Prelude

Boys ♂ and Girls ♀ (Prince and Princesses of the school) (Hiatus)

A hot summer's afternoon, the sun shone mercilessly without any cloud to block it's way, people sweated by just standing still.

Some stood under the air conditioner in admiration to the cool breeze it produced.

A girl ran through the crowded middle school hallway, sweat breaking on her forehead, but she didn't bother wiping it off, her hands were occupated

with cans of coke and wrapped bags of food.

"Please don't get mad at me....please..." She murmured as she pushed her way through the crowd started her way on the seemingly never-ending 

staircase.

She didn't dare slow her footsteps even while ascending the stairs, finishing her last steps gratefully, she threw open the rooftop door revealing a figure 

lying on the ground with his hands under his head, his fringe was the only protection his eyes had against the sun.

"Y-yong Hwa oppa!" the girl fell to her knees in exhaustion, the food in her hands falling in front of her.

"So slow..." the boy on the ground yawned and got up lazily, walking to where the girl is, he picked up the can of coke and took big gulps.

He eyed the girl "Hm?" he noticed the school tuck shop bread that she bought.

"You bought the sweet bun?" he frowned and picked up the bread "I wanted the curry one."

"I-I know...but t-they ran out..." the girl wimpered.

Yong Hwa groaned "You should go earlier next time then!"

"I'm sorry...I will go earlier tomorrow..."

Yong Hwa rolled his eyes and tore the packet open, chomping down the bread with a reluctent expression.

The girl- Seo Joo Hyun eyed him quietly, his frown deepend "Aish! I really can't eat this! Here, you can have it!" He shoved the bread in her hands.

The girl's eyes widened in surprise and took a small bite of the bread. Smiling, she realised this was the first indirect kiss they had upon years of knowing

each other, well years of her following him around.

Yong Hwa resorted back to sleeping on the ground while Seohyun kept quietly looking at him.

Joo hyun smiled lightly while eyeing Yong Hwa, he always acted indifferent and uncaring towards her, but deep down she knew he was a gentle, soft hearted person. 

She didn't care that people always thought she was just a pitiful girl following around everywhere and running errands for him, she didn't care that she hasn't made any 

real friends because she's always with Yong Hwa, she didn't care as long as she could be with him, even if it's always chasing after him.

The school bell rang, breaking Seo Joo Hyun out of her day dream and Yong Hwa out of his sleep. He yawned and jumped to his feet, taking the other can of 

drink he headed out the door, Seo Joo Hyun quickly followed suit picking up his empty can that he threw carelessly on the ground.

He turned back and eyed her "Don't follow me, I pass by Shinhye noona's locker this period so I don't want her thinking you were my girlfriend like last time."

Joo Hyun bit her lip and nodded, her fringe covering her eyes that were threatening to tear up any moment.

Yong Hwa turned back and walked away without a second glance to the girl he just hurt.

Joo Hyun waited for a few mintues before she trudged down the seemingly-longer-now staircase.

She caught her reflection in the glass door that lead to her floor. She ruffled her short hair, she had cut it after she knew of Yong Hwa harboured a crush on Park Shinhye, one of their seniors, she was pretty, popular and had a kind personality. Shinhye wore the same short hairstyle Joo Hyun had but some how Shinhye looked cute and bubbley while she just looked a like a joke. She patted her fringe down so it covered her eyes.

As she walked grudgingly back to her classroom, she kept her head down, when suddenly she felt a light pat on her shoulder.

"Dongsaeng! How can you see with your head down like that? Be careful you may run into something!" Joo Hyun looked up to see the person that she was thinking about and the target for Yong Hwa's affection- Shinhye.

"S-sunbae, Annyonghaseyo!" She bowed a 90-degree bow that got Shinhye giggling. "De, annyong~" Shinhye returned the bow, which got Joo Hyun to blush a little and bow her head even more, thinking she was making fun of her. Shin hye noticed and quickly stopped giggling "Aniyo Joo Hyun, I didn't mean to tease you, I just find you cute, few teenage girls are as polite as you now."

"D-de...kamsahmida...." Joo hyun blushed a deeper shade of beetroot upon her comment.

"So you are not with that Yong Hwa boy today." Shinhye said, looking from left to right.

"N-no..." 

