Chapter 6

Always By Your Side

 


 


 

"Kibum~ you're staring at him again. Am I really that boring?" Nicole snapped her fingers, breaking Kibum's stare at their boss.

 

 

Kibum quickly went into defense mode. "No, I'm not.. I-I'm just t-thinking about a lot of things...yeah that's what I'm doing." It's like he's convincing himself than the girl in front of him.

 

 

Nicole pinched his cheeks and he squeaked, catching the attention of Jinki across the room. "Ouch! Can you stop that, Nicole? Really?" He rubbed his cheeks while the other just shrugged in return. She points towards Jinki's direction and left without saying a word. It was then he realized, Jinki is making his way towards him.

 

 

"Kibummie~ Are you alright?" Jinki examined the younger's face, noticing the slightly red part on his cheeks. "Awww~ Kibummie looks so cute.."

 

 

"Hyung! We're in the office!" He whispered, but Jinki kept on making faces and saying how cute Kibum looked.

 

 

 

He then sees Nicole in his peripheral vision, mouthing the words 'He likes you' repeatedly. And he knows it's a very bad mistake to tell Nicole what he felt for the older man. 

 

 

 

He took a glance at the clock, noticing that Jinki has an appointment in a few minutes. "Hyung! You have a meeting with the investors!"

 

 

"I know.. Can I at least enjoy seeing you looking very cute like this? It's not like I'm gonna be late." Jinki pouted and it was one of the things Kibum found so adorable in the older.

 

 

"But hyung..." He whined.

 

 

"Okay. Just so you know, we're eating out tonight." Jinki said and began to walk away. "Bye. See you later." He waved as he turn to look at Kibum once again.

 

 

 

After assuring that Jinki is out of the room, Kibum sighed in relief and placed his hand on his chest — feeling his heart beat fast. Nicole then goes back to her seat once again, this time wearing her I-told-you-he-likes-you smile — which creeped him so much.
 

 

 


 



 

 

 

 

It was when Kim Kibum couldn't take it anymore. The feeling is just too much and he was getting more obvious as the days pass. Like the time where Jinki caught him staring. Or that one time when Nicole almost spilled his utmost secret. And living with him under one roof isn't helping a lot to the situation.

 

 

 

That he was indeed, head over heels for Lee Jinki.

 

 

 

He knows that he needs to confess. But at the same time, he doesn't want to.

 

 

 

What if Jinki doesn't feel the same?

 

 

 

What if his confession ruins everything they had right now?

 

 

 

What if Jinki is weirded out and asks him to leave?

 

 

 

"Why does he have to be so perfect?" He stared at the ceiling, thinking of why he feel this way towards Jinki. He's alone in his room (in the house actually) and began to reflect on the things that happened.

 

 

And then he realized, it's the same day he left home a year ago. "It's already been a year, huh? I didn't even realize.. Am I that too blind to other things that the only thing I know is him?"

 

 

He unlocked his phone, eyeing his wallpaper — a picture of him and Jinki when they were going on a trip. He opens up his gallery and got surprised because of the large amount of pictures he captured for the last year. 25 percent of it was his selcas, another 25 percent for Jinki's (stolen or not), and the remaining 50 percent was pictures of them together. "Why are you so cute? Just like a bunny." He chuckles at how adorable Jinki could be.

 

 

"Why do I have to fall in love with you, Jinki? Why? Lee Jinki....." He said the last part louder than what he expected. But he didn't care. He's alone right now and not like anyone would hear him.

 

 

 

But then, maybe he is wrong.

 

 

 

A knock on the door made him collect his thoughts. "Kibummie? Are you calling for me?"

 

 

When Jinki opened the door, Kibum looked like a deer caught in the headlights. "N-no.. I'm just.. viewing some pictures."

 

 

"You hungry?"

 

 

As if on cue, his stomach growled and he smiled sheepishly at Jinki. "Just in time. I already prepared dinner. Come on."

 

 

 

He let Jinki guide the way and he was amazed by the food Jinki prepared. Nothing like ordinary was in front of him. This was like a feast. "Have a sit." Jinki pulls out a chair for him like a gentleman.

 

 

 

"What's this for?" He asks.

 

 

"We need to celebrate!" Jinki flashes a grin and he served Kibum his food.

 

 

Kibum's brows raised at Jinki's answer. "What's there to celebrate?"

 

 

"Our anniversary." Jinki replied and Kibum choked in drinking his water.

 

 

He felt his cheeks heat up, silently praying Jinki wouldn't notice. "W-what?"

 

 

"You know, since it's already been a year since we met. An anniversary for our friendship. Happy Anniversary, Kibummie!"

 

 

 

Friendship.

 

 

 

"O-of course.. Happy Anniversary, Jinki. I hope there's many of our friendship anniversary to come." He said, slightly disappointed at the mention of the word.

 

 

 

By the end of the night, no confessions are made and he silently tucks himself to bed, mentally cursing himself for being such a coward human being.