Her Brother's Bestfriend

The Stars in the Sky

Dara's POV

"Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Fifteen minutes from now and we're doomed!" I roared in dismay as I shot a deadly look at the figure of a nonchalant Kwon Jiyong. I was already at the peak of my anxiety but there he is, standing with all his glory like there was nothing to worry about.

"Calm your hormones Darabbit. What's to worry about anyway?" He casually said, his voice as well as his expression were totally unconcerned.

"Actually there are too many to worry about Mr. Kwon! Now get on your feet so we could start our dry run!" I bawled like a wild tiger since my patience was terribly running thin. How on earth could he just keep calm amidst this academic pressure we're facing right now?

"I'm already standing Ms. Park. No need for you to wrinkle your skin just to get me up with my feet," He said in complete sarcasm at the same time flashing me a dispassionate look. I rolled my eyes at him in return. His nonchalance was seriously driving me insane.

 If only Bom picked me as her partner, then I wouldn't have to suffer being partners with this lazy named Kwon Jiyong. Actually, what made me so anxious right now was the fact that we have to perform a seven minute dialogue in front everyone in our speech class fourteen minutes from now. And to tell you what, we were given a week to practice and memorize our lines.

But what did we do the entire week? Simple; we wasted it. But I actually tried to convince Jiyong the past few days to practice but as usual, we always ended up fooling around.

And now we are left with no other option but to maximize these remaining minutes.

Anyway, I blame that Siwon guy for asking Bom to be his partner. Bom could've been my partner but she immediately changed her mind after this hot and jaw-dropping creature which I assume have irresistible 8 pack abs sweetly asked her if it's okay to be his partner. Bom was never hesitant to say a big yes and left me alone, dumbfounded. And that basically explains to why I ended up with Kwon Jiyong. That stupid Siwon.

My outrage doesn't seem to bother Jiyong since he just remained standing there without even moving an inch. Like what the actual fudge? He still has the heart to waste time?

I yanked his arms in exasperation as I dragged him to a secluded area besides the dusty stairwell. He stubbornly let himself get dragged behind me but I pulled his wrist harder so we won't have to waste time. We really need to at least think of something to say in front of everyone just to save our helpless self from embarassment.

As of now, I no longer care about getting an F for our poor presentation. Having something to present is enough or else I would have to suffer the rest of my college life in extreme humiliation.

"Let's just do the Julius Caesar play. I will be Caesar so you have to stab me from behind, okay?" He said with his untamed coolness. He crossed his arms as he leaned his back against the rough wall.

I looked at him in dismay.

Is he friggin' insane? He wants me to play as Brutus? Oh My God. Can you even picture out how ridiculously awkward we'll look like? I'll just stab him and that's all? Geez, I would just brace myself for some flying tomatoes aimed at us if that's the case.

I literally facepalmed. Seriously, it feels like we're digging our own graves. And our speech teacher is one heck of a cold darn , just so you know. She's a sadistic perfectionist that's why it would be a lie if I say that she will not spat out some dangerous and harsh words at us later on. Probably she will and hopefully not.

I glanced at my 5 year old wrist watch and alas! We just wasted five minutes. Ten more minutes to go and we're doomed. I wasn't joking.

"We'll just have to do it impromptu. Trust me, we can do it." There he goes again. He and his words of wisdom were pretty hard to decipher.

I closed my eyes in frustration as I pursed my lips together, making it appear like a straight line. I clenched my fist and I started to do my anger management ritual; inhale and exhale. Hail holy queen and to all the saints in heaven, please help me to calm down so I would not have to punch this man.

"Well I guess that's fine with you so hakuna matata Darabbit. You know you looked five times uglier with your brows creased together." He composedly said as if he just uttered the best things in the world. There was an eerie silence before my nostrils started to flare and my eyes were flashing and closing into dangerous slits.

He didn't only ignore all my whinings about our presentation, but he called me ugly as well? UNBELIEVABLE.

The next thing I knew was that I stomped his feet. Stronger than you thought. And he was jumping up and down with a sharp cry that came out of his throat. He carefully held his right foot and trust me, his face was priceless. His expression wrinkled in pain and he shot me a raging look in return.

