The New Guy

The Stars in the Sky

Dara's POV

 

Today's definitely the most hated day of the week.

Why?

Because it's Monday.

After an inadequate fun of a glorious weekend, here comes this ty Monday. If you really think about it, it's such a miserable pain in the . Is anyone ever happy on a Monday? I don't think so. Every human being could possibly relate how dreaded it feels like after spending a whole night of a weekend with anything you wanna do but obliged to wake up the next morning because of, you know, school.

Monday is way way way more worse than my dancing skills. If you would ask me why I terribly detested Mondays, it will prolly take me more than two days to enumerate all of its basic reasons. Thus, I find it kinda obligatory to tell you two of my major reasons of hating Mondays. First of all, the weekend is over and another bloody cycle of school has begun yet again. I would have to wait for another five stressful days before I can even think of freedom. It's like an apocalyptic passover tsk. And second, History class falls on Monday morning so practically, I hate it. See? There are enough reasons for me to rant about this day.

You might be wondering what the heck I was doing the entire weekend and trust me, it was really unproductive and not worth sharing. But nonetheless, it was fine for me though I couldn't assure you that I was in fact fine as in fine. Well, I am an introvert slash the most boring person you could ever meet so that's why. Lock me up in a barn for months and I would definitely just shut my mouth as long as there's wifi, food and electricity. 

I actually fell asleep a little bit late last night. Oh scratch that, it was actually late, perhaps it was already past midnight. And my short peaceful slumber was unfortunately disturbed by the shameless scream of my alarm clock, which is probably the reason why I have these fifty shades of dark circles under my eyes. I had that sudden urge to close my eyes once again and drift back to dreamland but it's really a sad thing to have a brother who violently slams my door at 6:00 am in the morning on a daily basis. Slamming my door at the same time yelling his lungs out behind my ear is such a terrible happening you could ever experience in your life. And this Cheondong kid doesn't have the heart to stop his early morning horrible ritual and hopefully, he will.

 

I diverted back my attention to our professor who happens to be discussing something important, but I guess I am too sleepy to process whatever she's saying. I was staring at her for a moment and little by little, my eyes began to grow heavy  until everything in front of me started to fade.

I don't know what exactly happened but the next thing I knew was that I surprisingly caught my own self holding someone's hand. With fingers intertwined, I stared at it for a moment, frantically amazed by the familiar warmth of the hand and eventually my eyes trailed from our hands to the owner's face. Long dainty noise, well-defined jawline and charming asian eyes; I stared in awe for a longer while. This man is perfection! His side profile alone is enough to burst a thousand ovaries.

However, there weren't any traces of memory I could recall prior to this weird phemomenon. A handsome guy is romantically holding my hand in a one fine sunny day? This is insane. I was attending a boring class awhile ago and how on eart did I end up here? And here's another thing... WHY? Why would he want to hold my hand when it's such a horrible thing to do?

Confused, I stared back at this uberly handsome man beside me but this time, he was already staring back at me.

I swallowed an ounce of my saliva.

I looked beneath his thick lashes, and was amazed to meet his pretty brown eyes. And then it suddenly hit me...

Lee Donghae was smiling back at me.

"What are we doing here?" I directly asked which earned a little laugh from him.

"Don't you know it?" He said, still not letting my hand go and instead, pulled my other hand and held them both.

"Know what?"

"Don't tell me you forget about this...again? Aish Dara-ahjumma," Donghae let out a soft chuckle before he continued, "I asked you out yesterday evening. It even took me hours for you to say a big 'yes' to me." He once again laughed at the memory. Something funnny must've happened yesterday evening and I seriously have no chunk of idea on what the heck it is. Judging by the tone of his voice, I bet it really is somethig that I forgot to take note. But I did say 'yes'? How on earth can't I recall such thing? 

"Uhmm sorry to interrupt this momentum but can you please spill out what have we agreed on last evening? I must've bumped my head real hard this morning. I can't seem to recall anything. Seriously." I told him as I scratched my nape. My head hurts after I tried to recall what I did yesterday from morning until I fell asleep but it seems like everything's a blur. This is definitely weird.

"Forgetful Dara will always be forgetful," he flicked my forehead as my expressions eventually formed a little 'ouch'.

"Last evening I told you I have to tell you something important."

Astounded to hear that, I asked him, "What are you going to tell me?"

