Chapter 5: Perfect Lies

Strange and a Stranger

Chanyeol pressed his right eldow against his lap and rested his chin on his fist. He covered his eyes with his other hand and tears were seen flowing down his cheeks. 

Didn't Minseok die because of his illness? 

He remembered that day clearly when he woke up from his coma.

 

Chanyeol's eyelids fluttered open slowly and propped himself up from the bed. Junmyeon gnawed onto his swollen red lips and as he turned his gaze more to the right, he was greeted with a mother and a child; Seol Ae and her five-year-old son. Luhan wrapped his tiny arms around her waist and the sight of her wiping away the tears made him questioned.

"What happened?"

Junmyeon fixed his glare at the man who ask the question. It took him a couple of minutes before he could speak.

"Minseok hyung-" He stuttered at his words.

Chanyeol stared blankly at Junmyeon who shifted his gaze at the wall on his right. 

"What? What happened to Minseok-hyung? Speak-" Chanyeol's desperate words were cut off when Junmyeon hollered at the top of his voice, "He's dead!"

 

Chanyeol inhaled and exhaled loudly and profusely which averted the attention of the waiters, waitresses as well as the diners in the restaurant. He pressed his palms against the back of his forehead, his face turned fiery-red in colour and green veins branched out from the sides of his forehead. A waiter kindly patted his shoulder, checked if he was fine and earned a nod from him. Junmyeon folded his arms and stood at the entrance of the restaurant. He glared at the figure who attempted to act pathetic in front of the diners. Those diners would possibly believe that he had made him miserable. Loathed at the thought, a smirk registered itself across his face before making way to his car.

 

"How come it's all so sudden? Isn't his disease only at the first stage so far? And, how do i end up here?"

Chanyeol lost part of his memory. He did not remember what happen before he ended up in the hospital. 

"I have no idea, just like that, he passed away-" Junmyeon muttered. "-and you can't accept it and you are hit by a car."

"How about Seol Ae?" Chanyeol noticed a small bandage at the right side of her forehead. 

"She chase after you and get bumped by the car as well but hers is a minor injury."

"Who's the responsible driver? I'm going to find him out and send him to the jail one day!" 

Junmyeon lifted his head up and shot the patient a black look. He interwined his hands together and had his nail pressed against the flesh of his palm tightly.

 

Few days later, Luhan and a group of students were practising their dance move to the song "Overdose". They were staggered when Luhan fell to the ground abruptly and knocked himself unconscious.

 

Luhan squinted his eyes open and was greeted by faint voices ringing off beside his ears. He gripped onto the mattress sheet and hauled himself up with the help of Jongin. Not long after, Seohyun dashed into the room and slided down beside Luhan's bed. Sweats dripped down her forehead as she gasped for breath and reached for his hand.

"Are you okay? I'm worried sick when i hear that you faint-" 

"I'm better now." He assured her with a smile tugged at his pale lips. He cupped her face and let his thumb caress her cheeks softly.

"Take care alright?" She rested her gaze on his face that was as pale as sheet and faux a smile to hide her worries from him.

Luhan nodded his head twice and locked gaze with the female. 

He placed his hand on top of his chest where he felt his heart was pounding uncontrollably. 

I should seek a doctor later.

 

Luhan swung his bag off the table as he headed towards the gate and was stopped by Chanyeol. 

"Luhan-ah, i just receive a call and hear that you faint in school today. Are you okay? I think you shall take leave and rest at home," Chanyeol watched as Luhan shook his head. 

"I'm fine. Just seek a doctor and he will prescribe some pills for me to take, then i will be okay."

The latter set dead in his tracks.

"Which hospital are you going?" He mumbled under his breath. 

"The Seoul Hospital."

After Luhan turned and left the apartment, Chanyeol fell hard onto the ground. He crawled to the telephone on the table and punched in numbers hastily for Dr. Jung.

The person you call is busy at the moment. Please try again later.

He frantically hung the phone and zoomed his way out of the house.

 

Footsteps rang off the walls of the corrider that led him to the counter of the hospital. 

"I want to see Dr. Jung, he's my friend."

"Okay, give me a moment."

 

Chanyeol were damp in sweats as he stepped onto the accelerator with the maximum strength he could and drove across the uneven road. He swirled his car towards his right abruptly, catching the attention of the passer-bys strolling on the pavements beside the road. 

What if he know about his illness? What if he cannot accept it and has an emotional breakdown?

Many what ifs evolved around in his mind. He could not imagine him tearing up miserably in front of his eyes. He persisted that they could conceal the illness from him simply because, he wanted him to live happily till the brink of his death.

Chanyeol finally arrived at the entrance of the hospital. He sprinted towards the lift lobby where he caught sight of one of the lift doors closing. He pressed the lift button and the door flung open.

 

"Mr. Xi, Dr. Jung call you in."

Luhan paced his way towards the door. He took a deep breath before raising his head up at the door with "Dr. Jung Daehyun" hanging on it and pushed the door knob. The door screeched open and he was greeted with a heartwarming smile from Daehyun. 

"Hey bro. Are you sick? Your face is as pale as sheet," Daehyun motioned the former to the seat beside his desk.

 

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Sorry for the extremely short update. >< My apologies. But i promise that i will update my chap 6 soon. SO please stay tuned to my fanfic and of cus, comments are appreciated. :D Thanks!