First Day

The Stars in the Sky

The citrus scent of the populous hallway left this tiny girl in neutral clothing intoxicated. She happily stood there in the middle, inhaling all the fruity scent like a drugged victim. Her huge black shirt shared a bold contrast to her white pants, making her very much visible amidst the heavy spectrum of the crowd.

She seem to enjoy what she's weirdly doing but obviously she looked so horribly freaky to other people's point of view. Well, who on earth wouldn't find her freaky when literally she have been inhaling everything in the campus since a couple of minutes ago?! She's probably in her majestic state of euphoria by now. Looks could really tell. This poor little girl have received nothing but weird glances from the people around.

 

 

In the middle of her enchanted thoughts, a violent pair of arms grabbed her hair harshly. She winced at the sudden pain as she tried to pull off those strong and sharp fingers twirling on her locks, but they're too strong that they are left helplessly tangled in her already messed-up hair.

 

"O-ouch! Let me go. What do you need?!" Dara cried as she can't fathom the increasing intensity of the pain without even caring to take a glance at the devious person who have caused this misery.

 

"How could you calmly stand here when the Freshies' orientation have just begun several minutes ago?!" A familiar tone of voice answered her. Dara's ears immediately flinched by the exclamatory voice of the speaker. 

"Eh?! How did y- Bommie?!!"

Her eyes were unusually wide and staring, while she's making some short harsh gasps. Judging by her surprised expression, it seems like she just witnessed a ghost. Dara just couldn't believe that it's her, the familiar figure standing in front of her is Bom. She unbelievably wondered how her bestfriend ended up standing in front of her right in this medical institution when in fact the last time she checked, she's going to take up a fashion related program.

"Yah pabo! Daydreaming again? Aigoo Dara~ you need to break that bad habit of yours. It's not good. We're in college already for the love of God!"  Bom violently released Dara's tortured hair as she constantly sighed in great disbelief.

"Huwaaaaa Bommie! It's you.. It's really you! Omo!"

With eyes filled with great delight, Dara didn't even have any hesitations as she quickly attacked Bom with her power hug. Bom tried to wriggle out Dara's awkward embrace but to her dismay, Dara secured her fragile arms tighter around Bom's trapped body.

"What are you doing?! Dara let me go. I warn you!" Bom hissed at her rabbit looking friend who captured her in an awkward hug.

 

"Heh you didn't even let go of my poor hair." Dara stubbornly locked her furious friend in her embrace. She just miss her bestfriend Bom as if they haven't seen each other since forever. She was just so overwhelmed by the fact that she's going to spend her college with her y bff, Bominator.

 

"J-just let me go! You're suffocating me you idiot!" Bom wailed and purposely hit Dara's fragile arms.

"Oh sorry Bommie."

As soon as Dara apologized to her breathless bestfriend, she immediately released her raging bestfriend from her tiny arms. Her sudden release caused Bom to fall straight to the cold ground.

A huge thud was heard and fortunately, no one was around to witness the embarassing fall. Bom peered down at her pastel pink skirt only to spot a huge visible dust stain scattered all over the clean fabric, turning the pink color into a slight pinkish gray.

 

Fury was drawn all over Bom's chestnut orbs, making Dara curl her fragile self in horror. She is totally aware that Bom is a very violent woman and one of the few things that she really hated is, 'having her outfit stained'.

Well, Dara's nothing but a coward freak. She is silently digging her own grave because she will have to bury herself alive first before facing Bom's horrifying outrage.

 

Bom slowly paced her way towards the shivering Dara. Preparing herself for the easy death that is nearly coming. She quite knew well that Bom is a sadistic , a woman of great violence which is quite opposite to her gentle personality. Dara instinctively closed her eyes but for few seconds.. nothing came. No slap, no pinch, no kick, nothing. Confused, Dara opened her eyes to meet Bom smiling.

 

Yes, smiling.

 

Wait.. what?! She's smiling?!

