Chapter 1: Moving On

Strange and a Stranger

27 April 2014, Luhan stood in front of his parents' graveyard with a bouquet of chrysanthemum flowers clutched in his right hand.

Time flies and i have shed tears for ten years. Tears should have dried.

However, it wasn't the case. A tear rolled down his cheeks subconsciously, leaving a glistening trail on his milky white skin.

He hunched his back, leant the bouquet of flowers against a lumpy grey stone amid grass before he hauled himself up to gaze at the familiar faces he missed.

"Appa and umma, I'm fine. I have Uncle Chanyeol who take care of me dearly, like his own son. He cook for me every morning and evening and put me to sleep every night. I feel safe, so don't worry-" His words were cut off by the tears that were streaming down his face. He pressed his lips against each other forcefully so as to suppress the tears that were threatening to fall. He shut his eyes and wiped away the tears that were clinging onto his face. 

"Appa and umma, rest in peace and live happily in your afterlife," He added as he continue to weep, muffle sobs under his breath.

"Luhan!" a familiar voice snapped him out of his thoughts. He averted his gaze to the direction where the voice echoed from. A soft smile tugged at his lips as he was met with the familiar soft gaze that his girlfriend, Seohyun, always had.

 

The couple sat at a piece of grassland behind the graveyard. In fact, Seohyun was lying and snuggling on top of the tender grass that appealed to be as fresh as water, as soft as the mattress. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply when the fragrance arosed and harassed her nose. The breeze of a windy day caressed her rosy cheeks slowly as she opened her eyes and had her eyes glued at the ocean-blue sky. However, as she shifted her gaze to Luhan who wrapped his arms around his knees, she lifted her body up and gave him a pat on his shoulder.

"I shall volunteer to be your tree today, you can talk to me or you can bash me up if you want!" She let out a chuckle in companion with her attempt to cheer Luhan up but to no avail. 

"Alright, just blurt them out. All i want you to do to stop hiding them beneath ur inner self and share them with me if you acknowledge me as your girlfriend," She added. 

Luhan nodded his head lightly and sighed. He gave a grimace of pain.

"'Move on. Create new memories and leave ours behind. I just want to bring them with me to afterlife and let it be hidden till we meet again.' These are the last words i heard from my mum before she closed her eyes and the last tear squeezed itself out of the corner of her eye. Strangled cry came out of my throat as my muscles started to shake uncontrollable. I tried to shake and shake her cold frail body as I embraced hopes of gaining response from her but the doctors said that-" He inhaled and exhaled in order to get back on the right track so that he won't weep in front Seohyun. 

"If you don't mind, I can lend you my shoulders for you to lean on," She shrugged her shoulder and closed the distance between the two. Luhan rested his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes.

"'Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.' This is a quote Brian Jacques once said. Remember in mind, you are considered fortunate to have created those memories with your parents. You are always luckier than those who doesn't have those memories to reminisce on."

"Thank you, Seohyun. I felt better after talking to you," Luhan's whisper was too brightening to her ears.

"You are absolutely welcome. Bear in mind, no matter what rocks and stones you are going to face with, I will always be with you," She placed his hand in hers and caressed his unkempt brown hair with the other hand.

 

Seohyun curled her lips into a sweet smile as she sunk into the soft red cushion of her chair. She stretched her hands out and reached for a notebook stacked on top of other books and its bright pink colour allowed it to stand out among the mountain of books. She flipped open the pages eagerly, paused at a blank page and began to pen down her thoughts.

"Dear diary,

Today, Luhan shared his troubles that had clinged onto him for years. He lost his parents at a young age and told me he just couldn't move on from his parents. He said that he really appreciate for what Uncle Chanyeol did, trying hard to take on the responsiblities of both his dad and mum and showering him with love and care just like what his parents did before they left him but his heart was hurt and never be healed. I hope i can help him to get over the hurdle and stay by his side forever. I hope i can do it well. Alright, good night diary.

Love,

LittlePuffySeo"

Before she could close the book and place the book back above the stack of books, her heart jumped out of her chest and her body fidgeted as a loud exclaim rang abruptly beside her left ears. 

Taeyeon snatched it from Seohyun's grip forcefully and skimmed through the contents at the speed of lightning.

"Aww...Finally, my little sister has a boyfriend," Taeyeon teased and she pinched her sister's cheeks.

"Unnie...w-we only began our relationship recently," Seohyun stuttered at her words as she blushed crimson with embarassment. 

"Oh, it is this case? Hmm...i shall find out which guy has the charm to capture my little sister's heart and cause her heart to flutter-" Her words were being cut off by the sudden push of her sister.

"Back to your room please! Goodbye and good night," Seohyun gave Taeyeon a wink before closing the door with a soft thud.

Author's note:

Thank you for subscribing my fanfic! I promise i will try my best and do leave comments! 

Thank you very much!