I want to see her

The Stars in the Sky

Donghae's POV

 

"Are you still mad at me?"

There were no denying that this girl sitting in front of me is drop dead gorgeous. Her twinkling feline eyes could be perfectly seen beneath her mascara lines. She had a dainty nose and a pair of sweetly glossed lips. Her cheekbones are perfectly sculpted on her radiant face most especially that she obviously applied some bronzer to it, emphasizing them deeply.

She tucked a strand of her golden hair behind her ear as she carefully pouted her lips like a baby. She frowned and frowned and I don't know when will she stop.

She is Jessica Jung. An overall ideal material of a perfect girl in the perfect world.

 

Amidst her constant drama and over empowering aegyos, I could still own the stubborn heart of nodding my head.

 

Yes. I was mad at her. Really mad at her.

 

I sighed as I pressed my lips together in a thin line.

I hated the idea that here I was sitting and wasting my godly hours here in the cafeteria when supposedly we should be in class doing our chemistry experiment.

I could still clearly remember how serious I was in mixing chemicals and jotting down my observations in an experiment sheet but then, this petite temptress suddenly dragged me out of class. At first I thought that she needed some help or it's an SOS call or vice versa, but to my greatest disappointment, she pulled me out here for no legitimate reason! This is clearly stupid.

 

I dragged my feet heavily along the hallway with my labgown still hanging on my body. I ing hate this. We stopped midway when Jessica tiptoed to reach the lab goggles placed on my head as she swiftly removed it with her expert fingers. She fixed my tousled hair for awhile and then she held my hand and resumed to dragging me across the dim hallway.

She hastily pressed the elevator button and once it's open, she impatiently shoved me in. I rolled my eyes at her as she flashed her grin of success of sneaking me out of class. that. I don't want to fail for God's mercy!

 

And here we are now, sitting in boredom. I don't get her point of going here with me doing nothing. Is she challenging me for a staring competition? This is just so pointless.

I ruffled my hair in frustration not caring how ugly it looks right now. I could see her constant frowning and I just rolled my eyes at her once again. Well, she couldn't blame me for feeling so frustrated since all I ing want right now is to be in class and conclude something right in our goddamn experiment.

 

"H-hae.."

"What?!" I snapped back sternly. My patience is dangerously thinning.

"Can you go shopping with me this afternoon?" She said cutely while she dramatically batted her eyelashes like what most girls do. I don't find it amusing though. Maybe for some, but not for me. And heck I hate shopping.

"No. I'll go with Jiyong this afternoon." Totally rejecting her plea, I could sense how disappointed she's right now. To be honest, shopping with a girl is NEVER included on my bucketlist. And will never be.

 

"B-but.."

"Do you want me to forgive you?"

 

Yeah. I was aware how mean I was to her right now but this is the only thing I could think of doing to her. I couldn't just spoil her like what most boys do. And anyway, she's not my girlfriend. Yes you heard it right. She is NOT my girlfriend. Maybe not yet. We're still in the flirting stage I guess.

 

Well, in return, she nodded like a betrayed puppy. I inwardly smiled by her helpless reaction.

 

"Forgiven. Tell Tiffany to come with you, okay?" I calmy told her while patting her head like a cute little puppy. Cute.

 

 

I fished my phone from my pocket and once I did that, I started dialling my best bud Kwon Jiyong.

It took more than 5 rings before he picked it up. Well, that's just basic for a careless guy like Jiyong. He usually picks his phone after a countless rings.

 

"Hello Bro? Meet me at the pub across the school. Right now."

 

Jiyong's POV

 

The flickering lights, the powerful neutral walls, the sentimental music echoing all over the place and the retro vintage interiors made the ambiance very dramatic. The momentum of this blissful moment was basically ruined by the sight of this douchebag sitting in front of me.

With groggy eyes, messy hair and intoxicating smell of alcohol, this idiot Donghae is obviously closer to his alcohol threshold. Few gulps of alcohol and he will be at the brink of his sanity. Acting as if he was unaffected by the alcohol, he bravely stood straight and started walking in zigzag probably going to the restroom.

 

After ten long minutes, he came back looking a little bit better now. I assume that he was throwing up the whole time when he risked the courage of staying at the rest room for minutes.

 

"What was your problem actually?" I fixed my questioning gaze at him as I interrogated him in a straight-to-the-point manner. I would just simply want to keep this clear besides, I hate talking in circles.

 

He stared back at me with unreadable eyes but immediately diverted his gaze to somewhere which I assume that he's probably trying to avoid my question. And I was right.

 

Something's wrong with Donghae.

 

He may be trying to maintain a cool boy-next-door image but surprisingly, he don't usually ask anyone out at a pub. Mostly he was just tagged along by a friend or an acquiantance although he was always incharged to pay the drinks. He's still the good guy Donghae. Just so you know.

