The Wicked Princess

The Stars in the Sky

The blinding sunlight was filtered by the purple curtains, creating some faint lights inside the four walls. It's a sign that the sun has already rose up and of course, it's a wonderful morning. The pink walls were vibrantly blooming because of the warm day light that streaked all over the eastern side of the earth. The glow-in-the-dark ornaments were no longer glowing, making it look so neutral.

A living figure that heavenly resided on the bed moaned in discontent as soon as the bright spring sunlight tapped all over her face. She pulled the duvet over her head to keep it out but, sudden realization hit her that she should fully keep herself awake because it's a brand new day.

She lazily sprang out from the bed. Her naturally tousled hair fell in grace beneath her shoulders as she rose up. Her loose sleeveless tee raised up a little, showing her firm luscious abs that she's been hardly working on. She's gorgeously y. She was like a morning vixen who has the will power to sinfully seduce men just by a sight of her morning face down to her slinky body. Hot, seductive, alluring, sultry, desirable; name all possible adjectives. She's indeed capable of winning the label of the hottest girl in campus.

In graceful steps, she brought herself standing in front of the window. She carefully pulled the curtains to the side, welcoming the day light in.

Like a princess she really is, she dramatically opened the window and popped a portion of her head outside. The sweet chirping birds greeted her as well as the lovely scenery of their rich neighborhood.

A loud knock on her door disturbed her in her blissful daydream. She contorted her face in an annoyed manner as she shot a look at the door. It went silent for a while but eventually the knocking resumes. Irritated, she angrily yelled. "Try to knock once more and you'll be fired!"

There was a meek silence and soon after, her lips curled upwards in victory. Her threatening and intimidating aura would make any living being curl its own self in horror. People around her are usually left with no other option but to obey her and her stupid commands.

Just as she thought that she was successful in shutting that anonymous person at the other side of the door, she was definitely wrong the moment she heard a series of loud knocks once again. Her anger has almost reached its boiling point and trust me, this ice princess is absolutely the least person you would wish to get angry.

Cursing to infinity like the door is the most sinful thing that has ever existed, she began to dangerously took a step closer to the door.  She pursed her lips in a thin line as she continued to drill holes on the poor door through her deadly glares.

The loud knocks on the door has terribly angered her. Terribly. Well who wouldn't be? It's still early morning for the love of God yet someone has the urge to disturb her? Unforgivable.

She heaved a huge sigh as she held the door knob, actioning to open it. She was about to open it and fire the misfortunate servant who she assumes that it's the suspect behind this knock-on-your-door-for-fun scheme, but before that could happen, a familiar voice caught her attention. 

"YAH! Jessica! Aren't you gonna open this goddamn door?!"

Her eyes gaped open after hearing the voice she least expected to visit her early in the morning.

"Tifanny is that you?" She asked, making it sure if it's really her bestfriend or is it just a lame prank pulled out by anyone in the house because she could still hardly believe how in the world would Tiffany visit her this early. It's unearthly.

"Duh Jessica! It's me. Now are you going to open this dumb door or I'll kick this open?!"

Maybe she was just too tired to argue with someone as stubborn-headed as her bestfriend Tiffany, she chose not to respond to her exaggerated exclaims and instead, twisted the door knob and opened it.

Standing in front of her was a pretty lass with long loose curls, wearing a tank top and a ripped skinny jeans. Her eyes immediately turned into crescents after she finally saw Jessica who's taking forever to open the door.

"What are you doing here?" Jessica shot her a question as if she's a criminal caught red-handed.

"To see you?"

"See me?" she huffed in disbelief before she continued,  "Spill it, Tiff. I know you're here for something. Stop faking it."

"Okay okay." Tiffany raised both her arms guiltlessly as she slowly tramped to her bestfriend's royal bed. She comfortably settled herself in the soft bed with unfolded blankets underneath her. Jessica flops herself beside Tiffany and glared at her again.

"Now what?"

"I know you've been crying the entire night. Explain to me why." Tiffany directly-to-the-point said and Jessica seems uneasy by the sudden question. It's a now or never question and she knew very well that this is a form of a predicament that she's bound to admit.

