Chapter 5(b): Lies Exposed

Strange and a Stranger

Hey guys, I'm upset upon hearing the news that Kris is going to nullify his contract and filed a lawsuit against SM Entertainment. I'm sure you guys feel sad over it. Kris is my bias and don't wish he will leave the group. I will miss him. TT^TT Anyways, I decided to have a part (b) of my chapter 5 becus chapter 5 is way too short. Besides, this chapter is about "lies", thus i decided to make it a part (b) of chapter 5. Let's start the chapter. 

 

Daehyun's POV:

I was stacking up my documents neatly on the table when I heard the door fling open. It was Dr. Park Chanyeol, who used to be a doctor in the same hospital and had quitted his job many years ago. His forehead was damp in sweats; droplets of it were rolling down his face one after another. His chest was rising and falling; he was gasping for breath and his lips were coated in white.

"Uncle Chanyeol, what brings you here-" Before I could finish my sentence, he slammed the door shut and gripped onto my shoulders tightly.

"Daehyun, don't tell Luhan, he has the "Demon's Disease"-" 

"WHAT-" I exclaimed in incredulity and he covered my mouth with his wet palms tightly. He was squeezing my cheeks and soon loosened the grip.

"Uncle Chanyeol, you must be joking with me," I muttered my words in denial for what had been told and faux a smile.

"Anniyo, it's the truth, his parents have the disease and unfortunately, it's heredity. He will get it, his wife will get it, his son or daughter will get it, his son-in-law, his daughter-in-law, his grandson, his granddaughter, his-" He sobbed, sobbed and sobbed and my feelings was being swayed. Tears were uncontrollably flowing out of my eyebags, phlegm rose up from my chest, I inhaled and exhaled through my throat; I couldn't breathe. I shook my head vigorously in disbelief.

"Anniyo, Luhan's fine, he doesn't have chest pain, he doesn't have heart problems, he doesn't have heart failures, he doesn't have, doesn't have-" 

"Stop it! You're not the only one grieving, complaining, yelling here!" His voice had risen to a shout and I was brought back to my senses. "I'm also desperate and conflicted within my inner self. I have watched Luhan grow up, move on from his late parents and now, he's suffering from this incurable disease. I can't picture his eyes full of desperation, helplessness, hopelessness, him locking himself in his room, miserably abusing himself again like in ten years ago. I feel a thorn in my flesh whenever i see him being in that manner. So that accounts for the reason why i approach you today, don't tell him that he has the disease. I beg you, please don't."

He was about to fall on his knees when i propped him up with my arms. Wiping my tears away, I nodded and he whispered a "Thank you."

Soon after he left the room, I called in Luhan. I watched as the door screeched open slowly as I curved my lips and faux a smile.

"Hey bro. Are you sick? Your face is as pale as sheet," I pointed to the seat beside my desk.

 

Author's POV:

"A total of $57.00." Luhan drew out some notes from his wallet and handed them over to the nurse. 

"Thank you," A polite smile tugged at his lips.

He felt the vibration in his pocket and fished out his cellphone. I pressed a button and leant it against his left ear softly.

"Luhan-ah, are you feeling better now? I'm worried sick for you, I can't eat, can't sleep, can't do my work-" The melodious voice of the girl on the other end of the line chirped in his ears as a chuckle left his lips.

"I'm fine. Doctor says that it's because i do not sleep well." At this moment, he walked past Junmyeon who watched him heading towards the lift lobby.

 

Junmyeon's POV:

I twisted the door knob and pushed the door open to Seohyun's room. She was not in the room. I seized the opportunity as I reached for the cellphone on the table, scrolled down the contacts and came to a halt at the sight of Luhan's name. I dialled the numbers and waited for the call to be through.

"Hello, Seohyun-ah," Luhan spoke.

"It's me, Uncle Junmyeon. Are you free now?"

"Uncle Junmyeon...I'm free now."

"Okay, let's meet now, at the restaurant near the hospital."

 

At the same restaurant where Chanyeol and I met up few days ago. 

"Uncle Junmyeon, why do you call me out in the absence of Seohyun," Luhan asked. His hands interwined together tightly as nervous spasms embarked on him.

"Luhan, there's something i have to tell you. You may feel lost and helpless after hearing this, but you have to hear this," I looked at the query look registering on the former's face.

 

"Stop it! You're not the only one grieving, complaining, yelling here! I'm also desperate and conflicted within my inner self. I have watched Luhan grow up, move on from his late parents and now, he's suffering from this incurable disease, I can't picture his eyes full of desperation, helplessness, hopelessness, him locking himself in his room, miserably abusing himself like in ten years ago. I feel a thorn in my flesh whenever i see him being in that matter. So that accounts for the reason why I approach you today, don't tell him that he has the disease. I beg you, please don't."

Yes, I eavesdropped their conversation when I was about to seek Daehyun for advice on patient's treatment. I was about to push the door until it was fully opened when I caught sight of the two weeping and overheard what they had said.

 

Luhan's POV:

"Yes, I am telling you that you are contracted with the "Demon's Disease. This disease is heredity and you gets it from your parents." The deep voice cracked out again. "The reason I'm telling you this is because, the doctors should never keep the truth from the patients. And, I feel indignant for you because you have the right to know and-"

"Enough. Enough of it!" I yelled.