Hug

The Stars in the Sky

 

Happiness walks on busy feet. Yes, it is. Dara was merrily marching at the eerie streets from her home to the market. She was in charged of buying the ingredients for their dinner at the wet market which explains to why she was marching in rad right now. Actually she was given enough money to ride a bus in going there since it's quite far but she chose to walk instead.

Walking is her life.

A huge grin was plastered in her petite face and an invisible smoke of happy aura fogged around her, making her look like a problem free fairy. She was humming an Ed Sheeran song and she's literally out of tune. No matter how much she dreamt of becoming a great singer like Whitney Houston, well it's a fact that most people couldn't just have anything that they wanted.

She gleefully dawdled under the smiling sun and the cerulean skies but the moment was basically ruined by a bark from a tied doberman.

She was singing but then this little piece of crap interrupted her. Wow. That was unacceptable.

She startled from her living fantasy when this scary dog barked at her. Soon, other dogs around the neighborhood began to respond at that mean doberman's barking that's why they all barked at her in chorus. Dara stared at the barking dogs in horror. Omo this is beyond scary. She thought as she took a glance at the ferocious dogs of the village

Terrified, she froze straight at her spot while the dogs continued to bark at her furiously. Her legs have betrayed her since they wouldn't move at all. Her body has literally paralyzed when she stared at the wild beasts eveywhere with salivating mouths and dangerously sharp teeth.

The good news was, those dogs were tied by their respected owners but,

The bad news is..

The rope was almost breaking. Damn! Why did they even tie those monsters with a brittle piece of string? Are they insane?

The barks were getting louder every second and trust me, Dara was getting paler every second too. The dogs stared at her with wolf-like eyes and their paws scraped the concrete, ready to devour her any time.

Dara was mentally crying as she remained frozen from her spot. She tried her best to drag her feet away but her knees would just wobble down. We couldn't deny that she was used of getting barked by the dogs but this was her first time to witness how the dogs despised her.

The dogs were wildly pulling themselves out from the rope until one of the dogs, which happens to be a bad pitbull, has finally freed itself from the breakable rope in just a one strong snap.

The pitbull stared at her with a different expression. Whoah. I didn't knew dogs would be as expressive as humans. It seems like the pitbull was smirking and in less than a count of three, he started to run impatiently towards Dara.

Dara immediately closed her eyes, waiting for that vigorous bite to happen. But instead of feeling a set of sharp teeth piercing through her skin, she could feel someone's arms wrapped around her.

She blinked her eyes in astonishment. What the heck just happened?

She tilted her head upwards and to her surprise, a lovely pair of eyes met her.

"C-chanyeol?"

"Hi noona." Chanyeol awkwardly flashed a cute smile. A deep rosy color spread over his cheeks and his ears has turned red as bacon. He pretended to composedly look back at his bestfriend's sister but actually he was just staring at Dara's forehead. His heart was unusally beating fast, like any second it would pop out from his rib cage.

 "W-where's the dog?" Dara terrifically asked as she tightened her grasp at Chanyeol's chest.

"T-there." Chanyeol stuttered while as he tilted his head at his right, telling Dara that the dog was just there. He couldn't deny the fact that Dara looked so cute when she's scared. And also, Dara is so petite that she perfectly fits herself in his arms.

Dara immediately pulled herself away from Chanyeol's embrace and examined Chanyeol's legs. "Weren't you bitten by that devil?" She confusingly asked as she continued to scan for some bitemarks.

"I wasn't. " Chanyeol calmly said, "But w-why? How?" Dara asked with a total disbelief in her eyes. How the heck did he stopped that stupid dog from biting.

"He's my friend" He flatly said as he turned around in his right and approached the dog. He bent over then patted the dog's head, and the dog obediently sat down and stared at him with loving eyes.

"His name's Kris. Kris, I want you to meet Dara noona." He said while smiling at the dog then glancing at the horrified Dara. "Come here noona. Trust me, I wouldn't let Kris bite you." He flashed his irresistible smile at Dara and Dara just couldn't help but to come closer.

She stopped in her tracks midway since she still has some paranoia residue from what actually happened before her prince Chanyeol came. What if there's a plot twist. What if the dog would jump over her and bite her to death, and Chanyeol was too late to get rid of that evil dog.

Chanyeol noticed how Dara hesitates to come closer so he stood up and held her hand firmly. His heart was screaming wildly this time and fortunately, Dara was too oblivious to hear that.

"Try to pat his head. He's not harmful you know." He said as he lovingly gripped her cold hands tightly. Dara was left with no other choice but to pat her nemesis' head with an ounce of confidence. Hesitation was still vividly present on her face.

She closed her eyes as her hand carefully landed on the scary beast's head. But to her surprise, the dog did nothing to her but only wag his tail and playfully stuck his tongue out.

"Kris likes you noona," Chanyeol said as he bent down beside Dara to join her in patting Kris' head as well. "Did you name this little guy, 'Kris'? Why?" Dara spat out in curiousity as she looked at the smiling Chanyeol beside her.

