Of love potions, music, and 500 thousand won (or not) part 1

Boys ♂ and Girls ♀ (Prince and Princesses of the school) (Hiatus)

Okay, so before I start, let me apologize for not updating in like a decade.

So as you all know, the site had a breakdown and a lost a chapter (I think that was my longest chapter yet) which I had not backed up.

So I was really annoyed that I had to rewrite it...then heaps of things came up so I just didn't.

So sorry for patiently waiting.

And for those of you who have read the original chapter 16, this is gonna be different...I forgot how the original one went already~ lol...too much on my mind lately....

Also, I have decided that this wont end up being a every one paired together thing, it's too cliche.

So some people in the group might end up with other people~ 

But I'll see~

----

 

It was finally the long awaited day of the school fair, the school was bustling with lively atmosphere.

"Please take some time to check out our music cafe this afternoon!" Yoona and Hyuna handed out flyers to passer-bys.

"Hmph, this better be worth it...Ottoke? the sun is so big, it's going to burn my skin!" Hyuna whined while fanning herself with the flyers.

"At least you're not doing dishes! We wouldn't want our precious princess's nails breaking." Yoona cooed while pretending to fan Hyuna with her own flyers.

Hyuna pouted "I'm a performer too! Why aren't the boys doing anything!?"

She pointed at the group of boys hiding behind a bush, badly disguised in sunglasses and scarves wrapped around their heads.

"Yah! erts! You're going to scare people away from our school!" Hyuna yelled at them and Yong Hwa jumped up from the bush with a start.

"Y--you recognise me?" Yong Hwa gaped in surprise.

Hyuna rolled her eyes "Are you out of your mind Jung Yong Hwa? You should be using that pretty face of yours to attract middle-school girls and ajummas to our cafe so we can win that 500 thousand won! What are you doing hiding behind a bush?"

Yoona chuckled in amusment "Ah~ You guys are really funny you know? If you're trying to hide from Seohyun, she's still preparing the classrooms, you probably won't see her unless you go there."

"Why would I/we/he try to hide from her/Seohyun-ssi/Seohyun noona/ Seohyun?" The group of boys behind Yong Hwa, himself and Hyuna all asked at the same time. The boys defensive, Hyuna curious.

Yoona shrugged "Isn't that what you've been doing the past week? It's obvious."

Yong Hwa signalled at the boys to gather around and they started whispering loudly.

"Can we drop the disguis since it doesn't work anyway?" Wooyoung complained "It's weird and the scarf is ruining my hair!"

"Fine! But we have to think of a plan B!"  Yong Hwa grumbled

"Didn't Yoona say we probably wont run into Seohyun unless we go up to the classroom?" Jungshin mumbled under his breath

"Shouldn't we be practicing instead of doing this?" Jonghyun asked worriedly

"I'm sure we're fine as long as we're just careful, just let everyone enjoy their day, Yong Hwa." Seungho patted Yong Hwa's arm comfortingly

"Hyuuuung, I want to go play!" Minho latched onto Yong Hwa's other arm and started shaking it.

"....Argh!! Fine fine fine! Just go do what you want, but be careful! And we have to be back in time for rehearsals, but do NOT set foot into the classroom anytime before that okay?"

"Yes sir!" The boys echoed, mocking a salute.

With that, the boys scattered in differently directions while Hyuna and Yoona watched them with confusion.

"O...kay.....that was intersting." Yoona shrugged when all the boys have left.

"I don't care what they're up to, as long as they put on a good show and win that 500 thousand!" Hyuna said with fiery determination.

"Hello! Please come and check out our live music cafe this afternoon! We have really handsome boys performing, and waitering as well...if you know what I mean." Hyuna winked and shoved a flyer at two passing girls.

"Hyuna...we're not a strip club...." Yoona quietly tried to pull Hyuna away, Hyuna ignored her and keot trying to shove the flyers into the girls' hands.

 

---

"Minho went to the Manga library, Seungho hyung went to the Tea ceremony, Jungshin and Jonghyun hyung are practicing....Yong Hwa hyung?...Probably hiding in some bush." Wooyoung sighed "Ahhh~ So boring!...Is anyone willing to accompany me?!!" Wooyoung yelled, hoping to catch the attention of young girls milling around the place.

A tap on his shoulder, he turned around in hope but gasped in horror at the sight.

"Oppaaaaa~ do you want someone to accompany you?" (Gues appearane: Shin Bong Sun- not calling her ugly, just that she's a comedian so she often plays these roles, lol)

Wooyoung blink fiercely and swallowed "Uh...Ajummah, you must have heard wrong...."

