Chapter Three

Sasaeng's Pen

Chapter Three

“Ahhh… Byun Baekhyun, the main vocalist of The Hottest Boy Band living in Earth, EXO. Well, before the Super Junior’s got the title but not now. Byun Baekhyun is the man-to-be. Amazing vocals, beautiful fingers, y eyeliner guy,” The old Soo Man vocalize as he paced around the meeting room.

“What would your fans’ reaction would be if they see you under the midnight sky with a girl?” The old hag asked with a crooked eyebrow. ALL EXO members stayed stiff and didn’t move a single nerve. They just watched how Soo Man lectured the members with his own way.

He mocked the fans with a girly tone, “Oh what is oppa doing? Who is that girl? Why is the girl crying? Oppa – what have you done? My ovaries are dying,” It could be funny if you’ll see it, but the EXO members just stayed the way they are.

“Good luck Baekhyun. As far as you now, this may be the end of your career,” Soo Man bid goodbye to Baekhyun, emphasizing the 13th word. He walked through the glass doors and left.

Afterwards, the oh-mighty secretary of Lee Soo Man came. If you’re picturing her that she’s wearing a red stiletto similar to those SNSD wears, no she isn’t. She isn’t wearing a tight red dress that hugged her body perfectly. She doesn’t have her face covered with makeup as you imagine.

She is wearing faded jeans with a flat doll shoes. Her upper body was covered with a purple shirt and a black and white varsity jacket. Her face don’t possess any trace of makeup, having her whole forehead covered with her full bangs and her yes with large thick frames of glasses.

She is the fierce woman of the SM Entertainment, the one who takes care of rumors and scandals. She could fix everything with her own way.  She is the secretary of the CEO of the biggest entertainment company in the whole South Korea.

 “Byun Baekhyun. According to D.O you’re the least handsome member in EXO. But according to your lovely fans, you’re the 4th cutest EXO member. Your fans love you, don’t they?” The lady spoke while standing in front.

“But what if they knew who you are behind the camera? You’re the troublemaker who always got himself stuck into rumors and scandals. You should think me for saving you before regarding to your rumors,” The woman paused and removed her glasses, holding them with her left hand.

“Before, SM could handle rumors spread by sasaeng fans. But now, this rumor can’t be controlled anymore. The whole universe knows about it already. The hashtag, #StupidBaekkie and #BaekhyunTheCheater is trending on twitter since last night. Websites such as Allkpop, Soompi, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and even in our videos on Youtube are flooded with concerns and hate about you,” Ms. Secretary stated with a firm tone, a firm tone that could tear you down in guilt.

The secretary spoke again, “This could be the scandal of the year, or the scandal of the history. This is worse than IU and Eunhyuk’s scandal. Worse than GDragon’s smoking and drug rumors. Worse than every scandal that ever existed.”

“Even your Instagram accounts are flooded. SM’s website and e-mail is no exception. We can’t stop the madness like how we stopped your previous rumors before. What is the rule? Why did you have training, have you forgotten Byun Baekhyun?” The woman asked Baekhyun as she stepped closer to him.

Baekhyun stood up and kept apologizing while bowing his head a few times, “I’m so sorry. It will never happen again. Please forgive me. I sincerely apolo-“ The woman raised her left hand just a few inches away from Baekhyun’s right cheek.

“You’re such a Baekhyun. We can’t just say that girl’s SNSD’s Taeyeon, it could be worse, ” She said before, 1-2-3, her palm crossed over Baekhyun’s face, leaving a red handprint on his cheek. All the EXO members just stared in shock. Baekhyun already got hit before, this isn’t new. D.O’s eyes grew bigger and bigger while Tao’s eye grew smaller and smaller as he tried to open them up.

The secretary left, leaving EXO in a three-minute silence. They all just avoided gaze with Baekhyun and just stayed still. They were like robots and Baekhyun hated it. Look at Sehun he looks like a programmed robot. He’s emotionless and stupid. Kris – the cold hearted member who does nothing but keep his cold attitude.

After three minutes EXO dispersed and headed for their dorms. EXO-K went this way and EXO-M went the other way. Baekhyun was left behind as all the other EXO members walked like the robots they were.

Just after EXO walked outside the SM Building, Baekhyun went to the dark street beside the building. He walked carefully so no member could notice him. He pulled his hat to cover half of his face and went to the orange building beside the SM Building.

