Chapter One

Sasaeng's Pen

Chapter One 

Jikyun was shocked and startled of what just happened. Her eyes became larger than usual and her lips formed a thin line, showing that she’s surprised. Her friends were curious of what was happening, so they asked her, “Yah, Jikyun. What the hell is happening?”

Jikyun shook her head in response and quickly unlocked her phone. It was confirmed that it was Baekhyun who replied to her text message.

Who is this? Who is Baekhyun-oppa? Do I know you? You’ve probably sent it to the wrong number.

The message read. Jikyun sighed heavily. “I thought this was the real number!” She screamed to their leader, Yongki who was also astonished as well.

“It is!” The leader hesitated before checking Jikyun’s phone. She scanned the contact info and noticed something. Her eyes were captured by a mistake, probably a mistyping.

“Look at the number. You got it wrong! It’s a seven not an eight!” She screamed while pointing at the mistake. Jikyun borrowed the original copy of the phone number and   peered at what she typed. She compared the two of them and noticed that she did mistype.

“Sorry,” She apologize, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment. She quickly changed the contact information and fixed her mistyping. After, she sent another text message to the real number.

Hello Baekhyun-oppa! My name’s Yong Jikyun, your sasaeng fan! *_*

Baekhyun's probably frightened right now. She didn’t expect a reply since it’d be so obvious no one will reply. And who would want to talk to a sasaeng fan, anyway? None sense!

After a while, outside the recording building became really noisy with screaming girls. As if on cue, EXO came out looking really frightened. While all the other sasaeng fans crowded around the members, Jikyun just sat on her spot and just ignored the whole commotion forming.

She was tired and wanted to take a rest and so.

In the sasaeng fan industry, fans blog about their encounters and their experiences with certain celebrities. It became a basis to determine who does what and what is done by whom. Whoever gets the closest to the celebrities became the famous one.

Jikyun grabbed her phone and her DLSR camera and dashed off to the crowd forming. She was tired and exhausted but still she wanted to at least join the fun and try to get as close as she can.

It’d be overwhelming if you rub skin against a cool and awesome Korean celebrity, no? Think about it, if you held Oh Sehun’s hands, how’d you feel? Shock, surprised, happy, overwhelmed and most of all delighted.

Answer my question by yourself. I repeat the question, how would you feel after feeling Oh Sehun’s soft skin against yours?

Jikyun just watched how EXO members got inside the SM van and drove away. Then, sasaeng taxis came. Sasaeng taxis are taxis that wait outside various places where Korean celebrities used to frequent; broadcasting stations, concert halls and dorms just to support sasaeng fans and their stalking activities.

To rent a sasaeng taxi, you need to have at least $300 to $500. These taxis are willing to sped up or in short, drive dangerously just to chase celebrities’ vehicle. Sasaeng taxis caused the pile-up of six vehicles, including Super Junior’s van that almost killed the member of the group.

When these taxis came close to the target vehicle, fans start to budge their heads outside the window and take pictures of the celebrities who are inside their own vehicle. They yell at the top of their lungs just to call out the celebrities.

Sasaeng taxis are disgusting. How could the drivers of these taxis not refuse to the fans? Are they that greedy for money that they are willing to kill and international superstar? They should be washed away and same as sasaeng fans.

All sasaeng fans already got inside their respective taxis and started to chase after the SM van containing the EXO members. While Jikyun’s group intrigued her regarding their own taxi, “Jikyun-noona, where’s our taxi?”

Jikyun looked around the area and found no vehicle. She was in-charge of renting the vehicle. That explains why she was so devastated and wasted since three days ago.

She worked day and night just to raise enough money. She woke up at six and worked at a café. As noon strikes, she worked at a restaurant and her night job as a nanny of a seven year old out of control kid. She did that for almost three consecutive days.

No wonder there are dark big circles around her eyes. If you’ll see her, your reaction would probably be, “Are you The Joker from Batman?” She looked really horrible. You’d probably stop and think if she already took a bath. Working three different hard jobs is tiring.

Teamwork is the key to successful stalking. You cannot have so much money always, you need to earn, and so older members of the group take a turn when handling the taxi. The taxi is one of the components in stalking, without it; you cannot travel and chase celebrities.

“Jikyun, I thought you had a taxi rented already?” The leader spoke, still confused and curious of where the taxi is. Jikyun felt very disappointed of herself as she figured out why the taxi is missing.

“I…I did rented a taxi. But I guess they ran away with money…,” She spoke with a low tone voice while keeping her head down low. Everyone frowned hearing her sentence. Some were worried while others were angry.