"Ajummah? How can you say that to a lady?" The woman pouted her overly glossed lips.

"No, I..."

"I heard clearly you said you wanted someone to accompany you! So what do you say about me?" She her lips and s her arm around Wooyoung's.

"Uhh....uh.....WOW look at that!!!" Wooyoung pointed at the sky, just as the woman's grip loosened, he pulled free and ran away with awe, not believing the oldest trick in the book actually worked.

"Ah Oppaaaaaa!! Don't ruuuuuun!!" He heard her coming after him, but he dared not to look back, only runnin up the stairs, pushing people out of the way.

Turning a corner, he stopped to catch his breath when he saw that no one was behind him.

"Aish...why do that let weird people into school..."

"Oppaaaaaa!!!"

he in a breath and quickly opened a door to a random classroom and slid in.

"Ahh...where is he??" He heard foot steps walk past and down the hallway, slowly fading out.

"Phew~" Wooyong relaxed when a hand suddenly clamped on his shoulder.

He turned around to find a pair of glasses staring back at him, glinting off light.

"EEEP" He let out a sqeak before squeezin his eyes shut.

"Wooyoung-ssi, what are you doing?"

Wooyougn snapped his eyes opened to find IU looking at him with an amused expression.

"Oh, Ji Eun-ssi, uhhh...I was just....uhm, the sun was bright, so~" He coughed with embarassment, IU turned around and raised her eyebrows at the drawn curtains.

"Oh-kay......"

"So what are you doig here?"
"So what are you doing here?" The both asked at the same time and started chuckling.

"Uhmm...I was running away from someone." Wooyoung admitted sheepishly.

"Ahh...." IU shook her head, tutting. "That's the problem with you play boys, aways someone running after you. Either an angry ex, or a crazy fangirl."

Wooyoung pouted "But at least that means you have popularity...so you haven't told me what you're doing here yet."

"Hmm.....just working on my latest...experiments." She grinned while waving a flask filled with purpley green liquid.

Wooyoung gulped "Sounds....interesting."

"It is," IU smiled with satisfaction, swirling the flask "I can spend all day in here."

Wooyoung sighed "See, that's the problem with you smart nerds, you spend all your time dedicated to your study, you have no fun anymore....there's so much happening out there, but you choose to spend your time in here all alone."

IU made a face "I guess it's just different opinions, but at least I get good grades."

Wooyoung scoffed mockingly "So? Good grades and then? You can't eat good grades, you can't play with good grades, good grades wont get you a boyfriend or girlfriend."

IU opened to say something, but then quickly shut it.

 "Hah, you can't argue with that right?"

"Actually....it can."

"What?"

IU smirked, pushing her glasses up "Have you not heard that you can scientifically produce "Love potions?"

Wooyoung frowned "What? That's nonsense!"

IU shook her head "Of course not those perfumed food coloring you get out there, but you can actually make one, using science."

IU turned around and opened the cabinet, pulling out several flasks and tubes of liquid.

"It is scientifically proven that smells can evoke memories or feelings....so...."

She took out an empty test tube and held it in front of Wooyoung.

"Burgamot citrus, known to ease the feelings of depressions or anxiousness." She dropped a few drops into the tube.

"Coco extract, contains both a sedative which relaxes and lowers inhibitions and a stimulant to increase activity and the desire for physical contact." A few drops into the tube too.

"Vanilla, almond, truffles." Iu listed as she dropped different extracts into the tube.

IU took of her glasses and held the tube close to her eyes, dropping in a dark red liquid.

"And lastly, a drop of red coloring which simulates visual senses too." She smiled with triumph as the  food coloring made the mixture a deep, luxious red.

IU held the tube up to Wooyoung's nose, "Smell it." She demanded stubbornly.

Wooyoung sighed unbelievingly before breathing in the scent of the mixture in the tube.

"Doesn't it make your heart beat faster?"

Wooyoung frowned and closed his eyes, taking in another deep breath.

The smell was sweet with a slight tang and a twist of musky aroma smelt warm.

Wooyoung smiled and opened his eyes when he focused on IU who was leaning in close to him.

It was the first time he saw her without glasses on, he had never noticed how soft and smooth her skin had looked before, or how her lips were a natural glossy pink, or how her eyes were round and wide.

*Thump thump thump* "Ahh, what is this? my heart is beating so fast......."

IU smiled with satisfaction and pulled away "See, I was right wasn't I?"

Wooyoung gulped and scratched his head, "Yeah I guess....."

IU chuckled before sliding her glasses back on "Don't make fun of nerds from now on."