in the evening already and Jikyun was still expecting the great Byun Baekhyun will show himself and open that glass door.

“No. Baekhyun is not a heartless jerk to just leave me hanging and ditch me,” She told herself still holding that wish that Baekhyun will come. But afterwards, the workers just drive her away before closing the shop. She just ended up walking back to the dorms.

Jikyun felt so stupid for hoping. She felt like she was the dumbest person to hope Baekhyun actually called her. She blamed herself for anticipating he will come. She felt like she was really stupid and idiotic for assuming he will come. Probably it was just some SM Entertainment staff who called her.

She hated herself. There would never such thing that would happen. Baekhyun will never call a sasaeng fan like her. No, it was all her imagination. It’s unbelievable that there would actually be hope for her.

Sasaeng fans are the only creatures created to not have hope, to not have faith, to not have everything. How could a sasaeng fan actually expect that there will be communication between her and an international superstar?

She nearly wants to tear herself in half for expecting such thing. She kept her head low while she walked. Tears rolled down from her cheeks and left her face.“I…I feel like an idiot for hoping. Why did I even wait, why? Am I that stupid and foolish to actually wait for him to come? I…I feel so –“

“You feel so what?” A voice interrupted her. Agh, so Baekhyun finally showed up when everything’s late. Jikyun just shook her head and assumed she was hallucinating. “No, no. This is not true! I’m seeing and hearing things that aren’t even there!” She shouted while covering her ears.

Baekhyun took a step closer to her until Jikyun’s legs just collapsed in the street. She felt her tears in her hands as she tried covering her face. Was it really Baekhyun or was Jikyun just imagining? She sniffed and thought to herself, “No. Sasaeng fans aren’t meant to be in this world. I am not even meant to be breathing air right now. There isn’t even a point of living for me.” Baekhyun bent down at her and held her shoulders. Jikyun perfectly saw Baekhyun’s cute face as she lifted hers. The moon did a great job lighting Baekhyun’s face.

“Hey, hey. Why, why are you crying?” Baekhyun asked earning a shrug from Jikyun.

“D-don’t touch me! You are not Baekhyun.” Jikyun hesitated, taking an inch away from him.

“Actually, I came here a few hours late because I needed to deal with getting out of the dorm without a single sasaeng fan noticing me, sorry about that. And I sincerely hope that I did a fine job and no one saw me,”  Baekhyun wanted to tell Jikyun but prevented himself by biting his lower lips hard.

“Fine. If you don’t want me here then I’ll leave now,” Bakehyun calmly answered an walked away. Jikyun suddenly stopped him, “Hey, state your business!” She said on a rather calm tone pointing at Baekhyun’s back.

Baekhyun smirked ily before turning back to face Jikyun. “Well, my business is to ask you something,” Baekhyun answered sitting at the bench nearby.

Call Jikyun a for calling Baekhyun before he left but, whether you like it or not, this is Jikyun’s only chance. Byun Baekhyun of the famous boy band EXO is standing in front of you and is ready to talk to you, would you let the chance slip away?

And since, Baekhyun’s still single and not-so-controversial at the moment, this is Jikyun’s only chance…Once again, she’s hoping for something to actually come true.

Jikyun wipe off her tears away and turned to Baekhyun, “Why did you call me? Is it really you who call me? Do you even care about me? Do you even know me?” Jikyun asked Baekhyun, still not believing he actually came after a few hours of waiting.

“I called you because I need to talk to you. I was the one who called you. You got the right number, no? I don’t know what to answer for your third question. Yes, I know you. You’re Yong Jikyun, my sasaeng fan,” He calmly answered Jikyun’s questions.

Baekhyun started walking and stopped, “I just wanna tell you that The Big Three are going to get rid of all of you. They’re actually devising a plan to get rid of every one of you, once. And I’m sure it isn’t nice. Be careful.” He said with a really serious tone before leaving.

“That’s it? Well, what I do I expect more; Baekhyun  and talking I under the full moon? Hahaha. That isn’t going to happen,” Jikyun told herself as she watched Baekhyun vanish through the horizon, but before he could, he smiled back at Jikyun.

“And oh, you dropped this at the recording station earlier,” He reminded before throwing a pen to Jikyun. Jikyun examined the pen slowly and recognized it to be hers. It was her navy blue pen but it was a little bit dirty. It was certain a lot of feet stepped on it. “Thank you!” She turned to see Baekhyun but he was gone already.

The pen was hooked with a white thread which Jikyun didn’t remember putting it there. But she just ended up making it a necklace. Maybe, the white thread was there for her to never lose it again.