 

There was something sinister about her smile that Dara found disturbing. Bom is in fact a scary person. She can easily knock out 4 men without even breaking a sweat. Uh-ohh I'm pretty sure Bom has something dangerous hidden under her sleeve.

 

"Dara.." Bom stated her name like it's going to be her last.

 

"Yes Bommie?"

 

"YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS!"

 

 

--------------

 

"Bommie please. I'm sorry.."  

Panting hard from endless running, Dara apologized for the nth time. She was like a dehydrated puppy chased by a brutal person to God-knows-where. And to her greatest misfortune, she just got chased by Bom all around the campus. From ground floor to sixth floor without using the lift and here she is, still alive but barely breathing!

 

And then, here comes this feisty antagonist Bom. She wickedly pranced in a slow pace as she went closer to hopeless Dara, trapping her in her evil aura. Her feline eyes is a copy of Lucifer's darkness. Bom is really an epitome of wickedness.

Her skillful hands swiftly pulled Dara's hair. Dara in return cried her heart out as she begged Bom to stop it.

Dara's begging eyes stopped her evil friend from pulling it further. 

"Yah Dara! We're not yet done."  Bom slowly let go of Dara's weak hair. Conscience is probably eating her up.

 

"And oh you Dara rabbit! We're more than an hour late!" She added as she glanced at her watch.

 

"Oh."

 

"DON'T 'OH' ME YOU CARELESS IDIOT! WE'RE GOING TO ATTEND WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR YOU LIKE IT!"

 

And with that, Bom dragged poor Dara to the University's  Auditorium. Pushing the creaky gigantic doors in a swift motion, it seems like a thousand of students were astounded for awhile, drilling dreadful holes to Bom and Dara for disturbing the serious ambiance of the orientation.

In return, Dara and Bom bowed for an apology. They immediately sneaked somewhere at the back to find a comfortable seat where they can talk and forget about the whole boring lecture.

 

It was almost an hour and Bom was peacefully drifting her way to dreamland where probably she was having a corn party in her kingdom. Dara on the other hand could feel the dryness of probably due to her running saga awhile ago and of course, having no one to talk to since Bom was busy snoring her off. Her survival is prolly in jeopardy since she was thirst-deprived for quite awhile.

She carefully sneaked her way out to buy a bottle of water at the nearby cafeteria. Since there are no signs of light at the back of the auditorium, she tiptoed in tiny steps as she ed both her hands forward lookin' like a retarded zombie. Unknown to her, someone was also making his way out like a retarded zombie to also buy a bottle of water. Coincidence is indeed scary.

 

--------------------------

 

Dara's POV

 

Here I am right now sitting alone in this huge cafeteria with a bottle of water in my hand. I would have looked so cool right now if I was holding a Jack Daniel's or a martini and I was wearing something fierce and revealing, but no, I looked so damn plain with an exaggerated hint of fashion. I have already accepted the ugly truth that I will never ever be swarmed by hotties in this university.

Try to take a look at me from head to foot, I guess you wouldn't wish to argue with me or talk to me or even take another look at me. Yes, I am THAT plain and boring.

 

I was kinda fascinated by the fact that rich kids are gathered and enrolled in this awesome institution, and yeah, I was an exemption. Of couse I was an exemption. Well, I came from an average family and much more than that, a broken family.

My parents got divorced when I was in grade school and I guess they no longer have the hope to patch things up and be a normal family again. I don't want to be that bothersome daughter who would give all her heart to persuade her parents on getting back together even though I am pretty aware of the fact that I am still wishing for our family to be fixed, maybe someday. Their happiness is my happiness that's why I never opposed to whatever their decision is.

My mom is a housewife while my dad is jobless man. You might be wondering why I was enrolled to this expensive university well that's because my Aunt who's working her off in Japan have been supporting me financially all these years.