“What? What company is the taxi from?” Yongki interrogated her with panic in her voice. Jikyun remembered what company the taxi she rented was from, or should I say, the company she rented wasn’t form a company.

“The taxi isn’t from any company. It was a random taxi,” She confessed to their leader, earning another frown from everyone. Yongki’s face was unreadable, it was confirmed she was mad.

“But why didn’t you rented a taxi from a company?!” Yongki bursted with a rather calm tone.

“I was short about $50 dollars and no other company offers a taxi that charges only $250 and so I made a deal with a taxi driver I found on the streets…I am so sorry…,” Jikyun responded nearly tearing her voice down.

“It’s…It’s fine…Let’s just forget about it,” Yongki stated. She knew it’s hard to raise enough money as the leader and so she understood what Jikyun have done.

“But, where are we going now?” The youngest member asked, making everyone think of the same question.

“Let’s just eat. I know all of us haven’t even taken a bite of a chicken for the last 12 hours.” The other member suggested.

“I agree. Does anyone have extra money? My pocket’s empty.” Everyone shook their heads after looking at their empty purses. Jikyun walked away having the leader making her of where is she going. “I’m just going to have a walk. Just contact me if you want,” Jikyun answered while walking along the streets of Seoul.

Jikyun lied to their leader. She wasn’t going to have a walk, she was looking for an extra part time job to at least feed the group. Well, she is going to have a walk and at the same time look for job.

As soon as she reached the center of business in Seoul where all restaurants and eatery is placed, she started searching for a certain sign that says, “Help Wanted” She looked at the whole area but there was no such sign.

Jikyun didn’t lost hope and still continued to search and browse through the establishments. She already finished walking along the whole area twice, but still didn’t find a place that is hiring for help.

At one of the streets, there was one ahjumma shop which had a minimal amount of customers and the ahjumma is working all alone, looking very exhausted and panicking. Jikyun approached the shop and stayed in front of the window.

As soon as all the customers disappeared, the ahjumma came out and asked Jikyun, “Hello. How can I help you?” Jikyun swallowed al her pride and responded.

“Hello,” She bowed “I am here looking for a j0b,” She continued, crossing her fingers hoping she have some available spot at the house. The ahjumma flashed a genuine smile at Jikyun and let her in.

“You could help me,” The old woman suggested as she entered the kitchen area. Jikyun followed inside.

“Thank you very much,” She bowed 90 degrees.

“What’s your name?” The old lady asked her. Jikyun nodded with a smile.

 “Jikyun. Yong Jikyun,” She firmly answered.

The ahjumma introduced herself with a soft smile, “Just call me Grandma Ying!” Jikyun became curious of why didn’t the old woman told her her real name but just let it slipped away.

Jikyun helped the old lady manage her business. She washed the dishes, served the orders, cleaned the area. She was pretty much an expert of doing this. She got the dishes shining like silverwares, made the customers happy and most of all, making the old woman smile because of her hard work.

“So tell me Jikyun. Do you have a boyfriend?” Grandma Ying teasingly asked ash Jikyun was done with the dishes. Jikyun laughed at the question since she already knew the stupid answer.

“Grandma Ying, I’m single because I’m saving myself for somebody,“ She dreamily answered, emphasizing the last word she uttered. After, she took a seat next to the grandma at the dining area.

It was pretty much closing time already. And Jikyun know she did a great job for helping the old woman even though there were only a few customers who ordered. The shop was calm and peaceful, the opposite of Jikyun’s sasaeng fan-environment.

“And who is this ‘somebody’, huh?” The old lass interrogated more like a teenager girl. She chuckled while waiting for Jikyun’s reply.

“That ‘somebody’ is my crush, Grandma,” Jikyun replied with a playful smile at her face.

“Fine. If you don’t want to talk about your crush.” The grandma said with disappointment before she closed the windows of the shop. She went behind the counter and withdraw the money the shop earned for the day.

“So, Jikyun…How much do you need?” Grandma Ying asked after sitting back at her seat. When Jikyun peered at how much the shop earned, she felt sorry for the grandma. Jikyun shook her head as a reply.

“Nah…I’m fine. It’s free service. It’s nice to an old grandma!” She giddily exclaimed.

“No. You helped me, I pay you,” Grandma Ying hesitated, pointing at herself then at Jikyun. Jikyun shook her head for the nth time of the day.

The shop earned less than the money the grandma needs. Jikyun isn’t capable of taking away money from the small amount of earning.

“No, Grandma Ying. You need the money more than I do.”