Tiffany stared at her bestfriend straight in the eye, and that's the very moment that Jessica admits that she's doomed since her all night crying saga was evident in her eyes. Her eyelids were puffy than usual, and even if she still looks beautiful, everyone else could see how drained  and stressed out her face is. Tiffany would be so stupid if she couldn't realize that something's wrong with her own bestfriend but fortunately, she could see and feel that something isn't right.

"I wasn't crying Tiff. Stop acting like you know everything about me." Jessica snorted. She could still afford to lie even if the truthful evidence were visibly seen all over her. Even in this hopeless situation, she's still trying. Trying to hide her weakness and flaws. She's in fact a girl who wouldn't give up even in times of adversity. Even if doing something would make her a bad person, she still wouldn't give up on trying to get the things she wish to have. Why? Because she's Jessica.

"Stop lying Jess. I know you definitely hate the idea of me knowing this crying thing of yours but don't worry, I'll forget everything that you'll say after this. Just tell me what happened." Tiffany sincerely said as she placed a hand over her friend's shoulder.

Jessica secretly curled her fist. She's not mad at Tiffany nor at the idea of Tiffany finding out her little secret, she's just mad at herself for no reason. Like she could hardly understand herself for getting so pissed off by her own self. Plus the recollection of yesterday's bitter memory angered her more.

"Tell me, Jessica. I deserve to know a piece of information about what's going on."

"I broke up with him." Jessica whispered, and obviously Tiffany has no idea what her psychopath bestfriend is saying since her words were very inaudible for her to hear.

"What? I couldn't hear you."

"I said...",

"...we broke up." Jessica uttered in total sorrow. She still couldn't accept the fact that there's only a slim probability that Donghae would came back to her because she could see how Donghae's puppy eyes pleaded her to break up with him.

"Wait, WHAT?! When? Why? What happened?" Tiffany endlessly threw predictable questions to her poor bff. Well, who could blame her when the news she heard is very much surprising and shocking. The Donghae that her bff is dying for and the Jessica that all the machos in Korea is fanning of is breaking up? Wait, WHAT? Something's not right here. Why the hell did they even broke up? She just couldn't came up of a hypothesis between Jessica and Donghae's break up. Bottomline is, she's clueless because the news is too sudden for her to believe/accept.

"It's not really a break up. It's more like a truce. We're off for a short time but eventually we'll be back together again." Jessica firmly stated like she could guarantee that her words were correct but still, hints of anxiety could still be seen on her face. Tiffany raised an eyebrow, worrying over her bestfriend's opinion. What if Donghae won't come back to her? What if in the end, it's not really them who's meant for each other?

"Why are you making this whole truce thing anyway? What's your point?"

"It's a mutual decision, Tiff." Jessica replied nonchalantly. She purposely diverted her gaze somewhere so she could avoid Tiffany's intimidating glares.

"Mutual decision huh? For the first time in forever Jess, I doubtly believe your words. Then what are your reasons anyway?" With eyes filled with pure suspicion and curiousity, Tiffany stared at her hopeless bestfriend eagerly. If looks could kill...

"I just want to give him some time, okay? It's not like it could harm the both of us." Jessica rolled her eyes, trying to persuade her bestfriend to buy her so called 'reason'.

"You're a great pretender Jessica. You're considered as drama queen for a reason but I'm terribly sorry, I know you're lying." Tiffany said before she smirked at her bestfriend. Jessica on the other hand, frustratingly sighed due to how stubborn her bestfriend is. Guess she'll just have to reveal the plain truth to her curious bestfriend or else she'll have to handle this giant baby for the rest of the day.

"It's because things aren't working between us, Tiff. This whole relationship isn't working. No matter how much I tried to dazzle him off by my charms but it seems like he was so unaffected by my presence. He's starting to let himself slip off from my grasp and I know.. I know that he no longer wants me." Jessica stated in agony. Her voice slightly cracked at the last line.

"Why can you say so?"

"Aren't you already convinced by the fact that I am in a desperate need to tag you along to my whereabouts because I don't have my boyfriend with me? It's been more than a week since we last dated and the last time I remember, he looks pretty bored." Tiffany was surprised by her bestfriend's words.