"That was my friend's name. I actually named all the dogs in this neighborhood by my friends' names you know. That's Baekhyun!" He pointed the playful little pug inside the gate of one of their neighbors. "And that's Kyungsoo!" And he pointed a wide eyed Brusche. Dara laughed at the dogs that Chanyeol pointed. She didn't laugh at the dogs' appearance but she laughed at the way Chanyeol named them.

"Do your friends really looked like these dogs in real life?" She asked with a slight chuckle. Chanyeol just nodded and Dara playfully hit his shoulders. She couldn't stop herself from laughing at this michievous earthling beside her

"How 'bout Cheondong? Where's he?" Dara asked as her eyes scanned over the place, looking for a Cheondong looking animal.

"He's not here. He's a carabao." Chanyeol innocently stated and Dara bursted into another round of her laughing saga.

A sight of a genuinely laughing Dara was so overwhelming that Chanyeol himself joined Dara in laughing til the both of them were laughing like idiots in the middle of the street.

Kris barked at them, making them stop from laughing. The both of them stared at the pissed dog and unfortunately, they laughed again. These two were a good pair of happy viruses. This will gonna make some long happy hours.

 

"So you live here Chanyeol-ah?" Dara asked. They already left Kris and they were walking right now, heading to the market.

"Hmm nope. Actually I live at the nearby neighborhood. Just fifteen blocks away." He replied as a matter of fact.

"Then why were you wandering around here anyway?" Stubborn Dara is stubborn. I guess she wouldn't stop spatting some questions at Chanyeol until she was fully satisfied by all the informations she gathered.

"I just returned my friend's ipod. He left it at my place the other day. I was about to go home but then I saw you standing there helplessly." He accurately said but he laughed at his last sentence. He could still clearly remember Dara's scared expression.

"Yah! Forget about that!" Dara whined like a baby as she slightly nudged Chanyeol's side by her elbow. She was undeniably ashamed by her ridiculous actions awhile ago. Curse that Kris dog. Oblivious to her, Chanyeol blushed hard by Dara's cute reaction.

"Aren't you gonna head home now? I am going to buy something for our dinner. You'll get bored if you'll come with me you know." Dara said while staring at the tall guy beside her. She doesn't hate the idea of Chanyeol coming with her but the thought of Chanyeol getting bored made her think that he should better go instead of wasting his precious time with her.

"I was just joking, okay? I wouldn't mind buying some meat and vegetables with you." He replied without staring back at her. He placed his hands on the pockets of his jeans and pretended to whistle finely because deep inside, his veins were already popping of extreme nervousness. He was already close to hyperventilating just by this. How much more if he asked her out?

"You know, you don't have to. You're just wasting your time. Trust me." Dara bluntly said, refusing Chanyeol's idea. She was about to shoo him away but Chanyeol was fast enough to bribe her.

 

"I'll treat you anything. I swear. Anything."

 

 

 

"Yah Park Chanyeol! I told you I can beat you. You'll have to treat me again next time, okay? Thanks for underestimating me." Dara proudly said in slight sarcasm as she did some circular hand motions on her stuffed stomach. She suddenly let out a loud burp and eventually laughed at her own immature action.

"You're unbelievable noona! How did you even manage to empty 6 bowls of ramyun? That's insane!" Chanyeol shrieked. He suddenly remembered how Dara breathlessly devoured the dish like she has been food deprived for a countless days. With such a petite body, who would expect that she could swallow that record-breaking amount of food?

"I'm Dara the great, just so you know." She flashed a cheeky grin at Chanyeol and gave him a playful wink. Chanyeol flushed into a red color again and his heart was in chaos. 'Damn you noona. Why are you doing this to me?!' He thought as he looked at the playful Dara in front of him.

"I-I'll beat you next time! I swear!" Chanyeol protested but mentally smirked. Smirking, huh? What is he up to?

"Okay then. As if you'll be able to beat me." Dara proudly stated as she bragged her tiny biceps to Chanyeol. Chanyeol just laughed at the hilarious and stubborn Dara that summoned him to a bet. But actually, he loves to where this conversation is heading.

"And if I win, I will get what I want. No, ANYTHING that I want." He casually said as he wriggled his brows. Dara stared at him and his sly look. She was about to back out since she's not too dumb to not notice something sinister hidden under the sleeve of this bunny-eared kiddo but, she realized that backing out is not her style.

"I would agree but," She curiously examined if something evil was printed on Chanyeol's eyes but they were too big that she ended up staring at his tempting pupils instead. "B-but, please not my.. y-you know, The v thing?" She finished awkwardly. She pretended to look away and play with her locks.

Chanyeol on the other hand was totally left flabbergasted. Did she just mention the v thing? He blinked in surprise by those shocking words that came out from Dara's mouth. Oh no. Chanyeol hasn't even thought about it for the love of Christ!

'Noona, you just wakened up my inner byuntae.' He thought and carefully took a glance at the clueless noona.