"I guess I wouldn't have to wait any longer, Dara. I am going to tell you something really important right here right now so please listen carefully. And don't forget the words that I'll say." Listen carefully? Don't forget the words that he'll say? This must be something important. I was about to bombard him with questions but I decided to obey his words first. So I nodded, basically waiting for him to say something.

"I don't know how to say this but I have this weird feeling lately. You know, that butterflies in my stomach, that warm tingling physiological sensation and the goosebumps all over my skin right now. This may sound so absurd... and queer and gay. But I think I'm in love Dara."

'I think I'm in love Dara'

Those words keep on resonating in my system. One of the saddest thing that can ever happen in life is when one falls in love and the other wants nothing more than friendship. After I realized that I fell in love with Donghae days ago, this is the part that I feared most; that I'm the first one to know that he fell in love with somebody else. I'm nothing but a lame friend to him.

But before I could fake a 'congratulations' or 'I am happy for you' bulls to him, I was more than shock to hear his next words.

"And that is with... y-you. It was just now that I realize that I have long been in love with you Dara."

After he said those words, I swear everything stops for awhile. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say, but the only thing I ever did was just to remain rooted to where I was standing.

I wanna cry at the same time I suddenly felt the urge to wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. There is practically 'no' in between. Everything right now suddenly feels like a dream come true to me. All the repressed feelings were finally spoken. But why am I suddenly feeling this way unto him? Have I long been in love with him?

I blinked for a moment and the next thing I knew, I could feel his warm breath evaporating on my face. He's an inch closer to me for pete's sake! I tried to step myself back but instead, he held me forward. He once again started to close the gap between us and I hopelessly closed my eyes, expecting for the kiss to happen.

Thoughts like "Damn you Lee Donghae! Stop making a thrill when you will just end up kissing my nose" has suddenly invaded my mind. Well, yes possibly. He have done it before so why couldn't he do it now.

But what really surprised me was that...

He really did it. He really did kiss me!

On the lips. And I don't know why but I somehow unconsciously caught myself responding to his kiss. It's hard to describe how heavenly it feels like for my untouched lips to be touched by someone's lips. It feels sweet yet foreign. I gasped for air but I guess he was sneaky enough to insert his tongue to my mouth. Our tongue battled for a moment when...

 

 

"Could you stop my hand?! It's disgusting."

 

"Who the hell are you?!!" I shrieked out as I stared at the youngster's beautiful doe eyes.

 

"Your new classmate, Luhan."

 

____________________________________

"Hey you should eat that. I didn't pay bucks for you to just stare at that!" The deer-looking lad whined like an upset toddler upon seeing Dara watching only the bountiful foods in the table without even touching them. It seems like she's been staring at the foods for eternity and Luhan just simply seems to be very distressed by the fact that Dara is the first woman who doesnt seem to be very impressed nor delighted by his treat. In China, Luhan was pretty much known to be one of the elite-upperclass guy. Everybody would die just to be treated by him because aside from his money, he has the looks and the suave aura.

"Uhhh... Luhan.. are you really serious about this?" Dara hesitantly muttered as she stared from plate to plate. Anxiety was evident in her face.

"Of course! Isn't that enough? Just tell me what you want so I could buy it for you. You know, you're too thin and you're shape just that's why you should eat."

"Wow such sweet encouraging compliments from you Mr. Lu." Dara sarcastically commented as she rolled her eyes.

"If you just didn't happen to my hand, then I wouldn't be here.", Luhan said with a tone of nonchalance as he sliced the piece of steak in front of him.

"Just to tell you Mr. Lu, you don't have to feel obliged to treat me with all these expensive food just because I your hand." Dara sarcastically said. "And it should be the other way around Mr. Lu. I should be the one to feel obliged to you since I was the one who your hand. You seem to know nothing in life, aren't you?" She added as she mentally facepalmed. How could this Luhan guy be such a kid? He's handsome, charming, adorable and rich but nah, he's a kid.

"So... enjoy your lunch Mr. Lu. And nice to meet you too." Dara said as she stood up from her seat. But before she could walk away, Luhan was fast enough to grab her hand.


"Yah! Are you kidding me? You can't just leave me here!" Luhan wailed like a milk-deprived baby upon squeezing Dara's hand tightly.

"Why not?" Dara asked, staring at the poor boy's hand clinging unto hers.