Well, she's aware that Donghae's absence means a lot to her bestfriend most specially that Jessica's that kind of girl who hates to be dejected. But what really shocked her was the fact that Donghae got bored. How on earth could Donghae got bored with Jessica? That must be the most illegitimate joke ever invented in the history of this planet.

"Still. Maybe he has his reasons. Don't assume unless he told you so, Jess. And just so you know, I often caught him smiling by himself. I don't intend to tell you that he's a neurotic or something but obviously he must've been daydreaming about you lately." 

"Daydreaming? Stop playing jokes with me, Tiff!"

"I ain't playing a fool you crappy headed woman! I really caught him not just once, but a couple of times, smiling just by himself. Isn't it obvious? He must've been fantasizing about you lately. There's no way you could contradict to my assumptions now that I have stated everything to you." Tiff breathlessly explained as if her hypothesis would make sense. But judging from Jessica's look, she doesn't seem to buy it.

"You know what, you need to visit a psychologist and ask for professional help. Your level of dumbness is beyond reasonable doubt. Seriously." Jessica stated like it's a matter of fact as she flashed an 'Are you kidding me' look.

"But it's an empirical observation!" Tiffany cried, begging for her bestfriend to accept her dumb hypothesis. But Jessica still remained stoic and poker-faced as ever.

There was a moment of silence when Tiffany chose to just shut up and Jessica stared blankly into space. But Jessica broke the icy silence when she began to speak..

"Do you really think that I am still the reason for Donghae's smile and happiness?"

And still, a meek silence hovered over them. Like it was some kind of a case to be solved, Tiffany creased her eyebrows together as she placed her chin on top of her linked hands. She was trying to process her bestfriend's words, trying to take a little flashback of the days that Jessica and Donghae were together in which she was able to witness, and in the next moment, it all started to make sense to her. No matter how much she would try to deny it, but the evident truth prevails - Donghae fell out of love. From Donghae's facial expressions up to the dullness in his eyes, it's obvious how much he lost all the sparks between him and Jessica. Yes, Jessica is undeniably the queen of beauty and all pretty but that doesn't always mean that she could receive the love from everyone. We could say that Donghae is factually attracted to Jessica but that's not love. Love is different from infatuation or a mere attraction. There's a fine line between them and it's not really that easy to determine.

Jessica sighed, almost exhaling all the worries within her before she sauntered in hopeless steps to the mini library across the room. She pulled a thick fictional book and began to flip its leaves.

"I take your silence as a big yes, Tiff. My instincts are right, or should we say, were always right" Jessica stated as she continually flipped the pages of the book that she just took.

"So... what do you mean Jess?" Confused, Tiffany made a dumfounded look. It seems like she has no idea what Jessica's words are supposed to mean.

"Don't you get it Tiff? Donghae's an easy man. He originally likes me but some extraneous living forces hinders our relationship from growing into something better. Haven't I told you that my intuition is always right? Perhaps, my null hypothesis is accepted." Jessica stopped flipping the pages and gave Tiffany her signature icy look. The room's intimadting aura is so strong that it radiates everywhere, making the puzzled Tiffany curl into her consciousness.

"Jessica, wait what? So are you telling me that some freaky stole your boyfriend from you? Oh c'mon girl! That's awful but you have no evidence."

"Evidence?" Jessica raised a brow making Tiffany nod.

"How 'bout this?" She peeled a number of photographs that she carefully tucked in between the pages of the book then lift it in the air, drawing Tiffany's attention.

"What are those?" Tiffany oddly asked an obvious question but damn bro I don't blame her and her unsettled logic. Well, everyone's aware that Tiffany is a dumb version of Jessica.

"See it for yourself."

Jessica tossed the photographs in the air, leaving it scattered on the ground. She folded her arms as she paced back and forth in the room. She quite seems unstable by her current love dilemma because that  wouldn't stop her from getting anxious and more anxious every damn second. Tiffany on the other hand hastily bent over to pick up the scattered photographs.

"This is Donghae with a girl and this girl isn't you! OH MY FREAKING GOD WHAT IS THIS?!" Tiffany shrieked as she stared at the photographs. One does not simply shriek upon a photograph but Tiffany does.