 

My fate was somehow sealed  because I wasn't the one who happily picked what I wanted in college. I am a foreclosed person in which decisions were already made ahead of me. It's as if someone is in charged of controlling my life. My parents were basically the ones who chose this university for me to attend, simply because they wanted me to meet a rich young man here and lure him by my non-existing charms so eventually he will fall in love with me and we'll get married and cha-ching, unlimited stock of money! It may sound so ridiculous and stupid but that's how my life should be.

 

The tasteless taste of water streaming down my dry throat is the best feeling ever. It feels like I've been water-deprived in Sahara since forever and poof, I suddenly saw a miraculous oasis somewhere! With few more gulps, I have emptied the bottle of water.

I was about to stand and run my life out to go back to Bom because I was aware how frustrated Bom will be once she finds out that I wasn't by her side and probably she will hysterically freak out and scared the people off in the auditorium, but then someone mysteriously appeared right in front of me and begged me to sit back.

Obediently, I sit back as I stared at HIS visual profile for more or less 5 minutes with a questioning look. Cute eyes, genuine smile, frizzy oak hair and a happy man's aura; I wonder why this cutie suddenly popped out from nowhere.

 

"Can you stop staring at me like that? It feels like I am a dreadful piece of syphilis!"  He pouted like a toddler. It was awful though. And I could sense how insulted he was as I stared at him in awe. Well, he's breath-taking, just so you know.

"O-oh sorry." I immediately apologized after he pierced me an annoyed expression.

"Yah if you're going to ask me who I am, I am Kwon Jiyong. And you are?"

"Sandara Park." I replied honestly. Well, there's nothing if I would make friends with him right? He doesn't look like someone so horrifying either so why not make him as a friend?

"Nice name kiddo. So.. what brought you here?"

"Am I the one who is supposed to ask you that?"  I inwardly sighed by his reverted opinion. Well as expected, he just laughed his off as if it's the funniest thing he has ever heard.. in his life. My eyes gaped open, totally surprised by how shallow he was. Are my words even funny? And isn't it me who's supposed to laugh?

 

"Oh that. I was actually waiting for someone but then I got bored and I saw you having your lone time here so I came. You don't seem to be a bad person because judging from your looks, you are a nice friend material. Anyway, tada let's be friends!"

Flashing his sheepish smile, this man is surely an extrovert with a little issue of sanity. But wait.. didn't he just told me flatly that he was waiting for someone? SOMEONE. OH MY GOD. He must be waiting for his girlfriend and here we are talking like bananas and I would assume that in a distance we probably looked like love birds flirting.

Holy guacamole! What if her girlfriend caught us? What if she's as aggressive as Bom? ...and that she would slap me and claw my neck like a hawk and rip my body into two and.. and.. NO! Dara, you're not a mistress. You must go. Right. Now.

 Before my paranoid thoughts could cloud all over my mind, I decided to come up with a decision.

"Sorry but I can't be your friend! I gotta go!"  Without even waiting for his approval, I dashed my way out off the cafeteria as fast as I could. My feet have somehow cooperated with me this time. Bye Kwon Jiyong. I just don't want to mess up with your lovelife. And also to your evil girlfriend.

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

What the burning hell is wrong with her? I was just trying to be friendly for the love of God! Do I really look like a misfortunate piece of syphilis?! Well yeah I do party oftentimes but that doesn't mean that I got myself offguard and caught syphilis in the middle of a hot !

Sad to say, but yes, I'm a . A frustrated . Now I was twice more frustrated for leaving such bad impression on someone or perhaps traumatizing her by this false STD thing.

And also where on this planet is Lee Donghae right now? He told me to wait for him because he was just gonna go and grab some potatoes and burgers and a bottle of water but then that didn't came back. I will surely slit his goddamn throat once I caught him wasting his time on flirting with someone.

 

"Hey bestfriend! What's with that face?" And then this douchebag finally came. How I wish to butcher him to death and then I could die later on. That would make a good book.

 

"Don't bestfriend me you !" I snapped back at him. It's basically his fault for letting me wait here in vain.

 

"Eh? What's wrong with you bro?" He asked, obviously clueless to what just happened awhile ago.