He hid himself in the dark as he dialed a phone number.

“Jikyun, meet me at the rooftop of the abandoned building near SM,”

Baekhyun can’t go any further away from the SM Building. If a normal fan or a sasaeng fan sees him, it’d be trouble. They would definitely crowd around Baekhyun and ask him about the scandal. They would definitely cause a huge mess again.

It’s better to play it safe and have Baekhyun ‘control’ the scandal. If anyone associated to him or know him would see him it’d be a perfect scandal again. Media would come, and the scandal would grow bigger and bigger.

Face it Baekhyun, the scandal would not die whatever you will do. It is on everyone’s computers and phones. Probably some teens are talking about it on their phones. Different websites have it posted and the scandal can’t be stopped anymore.

Baekhyun’s scandal before about the footage where he was seen smoking was stopped. He’s scandal about dating was controlled. But this scandal cannot die. It is one of the biggest scandals in the history of South Korea.

The building was deserted. The first and second floors were occupied but the rest weren’t. Baekhyun quickly climbed the never-ending stairs and went to the rooftop. The rooftop was empty. You could see the night sky and the gleaming stars above. The rooftop is one of the wonders of South Korea.

It is one of the places you should visit before you die. The majestic sky and the constellations were present above. If America has the Empire State Building, South Korea have different buildings. If America has the New York skyline, South Korea have the Seoul skyline.

 The rooftop was beautiful, majestic, incredible, and breath-taking and any other adjectives you could think of. You could see the big dipper just above the rooftop.

It took almost 7 minutes when Jikyun showed up. Her brown curly hair was still frizzy and was just swept aside and her eyes were still closed. She looked like she was just woken up by a tiger. She was in her violet jeans that hugged her legs tightly and a huge jacket.

The two met at the center of the empty rooftop. And all of a sudden BoA’s “Masayume Chasing” for the anime series was heard out of the blue. Who the hell plays a Japanese song in an abandoned building?

“Are you awake?” Baekhyun asked Jikyun as he looked through Jikyun’s eyelids. She yawned and answered, “Yes I am.” Her eyes shot open.

“Have you heard of it?” Baekhyun interrogated Jikyun again. But Jikyun’s brain was exploring the songs she was hearing. Jikyun perfectly heard BoA’s voice from the booming song.

In an empty rooftop below the night sky, It was just Jikyun and baekhyun with the song playing. It was one of those cheesy Korean scenes in K-Dramas where they end up kissing each other. It was one of those sappy scenes in fanfiction where they make-out and end up having in the rooftop. How cheesy and sappy.

Masayume Chasing Chasing
Ima wo Chasing Chasing

Jikyun don’t know what do these Japanese words mean. But she does know what does the words, “chasing” mean. The word reminds her of how she chases Baekhyun before. Of how she became Baekhyun’s tail wherever he go. The song reminds her of how she followed and stalked Baekhyun.

“Who plays the song?” She asked herself taking a look around, hoping to see who was near a speaker. But there was nothing near the neighboring rooftops.

“Have you heard of it?” Baekhyun repeated for Jikyun. Jikyun came back to reality and shook her head, “Yes. I have. I’m so sorry. It was my fault,” She confessed to him while keeping her head down low.

“I… I should’ve not dream and expect for you. I shouldn’t have contacted you. It’s all my fault. Now your career’s at rest,” Jikyun told him before she faced back and headed for the stairs. As she approached her way down, the lyrics of the song echoed through her ears. The beating remind her of the sounds she hears whenever she see Baekhyun.,It was like the beating of her heartbeat.

Na na na na na na na na Oh
Na na na na na Hey Hey
Na na na na na na na Oh

Jikyun faced Baekhyun again. “What should we do now? My career’s at risk and so as your life,” Baekhyun told her without a sign of panic in his voice. Baekhyun’s sentenced made Jikyun think and became curious.

How is her life supposed to be at risk if her face wasn’t seen in the picture? The picture that became a scandal has her covering her face which seems like she was crying but it didn’t show her.

“How am I supposed to be at risk?” She asked, while pointing at herself with her eyebrows slightly meeting at the center. She was confused and curious. She didn’t know how. For everyone’s knowledge, it could be any girl in that picture.

Baekhyun flashed a conversation on his phone in front of Jikyun’s eyes. That was a nightmare you could never forget. It was the worst fear of a living being. It was an act of crime and could easily tear down one’s career, blackmailing.