"B-because I have no friends! I don't know anyone here. Well, except for you. A-and you owe me a thing for my hand! So, can I stick with you around?" Luhan pleaded. He pouted his lips as he frowned like a giant baby. Dara laughed at the sight of a pleading Luhan. She couldn't just simply shrug off the fact that Luhan is indeed cute and how could one resist such face of an adorable creature?

"You know what... f-fine! You beg like a toddler." Dara pretended to roll her eyes but she's just actually suppressing her waves of laughter.

"Really? Aigooo~ you're definitely the best! I'm new here so please take me to places! Please! Please! Please!"

 

 

 

Luhan's POV

Today was indeed tiring! Walk here, walk there and everywhere; who knows this could be ten times more tiring than doing a hundred sit-ups. This rabbit-looking little dwarf who happens to be sitting beside me seems to be just fine. She doesn't even seem to be any closer to tired after all the obstacles we went through today. Oh God this is what I get for underestimating a little woman.

"Yah! aren't you even tired?" I asked as I peeked a look at her. But still, no evidence of panting or traces of any sweat in her face. What could this woman be made of? Rocks? Stone? Kryptonite? Who knows.

"Of course not. I'm not a weakling like you~" She immediately remarked as she playfully stuck her tongue out. Did she just say I'm a weakling? How dare her call me a weakling when in fact I know how to Kungfu and soccer and play basketball. Never in my life would I let this tiny demon win! This little spawn of satan... Doesn't she even know that I'm China's mighty Luhan?

"W-what weakling are you talking about? Haha that's just like a warm up exercise to me..." Like a warm up exercise I say but it's actually dreadfully tiring. Damn this woman!

"You know what, I could say you're a good liar but your body says 'no'. Look at how sweaty and tired you are. Warm up exercise? Hah I don't think so!" And then again, I saw her tongue sticking out as well as her eyes that says 'Luhan you're a moron'.

Oh God this is... embarassing. I curse all the sweat in the world for dripping. Now, I horribly look like an example of a failed abortion. Dara made me look like one! Jesus Christ, I don't know why you even gave me the courage to go near a sleeping lady hours ago and now I have to face her wickedness for every goddamn second. Eat me up now, earth!

Aish... what comeback shall I make to let this evil granny cringe? hmm.. thinking.. thinking... think- AH! As what I've thought, an image of her french kissing my hand (or wasn't she just ?) will definitely make her cringe! Good lord.

"Oh at least I wouldn't sleep in class and someone's hand~" I back. I took a glance at her to see her reaction and I could see how her victorious smile insantly turned into a ridiculed frown. Hah that's what she get for teasing me. Her cheeks are even changing into burnt doritos! Hahaha unbelievable!

The mighty Luhan is back! *wink

She was silent for a moment. Or should I say she definitely would want to babble something verbally violent but was just too empowered by my dominating wickedness. Hah!  But as expected, this woman is obviously an epitome of pure wickedness as she punched me in the shoulder. REAL. HARD.

"Yah! What was that for?!" I shrieked in pain. I gently rubbed my pained shoulder and held her wrists tightly to stop her from throwing another series of psychopathic punches. Wait, is psychopathic even a word?

"For teasing me." With blank face, she uttered those words like she haven't done something so harmful. Aish. What on earth...

"Teasing? You? Huh, how bout this." I smirked as I tried to tickle her sides. She's surprisingly ticklish so I jabbed deep into her ticklish spot and wobbled my fingers more to increase the agony of tickles. Ahhhh so this is her weakness... She wiggled and pleaded me to stop in between her desperate chuckles until we both fell down, with me on top and she's underneath, which unfortunately is not a good thing because it brings nothing but awkward silence. 

I stared at her straight in the eyes and I don't know why but it suddenly feels like some midget was knocking inside my chest. It feels... awful. The knock goes on and on and on that my entire body literally froze. Her wide brown eyes are definitely the only thing that keeps me a bit warm inside. However, the knocks are getting weird. It gets faster every millisecond and I swear, since when have I last felt this kind of blissful pain?

But before any of us could move...

 

"D-dara?!"

 

A/N: Hi guys! It's been awhile. I got so hooked up with so many series that I forgot to update. I'm sorry for that tho. But anyway, hopefully you've still remembered the last chapter because even I myself sort of forgot what's going on with the story that I'm writing haha but I've already pictured out what I'm going to write for the next chapter so stay tuned! Btw, I included Luhan in the story because I love him (tho he quits exo... i crie everytime ;A;)