Chapter 2: First Date

Strange and a Stranger

The magnificent white shades of light pierced through the thin white curtains as Seohyun squinted her eyes with agape and her loud yawn engulfed the room. She punched her fists into the crisp air and propped herself up on her right eldow. She caught sight of her phone that vibrated for a second or more on the top of the wooden cupboard as she stretched her left arm forward to reach for it. She just received a message from Luhan.

Seohyun-ah, ever since we began our relationship, we never went for a date. Today is Sunday, so shall we meet at the amusement park nearest to our school at 1pm?

A wide smile flashed across her pink-tinted cheeks as she touched the screen of her phone.

Erm...alright then. See you later!

She hauled herself up lazily from the rough canvas of the mattress and she walked clumsily towards the mirror. She combed her dishevelled brown hair, pulled her eyelids that were not fully open, patted her swollen cheeks lightly and straightened her red ruffled blouse with her palm. 

 

"Uncle Chanyeol, I am leaving now." Luhan hollered to his uncle who was in the kitchen.

"Wait, Luhan! Aren't you having lunch with me?" Chanyeol dashed out from the kitchen with his doraemon-printed apron tied around his waist.

The apron was a present from Luhan during fathers' day. He knew Uncle Chanyeol adored Doraemon and thus, this accounted for the reason for his choice of present.

"Oops. I'm sorry to inform you earlier that i'm going out with my friend today..." His face grimaced in apology at Chanyeol whose eyes widened in curiousity.

"Is your friend a boy or a girl?"

"Erm...I'm running out of time! We shall not talk for now...goodbye!" Luhan jerked his head towards the exit and fastened his pace, leaving Chanyeol in doubts. 

Since when my little prince is having a girlfriend? One day, i will force him to blurt out what is happening! He thought.

Soon, the realisation struck him hard as he snapped out of his thoughts when a strong scent emanated from the kitchen.

"My fish is burning!" 

 

Embraced herself in a pink tee and a pair of long jeans, she moved towards the mirror until she was only a few inches away from it. She was then able to braid her hair as her reflection on the mirror was magnified. After braiding her hair, she backed away and put on a lady-like makeup on her face which was as fresh as a raindrop. She swing her sling bag off her bag and checked for the contents in it. 

"Mum, i'm leaving!" She called out and earned a reply from Taeyeon.

"Enjoy your date!" the latter teased as she pinched her cherry-red cheeks once again.

"Unnie... Stop pinching my cheeks... I just put on makeup." 

"Alright then! Good luck! And probably, you will receive your first kiss tonight!" 

Taeyeon waved at her sister whose face was flushing shyly.

 

Seohyun arrived at the amusement park and a smile hooked up at her cherry-red lips when she noticed the familiar figure. Her stomach jumped and her heart pumped hard.

His medium height, stocky build, ashy black hair that falls in waves over his forehead and signature pose. She thought as a soft giggle escaped her lips.

Luhan turned his head and paused at the soft gaze of her. His face grimaced in amusement.

"Wow, you are so pretty today," He commented as he eyed her from head to toe. 

A floral scent harassed his nose as he inhaled deeply. 

"You even put on perfume," He added with his eyes slightly widened.

Seohyun nodded her head.

"But later, we will be in sweats..." 

The realisation hit her hand as she lowered her head in disappointment.

"It's okay, i still appreciate it. Thanks for dressing up for me!" He patted her head.

"Come on! Let's go for the roller coaster ride!" He locked his hands with hers and dragged her with him to the roller coaster section.

 

With the sun hiding beyond the horizon, the amusement park was already a hive of activities. The shrieks and laughter of the children, the clanking of the ride chains, the whooshing of air brakes, the sounds of the running footsteps, the calling outs to each other, the sizzling of fries and popcorns in vats of oil and the pinging sound of game targets added on to the excitement of the duo who approached a little booth beside the roller roaster start-off point. In the booth sat a pimply faced youth, drenched in sweats, selling tickets. After they bought tickets to enter the ride, they hopped onto the roller coaster ride which drove off at an increasing speed.

"Oh my god!" Seohyun screamed out of her lungs when the roller coaster was at its peak of the ride where the ride travelled at the speed of light. She lost control of her hands that were swinging freely in the thin air. Her heart was palpating in terror.

Luhan's laughter pierced through the wisp air at how hilarious she reacted.

After the roller coaster ride, they went for the ferris wheel, the bumper cars, the swinging pirate ship and the haunted house.

Seohyun's scream pierced through the atmosphere like a sharp knife at the sight of a deathly pale creature with a long black wiry hair covering a portion of the face. Her legs gave way and she fell to the ground with a loud shattering thud. 

Luhan's laughter engulfed the cold room.

She shot him an irritated glare.

He leant his body forward, reached out his hand, placed her hand in his in an attempt to pull her up on her feet. However, in the midst of darkness, he subconsciously stumbled forward. He was on top of her.

Their faces were only a few inches away from each other. He had his eyes glued at her big hazel-brown eyes glowing in the dark. He quickly shook away his thoughts as he lifted his body up while the latter followed suit. Their faces flushed crimson in embarassment. 

 

When they left the haunted house, Luhan realised the tears that welled up in Seohyun's eyes. He wiped aways the tears that were finding their ways down the rosy cheeks.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry for laughing at you earlier," He apologised as he gazed at his girlfriend worriedly.

"It's okay, i'm always like that." She whispered under her breath.

He wrapped his arms around her neck, pushing her into his embrace. He patted her head lightly, allowing her to bury her face on his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry," Luhan reassured.

 

As soon as expected, Luhan's stomach grumbled as Seohyun let out a chuckle. 

"Let's grab a bite!"

 

Time flied as it was already 9pm. Luhan and Seohyun had their hands interwined together as they gazed at each other. 

"We shall go home now," Luhan whispered and how much he wished a day wouldn't end so quickly.

On their way, they shared the same earpiece and listened to songs from Luhan's phone. They spoke nothing and were deeply engrossed in the music that were soothing to their ears. They were grateful that they had their paths crossed. 

"I've reached my house, thanks for sending me home," Seohyun curved her lips to form a sweet smile. 

"You're welcome. You should be very tired after a long day, go in and have a nice rest tonight."

He turned with his back facing her and was about to leave when he heard she called his name. He felt a pair of tiny arms slipping around his waist from behind. She leant her head against his back, acting like a spoilt child. 

She didn't want him to leave, so quickly.

He removed her hand and turned around to face the girl.

The eyes that speak, telling me to stay behind.

He closed the distance between the two of them and laid a kiss on her forehead. 

"Go inside!" He waved a goodbye and she flashed a smile in return.

However, a loud screeching sound of the gate was heard and Taeyeon squeezed her way out of the gate. 

"Hey, Luhan! You must be Luhan!" She ran towards him. "Come in to have tea!" and she invited him into the house and she grinned at Seohyun.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I'm back with my chapter 2! Taeyeon is indeed cheeky huh? XD Please continue to support my fanfic!!!