 

"Don't ask what's wrong with me when you made me wait here in vain!"

 

"Ohh chill. Something good just came up." He casually said as he flashed a dreamy smile. Perhaps something really good came up. Just by looking at him, you would know how happy he was. But I'm not. I patiently waited for him here until that misfortunate meeting with Sandara Park happened.

 

"Don't tell me you're flirting with that again?" I asked with provocative. If he says yes, I swear I will bury him alive.

 

"Jessica's not a bro. She's unlike Taeyeon." He sadly stated. I was about to ignore his romantic drama but as soon as the name of a girl was mentioned, I began to lose all of my senses. So he really was flirting with a girl named Jessica.

 

"WHAAAAT?! SO YOU REALLY ARE FLIRTING WHILE I WAS ALMOST LOSING ALL OF MY SANITY WAITING FOR YOU HERE?! GODDAMN!"

 

"Aren't you gonna ask me who Jessica is?" He sulkily pouted, completely ignoring my exaggerated shriek. What the ?

 

"Who's she? Don't keep your hopes up bro. I'm still not done with you"

I warned him. I can't be fooled by his wise antics but I am aching to know who that Jessica girl is. The last time I know was that my douchebag bestfriend Donghae was having a one night stand with a named Taeyeon and suddenly this Jessica came into the picture. We haven't talked about his lovelife for quite awhile which explains to why it seems like I don't know a thing when in fact I am a nosy jerk.

 

"I know I know. Well, I met her just awhile ago. She's a living barbie doll. I bet we took the same program." He smiled again, trying to recall his flirting memory with that chick.

 

"So she's an aspiring medical technologist just like you? Is she going to be a doctor too?" I questioned. Well, medical technology was an easy pre medical course so no wonder why my bestfriend Donghae chose this. He dreamt of becoming a doctor someday. And fate must've brought Jessica here so they could be together. Two aspiring medical technologists bound to flirt with each other while I was insanely waiting. Wow.

 

"I haven't asked her about that yet. I was just throwing some of my infamous pick-up lines to her the whole time."

 

"Oh bro you're disgusting!"

 

"Heh at least I'm not a friendzoned guy." He looked at the direction to where I was sitting and then, he unbelievably smirked at me. How dare him. He just love to mock me by saying that 'friendzoned' word. It's never my fault to have almost all the girls I tried to flirt with, would always end up telling that I'm such a great friend. ing .

 

"I prefer being friendzoned than being unfriendzoned"  I muttered under my breath, making it sure it isn't audible enough for this nosy Lee Donghae to hear.

The thought of that stupid Sandara rejecting my like-a-cool-kid style of friendship is seriously getting in my nerves. I could've accepted the fact that girls could only see me as a friend and not more than that, but Ms. Park have reached my ego's boundary through not accepting my sincere friend request.

And to my biggest disgrace, my bestfriend have pretty much heard it.

 

"Did something happen bro? Did something interesting happen huh?"  Flashing his infamous smirk, this kiddo must've been thinking he looked cool but to be honest, he's not as cool as what he thought he was. He's still that wannabe Lee Donghae who actually looked like a goldfish.

 

"Of course something interesting did happen BUT, I won't tell you."  And with that, I smirked back in return but this time I guess I looked way cooler than him.. or perhaps more like a menopausal . Okay this is it. It's payback time Lee Donghae. This is what you get for making me wait here, making me unfriendzoned by someone.

 

"Bro! Tell meeee! I'm dying to know!" He whined like a toddler who begs his mother to buy him icecream.

 

"Why would I even tell you when you're making me wait here and you came back with only a bottle of water? Where's my hashbrown and burger you idiot?!" I furiously asked as my eyes trailed at the empty hands of Donghae. This is so not acceptable.

 

"Oh that. I was so thirsty bro that I forgot everything as I gulped the water." He said shamefully stated as he rubbed the back of his head. He's simply nothing but an idiot.