"Yah! What was that for?!" He cried. "For you," I replied in fair sarcasm as I nonchalantly flipped my hair backwards. It's his fault anyway.

"Aish! What do you want me to do huh? To memorize my lines like a retard? Heck no!" He whined in protest. Trust me, Kwon Jiyong is the hardest animal to handle. He have his own dangerous and not-so-good ways.

"Fine then! Let's do impromptu presentation. Don't you ever dare do something stupid later or else I will kick your balls!" I said in defeat knowing that there's no way Jiyong will stop in this case. I could see how his face lift up into a smile. Smile my Kwon Jiyong. "And I am not joking." I flatly added making him shut his mouth.

 

 Minutes later, the sound of the bell ringing echoed all over the school. I stopped for awhile and tilted my head to meet Jiyong's gaze which were already fixed at me. His dark chocolate orbs were very tantalizing and as I stared at it, I could read what he's trying to tell me right now. Those luscious orbs were just simply trying to tell me 'good luck' to our unplanned presentation.

Before I got myself lost in his deep stares, he pulled me out to consciousness and held my wrist firmly. He snatched me right away and the next thing I knew is we're running.

"You don't want to be late right?" He whispered and I nodded in agreement. We were running and running and I just realized that the ampitheater was located at the 5th floor. We're still on the 3rd floor, mark that. And the elevators were under renovation, so yeah we're going to be late.

Finally we reached at the 5th level and I was seriously panting hard. My heart was terribly beating fast and it's so hard to catch my breath. It feels like I was a fish taken out from the ocean.

But anyway, this sounds more better than allowing myself to climb at Jiyong's back.

That awkward moment when we're almost there but Jiyong accidentally bumped into someone along the blind corner and his bum fell straight to the hard concrete. I stared at his poor sitting figure for awhile, trying to process in whether I should help him stand up or laugh at him instead.

The latter seems to overpower though since I am currently facing the struggle of hiding my boisterous laughter. Jiyong shot me a very unwell glare and I could see how much offended he was to see me pursing my lips together to stop myself from laughing instead of lending him a helping hand.

"I'm so sorry!" I tilted my head out of curiosity to see who's talking and it was Jiyong's offender. I couldn't see his face clearly since he bowed in front of Jiyong in a 90 degree angle.

Jiyong on the other hand gathered his legs altogether in order for him to stand up. I offered him my hand and eventually he grabbed it, and there he stood up. He patted the dust that was clinging at the back of his pants.

His normally calm and humorous demeanor changed into an irritated one. He was clearly annoyed by the fact that he fell hard on the concrete and it was embarassing. It could hurt his well-kept ego.

He heaved a breath in exasperation as he the inner walls of his cheeks. Knowing Jiyong quite well, I know he wouldn't stop scolding this poor creature bowing in front of him even if it means that we're going to be late.

But then the next thing he did surprised me.

"Donghae?" Jiyong stared with a surprised expression at his offender. In a slow motion, his offender lifted his head up and I could see how his face brightened up by the sight of Jiyong in front of him. He was surprised to see Jiyong as well and he was smiling with his slightly crooked teeth. I haven't seen someone who can pull pff a smile as genuine as that at the same time so perfectly perfect.

But as I stared at him...

He's quite familiar.

Lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub. My heart was frantically, intensely, terrifically, tremendously and extraordinarily beating hard. I clutched my chest hard. What the hell is this?

I was getting goosebumps too plus my cheeks started to burn like hell. My body seems to react in a gawky way. This feeling is too bizarre, to be honest.

And I don't know why but it seems like everything was set in a slow motion. I was in total deafness the entire time and all I could ever hear was my beating heart.

What the hell is this? Am I lucid dreaming? I'm confused.

I shook my head hard so consciousness will take over me and fortunately, it does. I opened my eyes and blinked again. Blink, blink, blink.

Wait.. am I seeing it right?

Jiyong and this guy were talking and laughing like real bestfriends? Isn't he gonna scold him for carelessly bumping into him which is the reason why he fell hard on his ?

"You're hilarious bro! Let's see each other this afternoon, okay?" Jiyong said as he slung an arm around this guy's broad shoulders. I continued to stare at them like I was watching a movie but this guy whom he called bro was fast enough to catch me staring at them. I mean him.