"I see, I thought you two love-birds are always together"

"N-no!! We're not dating! He doesn't like me in that way at all! We are like oppa and dongsaeng, y-yea...oppa and dongsaeng!" Joo Hyun quickly explained, "Please don't misunderstand Shinhye sunbae!" she didn't want Shinhye to think she and Yong Hwa are a couple, Yong Hwa would hate her if he found out, for sure.

Shinhye gave her a small smile "But you like him don't you?"

"D-de?" Joo Hyun stammered "N-no, I-I.."

Shinhye laughed and shook her head slightly again "It's alright Joo Hyun, I understand" She glanced at her watch "Oh my, I've been holding you up too long, go to class now ok?"

Joo Hyun nodded and bowed, she ran to her class without further saying anything.

 

---

"Yah, Seo Joo Hyun!" It was after school, Joo Hyun had just made her way to her locker.

She turned around, surprised to hear Yong Hwa call her name, it was usually her that went to find him after school.

"I found out what type of flower Shinhye noona likes," her heart sunk a little upon hearing Shinhye's name "It's Li..lisi.....urgh!"

He sighed in frustration and grabbed her hand, Joo Hyun flinched a little, in surprise, but the shock on her face quickly turned into a blush.

"Lisianthus" he wrote on her hand, "This type, go buy a bouquet for me, I'm not good with this stuff..." he scratched his head.

She smiled lightly, "Sure."

----

"Please wrap it up nicely." She smiled politely to the florist, the middle-aged woman smiled back at her.

"Is this for your mother?...or friend?" She tried to make a small conversation as she wrapped the flowers.

"Um...it's for a friend to give to a girl." Joo Hyun admitted, the lady smiled a lopsided smile "I see....you must like that friend very much to help him like this."

Joo Hyun hesitated, but nodded “Yes, I do."

----

Joo Hyun ran back to school where Yong Hwa instructed her to go, he found out that Shinhye will stay behind school a little later for a school council meeting and he was planning to wait for her outside the school gate.

Joo Hyun carried the bouquet carefully while trying to run at full speed, it was starting to drizzle a little but she covered the bouquet with her jacket.

As she arrived at the school gate, she saw Yong Hwa approach Shinhye with an umbrella in his hand.

So he's thoughtful when it comes to Shinhye. She sighed, then remembered the bouquet in her hands. "Oh no...how am I going to give it to him without interupting them?"

She slowly edged closer to the two people, Yong Hwa seemed really nervous and he was talking.

Joo Hyun edged closer until she heard that they said "I'm serious noona."

Shinhye looked at him like a seven year old just proposed to her, she was flattered, but didn't return the same feelings.

"What about Joo Hyun?" Shinhye asked, Joo Hyun gasped when she heard her name.

Yong Hwa frowned "What about her?" 

Shinhye sighed "Isn't it obvious she is in love with you? No one would do so much for a person they don't love."

Joo Hyun wanted to jump into the conversation and deny it, but Yong Hwa's words stopped her

"What?" He scoffed "She is a nobody to me, I just let her follow me around so she can run errands for me, she thinks I care for her deep down but I really don't, the only person I like is you noona."

Joo Hyun froze, all the illusion that she built herself was crushed, Yong Hwa never cared, he hated her, despised her. He wasn't a caring person

underneath, he didn't care about her. The flower bouquet in her hand slipped onto the wet concrete ground and along it, her body.

Thunder started to clap and the light drizzle turned into pouring rain.

What Yong Hwa and Shinhye were saying wasn't audible to Joo Hyun anymore 

"She thinks I care for her but I really don't....I really don't...don't...." Yong Hwa's words echoed in her mind.

She raised her head to look at the boy that she loved for so many years, suddenly, she felt something snap in her.

As if a string being pulled too tight, she snapped, and all her love for Yong Hwa turned into hatred.

She slowly stood up, she brought her foot above the flower bouquet and stood on it, her feet rubbing the petals into the ground.

Her face was emotionless, she glared at Yong Hwa one more time, her lips slowly curved into a sadistic smile.

"Just you wait, Jung-Yong-Hwa-O-P-P-A." She let out an empty laugh and walked away, leaving the curshed bouquet lying on the ground.

 

 

--------------

So the first chapter is just an prolougue before the whole story happens, its just Yongseo here but don't worry, other characters will come in in the next chapter so please look forward to it! ^^

So tired....been studying the dreaded PHYSICS....mock exams next week *weak laugh*