"Idiot. Buy me what I asked you then I would tell you"

 

He sprinted as if it's a road-kill to who-knows-where, probably to buy my hashbrown and burger. Silly Lee Donghae. He never grew up. He's still my same old stupid bestfriend. He was like my brother that I never had. We grew up together in a village nestled at the far-end of Seoul but not until high school when my family moved to the western side. We used to fly kites at the hidden moor near the village and pretty much to my like, we attended the same school since preschool. We were once labeled as menaces by our neighbors since we always caused mayhems around the neighborhood. Well yeah, he was my partner in everything.

We may look like bullies but it's funny to say this but it's the other way around. Donghae was once a victim of bullying in grade school and most of the times, I was there to lend him my shoulder and mostly he cried his heart out thinking how much of a noob he was. I oftentimes told him to be tough and carry on. Gladly, my words of wisdom kinda worked like magic since the bullies finally came to halt their evil deeds. Well basically Donghae just threatened them with a cockroach and those bullies have pretty much gone into .

It was just in senior high when we decided to break the ice of our good boy image and be cool kids instead. We started to feel the night bliss of crashing parties, filling our souls with vodka and hooking up with few cool ladies. In the process, I learned how to hold a cigarette and puff it like a genie. Unlike me, Donghae have been so coward to smoke a piece of nicotine although he's a one of a kind drunkard buddy. At the end of the weekend, we have ripped empty pockets and wasted pale bodies. We are most likely grounded the entire weekdays. We came to school with a painful hangover and bloodshot eyes, but once Friday night came like a hurricane, our party animal persona resumes. Same cycle goes on and on until now. We met a few cool and awesome people, thereby the reason for our rising popularity.

As much as I hate to say this but yes, we're kinda mature now. And now we're in college and fate have somehow ripped us apart. We enrolled in the same institution since I can't live without him sticking by my side like a parasite (which is so cheesy, yuck!) but we took different programs. He took up Medical Technology because as ambitious as I am, he wanted to be a doctor. I, on the other hand, have taken up Psychology because it sounds cool.

 

Speaking of that devil, finally he's here. And this time, he's holding a hashbrown and a burger. Good.

---------------

 

"Oh my God man! She really thought you have STD?! Hilarious! Hahahahahhha"

And yeah that's that jerk Lee Donghae trying to laugh like a retarded seal at my ill-fated story with Sandara Park. I couldn't resist the urge to pin him down on the concrete and choke his little neck to death.

"Stop laughing you idiot. This is your fault for making me wait in this goddamn place!"

"It was just so laughable! Oh my God Kwon Jiyong you're still a unfriendzoned guy!"

"Is laughable even a word you piece of crap?!"

"Of course it is! Dumb."

"Look who's talking."

"Real talk bro. Are you going to make a move on that chic?"

"For the nth time Lee Donghae, she is NOT a chic! She's a plain, flat-chested woman and why would I even make a move? In her wildest dreams." I firmly stated. I emphasized the word NOT because she's obviously not someone you can hangout and flirt with. She's not hot, she's not that attractive but she's cute. She's an innocent one, a pure girl waiting to be tainted.

"Aren't you just acting bitter by the fact that she disgusts you?" He said seriously. Well, he has a point but I don't want to spend my entire day talking about how she rejected me like I was just a nobody.

"Heh forget her. The thought of her is haunting me. How bout playing billiards? My treat." I said. Everytime I bribe my bestfriend, there's not a single time that he refuses.

"That's my man!" And as expected, he slung an arm around me and that means yes.

 

As easy as that, we made our way through the tempting exit. Guess we're just going to dump our first day of school and go play some balls. We're a badass tandem after all and anyway we have to keep a cool profile in order to attract more girls. More girls which is way prettier than that Sandara Park.

 

 

 

 

A/N: And that's the end of chapter one. If Dara didn't assume that Jiyong was waiting for his girlfriend, they could've talked by now and exchanged numbers and perhaps, she could've already met Lee Donghae! Aishh Dara's paranoia is driving me insane too hahahahahahaha.