I immediately took my eyes away from him and diverted it somewhere. I gulped. My cheeks were dreadfully heating up. Omo this is bad.

"Oh by the way bro, this is my bestfriend Sandara Park" Jiyong casually introduced me to his bromance partner. He pulled me closer and pinched my cheek.

I looked at Jiyong with a horrified expression. Did he just... INTRODUCE ME TO HIM?!

My whole body almost collapsed by what I heard. Why am I being nervous all of a sudden?

I no longer knew what I was doing. I blinked and then I rubbed my eyes and then I anxiously bit my finger nails. I even inhaled and exhaled. And oh, my entire body was heating up once again. you brain! What the actual are you doing to me?

I stared at his friend who was shamefully smiling at me, and trust me, my stomach was churning and flipping horribly. My blood were rushing there, and there, and everywhere. They were igniting the hidden flames of my physiological aspect like fireworks.

I cannot take this.

I quickly removed myself away from Jiyong's grasp and bowed at the both of them. "I-I'm sorry. I'm n-not feeling well," I badly excused myself and eventually, I left as fast as I could. I just let my feet take me to somewhere.

"Dara! Where are you going?!" I could hear Jiyong calling me out from afar. His voice was still audible even with the distance that separates us.

Sorry Jiyong but I just don't know what the hell is this. This bizarre feeling I am feeling right now. Perhaps I need to rest or call a doctor? I am sick!

 

No one's POV

 Dara was lying comfortably on the clean and medicine-scented bed of the university's infirmary. A beautiful lady in a white uniform approached her. It was the school nurse. She was bringing nothing but a glass of water.

"Why are there no medicine nurse Min Ah?" Dara asked as her eyes trailed at the empty hands of the petite nurse. The nurse smiled at Dara in return as she gently patted Dara's shoulder. "I told you already. There's nothing wrong with you. You're completely fine Dara ssi." She ed the glass filled with water to Dara. "Drink it."

Dara bitterly gulped the glass of water. After she gulped it in one shot, she wiped her wet lips using the back of her hands.

"Why nurse Min Ah? I swear I wasn't really feeling well awhile ago. My stomach's dancing and I have goosebumps too. And I was palpitating!" Dara wailed. She couldn't believe that nothing's wrong with her when in fact she was almost at her peak of sanity just awhile ago. She continued to protest at the kind nurse. She firmly believes that she is pretty unwell.

"Your temperature's fine and your blood pressure was normal. The school doctor told me that there's nothing wrong with you so he only asked me to give you this." The nurse pointed at the empty glass beside Dara. "B-But-",

"Dara ssi, I admit that I'm not a doctor but based from your symptoms, I guess that's something medicine can't cure." The nurse flatly said as she settled herself next to Dara. She's already a working nurse but she still looks so youthful like Dara, and she's undeniably pretty too.

"What do you mean?" Dara asked in curiousity. She was puzzled by the words that came out from her nurse's mouth. Well, what does she mean really? Was she referring that Dara caught a hopeless disease like cancer?

"You're in love." She immediately replied at Dara's curious words. With gleeful eyes, she clasp her eyes together and kept on flashing some dreamy smiles. "W-WHAT?!" Dara frantically shrieked. She's in love? What the hell? She could hardly believe by that love at first sight concept.  She even laughed at his frenemy Jiyong for believing such crap! That's impossible.

"You're joking." Dara stared at this giddy nurse beside her with provocative eyes. How could she even crack a joke when it's serious business that they're trying to settle here. Dara's health was on the line yet she was talking about this love bull.

"Sorry but I ain't joking Dara ssi. I'm pretty sure that you met someone awhile ago that's why you're feeling weird right now. Trust me, you're not sick. That's just a love syndrome." She said as she gently braided Dara's hair. Well, she sounds like a pathetic love guru and Dara was just blinking her eyes like an idiot the entire time. She couldn't believe that those words came out from the mouth of a professional nurse. This isn't april fools right?

"Shin Min Ah! Do you know where are the antihestamines?" The doctor loudly said from his quarter. The nurse immediately sprang out from the bed and made a frowning expression. Dara laughed at her cute reaction. 