"I-I respect you noona. I wouldn't do such thing just because you lose." He silently said and looked down, totally ashamed of how Dara thought of him as someone who would love to take her for granted.

"Okay then Yeol. I trust you." She said as she gently patted Chanyeol's back.

 

"O-oh Yeol. I guess we'll just separate from here. We'll meet some other time, okay?" Dara suddenly halted, causing Chanyeol to halt as well in the intersection. But Chanyeol didn't move at all, much to Dara's dislike.

"If you won't go home, I'm seriously thinking of throwing our friendship away. And I am serious." Dara warned him with basic evil present in both of her eyes.

"O-okay. I got it. But you still owe me a homemade dish. Don't forget about that noona!" Chanyeol said.

"Of course! You can freely go to our place anytime and I swear l'm going to stuff you like a bloated elephant. Just hurry up and go home now." Dara impatiently said as she continued to push Chanyeol harshly.

Chanyeol started to walk away in heavy steps but after taking 6 steps away from Dara, he stopped.

"Yeol!" Dara whined after seeing Chanyeol composedly stopping in his tracks. Hearing Dara's cute whimper, he smirked and turned around to face the peevish reaction of his noona.

"Don't worry noona. I just forgot something." He sheepishly said as he awkwardly rubbed his nape. In graceful steps, he sauntered towards Dara. He stopped right in front of her, only a few centimeters separated between them.

Dara looked up to meet this tall man's gaze. "What is it?" Dara confusingly questioned. She wondered what on earth he fogot when in fact he wasn't bringing anything at all.

"This." Chanyeol flatly said before his gleaming eyes darted at the lovely image of this girl who makes his heart flutter fast and slow at the same time. It seems like the world was set in a slow motion when he started to lovingly wrap his arms around Dara's fragile body. Dara blinked in wonder, trying to figure out what happened. And that's when she caught herself locked up in Chanyeol's passionate embrace.

She has no idea how to react in this kind of situation so she just let her face sank into his chest. She could feel the beautiful rhythm of Chanyeol's heart beat. They were like snare drums beating inside his rib cage.

Chanyeol on the other hand exhibited a calm demeanor but inwardly, his feelings were already bursting into a spectrum of fireworks. Actually, he wasn't calm. He was never calm when he's with Dara. He panicked, he gets butterflies, his nerves would crack and he would silently let himself drown in nervousness.

He closed his eyes as he inhaled Dara's scent, indulging the sweetest momentum of his life. He was aware that Dara would break away the soonest but as of now, he just wanted to feel the moment.

His heart shuddered in pain as he witnessed that Dara wasn't responding to his embrace. He realized that Dara would only see him as her lovely dongsaeng, and not more than that. He terribly wished to break the boundaries of this noona-dongsaeng relationship even though it's greatly impossible in Dara's case.

He slowly broke away from the hug that he initiated and lovingly stared at his cute noona.

Dara blinked, again, like she hardly synced in everything that has happened. Chanyeol flicked her forehead and she immediately brought herself back to consciousness.

"I need to go now noona. Take care!" And after those words escaped from his mouth, he dashed his way home leaving Dara dumbfounded.

 

 

It was already dusky and Dara was still on her way home. She was kinda lonely after Chanyeol left her. Now she regrets why she  let that little redhead boy go.

The streets were the same as usual, except that the skies have turned darker. The neighborhood dogs were still barking at her but it doesn't sound as scary as before. Well, thanks to Park Chanyeol.

She saw an empty soda can and kicked it along the pavement. The place is dead silent except for the sound of the tin can that echoed all over.

She walked and walked until she noticed someone's presence behind her. She was alarmed and immediately assumed that she was followed by a creepy stalker but the idea of her having a stalker is impossible. She laughed at the nonsensical thoughts that suddenly popped out from her mind. Why on earth would she have a stalker? Well, nobody gives a damn about her anyway.

She continued to walk in big wary steps but the presence of whoever this someone is behind her was too strong.

Still hesitant to turn her back to meet and greet this anonymous person behind her, she quickly brainstormed the possibility of guessing who could it be. There were only two person that pooped out from her mind in an instant. It could either be Jiyong or Bom.

In one swift motion, she turned herself around and..

It was someone familiar.

But it was neither Jiyong or Bom.

It was Jiyong's bestfriend, Donghae.

 

"It's kinda dangerous for a girl like you to walk here alone you know." He casually said as he let himself stride in graceful steps beside Dara.

 

 

 

A/N: There's no DaraGon moments in this chapter and only a little spice of DaraHae. So sorry guys, I swear I'll make the next chapter much better and more fluffs for our DaraHae couple. And also, school will start this monday and it's a sad thing to tell you that I can't update right away since I'll be busier this sem. But I'll try my best to update. Thank you so much for those who diligently read this and subscribed this story. I don't know how much I thank you guys because apparently I have only expected to reach 15 subscribers for this story, srsly. But I broke the record /cries. Aigoo come here guys and let me hug youuu.

See you next chapter xoxo ♥