And now that we're here, sitting like lame broken hearted brothers, I am 100% sure either he's pissed about something or he's logically upset.

 

There was a quirky silence until he broke it.

 

"What do you think about Jessica bro?"

 

I was kinda surprised by his question. Why is he asking me about Jessica anyway? Isn't he dating that living barbie doll?

"Oh she's beautiful and hot. What's not to like anyway?" I told him truthfully. Well, Jessica is incredibly pretty if you're going to ask me. She's a hot chic and a total girl. Her hourglass figure is enough to leave guys drooling. Donghae is quite lucky because he was able to fish a mermaid in the ocean. A fish was fishing. Bear that.

To be honest, I was expecting Donghae to hiss some possessive profanities at me for complimenting her girl but to my greatest surprise, he just shrugged my words like there's nothing wrong with it. Whoah. I have known Donghae for years and he's one of a heck possessive bastard but now, why?

 

"Do you think I like her?"

Oh wait. So Donghae must probably have some issues with Jessica which is the reason why he's here drowning in alcohol. And what is ing wrong with him? I'm quite sure he liked her since he's been eyeing her for quite awhile now. And as what I've recently told you, 'what's not to like?'. She's Jessica Jung. One of the hottest female in this medical school.

"Yes you do bro! She's pretty and the like. Wait.. don't tell me she dumped you?" I hastily asked him. Jessica could've probably dumped him that's why Donghae's here, asking me if he did like her. Laugh out loud. Donghae's still the same confused fish I know.

 

"How could she dump me when I wasn't courting her?"

He answered blatantly as he puffed a raspberry. Wait.. have I heard him right? It's his ing chance to claim Jessica yet he haven't courted her yet?! Jessica's like a trophy in which everyone's dying to win and dafuq is wrong with my awesome bestfriend?! I seriously need to kick his balls. This is insane!

"WHERE'S THE MOVES THAT I TAUGHT YOU? STOP BEING A LEE DONGHAE! DEVOUR HER WHILE YOU STILL CAN!"

 

"Chill bro. Umm.. it's just that I don't think I like her"

"YOU WHAT?!!" I was shrieking already. This is beyond reasonable thinking for Christ's mercy!

"Yes she's pretty, she's perfectly perfect but there's just something within me that I don't feel about her. It feels like she's not really someone I like or perhaps.. will love"

I was kinda surprised by his less egoistic answer. Instead of Jessica dumping him, it's actually the other way around. He took a sip of the clear vodka he's holding before he ruffled his hair in annoyance. It's then when realization hits me that something terrible must have occurred between the two of them and this is the aftermath.

 

"I know something happened bro. Spill it."

 

He took a deep breath before he started to rant his feelings out.

"I was marked absent by Professor Hwang in our chemistry class, I wasn't allowed to take quizzes for two straight meetings and I was kicked by our chemistry group leader. Surprise."

"and Jessica was the reason behind this." he added.

 

I gulped. Well, that was tough. Donghae was a loyal dreamer you know and he has long dreamed of becoming a doctor one day. In a retrospect, he was looking foreward to making it come true that's why his studies were not a joke.

 

"Oh" That's all I could say as of the moment. I could clearly see how Donghae's eyes lit up in frustration as he tried to recall the burning memory of being marked absent by a terror teacher as well as being kicked out of his group for being an irresponsible member.

 

"She dragged me out of class for no damn reason!" He furiously snapped.

 

"Chill bro"

 

"And besides, it feels like I wasn't me when I'm with her. I've been showing her my cool image the past few days but what I just really wanted was someone who would want to spend the day with me seeing how stupid and coward I really am. And I hate shopping too bro. You have no idea how boring it is. I just don't think this is gonna work out bro. You know, Jessica and me." He said those words seriously. Seriously serious. I blinked my eyes for a couple of seconds, trying to process what he just said.

Is he serious?

 

There's another round of silence that even the music stopped playing and all I could hear was his unsteady breathing.

Since I am the good guy bestfriend here, I was thinking of ways to at least lift the heavy burden off his shoulders. A piece of my advice wouldn't harm him, right?

 

"One mistake wouldn't define her whole being bro. Give her a chance or else.. you might die with regret for letting her go"

I told him flatly and that's all I could think of for now. Why not give her a chance? I don't think Jessica is a harmful person anyway. If it wouldn't work out this time then he could simply end it. And besides, Jessica is too beautiful for a Lee Donghae to let go. My best bud truly deserves an eyecandy like Jessica.

 

He remained unresponsive and I could just plainly understood why since I'm quite aware that he's deeply thinking of the right decision.

 

It was awkwardly silent and I think it's right to at least change the topic in order to break the thick walls of tension built awhile ago.

