Chapter Nine

Sasaeng's Pen

 

She woke up to the gentle buzzing of the fluorescent lamps. The air was filled with water vapors. It was approximately -16 degrees Celsius outside. Cold mist was knocking to get inside from her windows. The smell of morning breakfast from the kitchen was lingering through her nose. Her windows were covered with a thick layer of shaved ice.

She finally woke up and opened her eyes, gradually; taking in every inch of her surroundings. Nothing changed. Same cream-coloured walls, lined with various furniture.

But she felt this unfamiliar feeling crawling into every fiber of her body. It shot pain against her veins. The excruciating feeling was pumping through her head, squeezing it until it blasts, the feeling which prohibited her muscles to move. It was as if hangover from a late-night partying. But she remembered nothing about partying or drinking from the previous night.

She looked through her left, right, and noticed half of the day already passed. Her laptop was still playing her favorite show, Happy Three Friends, just on her favorite episode, Eyes Cold Lemonade.  The gentle sound from her computer tickled her to awake, completely forgot about the pain expanding like Ebola. It was just the part she liked the most, having the pink creature, Giggles, cut through Petunia’s eyes, mistaking it to be a lemon. She smiled seeing the beauty of the scene. She found it funny how the little creature mistook the eye as a lemon and laughed her off.

The comfortable box for her was normal, for her to say the least.  Cream-colored walls, black lacy curtains, and a huge corner covered with corkboard and plastered with different pictures of Baekhyun. A corkboard of different Venue Event Notes, pictures, name it. 

She shifted her attention towards the freezing window. “Winter?” she asked herself, walking over to the glass frame. As she steeped her left foot on the ground the soreness awoke her once more. It was painful, shutting every outdoor force to her body, making her go numb.

Despite the pain, she went to still check out the wintery appearance of her window. It was her favorite season, winter, indeed. It was the very cold air, sending chills to her body, the snow-covered leaves and surrounding — it was what she yearned to experience again.

It was the selfless season, where she found people drinking hot chocolate drink alone. She actually was one of those people, who liked to be alone. Sure, she worked with a group as a sasaeng fan but that’s how it works, she can’t make it alone. One of her es is to simply go out in a huge hoodie and eat, have fun with herself, go to arcade, watch Happy Three Friends on her PC.

She quickly removed her purple leggings which was hugging her legs, leaving her only in and decided to change into something wintery, like lacy tights and a skirt. But when she stepped her foot inside the tights, she remembered, she was a ghost as for her foot just passed through the material.

Her breath let out, forming a mist in the cold air. It was a sigh of stupidity. She just went back to sleep and laid her back on the bed, realizing she floats above it. Not really feeling the warmth by the foam and the sheets that was supposed to envelope her body.

She just put back her leggings which were probably staying on her legs for months, but she couldn’t care. She was a ghost at least. It doesn’t matter, as for nobody cant smell her nor scold her for wearing such thing anymore.

Walking from her bed, she just passed through her window and walked on the snow-covered streets, having her feet elevated a few meters from above. Her hand voluntarily took her phone which she regained from her first day on The Mansion and played a random song. It landed on UKISS’ 0330. She just put it back to her pocket and shrugged not knowing what else to do.

It was months after that Sasaeng Massacre at that hotel. It still contained headlines on newspapers, magazines, websites, etc. SM was clever enough to pull off an alibi that they were filming for something and the public quickly bought it.

The blood, the number of fans, Baekhyun, how come people were so stupid and foolish to believe such lie? Or were they paid to believe the lie? Either. Soo Man and Young Min are disgusting liars who deceived the whole industry. They should be the one put behind bars, not sasaeng fans! Life is so unfair! Why must they?

At first, before SM released a statement, the whole South Korea rejoiced for the news. Heck, it was sasaeng fans dying out there! The germs were washed out, as if a person just erased the word “ebola” on the board. It was as if the whole SoKor was reborn and were planned to live a new lifestyle. They cherished the death of them, they indulged on a death.

Sure, it was sasaeng fans, someone who aren’t supposed to exist. But they still indulged and loved the sight of dying sasaengs. It was still death. And it was as if they want and need them to die.

Jikyun remembered Baekhyun’s speech against Soo Man which contained the exact words she uttered. Was he listening? Was his heart listening? Neither. She remembered that Baekhyun cared, it was attention, it was all she needed. Sasaeng fans aren’t exactly attention-seekers, but let’s use the term “recognize” as a replacement.

They want recognition from idols, and she isn’t an exception. That’s why on Inkigayo, while EXO performed Wolf, everyone else wore jeans and casual outfits, but she wore this sun dress in blue and white floral printing. She didn’t like such bright colors, but she was in it for eye-candy purposes only.

She stopped on the SM Building, and almost mistook it to be a ghost town. It was starting to look old, it started to lose its colors, the fun started to fade. Few months back. SMEnt. Was thriving and alive, but after incidents, Jessica leaving, Luhan and Kris as well, after Red Velvet released an album and gained $11, 000 sales, far from the million ones they earned before.

SM fell down, into a deep hole, where they can’t get out. They are removed as one of The Big Three, even. They fell on square one where no entertainment wants to be in.

Suddenly, Baekhyun came out with a box of stuff on his hand,. After few steps outside  the building her threw the stuff with guilt on a trash pile where all unreleased TVXQ albums piled up. He sat on a nearby bench, and Jikyun mirrored his movements, doing the same thing on the opposite side of the streets on a bench parallel to where he was.

Jikyun sat with her palms rested on her thighs and looked at Baekhyun who was looking exhausted, tired and devastated. She was mourning about his dead career. But still, stayed strong for him, didn’t cry over it for him. Sure, she wasted her life for the chastity and living of his career, but then it all went away.

Sure, she did everything to protect his career; she did her best to keep his career alive. But she knew everything had an end, nothing stays forever. After years of doing it, she will not stop. His career’s end isn’t the sign to stop, nothing is.

He took a deep breath and looked at the opposite side, where Jikyun was sitting calmly and shoot daggers at what he saw. He saw a reflection of a back, a familiar back covered with a grey hoodie, though there was no one sitting on the bench. He was frightened but overcame it and looked at the head of the reflection, attempting to study the head.

Jikyun was shocked as well, as if Baekhyun was just looking at her right in the eyes. “Am I… A-Alive?” She then, turned around the shop where a huge glass wall was placed and examined her face if she was really alive. Baekhyun was staring at her; shooting daggers at her, piercing her right though the eyes! But she was late to examine her face.

As Baekhyun was already near her and examined the window which showed her reflection. He touched and smeared the moist on the window, slightly ruining her reflection. And when Jikyun and Baekhyun exchanged gazes through the mirror, screamed, “Aaaagh!” pointing at the face he saw. It was a face, her face! Her recognized that face. The one he met before, the one which jumped over the window. It was her face!


[A/N]: Huehue, 3 updates in a row, Daebaakkk! F F F F I am in love with this couple. Waaah! Hastag #JiHyun on twitter, and facebook! Hey, I am working on the OST. anticipate it next week. Got a new haircute means. Crissy (cuteismysterious) 4.5 More contant updates and good grades! Hey, anyone dealing with studies?

COMMENT, please?
SUBSCRIBBLES, havent you?
Upvote, if I deserve it.