Grandma Ying stood up and took something from the kitchen. She then came back with two plastic bags containing spicy hot ddeokbeokki. “Then take these and share them with your friends in front of the famous building,” Grandma Ying exclaimed before throwing the bags to Jikyun.

“Grandma, how did you know?” Jikyun asked in confusion of how did Grandma Ying knew Jikyun needs food.

“I always see you there when I pass through the buildings,” Grandma smiled before she got out of the shop. Jikyun also got outside and left the shop empty.

“Thank you very much,” She bowed at the old woman with a wide grin.

Jikyun started to walk with the smoky food in her hands.  She called the members and headed straight to the EXO dorms where the group is already settled. She also discovered that the grandma put a few bucks on the plastic bag. “Silly old grandma,” She thought to herself.

Jikyun’s group mates were already outside the dorms of the famous group. They already set their camping equipments for camping for the whole night. “Hey everyone, look what I got!” Jikyun greeted the group having everyone to wake up.

“Oh boy! Where did you found this noona?” Some asked her as they unwrapped their bowls.

The feeling of the hot smoke coming from the food was what was they were craving for. They were pretty much hungry, for sure.

Jikyun smiled at everyone before answering, “From a friend.”

The whole group feasted upon what Jikyun brought. “Thank you Grandma Ying,” She muttered having a tear fall from her eyes.  The group looked very cheerful and alive.

After the group finished their dinner for the day, everyone proceeded to sleeping. The group camped outside the dorms at the most cool spot. You could clearly see the whole building, thus making stalking easy.

Jikyun decided to write back at her journal, but her pen was gone. The navy blue pen with her name Jikyun was gone. It made her panic and look at her stuff if the pen was there, but it wasn’t.

She asked her members if they saw her pen but they just shooed her away and told her to shut up, how rude. Jikyun was alarmed and nervous. She needs her pen. It was really important but its dark and she won’t see anything in the dark.

She decided to just watch the building. There were 4 rooms that still have their lights on, including Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room. Jikyun kept her gaze focused onto Baekhyun’s room and saw a figure came close to the window.

The figure was black because of the lightning and you couldn’t possibly tell who EXO member it was because every EXO member almost had the same body shape. Jikyun eyed the figure, studying its every move while she lay down along her group mates who were already asleep.

The figure’s eyes were the only thing that was clear to Jikyun so she focused on those eyes. The pair of eyes were as if looking and also studying it. The pair of eyes were locking gaze with her.

It was rare to see a figure at the window since most embers are scared to have eye contact or even see us. They were scared to death since sasaeng fans are deadly. They always stayed at the center of the dorms and never came close to the windows or the doors.

Jikyun saw that the figure placed it’s hand upon the window. And that’s when Jikyun realized who it was.

“Those long and slender fingers that possess the feminine vibe. Those beautiful amazing fingers, Byun Bakehyun,” Jikyun thought to herself while watching the figure disappear. She knew it was Baekhyun’s fingers. She knew everything about him. She could never go wrong. She’s a sasaeng fan, trust her she knows this.

Her phone started ringing. She assumed it was her mom who was calling her. She needed to walk away before she could answer the call. “Hello. Who is this?” She asked firmly as she kicked a pebble along her way.

“Yong Jikyun, meet me at the nearest coffee shop.” The voice said and ended the line. Jikyun was lost of words as she recognized the voice. She was shocked as ever and just felt like a lightning just split her in half. And the call came from Baekhyun's number. It was that soft melancholic voice that sang the last part in the song “What is Love”.

My babe, baby babe, baby baby

Malhejwo nega What is Love?

The song echoed on her ears as she compared the voice she heard on the phone and the voice on that song. There was a little bit difference but everything is the same. And she was sure this time it was the correct number.

Jikyun even checked the contact information if it really was the real number, thrice! She wasn’t sure of what to do. She was freaking out.

“Oh my god. Baekhyun called me. And he knows my name! Does anyone know CPR? I’m drying here…,” Jikyun screamed, making sure she wouldn’t wake the other fans up.

Will she go or not? Jikyun came back at the camping area and grabbed her bag. She tugged the straps with all her might. “Hwaiting!” She cheered for herself before she started walking, aiming for her destination. 


The Stupid Author's Only Corner to Talk to Herself: Hey everyone! I hoped you like today's chapter thank you very much. With special thanks to echoi45 for commenting <3 I have a gift for you! 

Please COMMENT, SUBSCRIBBLES, and UPVOTE! -Come Back Home- "Comment now, can you subscribe now, eh? Now you gotta do what I told you to do, Upvote now.~ Bye. :3