"Oh by the way bro, where are you planning to head afterwards?" I asked him in a gleeful manner. With a gigantic smile plastered on my face, you could tell how excited I was right now. There's no reason for me not get hyped up when Dara promised me for some rice cakes half an hour from now. Well, goodluck to my heavy appetite Darabbit!

 

"Nowhere. How bout billiards bro? My treat" Donghae casually said. It sounds tempting but I won't fall for it. I'm looking forward to seeing Dara today.

"No thanks."

"How bout going to my house? Let's play starcraft."

"No thanks."

"How bout some karaoke? My treat"

"No thanks."

"How bout some beef braised soup? My treat"

"No thanks."

"Bowling. You could play all you want. My treat"

"No thanks."

"Let's watch so--"

"No thanks."

"YAH KWON JIYONG! STOP PLAYING HARD TO GET CAN YOU?!" His sudden outrage scared the out of me. I never thought 'no thanks' was such an annoying phrase to him. Sorry not sorry.

 

"ing tell me WHY you don't wanna go with me." His voice laced with a threatening tone is ing dreadful. Uh-ohh.

"I'm going out with my new friend okay? She promised to treat me some fish cake. Now shoo get a life." I rolled my eyes at him for acting like a pathetic kid and did that 'scram away' hand gesture.

"S-she?"

"Yes. She's Sandara Park." I proudly answered as images of a happy and pissed Dara crossed my mind for seconds. I let out a soft chuckle just by that thought of her.

 

I was positively expecting him to bombard me with questions like 'Oh my god bro are you going out with that chic?' or 'Why didn't you ing tell me bro that you're dating a new girl?' or any suspicious questions that would literally stress me out. But I was kinda disappointed when he just simply said, "I want to see her" with a glimmering delight in his eyes.

Well, isn't he gonna rant all over the fact that I'm going out with a girl? Isn't he gonna pull my goddamn collar furiously and ask me to spat out the details of this girl named Sandara Park?

Oh. I was expecting him to at least give a damn about me and Dara just like the way I give a damn to him and Jessica.

 

Isn't he just gonna at least tease me or something?

I was disappointed.

Unfortunately, he just wished to see her. That's all.

 

"N-no way! Why don't you go with Jessica and help her lift her shopping bags instead?" I immediately questioned, no, more like ordered him to go with Jessica. I don't want him to see Dara,  thinking that he might do something stupid with her. Dara is too innocent for my friend Donghae.

"Since when have you been so possessive?" He suspiciously asked me with one of his brows raising.

"I have no s to give right now okay. Now go with Jessica and live happily ever after." I said nonchalantly as I raked my hair using my hands.

"I want to see her bro whether you like it or not." He stubbornly said as he fixed his awful glare at me. "And whether you like it or not, she's not just going to treat you for some fish cakes because she's going to treat me as well too" he added with a smile of victory. I mentally facepalmed. Oh my God this is worst. I forgot how stubborn Lee Donghae really is.

 

Donghae have been constantly whining for several minutes until I just give in. I couldn't stand him being whiny all over and pouting nonstop like a baby. A horrible looking baby to be exact.

 

I took a glance at my watch and smirked. It's time. Daraaaa here I come!

 

-----------------------

Dara's POV

 

I was patiently waiting for Jiyong here in the school's guard house. He's five minutes late. Mosquitoes began to swarm around me and I was terrified by the thought of being bitten by one of it. Malaria is a killer you know. Where are you now Kwon Jiyong?

 

I was about to fish my phone in my pocket and dial his digits until a hand harshly tapped my shoulders.

Panting hard with heavy breathing, I assumed that Jiyong must have probably ran his life to meet me here. I smiled at him as I wiped the bead of sweat that rolled over at his sideburn.

"What took you so long?" I asked him. "Ahh I helped my bestfriend Donghae in escaping from his mom." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck as he uttered out his explanations.

"Escape?"

"Yes. He was supposed to come with me because he wanted to see you but we met his mom on our way here and his mom was ordering errands from him." I flushed at the thought of his bestfriend wanting to meet me. Well it's kinda foreign to me of having someone who would want to meet me since I am nothing but a plain looking girl. Nothing special and interesting to possess.

 

"Oh. We could meet some other time." I told him happily with my eyes fixed on his funny face. He just created a sour expression in return and I confusingly stared back at him.

 

"Anyway, I'm going to stuff myself like a hippo later. Be careful with your wallet okay? DA-RA-BBIT." He flashed a wicked grin as he slung an arm over my shoulders. I pouted at the fact that I'm going to empty my wallet sooner or later. He then dragged me somewhere which I assume is that we're heading to the nearby market where the best Korean fish cakes are sold. We looked like a contrasting duo since he's happily marching while I was frowning nonstop.

 

If only I was able to beat him in our 'who finished the ramen first' battle three days ago, I could've eaten free fish cakes by now. It looks like it goes to the other way around instead, much to my dislike.

 

Goodbye weekend allowance.