Blackmailing involves unjustified threats to make a gain or cause loss to another. The conversation is deadly and a single wrong move could send a career down.

My Baekhyun-oppa is facing a scandal, eh? But what if I release this picture online?

The text message came with a picture, a picture that perfectly showed Baekhyun and Jikyun’s faces. For crying out loud it could risk both people’s lives. A single post in an SNS website could tear the whole SM Entertainment down.

It could bring the reporters and have everyone’s career broken. Baekhyun don’t want to see SM Entertainment selling unreleased albums for $3 or selling the whole SM Entertainment.

“What should we do?” Baekhyun demanded. Jikyun’s mouth was wide open and was frozen in place. She cannot react to what this crazy fan will do.

“I…I don’t know. Just…” She stammered still not finding the right words to describe what she wants to say. It is in the tip of her tongue already but she still can’t say it. Because her brain was still hearing the song.

Masayume Chasing Chasing
Ima wo Chasing Chasing

The song in already replayed a billion times already and she cannot say focus and concentrate. It just reminds her of how hard it is to be a sasaeng. It just reminds her of how she suffered before.

Jikyun sighed heavily before she declared, “I’ll try talking to her… Negotiate of what she wants. I’m sorry oppa, we can’t have your career broke into a scandal…” She stared down on her feet and just hoped for the best.

From the stairs, loud steps were heard and showed an old man on his 60’s already. He was with a mysterious man in black and looks like they’ll do anything to get what they want.

Lee Soo Man came with an incredible entrance, “Let’s just get rid of those who would get in the way,” Soo Man announced. For some reason, the term “get rid” is just not right.  In the empty rooftop, it was Baekhyun, Jikyun, Soo Man and another man in black.

“You sasaeng fans have done everything to break the company’s name and I sincerely think that you need to be gone already. You’re like a cockroach that you stepped on a bunch of times already but are still alive.”

Is Soo Man serious? He’ll assassinate Yong Jikyun in front of Baekhyun’s eyes? Lee Soo Man is a business man you don’t want to mess with. He could do anything for money. He could do anything just to keep the holy name of SM Entertainment safe.

Soo Man is a man who could do everything he can. Business, then business. You need to end something then end it. That is business and SM Entertainment’s business will be running. No one could get along the way.

But Yong Jikyun isn’t a girl who knows wushu to fight against the old fella. And she doesn’t want to get killed either. Its better that she’ll just end her life than having someone do that for her. Yong Jikyun is now sorry for herself. She didn’t know that her desire of knowing more about Byun Baekhyun could reach this far.

She didn’t know that meeting with him will be a huge change in her life. She was dumb just the way she are. Jikyun isn’t the one to please anyone but she don’t want to be murdered. I mean who does want to get killed?

The song Masayume Chasing slowly faded away. Ending with a relating line.

My life…yeah

Jikyun's life is now in the end, but her story won't stop. “You don’t need to get rid of me; I’ll put an end to my own living…” She stated slowly as she walked near the edge of the rooftop. Her pen was still around her neck and was supported by the thread. She grabbed it and held it on her right hand. Her fingers tightly clutched the pen, “I promised to share my life as a sasaeng through this pen and I am not the one who breaks a promise. Promises are made not to be broken but-“

1…2…3… Is Jikyun really ending her life? Baekhyun, don’t just stand there, do something! What are you doing? You’re such a  , an idiot!!


 

Author's plain boring note that nobody cares for: Just don't kill me. I killed Jikyun and if you don't like it then deal with it. I write by passion because I live by passion. I killed my original character since that's a part of the huge conflict. Jikyun's a ghost now. If you love the story then stay tuned cause I won't fail to explain what will happen. 

Thanks to those who upvoted, I sincerely appreciate it. To those commented, thank you and also to those who subscribed. This isn't the ending yet. This is just the ebginning of everything. Its a battle of a sasaeng fan between a CEO. 

UPVOTE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE! I'll be chasing chasing~ On your dreams chasing chasing~ Seriously, no body wants the story then I'm not teh type to please evryone. But at least give appreciation, juseyo (^3^ )  I sincerely hope no one would hate me for this. 

I am also glad to announce to everyone that Mayume Chasing is one of the Official Fanfic Soundtracks (OFST) of this story. Listen to it, it's amazing.