Chapter Twelve

Two of them.

Chapter Twelve

 

Hyesung plodded towards his building, feet slowly clasping on the ground. It was about to rain, which hadn’t happened in ages, and Hyesung felt the tears in his eyes as soon as the one drop landed onto his nose. He hadn’t brought his umbrella. But now, he was getting the tragic atmosphere from the sad news he had just heard.

 

Tomorrow would be the day.

 

The H-hour.

 

Hyesung stood in front of his door and dialled the door code, the vague bleeping of him entering it wrong, invading the corridor. He remembered the code, but in a way, he thought that entering it and getting in would sign that he had made his decision and would be part of the important ceremony.

 

‘America.’ Hyesung shook his head when the voice of the leader repeated in his head. ‘I am going there.’

 

He saw Eric’s face across him, the arms around him as they hugged and kissed. It was obvious, albeit Hyesung would never admit it, but he was head over heels in love…once again. This time he was sure. He was more than just certain.

 

And what came to Jung Hyuk; Hyesung still didn’t know. He wanted him but he wanted Eric too. He was yet to decide what his heart desired. Though, after seeing what Jung Hyuk had done to Junjin, his beautiful, innocent baby bird, Hyesung was seething with rage.

 

The main vocalist looked at his engagement ring and frenetically pulled it off. He was about to throw it to the nearest trash bin, when he sighed and slid it back on.

 

As much as he hated Jung Hyuk, he still had some weird feelings bubbling inside him. Whatever Hyesung was going to do, it was going to be the right decision and the final.

 

He would not regret.

 

“That I will do.” Hyesung spoke determined and marched into his bedroom.

 

                ***

 

Eric’s finger was hovering on the ID of Hyesung. He wanted to call and ask whether he was doing the right thing. Maybe he should stay and go to the wedding. There he could wait for the right word and then declare his love in front of all the people who were invited.

 

Eric shook his head and put the phone down, taking the plane ticket into his hands instead. Everything had been paid and Eric had even gotten a job interview from some small family business. It wasn’t much after co-owning Shinhwa Company, acting and being a famous rapper, but it was a start.

 

Eric sighed.

 

“Jung Hyuk, you lucky bastard.” He mumbled, switched on the television and walked out of the room, Gomdori following him eagerly. Eric sat onto his bed and rubbed his face. “Yeah, Mun Gomdol…dad will give up.”

 

                ***  

 

Hyesung ran.

 

Ran.

 

Ran.

 

Ran.

 

Stopped as he changed his mind.

 

Turned around.

 

Ran.

 

Ran.

 

Ran.

 

Until he stopped again and changed his mind for the umpteenth time. He breathed in and out, almost feeling the tears cramming through as he cleared his throat and took out the phone, dialling the only number he could trust to at the moment. He sat down to a bench and held the tears by biting his lower lip and pinching his thigh with the free hand. Eric was soon leaving. It was soon the time. And Hyesung should’ve been getting ready for his big day, but somehow that didn’t excite him at all.

 

“Jin ah…” Hyesung whispered to the phone.

 

“….”

 

“Jin, are you there?”

 

“…it depends.” Hyesung heard the husky and low voice.

 

He looked around and a smile crept onto his face as the voice of his baby bird hadn’t changed at all since the last time he talked to him in the same park. Hyesung almost felt the happy tears coming instead of the sad, devastating and helpless ones. Junjin was silent and Hyesung appreciated it. It was as if the baby bird comprehended that Hyesung needed his time to form the words he wanted to say.

 

“I felt like calling…since…I don’t want Jung Hyuk…to find out.” He muttered and as if knowing Junjin, he could actually hear how the man froze.

 

“Hyung, wha—“

 

“Don’t say anything. It’s better like that if we both pretend nothing happened.” Hyesung said. “Though…I am sorry.”

 

Junjin cleared his throat in an awkward manner.

 

“And…Jin ah…” now the tears of helplessness streamed down as Hyesung fisted his hand onto the thigh and the other one grasped around the phone much sterner than before. Junjin was quiet again and both of them knew that Junjin was extremely willing to just pat his mommy bird’s back and hug him. “I…I am helpless.”

 

“I…I’m sorry.”

 

“I…love them both.” Hyesung cried out.”…I…love them both.”

 

Junjin heaved a sigh in the device. “Hyung…”

 

“I want to make the final decision…I have made it…”

 

Junjin perked up on his seat at his apartment and almost broke a vase that was placed next to him on the table. He stood up and the glowing eyes had that hue of hope in them. He marched into the kitchen and grabbed a glass.

 

“What did you choose?” He interrogated supposedly seriously.

 

“I…I chose…”

 

Junjin’s eyes widened and he dropped the glass to the kitchen cabinet.

               

                ***

 

Eric glanced at his watch and sighed. What was he waiting for anyways? A miracle that suddenly popped out behind all the crowds of tourists? He chuckled in misbelief and grabbed the hand luggage as he advanced the right gate, with not so happy expression on his face. He chuckled again, trying to make himself supposedly happy, as he heard the news of the delay of his flight.

 

“Maybe that is a sign not to go?” Eric pondered out loud. “But it’s too late.” He mumbled, after glancing at the watch again. “And he will be happy…the both of them.”

 

A new announcement of the flight still delaying made Eric’s stomach growl. He walked towards the airport’s finest restaurant and ordered the most horrendous food he could see to take all the time to eat it. He then sat down onto a chair and examined the plate as his phone began to vibrate like crazy. He ignored it, but people around him were staring and already irritated because of the delay, so he took it and let the message flooding happen in front of his eyes.

 

Maybe it was the sudden jump from the chair that dropped the plate to the floor or the news that made him jump, but Eric had never read anything like that and felt his heart thud so painfully.

 

                ***

 

Dongwan looked at the other members when the few people had entered and sat down onto their dedicated spots. Minwoo showed him an okay sign, with a grin, Junjin had just arrived in and was as gloomy as he always was, but the members could see that weird twinkle in the eyes, while Andy was smiling awkwardly to the guests of Jung Hyuk’s who remembered him from the time he was studying in America with Eric.

 

Minwoo nodded quickly as the pointer hit the number one on the clock, and the well-known (and annoying) wedding march began to play. The doors opened and the people stood up, the members grumbling as they had just sat down, and turned towards the groom full of nervousness.

 

Hyesung stepped through the doors.

 

He was exhaling.

 

And then, as he had glimpsed at the baby bird, he stopped and looked at the man in the aisle. Jung Hyuk’s smile fell and he panicked commenced looking around. The main vocalist abruptly continued walking and the taller lad calmed down. He flashed a smile to which Hyesung tried to answer.

 

“You can sit down.” The priest told.

 

And as soon as everyone’s asses had touched the seat, Hyesung dropped the white rose he was holding and cleared his throat. Jung Hyuk glared at him.

 

“Jung Hyuk ah,” he murmured and took off his engagement ring. “I can’t marry you.” That didn’t need any clarification as Hyesung stepped off the aisle, bowed at the priest and the guests and sprang out of the church like his life depended on it.

 

Junjin smirked at the man on the aisle and waved with his hand to make him annoyed as two detectives walked in and through the aisle towards the man. Everyone watched them in petrify as they listed the things the man had done and told how they had evidence. Jung Hyuk ogled at the members and every single one of them waved provokingly.

 

“Yah! Guys!!” Andy yelled. “Quickly! Inform Eric! And do something to the flight!”  

 


Are you ready for the final chapter friends? 

Stay tuned my dear friends. :)