"That's the evidence that you demanded awhile ago. Now, if you will just continue to shriek out there, I can open the door for you. Bye." Jessica began to tramp all her way to the door but before she does, Tiffany was swift enough to grab her wrist.

"Who. Is. This. ."

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. She's a blind item you silly." Jessica said as she snatched the photographs away from her bestfriend.

"Do you have a pen Tiff?"

Tiffany started to search for a pen in her bag and as soon as she did, she lend it to Jessica.

"What are you going to do with that?" This day must've been a quizzical day to Tiffany. There wasn't a single moment that she wasn't clueless or puzzled. It must be so hard for her not to get curious at everything.

Jessica took the pen away from her grasp.

"I'm going to do what I have to do it, Tiff."

She unexpectedly stabbed Dara's face in the photograph.

"I'm going to make her life miserable, little kitten."

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, two creatures were lurking at the grade school playground. The sun was scorching hot but nonetheless, none of them even care.

"Yah! I've been up here for quite a longer while Donghae-ah. Put me down you imbecile!" Dara whined. The golden sunlight hit her straight to the face. Her cheeks were burning red like ripe apples and beads of her crystal sweat rolled from her forehead. She took a strong grip on the seesaw's handle as she once more tried to hump on her seat, clearly with an attempt of making herself heavy so she could go down. However, she remained elevated because obviously, Donghae weighs a times more than she do. And this little heavy boy remains rooted on his seat, playing innocent because he just love to see a wonderful view of a whining Dara.

"I didn't do anything!" Donghae cried like he was in a sort of a painful misery. But no matter how much he tried, his acting just practically .

"Oh c'mon Donghae! Quit your obvious acting you sick psycho! Stop being such a sadistic jerk! Can't you see it's so hot up here?!" Dara rolled her eyes at the in front of her who is basically the cause of her temporary pain. She struggled at the decision of whether she should kill Donghae or she should, yes, kill Donghae.

"You seem to be so serious with your thoughts huh. What are you thinking milady?" Donghae mockingly asked as he tried to mask the menacing truth of his words. It's hard for him to deny that a raging Dara is too cute for him to handle.

"I am seriously thinking of ways to kill you and as of now, I have made at least fifty." Dara stuck her tongue out and raised an eyebrow at the idiot Donghae.

"You're a one feisty woman! So what's your plan A?" Donghae once again teased the raging woman in front of her who is obviously running out of temper. He leaned forward, adding some weight to his handles and thereby, lifting Dara a little bit higher. Dara's face contorted in a mad manner. Her eyes are flashing into slits while her nostrils were blazing with anger.

"Plan A? Oh pretty boy! It was barely so simple. I will just let the dogs in our entire neighborhood devour you to pieces. How do you find that?" Dara sarcastically flashed a grin but soon faded after Donghae laughed at her words. She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. Donghae is a terribly sick psychopath and she instantly wonders how on earth did she ever befriend him.

"It was amazing! How bout Plan B?"

"I am going to handcuff you in a tree in a remote forest. But oops... I am not yet done. The catch is, I'm going to contact all of my gay friends and ask them to gang you because you know what, they've been ually deprived for quite awhile. And, oh! That Kwanghee? He has hots for you. He's been having this wet dreams for you for quite a longer while already and I'm giving him a chance to fulfill his dreams. Oh boy that would be a rough night for you." Dara smilled herself in a blinding victory. She didn't expect to speak such a lengthy comeback all by herself, without any pause or breaks. It seems like it was literally the first time she felt so proud of herself.

Donghae was amused by her. Well, there is not a single time that he is not amazed by this woman. She may sound weak and a little stupid but Dara will always be Dara. A strong woman who has this charm of enchanting men without even the effort of trying. A woman who could basically captivate men even if she may sound or look so horribly pathetic.

"Speechless? Oh c'mon Lee Donghae! I know I can beat you! You're such a ! Don't left me hanging you animal. Aren't you gonna say something for yourself, huh?! Say something!"

"You're insanely beautiful."

"I'm insanely beau- what?!" Dara blinked her eyes a couple of times, thinking whether she's hearing it right or not. But why on earth would Donghae spit those flattering words out when it's obviously so out of the topic?

