Of love potions, music, and 500 thousand won (or not) part 3

Boys ♂ and Girls ♀ (Prince and Princesses of the school) (Hiatus)

Yong Hwa opened his mouth only to gape, his mind blank.

"What were the damn lyrics again?"

Jonghyun frowned at him and looped into another verse of the introduction, the rest of the band following with confused looks.

"Ahhh ottoke??? Why isn't Jung Yonghwa singing??" Hyuna squirmed quietly, clutching onto Seohyun.

Seohyun sighed, glaring at Yonghwa "Geez, is he that paranoid? I just though it'd scare him.." he shook her head, untying her apron from her waist and stalking up to the stage, grabbing the mic off a gaping Minho's stand.

She closed her eyes, remembering the song before opening both her eyes and to sing.

"Ttokbaro hae neon jeongmal Bad boy sarangbodan hogishimppun, Geu dongan nan neo ttaeme kkamppak sogaseo neom~eogangeoya"

There were some cheers starting from the crowd, she turned to glare at Yonghwa whol quickly shook his head and turned his gaze back to the crowd with concentration.

"Neon jaemi eopseo maeneo eopseo neon Devil Devil neon neon."

Yonghwa launched into the song after one moments of hesitation, Seohyun smirked.

"You better run, run, run, run, run."

They both turned to look at each other, belting out the chorus with competitive air, a knowing smile between them.

 

--

 

“To class 2-a!" Jungshin yelled happily, raising his plastic cup

"To class 2-a!!!" The crowd chanted, raising their cups to meet Jungshin's

"E-Eunjung-ssi, drink?" Jang woo hald a cup up to Eunjung who was organising the snacks for the celebration party for winning the "Best class item".

"Thanks Jang woo-ssi." Eungjun smiled shyly.

"Woooo!!!! 500 thousand won!!!" Hyuna cheered excitedly

"Well done class! We have earnt the whole amount to support the school trip we'll be taking in 2 months!" Mrs. Choi smiled with satisfaction.

"WHAT???" The students yelled.

"You mean the money doesn't get split between us?" Hyuna screamed, rushing in front of Mrs. Choi.

"Of course not, it's not appropriate to give student money through school events, but it does mean you guys don't have to pay at all for the school trip."

The whole class groaned, some whining.

"Seonsaengnim you lied to us!"

"Omo, how did I? I only mentioned there was a prize of 500 thousand won, I never said it'd be split between everyone!" She smiled knowingly "Alright, you children have fun, don't forget to clean up after you guys!" She helf up her cup and exited the classroom.

"That old fox!" Hyuna humphed, her shoulders slumped in defeat, "Good bye my new Chanel clutch, Miss Dior perfume and ZARA dress...good bye..."

Yoona patted her shoulder comfortingly "At least you saved money for the school trip, I heard we might be going over-seas."

"Omo, chincha??" Hyuna brightened "Do you think we'll go to Italy? Or Hong Kong? Or even Japan is good enough!"

Yoona only sighed and stuffed a biscuit in Hyuna's mouth.

 

Yonghwa thanked all the girls that crowded around him to praise his performance half-heartedly.

He glanced up to see Seohyun leaning out the window, the sunset casting a red glow on her face, she was very out-of-characterly quiet.

He picked up a cup and walked beside her, looking out the window like her.

"Drink?" He set the cup on the windowsill.

"Thanks." Seohyun took the cup and sipped out of it. "Nice song choice by the way."

Yonghwa turned to look at her profile. "Yea."

 

-4 years ago-

It was that one time when Yonghwa's parents and Joohyun's parents suddenly had the urge to sing noraebang.

Yonghwa sat there, annoyed while his usually well suited and well behaved parents and aunty and uncle were singing rowdily into the mic, not caring about their usual CEO images.

Joohyun sat next to him, fussing over him about whether he'd like a drink, or a snack.

"Yonghwa-ya, you should sing something, Joohyun too!" His dad had just finished rocking out one of his 70's rock songs and fell to the seat next to him, clapping him on the shoulder.

"Oppa! Sing this song with me!"

A song came up on screen and suddenly Joohyun stood up excitedly, their parents cheering her on.

He glanced at the song title, "Run devil run."

It was a new song by a pop girl group that was rising to fame now.

He shook his head, expressionless.

"Aigoo! Yonghwa c'mon!!" His dad pushed a mic into his hand and gave him a hard shove, pushing him out of his seat.

"Wooo!!! Go Yonghwa!!" His mum yelled

He closed his eyes in embarassment.

"Ok fine."

Not even halfway into the song, he found himself belting out the lyrics in a energy, jumping up and down and grinning.

Maybe noraeband did some black magic to people.

When the song finally ended, he fell to his seat with Joohyun beside him.

"That was fun oppa!"

And he gave her the most genuine grin he had given her in years.

 

---Present----

"Oh yea..." Yonghwa smiled awkwardly "I didn't remember that until you started singing...I just thought it was a song everyone knew."

Seohyun smiled, there was a certain bitterness to it.

"I know."

"Unnie!!" Jiyeon suddenly came out of no where and hugged Seohyun "Come play with us!"

Seohyun smiled and nodded, letting Jiyeon pull her away to the crowd with Yonghwa watched her back thoughtfully.

 

----

OKaaaaaay I know, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time not updating, had a miny hiatus, so so so sorry ><

To be honest, I've kind of grown out of these pairings...but I thought I should finish what I started.

I change the storyline to anyone who has read my original chapter before the mini system error that deleted it.

The new storyline will lead to something else *ahem,* school trip*ahem*

Sorry >< I will try to update more, I know i must have lost a lot of readers since no one really remember the storyline now (Even me while writing, haha)

Sorry for short update, I just wanted to get the story to the same point of time to before it got deleted, then I can start some new ideas.