"Yah! Dara ssi, you may go now. You're not sick." She stuck her tongue out at Dara and went away. That was kinda immature. But Dara just couldn't stop laughing as the image of nurse Min Ah's dreamy face suddenly changed into a frowning one when the doctor called for her attention. That was priceless.

Dara gathered her things and then she leave.

 

While she was walking on her way home, she looked up the sky. It was heavenly blue and the cotton clouds were spreading like feathers. Some birds were happily soaring up above with their flapping wings while other birds were just chirping a happy song on their respective nests.

Familiar faces and worn out places, these were the few things that Dara wouldn't get tired of even if it means that she'll have to suffer walking here everyday.

Same old neighborhood and same old dogs that would love to bark at her even though she didn't looked like a criminal, she would die to walk here every single day of her life. She would rather walk in sprained foot than ride a car.This is a part of her, some of the few things that she became so attached with.

The sight of their wooden gate made her leap in happiness. She's finally home and she's early this time. Most of the time, she went home late and she couldn't witness how lovely their place is because all she could see by the evening was the flickering light from the wornout lamp post.

She noticed a very unfamiliar red bike parked in front of their fence. Since when did her thrifty mother decided to finally buy a bike after 48 years?

Confused, she went inside and closed the gate using her foot like what she usually did. As soon as she stepped foot on their porch, she noticed two pair of shoes. Her mother's very thrifty and grumpy but why on earth did she bought a bike and an extra pair of shoes for her brother Cheondong? Was this a dream or a miracle has finally happened? She made a confused expression as she pulled off her shoes and placed it on the shoe rack.

This is strange.

Her mom's shoes were nowhere to be seen and the voices inside their house was very loud. She could even hear the hoarse and deep voice of an adolescent bouncing off the walls.

Before weird thoughts could spread all over her mind like wildfire, she immediately barged in the door. Once she shoved herself inside, she blinked in surprise to see her brother munching a peeled orange. But what caught her attention was her brother's hair. He dyed it into blonde.

Dara went near to her brother and tiptoed to reach his hair. He touched the soft locks of the golden hair and stared at him straight in the eye. "Why did you dye it?!" She horrifically asked Cheondong as she palmed his hair.

"I was the only one left in our class with originally black hair! This is the latest trend okay? My classmate Sehun even dyed his hair in a variety of colors like a parrot! You're still the same old fashioned noona." He yanked his sister's hand away and pinched his sister's chubby cheeks. Dara gently patted the area that Cheondong pinched to ease the pain and made a disgusted face. "You don't have to do that you little rascal!" She whined like a kid, "You sounded like grandma!" He teased before bursting out into a series of a mocking laughter.

Dara just rolled her eyes at her pathetic little brother. She was about to head at her room upstairs and curse her evil sibling on her diary but someone caught her attention.

She keenly glanced at the red head boy who was standing behind Cheondong. She finds his hair very catchy since it was her favorite color, red. And it was kinda obvious that he just freshly dyed his hair because it looks so vibrant. He doesn't have any freckles on his face because he's not a ginger, just so you know.

He looks so perfect standing there in a school uniform and a huge pair of glasses. His huge ears were sticking out like an alpaca and his big round eyes were very adorable.

She looked at him from head to foot and oh my, he's such a cutie. And he didn't seem harmful either.

"Who's he?" She asked his brother with an eyebrow raised and her poker face on at the same time eyeing that harmless stranger from behind. Oblivious to her brother, she was already fighting the urge to pinch the cheeks of that cutie behind him. Dara has this weird habit of calling guys with huge eyes cute.

"O-oh! Noona, meet my bestfriend." Cheondong pulled his innocent friend from the back and let him take a bow in front of her noona.

"Introduce yourself," Cheondong whispered and his red head friend just nodded nervously. He suddenly felt his cheeks lit up in a fiery shade as his eyes accidentally landed on his bestfriend's sister. Good heavens, she's simple yet undeniably beautiful. 

 

"I-I am C-chanyeol. Nice to meet you, noona."

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys! I included yeol in the story. Teehee~ Hello to all ChanDara stans! I'm one of you guys. I ship ChanDara too nyahaha. To all DaraHae shippers, don't worry guys. More love and more DaraHae moments to come mwa mwa ♥ xoxo