"I said you're beautiful." Donghae calmly said as he flashed his most breath-takingly beautiful smile at his apple of the eye. His sudden confidence of spilling out a compliment leaves Dara flabbergasted but in the next moment, consciousness took over him and his face immediately flushed in a strong tint of red. His heart fluttered like a thousand wings and this is what scares him most - that he has already fallen in this strange thing called love with Dara in just a span of a numbered days. He seems unaffected by his recent not-so-official break up with Jessica because Dara was with him all along. Because he's with the girl who happens to be the Dara that he secretly befriends and eventually has fallen in love with.

 

"Who's beautiful?" A not so familiar voice spoke which made the both of them twist their heads and see where is it coming.

"Jiyong?" The both of them chorused.

"Am I missing something here?" Jiyong asked with a raised tone. His eyes darted at his two friends whom he least expected of seeing together. But mostly, he's glaring at his bestfriend Donghae. Well, nobody could blame him. Suspicion is greatly evident in his raging eyes.

Donghae carefully stood up so as not to let Dara fall hard to the ground. He approached Jiyong, held him in his arm and whispered, "I could explain."

"What is there to explain bro?" Jiyong asked, his face is still on.

"There's a lot. Now, if you mind, I can tell you everything." Donghae hopelessly said. He doesn't want to risk his friendship with both parties. However that's not the main reason because most of all, he simply doesn't want to include Dara in this mess. He just broke up with Jessica and you can't stop people from judging. And by judging, even if Jiyong is his bestfriend, he still can't afford to hear some nasty things that he might say about Dara. Dara's a fine woman and one must not simply judge her.

"Not now bro." Jiyong said showing no emotions. He passed by Donghae and walked his way towards Dara.

Dara felt the tension but before she could even do something to stop them, Jiyong has already walked near her direction and Donghae longingly stared at her in a distance.

"How are you Darabbit? I didn't expect to see you here with my bestfriend." Jiyong cheerfully called her attention. It's awkwardly weird to witness Jiyong in such an intimidating aura awhile ago but in the next moment, he seems happy and harmless.

"I didn't expect to see you here either" Dara smiled but eventually faltered when she could no longer see Donghae from behind. She didn't know what's with her but she feels very upset after Donghae just freely left her with Jiyong.

"Looking for Donghae?" Jiyong snapped Dara into reality from her emotional fantasies. But before Dara could respond, Jiyong is fast enough to add something not pleasant to her ears.

"Oh he needs to go. You know, Donghae can't simply escape his boyfriend duties. Jessica needs him."

The ugly truth that surface by Jiyong's words were enough to keep her awake in a dreadful reality. There was an awkward silence but it no longer became awkward because what Dara could only hear is the sobbing of her subconscious.

And for the first time in forever, Dara felt something unpleasant piercing through her heart. It was painful that she could punch a doctor for not giving her a pain reliever. It was probably the first time she felt so sad, disappointed and brokenhearted at the same time. It seems like she's grieving over what once was, what is no longer, and what can not be. She unconsciously felt nauseous and the next thing she knew, something wet rolled on her cheek.

And then she began to realize, she's crying over a guy who doesn't even belong to her.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I was on hiatus for a very looooooong time guys! So how are you people? I missed you guys, big time! I'm fine and yeah I was so busy the entire semester. It was literally hell. Paper works here, powerpoints there and research papers everywhere. It was really stressful that I already got used in depriving myself from sleep this past few months. And since it was already sembreak so yeah, I made this not so awesome chapter. Bear with me. I kinda lose my writing skills because of too much stress huhu. Third year college is no joke. So anyway, what can you say about this chapter? :)

Btw guys, my Darahae feels are booming like chinese fireworks after Dara's instagram update with Donghae like oh my freakin' God can you feel what I am feeling?! Though I quite felt sad with Jiyong's dating scandal with Kiko because I also wished that he would end up with Dara :3 (lol I'm kinda bipolar sorry not sorry). And yes, I was also upset with Jessica being kicked out of SNSD and that lawsuit thing with Luhan. You can cry with me people 3

It would take forever for me to keep spilling my opinions out so to cut the long story short, thank you guys for subscribing! Thanks for reading this and stay tuned :)*

- xoxo <3