Jikyun didn’t know another sasaeng fan was just a few blocks away with her Samsung camera in her hands. She perfectly got a nice shot of Baekhyun’s face with her. And with no doubt, that picture will be viral in the internet in the next 24 hours.

Jikyun’s phone vibrated. A text message from Baekhyun greeted her.

Asdfghjkl Let’s talk.

 

 

It was 3:27 am in the morning and EXO’s schedule for today is packed than yesterday. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were slacking off the couch at the SM Building, EXO’s department. “So, where were you last night?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun as he looked at Baekhyun with prying eyes.

“I fixed some errands. It doesn’t mean our fans ship us as “BaekYeol” and we act to be “BaekYeol” you could act like my girlfriend or something,” Baekhyun sternly told the taller one.

“Jeez. I was just asking!” Chanyeol demanded with a furious forehead. Recently, Baekhyun had been thinking so deep and looks like he was now moving on his own world.

Actually, Baekhyun is thinking about something, the way the three entertainments will get rid of those fans.  There are two ways; one is getting them in jail after talking to the government of South Korea and two is two make a bloody decision.

Nowadays, sasaeng fans have been totally out of control. One actually threw a DSLR camera to D.O having D.O a bruised eye. And that’s a pain when performing. They’ve broke out a lot of times in the dorm, stealing personal belongings of the members and selling them online, Actually this just stains up EXO and that is really bad.

But nah, Baekhyun’s intention was just to return Jikyun’s pen. Lately, Baekhyun was really seeing Jikyun frequently. He saw how Jikyun lost her cap with her name embroidered on it and how she brought ddeokbeokki for her members.

Basically, Baekhyun saw Jikyun’s pen while getting inside the van yesterday. He automatically knew it was Jikyun’s since Jikyun’s name was engraved on it. Jikyun, Jikyun, Jikyun it’s the only name playing on Baekhyun’s mind right now.

He saw it on his phone in a text message, on the blue pen, on the cap, everywhere. 

Out of the Blue, all the EXO members started dressing up according to Sir Leader Suho’s order. “Everyone, get up! Soo Man needs us at the building, now!” Suho shouted as everyone dressed up and paced outside to reach the building as fast as they can.

 

 

“What is this?!” Soo Man roared flying a fresh edition of Korea’s newspaper for the day. Everyone frowned after seeing the headline.

“EXO’s Byun Baekhyun was seen With a Girl Last Night”

All the EXO members saw the size-48 headline along with the accompanying picture. “Explain this Mr. Byun,” Soo Man uttered with an extremely threatening voice.  Baekhyun froze at his spot. He knew everything but he just chose to keep his mouth shut.

“Explain this Byun Baekhyun!” Soo Man repeated as he slammed his palms against the wooden table, shaking everyone’s presence. Baekhyun swallowed the lump forming in his throat, “I don’t know what you are talking about.” Baekhyun acted without looking he faked it.

Baekhyun is good at faking since EXO was trained by the entertainment to act. Actually, this is the truth. No such Korean idols are perfect as they look like. Even though you could visually say Hyuna’s a machine, she isn’t in real life.

That is why ships exist, OTLs exist. Because of how these stars were trained to act. So, if you ever wondered if HunHan, BaekYeol or any other couples were true, the answer is no.

That’s why most idols have training to fake everything and possibly improve. Ha, sigh. This is the truth and we can’t change it.

“Let me read it for you Baekhyun to remind you of the story.” Soo Man spoke and proceeded to read the article in the newspaper. No need to remind Baekhyun Soo Man, he already knew.

“Famous boy band of SM Entertainment, EXO’s main vocalist was seen last night along the streets of Gangnam. The picture was a shot by a fan who accidentally passed and saw the two. It was then posted in different SNS websites and became viral.

The description of the picture was, “Saw Baekhyun last night with this crying girl.” And netizens thought that the girl who was seen in the picture was Baekhyun’s girlfriend as last night was their break-up.

SM Entertainment haven’t gave their opinion yet and so as the said artist.” Soo Man ended in a flash. He asked Baekhyun about the article, “Now, do you remember?”

“You are in big trouble Baekhyun…This might be a scandal and could dirt up EXO’s image. That’s why were keeping an image. But why did you break the rules?” Old Soo Man calmed down and took his seat.

“Oh wow…”


 

Author's note: Please do not sleigh me to death for breaking the word oppa for you. This is just all part of the plot. Please do not kill me. They're only part of the plot. DO NOT KILL ME.

No one commented, but two upvoted. Thank you very much. Please UPVOTE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE. I'll really appreciate it. The huge turn will be near. So stay tuned! Tell me oppa. How do I do this, oppa? Sarang is for love, right?